Michael Jackson's son Prince to Appear at charity event in Germany?

Does this show air cause I'm just confused cause I saw something online that says tomorrow at 1:15pm PST on some German sites they will be airing something with the words Bambi and for the kids or something along those lines. Sorry dunno full German my dad knows a bit so he could only make out a bit of what it said.
kristinaz, do you know what websites you got that info from?

I feel sorry for this boy, he says he wats to change the world like Michael did, yet he's surrounded by crooks only. He wants to change the world yet he isn't even aware of his own situation SMDH :(

His heart is in the right place though so may God be with him.

he was just on. he signed KJ's book and presented it along two hand written songs. i could not hear exactly what he said but he recalled when he was in berline with daddy Michael and how proud MJ was to get the award. they ended the show with WATW

Prince carried himself very well in that interview. He is a great ambassador for his father :)
He explained what the Bambi award went to Michael when he recieved it and also presented
His Grandmas signed book which he also signed on the spot and then The hand written lyrics
of BAD and Billei Jean which were displayed in frames with pictures . Then the children came
out on stage and sang "We are the world" m very proud.

Prince carried himself very well in that interview. He is a great ambassador for his father :)
He explained what the Bambi award went to Michael when he recieved it and also presented
His Grandmas signed book which he also signed on the spot and then The hand written lyrics
of BAD and Billei Jean which were displayed in frames with pictures . Then the children came
out on stage and sang "We are the world" m very proud.

And also the lyrics from Smooth Criminal

cute story of him recalling how he wanted to play with the shiny award when Michael got it and brought it back to the hotel, but Mike wouldn't let him as it was important to him.
He also said that it only takes one voice to make a change and that his dad raised his voice thru his songs,
he said he loved berlin and that he could remember bits of it when he was there with his dad, he would've loved to go sight seeing etc but said he doesn't have the time to. he said germany was a great country and that he liked being berlin.

all in all he carried himself very well. u could hardly guess he's just 14 from the way he carried himself.
well done prince, but my sentiments on this still won't change.

MsCassieMollie;3491623 said:
Prince @ the BAMBI awards

<IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zPkOmTJ1l-0" frameBorder=0 width=560 height=315 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Prince Michael Jackson Steps Out in Berlin to Help Kids

By Karen Nickel Anhalt
<ABBR class=published title=2011-09-24T18:00:00Z>Saturday September 24, 2011 06:00 PM EDT</ABBR>
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20531654,00.html
<!-- start toutImageHTML -->
prince-jackson-300.jpg
Prince Michael Jackson

Looking very much like his father's son in a black suit, red shirt and red armband, Prince Michael Jackson, 14, took center stage at the Tribute to Bambi charity event in Berlin on Friday night.

The King of Pop's son presented three handwritten manuscripts for some of his dad's biggest hits: "Bad," "Billie Jean," and "Smooth Criminal," which are now up for auction for a good cause.

"With everything I do, I try to build on what my father did. I also try to help and change things – just like he did," a poised Jacksin, 14, told the audience of 800. <!-- jump -->

Bidding goes until Nov. 10 at
United Charity. Four hours after the auction opened, the manuscript for "Bad" was already at $20,400. Proceeds will go to charities benefiting disadvantaged children.

Prince Michael is "an incredibly polite, well-raised young man," a partygoer tells PEOPLE. "I think we can expect to hear more from him."

At the end of the evening, a choir of 30 children sang his father's hit song, "We Are the World," moving some in the audience to tears.

After his moment in the spotlight, Prince Michael showed that he was a regular kid, despite his famous father.
"I wish I could stay longer to see the sights," he told reporters. "But I have to get back for school."

Someone translated Prince's interview:
It was hard to hear what he was saying, someone translated into English.
Host: Please welcome Prince Michael Jackson! (...) Great to have you here! Good to see you have arrived here safely. Have you had the chance to get a first impression oft he city yet?

Prince: I flew over Berlin and I wish I could stay longer here to see the sights.
I remember visiting Berlin/Germany in 2002 with my dad. I love Berlin. Germany is a great country. But unfortunately I won't have a enough time to do some sightseeing.

Host: Maybe next time. You have been to Germany before with your dad. Do you remember any of that?

Prince: I remember that when he got the award he brought it in and I always wanted to play with it because it was such a shiny little deer. But he didn't allow me to because it was a very important award for him and he valued it a lot as it was a recognition of his charity work.

Host: You father had an immensly big heart and was known for his great charity work.

Prince: It just takes one voice to change the world. My dad raised his voice through his music, through songs like &#8222;Change the world" or &#8222;Heal the world". Songs that made people care for our planet.

Host: That's right. We are so honored that you are here tonight and support our charity. And you brought something with you , something very special.

Prince: I brought this book which was written by my Grandma, who also signed it. And I will also sign it now. And we brought the handwritten lyrics of my dad's songs &#8222;Bad", &#8222;Smooth Criminal" and &#8222;Billie Jean".

Host: Wow! That's incredible! These are the original , handwritten lyrics by Michael Jackson fort he songs &#8222;Bad", &#8222;Smooth Criminal" and &#8222;Billie Jean"! I think that in the very moment when the idea fort he song came into his mind he put it down, right there, on the paper. That's really incredible! Thank you!

Prince: It's a pleasure!

