Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The physical structure that appeared on the stage was greatly created though, it was a spectacle to withhold.. more like a fifa football game style than anything else though, still pretty epic to look at, next.. i want a bad tour blu ray, maybe re visit the hologram idea once they get his looks a little more accurate

I haven't seen it - the media seem to be going crazy over it - but the comments from some people are exactly as I would have expected. Some of you guys were never going to like it.

I will take the views of those I respect thank you. The rest of you, who seem to criticise anything Sony or The Estate try to do, I will ignore.

Is there an ignore button on here, by the way?

You can all complain and be bitter all you want. I am for one extremely grateful for everything the Estate has done to try to make sure people do not forget Michael. I am out of here.

For example I believe you said you loved Bad25 but the sales weren't even close to what is expected and none of the demos achieved what Xscape achieved. This album seems to be the best of two words, untouched demos + remixes.

Exactly. It's nice that "a handful of fans" enjoy Bad25, but virtually no one outside of the hard core fan base knows about demos like Abortion Papers, Price of Fame, Al Capone. With Xscape a wider public is reached - yes, with the new versions, but that also gives more publicity and more praise to the demos.

And it's really futile to pretend any of us could say "Michael would not want this" or "He would want that". Fact is - no one knows if he would be horrified with what's going on with Xscape or he would be proud. Just like no one knows if he would be horrified by the unfinished demos on Bad 25 being released... By the way, Michael was not above using current popular artists and their style to achieve chart success - Thriller 25 is a good example of that. To be honest that was a shallow project, and Michael still approved that.

I do not want to talk anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with it into buying Xscape. Do not buy it then. That's fine. But to say or suggest things like those who do buy it do not care about Michael's legacy is not fair. Like even the Xscape album booklet says: his body of work is complete as he left it. Posthumus projects are a new chapter and they should be viewed and judged differently.

You can all complain and be bitter all you want. I am for one extremely grateful for everything the Estate has done to try to make sure people do not forget Michael. I am out of here.

Ignore them. In the main, it's the same people bitching, over and over again.

If you want to see people's real motives, have a look at some of their posts prior to the performance. Half of them were slagging of L A Reid/Timber(land/lake)/Sony/The Estate/the album/etc, before the awards.

These people are waiting to pounce on the slightest thing.

Looking at the TV news, and media, this morning, this is more great promotion for MJ. I would imagine a good few new fans have been added to his many millions already.

Perhaps the new ones will come without all the baggage that some on here carry around. I do hope so.

What pissed me off the most and I think some might agree with me, the fact LA Reid deceived us telling that performance had unseen footage of Michael. It was a tacky IMPERSONATOR, NOT MICHAEL!

If what that one impersonator says is true, maybe they weren't able to fully use this footage for the hologram since they couldn't complete it properly in time? I also wonder if the pending lawsuit threw a monkey wrench into completing the thing properly.

Gotta say I'm sad with some of these comments. I know everyone has a right to their opinion, but for the first time in over twenty years the general public is IN LOVE with Michael and ignoring the tabloid bullshit. I think the amount of complaining here is a bit pointless.

You may be right

Next time Michael hologram come out again it will be better i have faith in that.

Last edited:
That impersonator moves like e Casanova a lot.. I wonder if it's him! As far as imposing MJs face on ithe impersonator the face was for sure super imposed it glitched a few times when changing angles... Not gonna spend time ripping it apart because I very appreciative for the promotion... They don't need to use mj impersonator, just use pre made mj footage of hi dancing even for 10 seconds from a coders and te realism of it will carry very far. The tupac style hologram is still leading the pack because it was tupac

it's an excellent starting point, i'm not complaining.. but the sideglide went to the left instead of to the right, and the thrusts looked a little soft.. and the face features were extremely lacking, but it was beautiful.. and i think they should continue to work on this, they can definitely create a better and more realistic hologram.. i'm sure of that, but wow.. it looked like it was physically on stage, my favorite part was the moonwalk, gotta see it in slow motion i think..

Virtual MJ doesn't look like Michael Jackson and certainly doesn't dance nor will ever be able to dance like MJ but "Slave to the Rhythm" illusion was a good advertising for the album. People will talk about this performance, some in a good way, some in a bad way, some we'll make jokes about it, and from the technical side POV this was a historic event.

24 or 25 years ago (I'm not sure anymore) I was playing Michael Jackson's Moonwalker game on my Amiga 500 computer. Honestly, the game wasn't anything special but because of Michael Jackson I enjoyed the game even though he was made of few pixels. :)

Guys you are ridiculous before the album was out some of you were playing it Spielberg style wanting the estate to do 3D animated videos of MJ, cartoon michael, paper michael and blah blah blah and now you're all saying its crap well if it's not news for you all MJ died 5 years ago you'll have to understand that Estate, Sony, Reid and whatever guys are doin' is good effort to please the hell out of our unsatisfied bottoms show some respect for the effort and stop crying every now and then there's no perfectuion without the real MJ if you can't understand that well 2 bad you'll be dissapointed for years (for generations maybe).

Edit : oh and a little thought if MJ never wanted his unfinished demos or unreleased stuff never released he would have destroyed everything (god only knows what he left and what he destroyed) the guy was about immortality think of him as an intelligent person enuff with the conspiracy and disneyworld stuff he was a smart showbiz guy.

