Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think what was the most off bout the hologram was the eyes they had no liner Mjs eyes almost always had liner on them! That and I was right bout the chin there was no cleft the lips were too thin as well

I thought the facial expressions were wrong, and they got the eyes wrong, too.

But it looked close to Michael, which was good.

Michael was also a better dancer.

10303873_778143078873792_4126758159963660247_n.jpg

I guess the main distraction (for most people) is the fact that holo/virtual Michael's face looks nothing like the real Michael.

Of course nothing will ever come close to Michael, that's expecting too much.. when you look at the hologram closer.. it does appear to be closer to his physical structure, many are over thinking this.. but it's a great celebration & tribute to the greatest that will ever live.

I thought the facial expressions were wrong, and they got the eyes wrong, too.

But it looked close to Michael, which was good.

Michael was also a better dancer.
Yeah pretty much agree. Some of the expressions weren't that off but still they could have been better yeah the eyes were off and of course no liner either I'd like to know what they based the face off of and how could they have messed it up so badly but I still think far away looked far better then the close up shots

Wasn't this prerecorded??? If so, why didnt they just superimpose MJ's face to the dancer? Have him wear a green mask with dots and superimpose MJ's face (Using his face cast from Moonwalker). Instead they give us a guy that sorta, kinda doesnt look like MJ

Exactly zooming was not a good idea + tupacs mouth was hidden by a microphone and he was singing with his head down (MJ's hologram is much better cause dancers could approach him and the lady in iintro even interacted with it)

Dude, nobody interacted with anything. The woman, like the rest of the dancers that weren't at the bottom of the stairs, were also a part of the 2-d screen.

I'd love for someone to give us some clarification on all this ie who and what was used I'd love to also know what they based the face off. All of this would make a a lot more sense then

Well I'm off to bed going to analyze this a bit more in the morning night everyone I enjoyed discussing and sharing opinions with all of you

I guess the main distraction (for most people) is the fact that holo/virtual Michael's face looks nothing like the real Michael.

It's a combination of how it didn't look like Michael, or move like Michael. And how low in quality it was when it could've been so much better and not just like watching an impersonator on a screen with Michael's face digitally added to his body.

I'm pretty sure the whole point of a "hologram" is to simulate the actual individual being there. Using an impersonator for about 90% of it, outside of the voice and the face, sort of defeats that purpose, to me. They may as well just bring in impersonators from now on and just have them perform as Michael Jackson. It's literally the same thing.

Ignore them. In the main, it's the same people bitching, over and over again.

If you want to see people's real motives, have a look at some of their posts prior to the performance. Half of them were slagging of L A Reid/Timber(land/lake)/Sony/The Estate/the album/etc, before the awards.

These people are waiting to pounce on the slightest thing.

Looking at the TV news, and media, this morning, this is more great promotion for MJ. I would imagine a good few new fans have been added to his many millions already.

Perhaps the new ones will come without all the baggage that some on here carry around. I do hope so.

Strange. I don't see none of those people being the "main" ones who just have a different opinion than you in regards to this "performance". Nobody denied it was great promotion for the album. Yet great promotion still doesn't equate to this being the greatest thing in the world, absent of flaws. No, that just isn't the case.

Of course nothing will ever come close to Michael, that's expecting too much.. when you look at the hologram closer.. it does appear to be closer to his physical structure, many are over thinking this.. but it's a great celebration & tribute to the greatest that will ever live.

Well said, and where were you? ^_^ I was expecting you to be one of the first people to comment on the entire situation.

Please read ALL of this - before replying . So you know what you are addressing. Thanks.

I sent a message to the Estate with my honest review telling them the CGI image didn't look as much like MJ as I expected and needs improved to look and move more like Michael but the over all production was very beautiful and simply Amazing to watch.

I think what happened on the BBA stage is Amazing. This is new and ground breaking. I agree the CGI Image could look more like MJ but regardless we can't ignore how amazing that performance looked. Also it appears the image looks more like MJ when watching it live than watching it on a TV screen where you can see the imperfections. This isnt actually made for the Screen but for a live audience. I just dont get all the hate. I grow weary over it and find it unwarranted in many cases. Sure they can improve the image to look and move more like MJ but over all this was beautiful and amazing production. Nothing like this has been done before. The audience was mesmerized laughing crying and loved it. I smh at anyone who actually thought they would see a real MJ image dancing on that stage. That is impossible. He is not here to create that image

I admit The media OVER hyped this for sure. but that doesn't mean this wasn't remarkable. Also LA Reid made NO statement of having footage for this virtual Michael. Some one else mis-stated that. Also Christopher Gaspar did not say he was the model for the CGI Image. someone mistranslated that. I also wish it looked and danced more like MJ and I'm sure it will as the technology improves. But Please look at the BIG picture and how beautiful and Amazing this whole production looked on stage. It was a virtual animated MJ not MJ ... The BBA audience went crazy. This is not going to harm MJ or his legacy in any way. IMO

That was not MJs face attached to a impersonator's body like some ppl have claimed....
Look at compare lol

10371594_10202111986617354_3181671873020711955_n.jpg

10371918_10103692272039131_6689036533295659539_n.jpg
It is MJ's face, the features appear to have been taken from the Black or White music video. Christopher Gaspar doesn't look like this. The problem is rendering MJ's face onto the dancer's face, which explains why the lips look smaller etc. They could have tracked MJ's face shape somehow (like they did for Marlon Brando) which would have made the face a lot more accurate.

