Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

I'm going to buy 5-10 copies of the album over the next few weeks. Even though it's Sony we've got to keep supporting Michael and make this album a success. I only bought 'Michael' once due to the controversy surrounding it. I've listened to a couple of snippets (I don't want to ruin the surprises of the record/remixes) and so far sounds good. I like the subtle-ties of the tracks and particularly the use of instrumentation and the layering of Michael's voice. I know I love hearing anything slightly different from Michael - even if they are rehashes of his hits with no new material.

Is there a deluxe edition? I've read there's several editions of the album?

Standard and Deluxe, I've bought two deluxe versions. Do the deluxe enter the charts as the same as the standard version or are they different?

Standard and Deluxe, I've bought two deluxe versions. Do the deluxe enter the charts as the same as the standard version or are they different?

All versions chart together (as one album).

ITS STILL NOT ON STORES HERE UGH! IM GOING TO BUY 3 AT ONCE WHEN IT COMES OUT TO SHOW THEM U.U
Anyway, not cool there's no promotion at all here.
I can't wait to get my hands on the (three) album(s).

EDIT:

This is what it says from my order at michaeljackson.com

What does 'no key' mean?

Last edited:
No 33 on iTunes now, and someone told me on Amazon it was #4 in music and #54 in pop

It's #41 on Amazon's general music chart an hour ago.

May be we should just forget the chart for a moment... Just buy the album, press play, sit back and enjoy.

This album is not meant to be a chart topper. It's not promoted as such. It's not a studio album with brand new material. This album will do well in the long trun. I understand we all want to see Michael at #1. But, we do need to accept that he's not here to see it. Most importantly, he doesn't need another #1 to prove his status. He's forever the one and only King of Pop, the greatest enteratainer ever lived.

It's #41 on Amazon's general music chart an hour ago.

May be we should just forget the chart for a moment... Just buy the album, press play, sit back and enjoy.

This album is not meant to be a chart topper. It's not promoted as such. It's not a studio album with brand new material. This album will do well in the long trun. I understand we all want to see Michael at #1. But, we do need to accept that he's not here to see it. Most importantly, he doesn't need another #1 to prove his status. He's forever the one and only King of Pop, the greatest enteratainer ever lived.

Well, to each its own opinion I guess.
I love this show, I love this album, and yes I want to know where it tops at the chart. It has something the album Michael didn't have, most of fans approval, no controversy. I still haven't bought (and do not plan to) the Michael album, but I'll be glad to promote, buy, listen and enjoy the Immortal album and see it go as far as it can on the charts, to #1 if it's possible...

Fans have put a 10 years old album at the top of a chart... I'm confident we can do something with this too :)
Just let us have fun doing it, no need to down anyone saying it's not a chart topper. Just let us enjoy the moment please :)

It's #36 on Amazon now ;)

I think this album will have a long shelf life so the chart no's are not that important. People who watch the shows will probably be tempted to buy it as a reminder of their evening out, it will run and run I believe. Hopefully we will get some impressive numbers in sales.

This is not a album to chart but for us fans and the visitors of the show to cherish.

Well, to each its own opinion I guess.
I love this show, I love this album, and yes I want to know where it tops at the chart. It has something the album Michael didn't have, most of fans approval, no controversy. I still haven't bought (and do not plan to) the Michael album, but I'll be glad to promote, buy, listen and enjoy the Immortal album and see it go as far as it can on the charts, to #1 if it's possible...

Fans have put a 10 years old album at the top of a chart... I'm confident we can do something with this too :)
Just let us have fun doing it, no need to down anyone saying it's not a chart topper. Just let us enjoy the moment please :)

It's #36 on Amazon now ;)

Understood. I'll head to Best Buy and buy the album later today. :huggy:

I'm excited too. Orginally planned to buy the album after seeing the show, but changed my mind because of fans' enthusiasm and positive feedbacks.

its not in the top 20 in the uk charts because no one knows about the Michael jackson cirque du soleil show, hence they wouldn't know about the album being released. Once they tour in the UK then it might go higher in the charts...

I have not bought the album yet as I have asked for it for Christmas....However, I'm going to buy it on iTunes and I'll buy my sister a physical copy, too :D

Guys...we have to be realistic here.

We are coming out of a very high profile, very testing trial. The trial only ended 2 weeks ago, where all we heard was drug addiction, Demerol, Propofol, autopsy, manipulation....

We need to give the public and fans time to pick themselves up. Some peope need time to switch from highly negative...to dancing.

The album hasn't had much publicity because they couldn't have advertised it while MJ's autopsy was in the news.

This album shouldn't be compared to a NEW release, because it is not. We might compare it to Thriller 25th..and even then I am not so sure, because there wasn't a trial before it, and most importantly, MJ was able to do some press.

I really believe in the long run, as the Cirque Show is crossing the continents, it will be a consistent seller.

Don't expect #1....because you will be disappointed. Let's hope for the #1 "Cirque du Soleil Soundtrack"...Music-wise, it is ALREADY thebest Cirque soundtrack.

Be proud that most people who gave the album a chance, actually love and appreciate the new take on the classics.

2 bad that there is no Cirque show this week (the first week that the album is out). They are on the short break before Vegas shows.

Understood. I'll head to Best Buy and buy the album later today. :huggy:

I'm excited too. Orginally planned to buy the album after seeing the show, but changed my mind because of fans' enthusiasm and positive feedbacks.

:hug: Thanks for understanding.. I'm not gonna have an attack if it doesn't reach #1, :toofunny: I just hope it'll get as high as it can, be it #1 if achievable! And I'll have fun watching this and will have a perfect time listening to the album :)

I ordered the deluxe ed last sat hasnt arrived yet, im hoping it will be here 2morrow and im also gonna buy an extra copie but the standed version this time.

Surprised there's no Billie Jean on this album...

EDIT: I suppose it's part of the megamix.

My Immortal -2CD Deluxe Japan Edition EICP 1510~1

:wild:

kermit.gif

So is the Japan limited edition any different from the regular deluxe edition?

Early predictions from HDD:

Rock is back, at least for a week. Nickelback will be the top post-Black Friday debut from today and will battle Michael Buble for the #1 album next Tuesday. Drake, in his second week, could be a spoiler, but seems a long shot as of today. Here's a bigger than a breadbox look at this week's key new releases. I'll update with more fine-tuned projections tomorrow.

Nickelback (Roadrunner) 225-250k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 180-200k
Daughtry (19/RCA) 140-160k
Mary J. Blige (Geffen) 120-140k
Big Time Rush (Nickelodeon/Columbia) 90-110k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 75-90k
Michael Jackson (Epic) 50-60k
Bob Seger, Ultimate Hits (Capitol) 50-55k
Yelawolf (Ghet-O-Vision/Shady/Interscope) 40-50k

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Back