Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for all who's saying "they are doing the best they can" - there are some things that simply shouldn't be done. Michael is not here to build statues around the world. Let's accept that and not try to match that, but instead honor him in a classy and respectful manner. But no, they are trying to match his scale, go big - big attention, big hype, big money - and it ends up being plain unethical. Yes, to have a #1 record is good, but not all measures are justified by this end. If you really respect the artist, there is certain tact that should guide you and certain ethical boundaries that you shouldn't overstep.

The public may love it - the public will eat everything: an impersonator hologram, fake songs - because they have no clue and they don't care. They don't care about Michael, they are at best feeding their nostalgia and guilt for ridiculing him when he was alive. They cheered, then went home and moved on to the next artist of the day. So if the only goal is to have #1 and to please the public, you can slap "MJ" on almost everything, hype it up, and it will sell. But will that be respectful to the artist? No. Will that help preserve his legacy? No.

Money is important, I get it. There is the debt, there are 3 children to feed. But when money becomes the only driver, this is what you get. People eat it up, young generation eats it up, but for me it's just painful that they are trying to reduce the unique, magical, sparkling genius in people's memory to this - tracks full of electronic noise and an imitator in red pants.

Last edited:
"
She works so hard
"... "
She's a slave to the rhythm
".

892746ffecfb0b8cf9cb8489998130d7.png

Edit: Double post.
MJJC barely holds up, if fans' attention was their goal, they sure succeeded.

Last edited:
LMFAO did I read folks saying they were done with the album?! I am absolutely disappointed with what happened today. But as a FAN I'd NEVER EVER boycott Xscape, for what exactly?! Xscape IS Michael, it has Michael's soul, it's him singing from the top of his lungs. Why should I 'punish' Michael b/c of being mad/disappointed at others?
Boycotting Xscape is going to hurt MICHAEL and NOT Sony the most.
I want to see Michael on that #1 regardless of what happened today, I want Michael to be in the news for all the RIGHT REASONS.
I find it utterly hilarious that folks still don't get that by boycotting Michael products you are going to hurt Michael and his brand the most and not the record company.
If you want to harm the record company you need to boycott ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS. And not just Michael Jackson albums.

SMH @ folks really wanting to boycott the entire album over something like this.

I am beyond disappointed because not only did it not live up to the hype, but it appears as if the hologram was based on an impersonator.
BUT I will not take out my anger on the one guy who is completely innocent of any wrong doing, who had no say in this, which is Michael.
I am not going to punish him for other ppl messing up.
Every single fan needs to go out and buy that album and help Michael be in the news for all right reasons. Help Michael stay relevant because of his musics rather than trials and tribulations.

Oh and before anyone comes here accusing me of negativity, I am one of those who is hardly ever negative about any MJ projects. I always support ventures related to MJ if they're officially put out by his estate, because I believe in keeping MJ and his art alive. I am just, I guess disappointed at the execution of this supped 'hologram'.

Last edited:
You know some fans will never be happy. I've always come to this forum to share the love we have for MJ. I always try to be positive. But there are always ppl here that derail the joy I've been and I am sure many many of us are feeling about this project. The estate hit a home run with Xscape- it is absolutely beautiful. This performance was great. It helped promote Xscape. It is a hologram after all. I don't know what you want ppl. seriously.

Lighten up. I believe it was trending in twitter. This is not just for the ppl in this forum which constitute a very minute minority. This promotion is for the general public- everybody out there.

It is very frustrating to be part of this forum at times. So I am going to take a leave and enjoy this amazing project elsewhere. I think it will be better for my mood. :ciao: Go Xscape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I want to leave. But then I wouldn't get all the info I want to know. Unfortunately I was too young to see Michael live. Hell, even live in a world where Michael wasn't the butt of EVERY JOKE. Michael did his best when he was alive. But to expect the absolute best in death is crazy.

I love Michael, and im a newer fan. (2007)
By then Michael wasn't doing shows, he was trying to make his comeback and he died. I don't have the best eyes, I wear glasses. I know the CGI face was off, but the moves looked nice. Was the moonwalk prefect? no. But ill take what I can get.

Don't go anywhere. We need different mindsets in the forum for it to be healthy. Otherwise we will have a situation like a cult where those with the loudest voices and moans rule and force others to their point of view. It is good to have new and younger members too.

