Michael Jackson's last home bought by Ed Hardy designer (Christian Audigier)

MsMo

Proud Member
UPDATE:

The Houston Chronicle has CHANGED the article from Neverland to:

Michael Jackson's home bought by Ed Hardy designer

Michael Jackson's last home has been bought by French designer Christian Audiger - who plans to open the Los Angeles mansion up to the public on every anniversary of the King of Pop's death.

The fashion guru behind the Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier clothing lines was Jackson's landlord during the final months of his life - he co-owns the Holmby Hills, Los Angeles mansion where the Thriller hitmaker died on June 25.

In an interview with Agence France-Presse, he said, "I bought the Michael Jackson house. It's something I'm gonna open just for the birthday (sic) of his death every June, where the media is gonna be able to come in and we'll do exposes, etc."

Audigier has also reportedly splashed out $14.5 million on Nicolas Cage's Bel Air home in the past week.

Cage's mansion, which was once home to both Dean Martin and Tom Jones, has been on the market since 2007.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/6601417.html

UPDATE: Confusion over Michael's homes -

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2181032&postcount=35

UPDATE
:Apparent Confusion Over Michael Jackson Properties Fuels Rumors of Santa Ynez Valley Compound’s Sale

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2178659&postcount=29

Michael Jackson's sprawling Neverland Ranch has been bought by French designer Christian Audigier

Sept. 3, 2009, 4:44PM

Michael Jackson's sprawling Neverland Ranch has been bought by French designer Christian Audigier - who plans to open it up to the public on every anniversary of the King of Pop's death.

The fashion guru behind the Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier clothing lines was Jackson's landlord during the final months of his life - he co-owns the Holmby Hills, Los Angeles mansion where the Thriller hitmaker died on June 25.

Audigier is turning that property into his company's headquarters, but he has other plans for Neverland and wants to turn it into a haven for fans of the King of Pop.

The sum paid for the Santa Barbara, California estate - which is reportedly worth an estimated $90 million - is unknown, but Audigier claims the deal has been finalized and he will receive the keys later this month.

In an interview with Agence France-Presse, he said, "I bought the Michael Jackson house. It's something I'm gonna open just for the birthday (sic) of his death every June, where the media is gonna be able to come in and we'll do exposes, etc."

Audigier has also reportedly splashed out $14.5 million on Nicolas Cage's Bel Air home in the past week.

Cage's mansion, which was once home to both Dean Martin and Tom Jones, has been on the market since 2007.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/6601417.html

http://www.cbs47.tv/entertainment/s...everland-purchase/6V6Vqq8Hc0ixBUwmeEVmEQ.cspx

http://www.abc2news.com/entertainme...everland-purchase/6V6Vqq8Hc0ixBUwmeEVmEQ.cspx

http://www.wenn.com/archives/10141

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/audigier-finalises-neverland-purchase_1114961

http://content.usatoday.com/topics/...ompanies/Gallup/06M77i2cRtdSD/02HQgZifk9cxM/4

Last edited:
Re: Neverland Ranch bought by Ed Hardy designer???

WTF????

for real..................?

never heard of chron.com so wouldn't believe this until further confirmation.

never heard of chron.com so wouldn't believe this until further confirmation.

chron.com = The Houston Chronicle

Actually nevermind....

I hope this ish ain't true, if true then this douche only plans to buy the house, so he can make money off of it knowing how desperate the fans are.

Last edited:

Interesting...What does he mean by "exposes, etc."? *sigh* I'm not sure if I like having the media come in yearly.

A few weeks ago I had heard that Christian Audigier had been living in the Holmby Hills mansion recently. Don't know if it's true or not and when he moved in. . .

I don't know how ANYONE can live in a house where Michael died?!!??!?!??! Esp one of Michael's friends.

Sorry, but I truly feel like that Holmby Hills mansion should be demolished. That is, after Michael's death has finally been solved.

Also, that article sounded like Audigier was collecting the mansions of Lisa Marie's ex-husbands. LOL. . . Totally weird, IMO.

Last edited:

If this is true, I wonder if he ever talked to Michael about the possibility of doing this? Since they were supposed to be friends, just makes me wonder if they ever talked about it, or if he just decided to do it on his own?

