Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the guy they used?

2646484182_2.jpg

According to his facebook, yes.

IF THEY USED AN IMPERSONATOR. It would be for tracking the movements.
Its done in movies, and videogames. live actors most of the time really play cut scenes out.
Im pretty positive it was full CG. And using the tracking would make sense because... derp CGI.

What you have, is what you can work with.

AT LEAST its not a run of the mill tribute with videos.
My parents were watching with me and the whole time they were like OMG. They usually hate Michael!
They loved it and cant stop talking about it.

I hate to sound like an ass but I myself have been watching Michael perform since 5 years old in 1994. I will not settle for this crap. People who do have honestly not have watched enough performances. The only person who looked to enjoy was L.A. Reid he also looked very concerned. I'm sorry it sucked. If they were just going to use an impersonator let him do it on stage and do his moves incorrectly. I rather had seen a studio session or a DJ Oxygene remix video than this so called hologram.

10401454_10202055701816235_1937234215144097212_n.jpg

shame when you studied michael for soo long and when you see this and try to say it's a impersonator noone wants to listen

My moonwalk is better thanthis guy... How can he call him as an impersonator!? CGI or not dance was really bad...

Future performances? Who would want future performances after seeing that? They went down the wrong road. They need to cut their losses and turn around and go back. This was awful. And no I wasn't expecting anything amazing because it's not really my thing. The only thing I was anticipating was just how much they could get the face to look like Michael. Turns out they couldn't get it anywhere near close. I wasn't even against giving the performance a shot before I saw it. But now that I've seen it, I never want anything like that to happen ever again. It was just terrible.

Just came back and saw the video. It was good. :) Of course to us hardcore fans it will feel a bit weird and "iffy" but I think for the general audience and non-fans it was a rather pretty good performance. What can they do you know? MJ is not here, so the magic is not all there, but I think it was good. Now to see it when it actually airs. Was sweet to see a couple people tearing though... aww.

Agree 100% . When I first saw him sitting there his face looked digitized for sure. I thought it was really cool and I am sure everybody else did also. The song was amazing- it was really bangin" as they say. So it was good promotion.

Look, what are they going to do? He's gone. But boy it had my heart going. Everyone knew it would not be actual MJ. Right?

Just pls. don't post any RF article here. The douche bag is probably writing as we speak.

I LOVED IT!!!

Lighten up people, it was amazing and had every single person in that arena captivated!!

The first ever televised "hologram" has just happened and it had Mike's name written all over it!

Of course it's not going to be "100% I can't believe it omg it's like he never died" kind of thing, and maybe it shouldn't of been as hyped as Robin Leach made it out to be, but it was still the highlight of the show without a doubt!

I agree with you. Thank you. :agree:

A hologram is just that a hologram.
I, personally, am a "Slave to the Rhythm".
:woohoo:

It is so obvious what was done there.
They got an MJ impersonator, captured his moves like they do in the movies.
Then they created an CGI MJ with his whole face created digitally and then made him move like the captured moves from the impersonator.
It's obviously a CGI face, not the impersonator face, you can tell by the movements on the mouth and stuff.

I guess they should had told us exactly how it was going to be, because I believe all of us were expecting an MJ image instead of a CGI MJ.
But I'm ok with that. The only thing I think should be better was his face. It should look more like him.

I can't believe some fans are actually defending this shit. "Michael made history", really?? Michael would have never EVER agree to something so half-assed and embarrassing being associated with him. He was upset about the Who Is It video and didn't make it official because a body double was used there - and you could hardly tell. But this? An impersonator dancing to a butchered song - way to honor the artist's legacy.

I'm so done with this album, and its promotion. Sony is HOPELESS. That deal in 2010 was the biggest mistake that was made since Michael's death. And I was of better opinion of the MJ estate. Cirque show was a good tribute, BAD 25 was awesome, but how did they then stoop to THIS?

Waw you are done with the album and the promotion because you feel the illusion was not up to par? The album has Michael's voice on it--the same album that you are done with. There has been several wonderful promotional activities and projects for this album. Why be done with the album because of this one problem? I hope others are not done with this album, because I want it to still do well worldwide and in the US. Thanks again UK for making the album #1.

jarza;4008762 said:
Where did they tell that? Did they officially say that somewhere or is it just a rumour? I think they haven't officially said a lot about this whole thing so I wouldn't blame the estate for lying to us yet. I guess I want to hear first what they have to say about this and I think this 'performance' was okay as long as they don't try to tell us that it was based on MJ's original footage. We are not stupid. :)

This is what we were told through the media, who got it from "sources". The estate never said anything, other than what info they feed to this guy to write into his column.