The impersonator is quite good IMO. It must be a smart move for promoting a new album.
but honestly, I found it funny and weird little bit.

its 3d it isnt gonna look exactly like him 100% unless they use facial recognition, it doesn't look like him with the facial expressions because that is quite hard to replicate either way its good to see MJ at the billboards

it's an excellent starting point, i'm not complaining.. but the sideglide went to the left instead of to the right, and the thrusts looked a little soft.. and the face features were extremely lacking, but it was beautiful.. and i think they should continue to work on this, they can definitely create a better and more realistic hologram.. i'm sure of that, but wow.. it looked like it was physically on stage, my favorite part was the moonwalk, gotta see it in slow motion i think..

I agree.

HollywoodLife @HollywoodLife · 4 h.

Michael Jackson's hologram put on a better show than any living artist at the #BBMAs! #legend http://hollywood.li/QXW3Ll

Wu Tang Clan @WuTangClan · 4 h.

Michael Jackson's Hologram performance at the Billboard Awards was Amazing.
http://wudisciples.blogspot.com/
Bn9oZGsCIAA1k_A.jpg:large

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-standing-ovation-Billboard-Music-Awards.html
Michael Jackson hologram performs Slave To The Rhythm... and gets standing ovation at Billboard Music Awards

So I'm looking at it again and I see where they were going with the face I do get why they were going for the dangerous era but they didn't achieve it Maybe they just needed more time.

Last edited:

this is the best way to watch it, other than being in the arena live of course.. to me it looks around 1996! they could have taken more time but as a starting point, it looked pretty decent! no complaints from me.

So yeah I agree with Zakk I do feel it looked a lot like 96 Michael especially in the close up shots I think in the far away shots it looked more like 93 Michael. Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that! That's how I felt for a while thought I was going nuts !

Last edited:
Anyone knows who is this girl? The TV quickly shows she gets touched by the performance, seen this reaction makes me happy for what they did, even they used an impersonator the tribute was worth.

ip0jCZS.png

That impersonator moves like e Casanova a lot.. I wonder if it's him! As far as imposing MJs face on ithe impersonator the face was for sure super imposed it glitched a few times when changing angles... Not gonna spend time ripping it apart because I very appreciative for the promotion... They don't need to use mj impersonator, just use pre made mj footage of hi dancing even for 10 seconds from a coders and te realism of it will carry very far. The tupac style hologram is still leading the pack because it was tupac

Tupac hologram had Tupac's face but it too was done by an impersonator. That was nearly flawless, but partly what enhanced it was that it interacted with Snoop Dogg etc.

It's not E'Cas, he's even more stiff than this dancer, and he does most moves in the wrong direction, with the exception of the spin. This impersonator kicks with the right leg and poses in the right direction, he just the sidewalk in the wrong direction. A lot of people are slamming the impersonator for the moonwalk, but if you watch carefully, he shuffled faster at that point in sync with the fireworks going POWPOWPOW in the background.

The face was not meant to be viewed from up close. Audience probably can't tell or couldn't care less.

I set my expectations too high I guess, but it was just like watching an impersonator lip synch.

Still, cool idea and looked great

No it wasn't perfect and yes they could have spent more money to try to make it more perfect but at the end of the day there are a million ways of watching the real MJ live in action.
This was always about trying to promote the album and even in just some small way trying to give us a an opportunity to watch MJ perform live again even if no such thing is possible.
Ultimately I am thankful to the estate and everyone involved for the work they put into this.MJ was perfection. That we will never know again.

I believe it was a decent performance. I don't know but it seemed 100% his body , I don't believe there was an impersonator.

Tupac hologram had Tupac's face but it too was done by an impersonator. That was nearly flawless, but partly what enhanced it was that it interacted with Snoop Dogg etc.

It's not E'Cas, he's even more stiff than this dancer, and he does most moves in the wrong direction, with the exception of the spin. This impersonator kicks with the right leg and poses in the right direction, he just the sidewalk in the wrong direction. A lot of people are slamming the impersonator for the moonwalk, but if you watch carefully, he shuffled faster at that point in sync with the fireworks going POWPOWPOW in the background.

The face was not meant to be viewed from up close. Audience probably can't tell or couldn't care less.

Exactly zooming was not a good idea + tupacs mouth was hidden by a microphone and he was singing with his head down (MJ's hologram is much better cause dancers could approach him and the lady in iintro even interacted with it)

So I think what was the most off bout the hologram was the eyes they had no liner Mjs eyes almost always had liner on them! That and I was right bout the chin there was no cleft the lips were too thin as well

Exactly zooming was not a good idea + tupacs mouth was hidden by a microphone and he was singing with his head down (MJ's hologram is much better cause dancers could approach him and the lady in iintro even interacted with it)

no all those dancers were part of the video projection screen. The ones off-stage were real dancers though.

"can't be late can't take too long" -looks decent
"the kids must get to school" - fish lips =/

some attempt to express emotion at "over time" but not a very good job.
"she must be out her minndd!" is overexaggerated expression

the face looked the worst at the end.

Last edited:

I agree after watching it back countless times from far away it looks amazing it's up close that ruins the illusion IMO also the camera people could have used better angles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back