I read the comment under that chron.com article, someone there said he actully bought the Holmby Hills mansion, not the Neverland Ranch.

No way, i would hate this, the house should be turned into a museum like graceland and Michael should be left to rest there eventually.

According to the article, Christian already co-owns the Holmby Hills mansion and did while Michael lived there.

Re: Neverland Ranch bought by Ed Hardy designer??? (Christian Audiger)

All I'm seeing is:
'I heard this...'
'I heard that...'

I'm guessing these are all rumors.

No......no true..

Colonial capital owns half of neverland and the other half is the jackson family..............

It is true that christian audigier is moving into the holmby house where michael died, we can definitely put houston chronicle into the tabloid section... Don't believe that... Pure lie.

I dont believe a word of this bullshit. Tabloid junk..

When I see it in Writing I will believe it.

Re: Neverland Ranch bought by Ed Hardy designer

I just read this.. is it true??

Re: Neverland Ranch bought by Ed Hardy designer

ok I just read this under the article.. Audigier didn't buy Michael Jackson's NEVERLAND RANCH. He bought the Hombly Hills Mansion that Michael was renting when Michael died. The home that Audigier moved into just a few weeks after Jackson died.

The sum paid for the Santa Barbara, California estate - which is reportedly worth an estimated $90 million

??? If Christian wanted to buy it, he could have done it earlier. And if MJ did not want to sell it, I don't see the point to sell it now.

Christian himself said many weeks ago that he bought Hombly Hills.

Not true I hope.

they are talking about the B.hills house not neverland. thread title sholud be changed

When I opened the thread I look it up first and nothing appeared, that's why I posted it on a new thread

Now that I tried to follow the link of the thread I opened it was gone, I looked again as I did yesterday before posting and this thread appeared.

i think this is brilliant news to be honest. better that it be in the hands of a friend then some evil scum

This doesn't set well with me. :angry:

Maybe Humble Hills, but not Neverland.

Ummm..."no comment" doesn't mean they they don't know of it :doh: anyways...

:scratch:Seems to me that they would have just said, "no, it's not true."

It's gonna be funny IF it turns out to be true.

Neverland Rumored to Be Sold to Fashion Designer

Apparent Confusion Over Michael Jackson Properties Fuels Rumors of Santa Ynez Valley Compound’s Sale​

Has Michael Jackson’s Santa Ynez Valley compound known around the world as the Neverland Ranch been sold to a French fashion designer?

Probably not, as neither the property’s owners nor the County of Santa Barbara seems to know of the sale, which was reported this morning, September 4, in the Houston Chronicle’s condensed reprint of a Agence France-Press article about Ed Hardy clothing line designer Christian Audigier. The rumor has since exploded on the Internet, but it seems to be rooted in confusion over Audigier’s Holmby Hills mansion, where the pop singer died on June 25.

In the Chronicle article, Audigier said he wants to turn Neverland into a haven for Jackson fans, opening it up every year on the anniversary of the singer’s death. In that report, he claims the deal is finalized and that he will receive the keys in two weeks. But the only AFP report currently available on the Internet about Audigier (see that one here reports the same news about the Holmby Hills mansion in the Beverly Hills area of Los Angeles, specifically that he will get the keys in two weeks and that he hopes to open it up on the anniversary of Jackson’s death. As such, it seems that confusion over Jackson’s various properties might be fueling this rumor.

According to a representative with the County of Santa Barbara recorder’s office, “As of yet, we haven’t recorded any documents [related to the sale of Neverland]. Nothing has been confirmed.” There was similar uncertainty coming from representatives for Neverland’s current owner Tom Barrack and his company Colony Capital. Though Caroline Luz, of Owen Blicksilver Public Relations, which represents the company, officially issued a “no comment,” it seemed pretty clear that no on had told them about any pending sale of the property, which is supposedly valued at $90 million or so.

In the meantime, the blogosphere has jumped on the Houston Chronicle report with glee, with nearly 40 outlets spreading the rumor widely.

http://www.independent.com/news/2009/sep/04/neverland-rumored-be-sold-fashion-designer/

Back