Host: Dear ladies and gentleman, you can aution these and various other items on our website. (...) Now we have something very special. A small surprise. (...) In remembrance of your father we will welcome 30 young and probably very nervous kids from the Berlin children's choir (...) who will perfom &#8222;We Are The World"!

MsCassieMollie;3491623 said:
Prince @ the BAMBI awards

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zPkOmTJ1l-0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I quickly translated what the hosts said.

Hosts:
And today, in a way, things come full circle- on the 10th anniversary, 9 years later. [of Michael's visit to Berlin].

That's correct. 9 years ago we were visited by an absolute superstar- Michael Jackson.

Nobody really believed he'd actually come- but he was he like the Bambi tribute so much, that he actually came to visit us in Berlin. And I still remember it so well- were were in a little club, he wore glasses- wore glasses for the first time in public. And he was auctioning off his silver jacket- a real show piece- that was a really big deal for us big then, very charming man. And today we are being visited by his son- Prince Michael.

He's really here to continue to continue this particular tradition by his dad.

He traveled all the way from Los Angeles to Berlin- please welcome Prince Michael Jackson!

INTERVIEW WITH PRINCE. [I took that from the transcript that was in the video- not my translation]

Host: Please welcome Prince Michael Jackson! (...) Great to have you here! Good to see you have arrived here safely. Have you had the chance to get a first impression oft he city yet?

Prince: I flew over Berlin and I wish I could stay longer here to see the sights.
I remember visiting Berlin/Germany in 2002 with my dad. I love Berlin. Germany is a great country. But unfortunately I won't have a enough time to do some sightseeing.

Host: Maybe next time. You have been to Germany before with your dad. Do you remember any of that?

Prince: I remember that when he got the award he brought it in and I always wanted to play with it because it was such a shiny little deer. But he didn't allow me to because it was a very important award for him and he valued it a lot as it was a recognition of his charity work.

Host: You father had an immensly big heart and was known for his great charity work.

Prince: It just takes one voice to change the world. My dad raised his voice through his music, through songs like „Change the world" or „Heal the world". Songs that made people care for our planet.

Host: That's right. We are so honored that you are here tonight and support our charity. And you brought something with you , something very special.

Prince: I brought this book which was written by my Grandma, who also signed it. And I will also sign it now. And we brought the handwritten lyrics of my dad's songs „Bad", „Smooth Criminal" and „Billie Jean".

Host: Wow! That's incredible! These are the original , handwritten lyrics by Michael Jackson fort he songs „Bad", „Smooth Criminal" and „Billie Jean"! I think that in the very moment when the idea fort he song came into his mind he put it down, right there, on the paper. That's really incredible! Thank you!

Prince: It's a pleasure!

Hosts: Dear viewers, this and the other gifts you can bid on- you can bid on these items until November 10th, up until the actual Bambi Awards. So, no worries, this is not grounds for war in the computer room- you have a lot of time to bid. Just make sure you participate so that we can raise some monies here!

And now we have a little surprise for you- and I can tell it's getting a bit unruly backstage there- in memory of your dad we're gonna have 30, probably fairly nervous choir members of the Berliner children's choir "Canzonetta"- directed by Jochen Withur. (spelling?) and they'll sing- for you at home- and us here in the studio- We Are The World.

Choir sings.

Host: Dear viewers, thank you for your support and your donations, you are in fact helping children in need to live a more beautiful life and maybe even ease their lives a bit. This was the Bambi Children's Gala 2011 and we'd love to see you next year as well.

And with this we hope you have a great weekend and we wish you a good night!

Wow.. Prince is very impressive to be only 14 years old.. MJ did an exceptional job.. God Bless you Mike and keep looking over your kids.

Just like someone said from a different MJ forum:

November 10th Prince is going back to Berlin for the auction

November 9th is when Dieter releases his book about Michael in Germany

If he uses Prince like this and backtalks MJ or his kids in the book at the same time......

:wtf:

Really? :unsure: Oh God... :no:

but if you're thinking of the photo earlier in the thread with mann holding the photo book Mrs J brought out, I'm pretty sure it was just a random photo posted to show that the book Prince was promoting was the one Mann produced.

Exactly! It was I who posted the picture. :blushing: :fear:

Last edited:
I wish people would be more positive.
Prince Michael most likely had a wonderful time while he was doing his good works.:cheeky:

I dont like that dieter is around prince at all and i feel the estate shoud warn mrs j

Michael deserves a lot of credit with how Prince handles himself. He learned from him. I thought the contract binding the kids to Mann for life wasn't legal? When the kids are adults do they have to work with these people? I worry for them.

i'm so proud of Prince. when he made that speech at the grammy's and he said 'i promise to continue my father's work' or whatever i wondered how he would do it and how long it would take. i can see that he truly means every word he says and its so beautiful to see his dedication to his beautiful father. mj must be so proud

I must say I am very impressed with how Prince handled himself in that situation, its like he's already a pro at this type of thing. People can continue to say what they wanna say about Michael Jackson, but it is very evident through his kids right now that he was one heck of a parent and he raised those children with many qualities and one of the most important ones is humility.

Prince did his dad proud. God bless them.

Guys we have to be careful not to belittle the children in their efforts to honor their father. It is one thing to talk about the crooks who are hanging around the children and the adults who exploit them, but do not apply the same caustic remarks to the children.

Back