Michael Jackson Save The Last Dance For Me Dance Video I created

Okay ya'll, I made a youtube video. And since I've never done anything even remotley like making a video before, it was hard and it ain't perfect, lol. But I'm actually quite proud of the little fella, haha. I always get annoyed when I see dance compliations of Michael on youtube because I never feel like anyone chooses the right clips for showing what an amazing dancer Michael is. So I put one together, by reading how to from various sites and downloading various programs, lol. It took me a looong time, so here it is! I hope you enjoy it. It's set to Michael Buble's "Save The Last Dance For Me". And thanks for looking!

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbVPkrqW9jghttp://es.youtube.com/watch?v=JLYPwS-BP24

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson Save The Last Dance For Me

Thats very well done for your first video, you should do more! You did a great job!!

Re: Michael Jackson Save The Last Dance For Me Dance Video

That was a great video

What i really liked is that you didn't show about 100 clips of Michael moonwalking (like alot of these Michael dancing tribute videos do), you really showed how versitile Michael's dancing is.

Very nice! There's some footage in there that I haven't seen before lol. You should keep it up!

Thanks so much you guys. I appreciate it and your comments! And yeah analouge, I get annoyed at how often people highlight the moonwalk, lol. I mean, it's a cool move, but it's not Michael's most asthetically pleasing or interesting. Not even. People should look at his lines and how clean and extended they are, and how precise he is. Plus I just wanted to make a fun video which made people smile! I think I did pretty good with synching the picture and the music.

I was thinking of making others at some point too. Just for fun, haha.

Wow! that was awesome! :clapping: thanks for sharing! :punk:

Wow I love MJ dance compilation videos in general, but I know I'll love yours even more. You do seem to have an eye for his dance and appreciate it to the fullest. As Mike says you "dissect" and find greatness. I'm sure you easily put a lot of great ones together. Can't watch right now. Later at home. Thank you so much for sharing:yes:

^^ While watching I liked reading your philosophy underneath the choice of the clips-as you said many times before, it's more of his technician side, more of his clear-cut, even photogenic side. Even if I'd watched it before I came to know about your view on his dancing, I'd still be able to figure that out. I mean, YOU, the maker, shows behind the video. I dig that.

We all know he loves camera and is interested in working and playing with it. So, he must know how to present his dancing in front of it. Not to mentione it comes from many years of experience as a performer as well. A truly smart entertainer. (Y'all remember the Ebony interview?) Yet I don't forget the fact that he does it out of instinct rather than calculations and plans. Another point that your video leads me to think about...

Yeah, that's what I wanted to get across. I always feel like people choose the wrong clips. They'll choose clips of him on tour when physical exauhsten is apparent on him, they'll choose a lot of clips from the "History" tour where, while he danced a lot, he was very tired and was ill for a majority of the time, and thus it isn't an accurate dipiction of what Michael is phayically capable of as a dancer. So I wanted to put clips in there where he was rested and able to give 100%, and which showed his phenomenal lines and speed, and also his versatility as a dancer and his intricacy. He's such a detailed dancer, and he treats every movement with special care, and he puts out more movement then almost anyone, with his interim, fractional steps. So, asthetically, I wanted to show how beautiful Michael's dancing is. He's more pleasing to watch then any other, in my opinion. His ability to make every movement crystal clear, to have lines so clean and straight that you can make out the position of his body from any shot or angle, on top of his speed, never lingering on a step or getting to the next pose lathargically.

...clips of him on tour when physical exauhsten is apparent on him

I just saw your video, loved it by the way, great choice of clips.. Not sure if I agree 100% with saying that it's a bad idea to use tour clips.. I think his energy on stage, particually during the Bad Tour showcased some of the of his best dancing abilities.. My favourite being the entire 'Shake Your Body' epic.. Flawless movement, sweaty, powerful.. he is showing his true and paramount efforts in his dance during that tour.

D-A-M-N-!-!-!-!

don't be so modest

that was a Sensational Video! Some of those clips i've never seen before and i have watched a lot of videos on youtube. your editing rocked!

I just saw your video, loved it by the way, great choice of clips.. Not sure if I agree 100% with saying that it's a bad idea to use tour clips.. I think his energy on stage, particually during the Bad Tour showcased some of the of his best dancing abilities.. My favourite being the entire 'Shake Your Body' epic.. Flawless movement, sweaty, powerful.. he is showing his true and paramount efforts in his dance during that tour.

