Michael Jackson’s Halloween - New animated special coming this fall

That was me! :clap:

Currently my wife is listening to the Jackson's and MJ album in chronological order (like me she has a bit of OCD about things like that), and is adding loads of tracks to her playlists.

One new Jacksons/MJ devote just from playing SCREAM in my car. (y)

I remembered your post when I read that comment from the estate lol

Yes a new MJ fan:scream:

Congratulations Guys (y)

Sarah H. - UK
Maria Amelia M.- Brazil
Wendy C.- Canada
Alessia A. - France
Giul S., - Italy

Is there going to be a permanent Michael Jackson museum?

We do hope that there will be a Michael Jackson Museum. We have and will continue to explore that possibility. We are also researching the possibility that the Hayvenhurst property could be opened for limited public tours and we are optimistic about this possibility. While this is not imminent, it is something we would like to accomplish.

I would love to see this happen it is really needed for the fans. Good questions on the page.

It's a deal with CBS, isn't it?

I doubt it will be shown elsewhere, at least just yet, on rival channels. Why would they?

You're probably right, but IF it did air it could air on another channel owned by the same company which is a handful.. My personal guess it will be only on CBS until released on a stream or DVD release.. Only reason to do none CBS airing would be for countries/areas that don't get CBS but get another under the Viacom umbrella.

My tv guide app has the show listed but with no details other than a title and the promo picture and link up trailer. I don't know if that means it will be shown in the uk or not. It could be a promising sign though.

I found out that it’ll play simultaneously on Global in Canada.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Say hello to the characters of Michael Jacksons Halloween <a href="https://t.co/s1c2t7dn7G">https://t.co/s1c2t7dn7G</a></p>&mdash; Ivy (@Ivy_4MJ) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ivy_4MJ/status/921831912620154880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">21. Oktober 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

by Habibi
Michael Jackson was always planing to do a Halloween special with CBS.
So I guess the Estate are honoring one of his wishes

f60d6cfe5155d38fe26de9a9f5258f1c.jpg

UrhDYIg.jpg

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=140466

I was surprised that so many people who are badmouthing the "cartoon" did not remember this note.
MJ's intention was to reintroduce Ghosts to the world though, which they still could have done. Let's hope they do in the future.

PoP;4209687 said:
I found out that it&#8217;ll play simultaneously on Global in Canada.

Good to know. I'll be watching then. Loved the shot of Dangerous in the trailer.

The main thing about this project * Thriller3d, and special animation* is that the estate is fulfilling Michaels wishes as before he passed :( , he was going to make this special he had it on a hand written note.

Dam I miss his presence and aura.
My thing is it took them 8years though!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Can anyone confirm if he or she is planning to record the show and share here with community who cannot access CBS ?

That would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks !

MJ's Halloween will be shown in Ireland on 29th October at 5:05pm!

(RTE2 and RTE 2 HD - duration is listed as 55 minutes)

Its saying the big bang theory on my tivo for this time and date!

DMd_7k7XUAIh9Eh.jpg

Haus of Jackson? @HausofJackson
Calling all #Moonwalkers to spread the word and promote the Halloween Special! Let us show the younger generation what they are missing.

I'd post it but the website is censored here. D.amien S.hields wrote an article about MJ's planned Halloween special a few years ago that included that info, you can still find it on his website.

The plan was to air Ghosts, along with footage of Thriller/Threatened sourced from the TII concerts.

I'd post it but the website is censored here. D.amien S.hields wrote an article about MJ's planned Halloween special a few years ago that included that info, you can still find it on his website.

The plan was to air Ghosts, along with footage of Thriller/Threatened sourced from the TII concerts.
Way better than what were getting

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

D.amien S.hields wrote an article about MJ's planned Halloween special a few years ago that included that info, you can still find it on his website.

I wouldn't trust people like Damien Shields or Shana Mangatal who create so many rumors to attract attention to their personalities whose ultimate goal is to sell their books.

I wouldn't trust people like Damien Shields or Shana Mangatal who create so many rumors to attract attention to their personalities whose ultimate goal is to sell their books.
I haven't followed the Shana business too much, but Damien, creating rumors? What do you base that on? It is a fact that he has had extensive interviews with many of MJ's former collaborators. What makes you not trust him?

I hope I'll be able to see the Halloween special soon.

<header class="container article-header" data-reactid="169" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 40px auto 0px; max-width: 700px; min-width: 0px; text-align: center; padding: 0px 65px; width: 742px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; font-size: medium;">[h=1]The Strange, Spooky Story Behind Michael Jackson&#8217;s Halloween[/h]The bonkers animated special, which features both Jim Parsons and &#8220;Thriller,&#8221; is a tribute to the King of Pop&#8217;s love for all things scary.
<label class="contributors__label" data-reactid="181" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: 0px; margin-right: 2px; text-transform: none;">by </label>

<time class="component-issue-date publish-date" datetime="October 24, 2017 8:00 am" data-reactid="185" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(199, 199, 199); display: inline-block; font-family: VFSans, Helvetica; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: 2px; margin: 10px 0px; text-transform: uppercase; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal;">OCTOBER 24, 2017 8:00 AM</time>

