Michael Jackson Scream - The Album

I always love Michal's songs about fear and horror. From This place hotel to Threatened, these songs are awesome.(y)
We don't celebrate Halloween as Americans do, but I'm willing to decorate my house with Halloween stuff, listening to the new album.
As 'Xscape' album was in good quality, I think this new album wouldn't be bad..... I'll keep my fingers closed.

I'm personally not interested in this, but it seems like the Estate has their marketing together. Saw that the commercial for it was on NBC. And it's an album that could and should be played at Halloween parties.

My "horror" playlist

Thriller
Off the wall
Who is it
Smooth Criminal
Little Susie
Torture
Ghosts
Dangerous
Xscape (original)
This place Hotel
Blood on the dancefloor
is it Scary
Threatened

Speaking of re-releases, I really wish that the estate would re-release HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor on vinyl. Currently those are really expensive

A new music video?? - hmm, think it's for the mashup. - I mean... How could they ever do a video for Threatened without MJ in it? - Then it should be an animated one maybe, but I do not see fans being very happy for that...

If they somehow have found material recorded for a Dangerous musicvideo - that would be great.

But a new musicvideo for a MJ song will always help promote I guess, so fine by me whatever they do.

Somebody's Watching Me - MJ does not sing very much in that song really does he?? - I like the song, and fine to include on the album, but not much MJ other than the chorous...

Torture and Heartbreak Hotel - that means The Jacksons and the Estate can release stuff together? So maybe a tour is not unrealistic more??

I think I will but the vinyl. Looks great. - I had hoped for Is It Scary, but the track-list is as it is... - Maybe they could have released a special fan edition with Little Susie, Scared of the Moon, Is It Scary, 2 BAD and Smooth Criminal... - But that will not happen...

Ghosts to be screened sound very promising... - Maybe it has been made into great quality too at the same time as they did Thriller. - So maybe it will be released on Blu-Ray together with Thriller and the making of?? - That would be the best release the estate could release to celebrate Halloween,

I always love Michal's songs about fear and horror. From This place hotel to Threatened, these songs are awesome.(y)
We don't celebrate Halloween as Americans do, but I'm willing to decorate my house with Halloween stuff, listening to the new album.
As 'Xscape' album was in good quality, I think this new album wouldn't be bad..... I'll keep my fingers closed.

lol i dont understand the fans, make your own playlist of the "new album" with the albums they released 20+ years ago. I hate the Estate... Until 2001 when mj was a live we get one greatest Hits After another! The Estate is more than creapy. Release unrealased Stuff or Nothing they killing mjs legacy, and because of the "praise" fans, when they flipping out about every creapy release that the estate do, they will never learning and in the future we will get another remix album and another greatest hits album... please dont buy the shit, let know the estate that we dont want them! Give the fu***ng rights of his music to his family or another else to release them!??? Where is the post Trial Songs???????????????????????????????????????????????????

From Invincible until his death 8 Years (only releasing some Greatest hits with Demos)
From His Death until now 8 Years (Not one Complilation with only unheard Songs, they released on each "album" Songs which we know because they leaked when MJ was alive, where is the high quality Songs??????? I though he had 400 unrealased Songs? Even after Prince death i had more unrealased songs then mj

So at last im Waiting 16 years for an Album full with unheard songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Coulda swapped out a couple of them tracks (leave me alone, dirty diana) for Is It Scary and 2Bad. And maybe put Little Susie and Morphine as extra. Just would make more sense for the theme???? I would love to get behind it but I can't get really excited because the track list is a bit "meh" and there's nothing extra for real fans, apart from the megamix.

Not covered very well here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4860048/Michael-Jackson-new-album-ONE-new-track.html

Daily Mail MJ coverage has always been negatively biased though

I couldn't resist... Just pre-ordered on iTunes...

And got the mashup already - I like it.

Coulda swapped out a couple of them tracks (leave me alone, dirty diana) for Is It Scary and 2Bad. And maybe put Little Susie and Morphine as extra. Just would make more sense for the theme???? I would love to get behind it but I can't get really excited because the track list is a bit "meh" and there's nothing extra for real fans, apart from the megamix.

Not covered very well here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4860048/Michael-Jackson-new-album-ONE-new-track.html

Daily Mail MJ coverage has always been negatively biased though

Why do they call him Prince of Pop ... ?? - never seen that before... he is the KING

Why do they call him Prince of Pop ... ?? - never seen that before... he is the KING

Lmao wtf. If MICHAEL JACKSON is the Prince of Pop, who's the f*ck then is the King?