I learned that Michael’s estate trustees came across undiscovered L.A. Reid recorded footage of Michael that they didn’t know existed. The lawsuit says the music will be a new song, “Slave to the Rhythm.”

“They didn’t know what they originally wanted to do with it or make with it except just wanting to capture him alive forever. That became the background format for this new technology.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdel...ard-awards-preview-michael-jackson-imagery-i/

What we got tonight, was not any footage of Michael, in any way.

You know what drives me mad is the negativity, I know some of you did not see him live but dont you think the estate are doing the best they can? I wont even watch it now with the comments I read but Michael is number 1 in uk , has a top 8! Single in uk! Dont you think thats some achievment
All this negativity comes from same people, look Michaels Dead! Sorry but thats the hard fact now deal with it and wake up to the fact that this will promote xscsape no end and get that song known to non fans alike!

Rip Michael your the best.

Terry

Exactly it was all from Robin Leach estate and sony never said anything.

Second outlook... I watched it again and guess what, it was as good as it could get since we don't have Michael with us. This is the best they could do and this is the best we can get. I'm glad we are in an age where we can experience this.

Thank you for everyone who participated. It was HIStory in the making and who better than Michael to make it! :heart:

:D

IF THEY USED AN IMPERSONATOR. It would be for tracking the movements.
Its done in movies, and videogames. live actors most of the time really play cut scenes out.
Im pretty positive it was full CG. And using the tracking would make sense because... derp CGI.

What you have, is what you can work with.

AT LEAST its not a run of the mill tribute with videos.
My parents were watching with me and the whole time they were like OMG. They usually hate Michael!
They loved it and cant stop talking about it.

Even if the whole thing was an impersonator, it shouldn't matter...

MICHAEL HIMSELF USED AN IMPERSONATOR IN JUST ABOUT EVERY CONCERT HE DID POST 1992!!

Do people forget that??

Mike wasn't above using illusion and trickery in his own shows, he was an entertainer first and foremost and was always on the cutting edge of technology new ways to take people to new places!

This is so obviously a continuation of his lifelong work..

What if when Walt Disney died everyone just decided to close Disneyland and stop producing animated and feature films and innovate new story telling methods and new engineering inventions with its theme parks?? What a waste that'd be..

In that regard is the way I feel about what happened tonight, it's something Michael would be so happy and excited about IMO, and so honored that he was smack in the middle of yet another monumental even in television broadcast history!

The negativity in this fanbase just makes me want to leave and do my own thing.

That would be why I don't post. I prefer to just enjoy MJ with my kids. Tired of all this, "You must be a new fan if you don't agree with me crap". To hell with that, been a fan for about 30 years.

The negativity in this fanbase just makes me want to leave and do my own thing.

These are fans opinions, fans who remember Michael, who grew up with Michael, fans so passionate, fans who knew what michael stood for and knew he strived for only the best and beyond and how serious he took his art. No ones stopping you leaving, but remember this is a forum, opinions clash here.

Being a Michael Jackson fan, I was not impressed by this impersonator's dance moves. The back-up dancers totally out danced him, which would have never happened to the real Michael Jackson. But hopefully the general public won't pay attention to those details and just enjoy the music! Not a Michael Jackson performance, but a nice tribute I guess.

10401454_10202055701816235_1937234215144097212_n.jpg

shame when you studied michael for soo long and when you see this and try to say it's a impersonator noone wants to listen

You can tell the face is CG. Kinda looks like Dangerous era, Black or White MJ to me. The body isn't and would be the impersonator dude.
And what's the deal with the Christopher guy saying the Estate "not having the hologram ready," what does that mean? o.o

Michael would NEVER give a lackluster performance! NEVER in his life! .

HIStory tour says hi...

As for this holographic performance, the lesson here is : NEVER believe the hype.

The Tupac one worked because it was eerily life-like and, more importantly, there was interaction between the hologram and other people. When Snoop shows up, that's magical, because it looks like something impossible is actually happening. You believe.

This was just an impersonator on a screen with an unconvincing CGI face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back