</header>
<iframe height="360" width="640" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5uJrLmSvXMU" allowfullscreen="" allowtransparency="true" style="box-sizing: border-box; border-width: initial; border-style: none; display: block; max-width: 100%;"></iframe>

There&#8217;s something spooky going on at CBS. Last Wednesday, the network released a trailer that quickly went viral. It was for an animated project titled Michael Jackson&#8217;s Halloween, a one-hour TV special about two kids who stumble upon a magical adventure at a mysterious hotel set to Jackson&#8217;s music; it features a voice cast that includes actors Kiersey Clemons,Christine Baranski, Lucy Liu, Alan Cumming, George Eads, Brad Garrett, Lucas Till, and Old Sheldon himself, Jim Parsons (who plays a Jack Skellington-esque spookmeister named Hay Man, dressed in M.J.&#8217;s signature military aesthetic). Here&#8217;s how CBS describes the plot:
&#8220;The special follows millennials Vincent (Lucas Till) and Victoria (Kiersey Clemons), who meet &#8216;accidentally&#8217; on Halloween night and find themselves, along with Ichabod the dog, at a mysterious hotel located at 777 Jackson Street called This Place Hotel. Once inside, Vincent and Victoria are sent on an unexpected, magical adventure of personal discovery, culminating in a spectacular dance finale featuring an animated Michael Jackson.&#8221;
How did this animated Frankenspecial come together? Well, it was created by Optimum Productions&#8212;a company owned by Jackson&#8217;s estate&#8212;and is produced by John Branca and John McClain, two executors of that estate. According to Branca and director Mark A.Z. Dippé, the special was born a year and a half ago, when Dippé&#8217;s team began dreaming up an animated project for the estate.
&#8220;The notion of doing something for Halloween was an easy and natural one because of Michael&#8217;s love of it,&#8221; Branca tells Vanity Fair. &#8220;And every October, &#8216;Thriller&#8217; goes back to the top of the charts, so we wanted to take the next step and create something fun for families.&#8221;

Jackson was fond of scary, fantastical live-action projects (&#8220;Thriller,&#8221; &#8220;Ghosts,&#8221; &#8220;Captain EO&#8221;) and had wanted to make an animated project in his later years, according to Branca, who worked with the singer for over two decades. Ultimately, Michael Jackson&#8217;s Halloween got the green light thanks to the characters Dippé&#8217;s team created&#8212;particularly a spider voiced by Cumming, which reminded him of a spider prop that Jackson once used in live shows. He also found the Hay Man to be &#8220;a stroke of genius.&#8221;

The show was inspired by the spirit of various Charlie Brown specials, like It&#8217;s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. &#8220;You see those every year, for 20 years,&#8221; Branca said. Though there are currently no plans to roll out more seasonal Jackson specials, the estate has not &#8220;decided anything&#8221; just yet.
Dippé says the animation shares &#8220;a certain relationship&#8221; with films like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton&#8217;s idiosyncratic holiday classic, though Jackson&#8217;s Halloween doesn&#8217;t have quite the same timeless aesthetic. When he began plotting the project, Dippé decided to use 3D animation, tapping some of Jackson&#8217;s former choreographers and dancers for the film&#8217;s motion capture, in order &#8220;to bring Michael&#8217;s dancing to life in a very rich and deserving way.&#8221; The special also features a dance sequence performed by an animated version of Jackson himself&#8212;though Dippé and Branca emphasize that this is not an exact replica of the singer. &#8220;It&#8217;s a stylized representation of Michael,&#8221; Dippé says. &#8220;It&#8217;s not meant to be a photographic, accurate depiction of him, but rather this magic, stylized version of him.&#8221;
The duo worked with CBS to fill out the film&#8217;s cast, which is why you&#8217;ll notice familiar network voices in the mix&#8212;including those of Parsons, Baranski (The Good Fight), and Liu (Elementary). Though the special doesn&#8217;t include any black male actors in the core cast&#8212;despite its inspiration&#8212;Dippé and Branca point toward the film&#8217;s inclusive behind-the-scenes team, particularly its choreographers and musical director Kevin Antunes. (Antunes also designed the Jackson-themed Cirque du Soleil productions, Michael Jackson: One and the Immortal World Tour.) In addition, they say casting ultimately came down to scheduling: &#8220;We actually went to people like L.L. Cool J,&#8221; who stars in the network&#8217;s NCIS: Los Angeles, Branca said. &#8220;It just was a matter of who was available.&#8221;
The special will weave together 25 songs from Jackson&#8217;s catalogue, including spookier fare like &#8220;Thriller&#8221; and &#8220;Blood on the Dance Floor,&#8221; slightly deeper cuts like &#8220;Childhood,&#8221; and peripheral hits like Rockwell&#8217;s &#8220;Somebody&#8217;s Watching Me&#8221; and the Jacksons&#8217;s &#8220;Torture.&#8221; For the millions bound to watch Michael Jackson&#8217;s Halloween when it airs October 27, Branca has one main piece of advice: &#8220;Turn it up loud.&#8221;

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/michael-jacksons-halloween-special

Back