Rumors from people at Sony Music Russia are started circulating yesterday, that they're also gonna release one music video / short film for music TV channels and it will be released at MJ's VEVO channel at YouTube very soon. And it's not "Thriller" or "Ghosts", but some Michael Jackson song never before officially released as a music video. Some fans say they've also noticed an announcement about a music video here https://www.facebook.com/michael.jackson.ru/ which might have been published too early and then was deleted.

"Threatened" or this White Panda's mashup? :scream: Any ideas?
I think it's probably the mashup but if it is Threatened it would be AWESOME!! :eek::sarmoti

I love this fanmade short film of Threatened:

So it would be awesome to have an official one! (y)

Long Post Alert :clap:

It's nice to see this project is being promoted well. Even though I'm not really behind it (I wish I was), I can't deny I'm seeing it everywhere.
It's cool they've given a platform to MJ's lesser known tracks. I do feel it's money for nothing admittedly but it's nice to see they're going out with a bang.
I shouldn't get my hopes up but if they release Threatened as a single with a short film, I'll immediately get behind this project

Personally I would have included Somebody's Watching Me in the mash up and put Is It Scary on the album. I do love Somebody's Watching Me and it makes sense being on the record whereas Dirty Diana doesn't despite one of the greatest songs ever, it isn't scary. Paranoid yes, scary no.

As for the mash up. I'm not sold on it. AlwaysThere hit the nail on the head it has no direction.
I like it because it's Michael's incredible vocals and they shine, especially on Dangerous, but Leave Me Alone feels out of place, the way they pitched it to make it fit is poor. I don't know why but the intensity of the chorus's of BOTDF are gone, there feels like there's no urgency in his vocal, when you listen to the actual song that's what drives it. The last 10-15 seconds of the mash up are golden with those powerful adlibs.
Good points for me, BOTDF bass is front and centre of the mix, the start is cool, Dangerous vocals.
Hopefully this isn't the single though

Also I always have a pet hate for when they rearrange the lines in his songs as well, like when Timbaland did it on Xscape as though they know better than the best selling artist in music history.

The last thing I will say is I've kept quiet on this because I don't want to dampen anyone's excitement. I'm pleased for the one's who are looking forward to this project and who enjoy the mash up. Even though I will probably not buy this one, I still support the Estate but I refuse to blindly follow everything they do.

Unsure if already discussed as it's too long to read through 24 pages but the most interesting thing about this release to me is the inclusion of Somebody's Watching Me. Am I right in thinking this is the first time it's ever been included on a MJ album or even officially acknowledged as being a song that he sings on? It may just be enough to sway me into buying the album as I don't own the song in any official capacity yet.

A snippet of his part on the chorus was included in the horror mix on Immortal but that's it.

Wtf does off the wall and leave me alone got to do with "scream horror theme????!!!

Re: #MJScream - Coming 29th September.

It does. I don't even have a vinyl player but I am tempted to buy this. LOL.

81vAD30fkRL._SL1500_.jpg

heres another confusing thing.........ummm that "booklet" artwork as neautiful as it is does not ft with the whole "scream halloween thiller" concept!

does branca understand marketing???? :scratchhead:

Re: #MJScream - Coming 29th September.

heres another confusing thing.........ummm that "booklet" artwork as neautiful as it is does not ft with the whole "scream halloween thiller" concept!

does branca understand marketing???? :scratchhead:

It reminds me of a Batman comic, possibly The Long Halloween...

Wtf does off the wall and leave me alone got to do with "scream horror theme????!!!

Off The Wall does have that evil laughter at the beginning of the song, but other than that, I have no idea what that has to do with horror

I think we have to wait for the halloween movie. If this album is the soundtrack for the movie then I think it'll become clear once we've seen it. :)

Dirty Diana isn't horror-themed either, but the beginning could very well be used in such a setting.

Did I hear rumors about another press release? - something like they had two coming - Scream being one, and one we do not know about?

If so - I hope it's about Ghosts :)

I hate rumours lol I'm liking what I hear so far but that megamix sounds just like someting some wannabe DJ threw together in his bedroom :pth:

This is a strange one indeed. Some glaring track omissions. No unreleased material (other than a tedious remix). I get it. Just a quick tie in and something for collectors. Seems to me that would have made more money with a Dangerous 25. Oh well.

I've listened to the new mashup on my sound system at home, and the mixing is not top notch. It's horrible on my sound system. Too much compression and random 'aaauws' and 'hee hees" going on. I liked the idea when I first heard it on my iPhone traveling from work to home, but the obvious details of the horrible mix were revealed on my sound system.

I do not support this project at all.

I have a got feeling that the new Scream vinyl edition will be pretty collectable in the future guys :)

Back