Good to see a positive report on this above^^.

STTR was 111 on iTunes, they 97. Now its 91.

At least these tracks aren't collecting dust in a vault and they are being shown off in a different way that isn't the run of the mill.

on a postive, 2 chainz performed there wearing a michael jackson jacket
10303377_10202056002623755_8355981153724944970_n.jpg

Well, even though this event didn't quite come off as most of us thought it would, we still have our Xscape album to enjoy. :) And that's what I'm going to do.

Its fascinating to me. I need To know everything about it. Great choice on jacket I thought that was a thoughtful touch since Michael liked this jacket a lot
tumblr_mcyggo6rNc1qcqvito1_500.jpg

Thanks for creating him :huggy:
VMJ is alright with me :victory:

The impersonator did sidewalk the wrong direction and some moves MJ wouldn't normally do (or probably never has), BUT MJ did it this way for some shows in the Bad Tour.

The lips could have been a bit bigger, I think. It looks just about spot on in the picture Billboard posted on its article, though the head seems out of place.

Boycotting Xscape is going to hurt MICHAEL and NOT Sony the most.

I don't give a damn about Sony. If they release a good product, I'll buy it. But the way they treated Michael's songs on Xscape was insulting, end of story. If I bought it, I wouldn't be able to look at his picture on my wall. And thinking that not buying an album of Timbaland frankensongs will hurt Michael, is, in my opinion, plain delusional. In musical sense nothing will ever hurt Michael anymore. He's done everything he needed to do, he is immortal, and nothing will ever change that.

Can someone tell me the story behind the hologram?? I believe they animated MJ but the face motion capture didn't work well enough! There are powerful softwares that can do that! I can see they spent a larger portion of the effort in making his moves as sm00th as possible. And who the heck is Christopher Gaspar?? Why are fans talking about him? -_-

The impersonator did sidewalk the wrong direction and some moves MJ wouldn't normally do (or probably never has), BUT MJ did it this way for some shows in the Bad Tour.

The lips could have been a bit bigger, I think. It looks just about spot on in the picture Billboard posted on its article, though the head seems out of place.

Why are people saying there was an impersonator?? Is there any official source?? I believe they tried to animate MJ but it wasn't as good enough.

*skimming through the comments*

I didn't like it very much, but I'm not boycotting the estate/sony/xscape/etc or any of that nonsense.

I dunno why people are hating the promo for this as a whole.

Also on the opposite side of this, not liking this thing doesn't mean you aren't a fan. It's not crazy to think the face was horribly done.

Why are people saying there was an impersonator?? Is there any official source?? I believe they tried to animate MJ but it wasn't as good enough.

Whether it was impersonator or motion capture, it was one of those. The movements were too fluid and such to be strictly cgi.

I watched the Billboard Music Awards too... I liked the Michael Jackson 'hologram' I just wasn't too sure.... I just don't like impersonators. It's not for the Michael Jackson era - it should stay in the Elvis era - and I like Elvis. I think people were kind of confused outside of the fan base if it was a hologram or only an impersonator.

P.S.
I saw this on tumblr.
Check it out.
http://michaeljacksonpsds.tumblr.com/post/86177238449/whos-responsible-lmao

Last edited:
Its fascinating to me. I need To know everything about it. Great choice on jacket I thought that was a thoughtful touch since Michael liked this jacket a lot
tumblr_mcyggo6rNc1qcqvito1_500.jpg

Thanks for creating him :huggy:
VMJ is alright with me :victory:

The jacket used on the impersonator was a slight variation of this and colour variation

mj-jacket-115327_0x440.jpg

I think now the next move should be to release "The making of" like MJ did with his videos. Regardless of how the finish product rated with many fans, there was awesome technology involved and THAT would make for a great short film.

Where can I get #slavetotherhythm extended version played at BBA. I noticed the xscape version is cut short. the end is best part!

Because the impersonator they used confirmed it was him via his facebook, after the performance aired. Specifically making note of the "confidentiality" agreement he made with the Estate, which apparently was over once the performance was done.

Can he be lying? Yes, but I don't see why he'd do that.

One more thing, I'll never understand this recent attitude amongst some fans on this forum, that if you have nothing positive to say in regards to an Estate project, we're not allowed to speak on it. We should just lie, and say "I LOVE IT!" or not say anything at all. Schweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back