Well I meant mainly from the "History" tour. While his dancing is still better then everyone elses on that tour, by his standards, you could see he was tired, etc... I agree totally with you about the "Bad" tour and most definitely during the "Dangerous" tour. His dancing on both those tours was off the hook and, as you said, perfect. I actually would have put more clips from both those tours in the video, but it is only 3 and a half minutes, lol. Thank you for looking and commenting though!

And thank you freind, lol. The funny thing was, the clips just seemed to snyc with the song without too much effort on my part, lol.

Thank you Foxy! Coming from a film student, that means a lot!

No problem, it was great and its cool that its inspired you to make more videos..

(Not trying to hijack the thread but I am about to post my first student documentary (that has a budget) in the general discussion thread if you would like to check it out!)

First of all I want to say that I've seen alot of dance compilations of MJ and more often than not I would be dislpeased with the parts they chose. The only part I think shouldn't have been in the video is the "Beat it" performance from Bucharest where he does that karate like move. its an ok move but its too simplistic as compared to the other clips in the video. I was glad to see you chose that once off "In the closet" dance step because the coordination in that step is just mind blowing. I also loved the 70s clip where he is wearing a penguin suit, man! He is so clean, but comparing the tap dancing in that clip to the one in the 'Black or White" segment, you can see that his tap dancing evolved as it looks much harder to do in the latter video. The part on "The way you make me feel" video just after he sings to the girl and lauches into a series of dance moves right in front of her also depicts MJ's speed well. In fact I had always wanted it to be included in the generic compilation videos I've seen in the past.
Nicole you really outdone yourself on this one, I really ,really apreciate it! You should do more of these videos and show these suckers how its done.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much Bongani, I really appreciate your feedback, and I'm glad you liked it. I agree with you that Michael's tap dancing became more impressive later on. He became even cleaner and tighter, more intense, with just as much speed. He was in his prime of course in the clip from "Black Or White" and at that point in time was a total beast. His speed and fluidity was and still is outstanding. I put the clip from "Beat It" in just as a means to show his cleanness and the excellency of his form. The step is simple, but like I always say, the steps themselves don't really matter so much as how you execute them does. But I understand what you said as well. I also wanted to show his versatility. What makes Michael so outstanding is his speed combined with his clean lines and the accuracy of his movement. I've never seen anyone move like that. Anyway, thank you for bumping the thread too, lol. I'll try making other videos like this when I get the time. I had never done a video before and this little sucker took me seven hours to get right, lol. But I think it was worth it. I'll take me less time, I think, once I get better at it. There were a lot of steps and clips of Michael's dancing that I wasn't able to include that I wanted to, but I had a limited amount of time with the song chose. But I'll get around to it eventually. Again, thank you so much for your comments. They really mean a lot to me.

Hey, wannabe that was pretty darn good for a first timer. Lol!
I enjoyed it. Wasnt crazy about the song choice but it was still good and I get why you used it .
Even tho the moonwalk is always figured in these types of videos, as you stated,
and seems to be done all the time, it's still a part of MJ's dance.
One itty bitty clip wouldna hurt. You know....for us moonwalking lovers. Hahaha!
I especially like the TDCAU sequence......the way MJ moves in that scene is off the chain.
Quick and to the point, leaving your jaw in your lap.
All of your clip choices were on point but I agree with Bongani about the BEAT IT! part.
As for the ITC...... ;) loved it! My username is based on that.
Well done! :)

Wow, thank you so much Bongani, I really appreciate your feedback, and I'm glad you liked it. I agree with you that Michael's tap dancing became more impressive later on. He became even cleaner and tighter, more intense, with just as much speed. He was in his prime of course in the clip from "Black Or White" and at that point in time was a total beast. His speed and fluidity was and still is outstanding. I put the clip from "Beat It" in just as a means to show his cleanness and the excellency of his form. The step is simple, but like I always say, the steps themselves don't really matter so much as how you execute them does. But I understand what you said as well. I also wanted to show his versatility. What makes Michael so outstanding is his speed combined with his clean lines and the accuracy of his movement. I've never seen anyone move like that. Anyway, thank you for bumping the thread too, lol. I'll try making other videos like this when I get the time. I had never done a video before and this little sucker took me seven hours to get right, lol. But I think it was worth it. I'll take me less time, I think, once I get better at it. There were a lot of steps and clips of Michael's dancing that I wasn't able to include that I wanted to, but I had a limited amount of time with the song chose. But I'll get around to it eventually. Again, thank you so much for your comments. They really mean a lot to me.

No problem girl , anyway where do the two 70s clips come from? Never seen them before..

Those are from The Jacksons Variety Shoes, around 1976 and 77. There's a bunch of great tap dancing routines Michael did throughout that show. His song and dance performances are about the only thing of value from them, lol.

Back