This isn't "new or groundbreaking", that's factually incorrect. So is saying, "It's never been done before". Because it has. This is literally the SAME EXACT THING as the Tupac hologram, the only thing new, is that it was displayed on live television and in front of a live audience at an Award show, that's it. And that in itself isn't exactly earth shattering stuff, it's just like moving the Tupac hologram from an outdoors venue, to an in-door setting.

I don't get it, why are people so offended by the fact that many think this was crap. Should we just praise something that we think could've been handled better simply because the public likes it? That makes no sense to me.

I think the hologram was good. Could've been better, but only hardcore nutjobs like us are going to notice these minor details. Joe Public laps up this kind of stuff and it will serve brilliantly in shifting extra copies of Xscape, which is all this is really about at the end of the day.

Now if they were doing a proper concert show based on a hologram MJ, I would expect more attention to detail. But for a one-off promotional performance, it more than does the job.

Now that I watched maybe 10 times I actually do enjoy yes the face needs improvements as well as the dancing a lot smoother and different moves but overall it was beautiful my family enjoyed it and actually thought it looked like him. They are casual fans. Would like to see the response of the estate and if there are any future plans for it.

This seems to be such a 'slippery slope' that the Estate are standing on. I love that Michael is getting so much great publicity for this album, and I love that the Estate have gone to such tremendous efforts to promote the album. However, at the bottom of the slope is a dancer pretending to be MJ dancing to a version of a song that MJ never heard ..and the 'general public' thinking this was how MJ was....and he was so much better than this.

The hologram performance made me cry. Not because I hated it, but because it reminded me so acutely that nothing can replace Michael.

Now that I watched maybe 10 times I actually do enjoy yes the face needs improvements as well as the dancing a lot smoother and different moves but overall it was beautiful my family enjoyed it and actually thought it looked like him. They are casual fans. Would like to see the response of the estate and if there are any future plans for it.

Lol did you just say an impersonator danced smoother than Michael Jackson? Comedy.

I think if they can enhance this technology in the future and bring an actual performance of MJ 'live' on stage (Motown25 or BAD tour) then that would be amazing - I hope that can happen in the future and what we saw last night is just stepping stones in achieving that.

It is just coincidence?

90% of those complaining on here seem to never visit positive threads - such as 'XSCAPE REACHES #1 IN THE UK ALBUM CHARTS' - to say "well done!", "great job", etc. Why is that I wonder?

Also, does anyone notice the traffic go up on this site, when there are new things that some feel they can complain about?

Are all MJ forums like this? It's all very odd.

The hologram wasn't very good. I don't say it was horrible but it didn't look like Michael. Some parts were awesome though.

It is just coincidence?

90% of those complaining on here seem to never visit positive threads - such as 'XSCAPE REACHES #1 IN THE UK ALBUM CHARTS' - to say "well done!", "great job", etc. Why is that I wonder?

Also, does anyone notice the traffic go up on this site, when there are new things that some feel they can complain about?

Are all MJ forums like this? It's all very odd.

No.
It's because it SUCKED big times.
I'm quiet a positive man, but this isn't the way they need to go
Just show us some decent hologram and that's fine, or else they hire a MJ impersonator.
Same act, same experience, less expectation.

Last edited:
I have to admit that the hype didn’t help in this case at all … I think it was the most of the problem for me – I expected too much.

But after all, I can only imagine how much hard work was done to create this performance!!!

Some things need a lot of improvement no doubts, but I’m happy that the Estate is trying to make “giant” efforts to entertain without a fear being “crucified” by fans!!!

They need to go on working this way to get perfection, IMHO!!!

Maybe the problem IS that it was made not for the Screen but for a live audience?!

WE NEED MORE DETAILES on that.

I would say do not "kill" the new achievement in the History just because we were not in the audience to have better experience.
The production is really nice and I like the Sun like image of Visual Michael.

Honestly, there was no need for the hologram and they could have just used the impersonator to perform live. Didn't look amazingly like him in the first place and the dancing was way out of time.

L.T.D;4009042 said:
Honestly, there was no need for the hologram and they could have just used the impersonator to perform live. Didn't look amazingly like him in the first place and the dancing was way out of time.

But they did spend time, work and money to create it! They just need to improve it and give us more details …

Of course it's an impersonator. Michael Jackson didn't wake up from a 5 year death and dance on live TV.

Sorry to put it that bluntly, but honestly! Be happy with what we have.

Of course it's an impersonator. Michael Jackson didn't wake up from a 5 year death and dance on live TV.

Sorry to put it that bluntly, but honestly! Be happy with what we have.

It is possible to create a super realistic Michael Jackson full CGI model...........we can also track his movements from Archive footage to give you the most technologically advanced and most screen acurate Michael Jackson EVER.

But...........we used an Impersonator with a shit CGI face.......okay?

Masses of people nod yes :D

If you loved this, you should take a visit to Vegas and see one of the MJ impersonators. You'll probably pee your pants with glee.

Seriously, the estate should never try anything like this ever again. This was basically like the visual version of the Cascio tracks to me. Nowhere near as bad or disrespectful, but not worlds away.

Oh, and I'm not a "hater". I love the actual real Michael Jackson as much as anyone here. And I've bought 3 copies of Xscape so far so anybody speaking that "negative, usual suspects" crap can kiss my you know what. I think for myself and I'm not afraid to express my true opinion. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back