Michael Jackson’s Vanity Fair Cover voted the Best in magazines 100 yr History

Re: VOTE for Michael Jackson Cover - 100 Years of Vanity Fair

I can't vote either but the numbers aren't changing anymore. Michael still has 46275 and Robert 45480, I wonder if their vote system or the page crashed.

If someone with twitter account could ask via twitter if they are trying to cheat us:)

VANITY FAIR ?@VanityFair twitter account

Hooray, #1 at last! But for some reason I can't vote anymore, it keeps saying "an error processing your vote". :(

Edit: Some people must be able to, though, since I still see MJ's numbers going up.

Ok seems the error is coming IE browser and IE cookies are not tallying votes correct.
Use chrome browser - tally for MJ votes is also higher on page from chrome browser
(Thats why i believe it may be an issue with Internet Explorer browser.)

Please do not cause more drama for fans by being disrespectful. We don't need any more more articles bashing fans for that. Lets do this with integrity for Michael so we have something to celebrate. We are at #One. So lets just wait and see if this is a glitch. If it continues with no resolve then we should contact them to ask what the problem is. We should come out with integrity for this contest not as being bullies. We don't need or want that reputation. MJ Fans representing Michael should have integrity for MJ's sake.

I use Chrome but it still don't let me vote anymore

^^ What is the message ? I get a message you can not vote any more today. and that is the correct message.
I am not getting an error message on Chrome. I only get the error on IE browser

Remember We are only allowed ONE vote per day - now some fans seem to get around that BUt I have also gotten the message they are checking my vote for authenticity when I try to vote from multiple browsers. meaning they can check our IP and remove multiple votes to make sure no one is abusing the voting system.

I can't vote on chrome, IE or firefox. When I press vote, nothing happens. No thanks for voting, no voted, etc. and my vote is not added. If I wait awhile, sometimes a message will load saying "error processing your vote".

I haven't been able to vote today either.

The voting isn't working for me either...

I love how MJ didn't even need his name on the cover. It was just him and some titles about what was inside. Such an iconic pose =)

I just tried to vote and got the "An error occurred processing your vote" message.

I just tried to vote and got the "An error occurred processing your vote" message.

I'm using IE and it worked again for me just now, after previously showing the error message for an hour or so (I hadn't 'used' today's vote, but was still getting an error message, until a few minutes ago)

I have tried to vote 3 times in the last 30 mins but wont let me vote. Is this some kind of fix? will try again later.

I have voted a few minutes ago and for me it works.

Yes the votes are still going up.

1989-12-michael-jackson_250.jpg

December 1989

46633 VOTES

Use Chrome for best results - IE explorer and firefox is getting errors for some

I can't vote - I use FF. And I haven't voted today.:bored2:

Yeah I just waited my full day and went to Vote for MJ and it won't let me vote either it just won't aceppt when I click on the red vote block it's like it won't go through :(

EDIT: NEW VANITY FAIR WRITE-UP ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON COVER CONTEST POSTED PAGE #8 post 110

Last edited:

Good idea. Looks like cheating to me.

How is this cheating ? Many users are reporting they can't vote for anyone. I wasn't able to vote for Michael or even Robert Pattinson. I then tried voting someone who was a few positions down, Lady Gaga, and I couldn't vote for her either. There could be a number of technical reasons as to why this has happened so let's just wait and see what happens. Main thing is, MJ is #1 ^_^

Worked on my Firefox browser an hour ago. :)

i was able to vote today as well.

5:21 PM, November 13 2013

Michael Jackson and Robert Pattinson Battle It Out for Vanity Fair’s Best Cover
by Vanity Fair

.i.1.covers-contest-michael-jackson-robert-pattinson-vanity-fair.jpg

Left: Michael Jackson's December 1989 cover; right: Robert Pattinson's April 2011 cover.

Because of the overwhelming response to Vanity Fair’s century-spanning cover contest—a competition in which you can rank your favorite magazine covers—we’ve extended voting until Friday, November 22. As of today, Michael Jackson’s December 1989 cover and Robert Pattinson’s April 2011 cover lead the pack with 46,657 votes and 45,613 votes, respectively. Both were photographed by Vanity Fair contributing photographer Annie Leibovitz.

So far, legions of fans have campaigned for their favorites throughout the competition. What’s at stake? One lucky voter will win a stay at the London Edition hotel, while the subject of the reigning cover will be treated to a special photo retrospective on VF.com.

Browse through hundreds of choices here, and be sure to vote for your favorite. Remember, voting ends next Friday!

Comments 4

EMail
Print

Link:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2013/11/covers-contest-michael-jackson-robert-pattinson

@ HIStoric I didn't say it was for sure I said it looks like cheating. When I voted for President Obama and Liz Taylor my vote's went through but it took me all day from 5am until around 6pm to get a vote through for MJ. I tried both at my job and on my home PC.

I tried to vote on my iPod, chrome and firefox but I couldn't. However, I did for Marilyn and counted my votes 3 times.

At least Michael is still in the lead with almost 47,000 votes... :sigh:

1989-12-michael-jackson_250.jpg

December 1989
46961 VOTES

delete

Last edited:

I cannot vote for Michael. Have they blocked further votes for Michael to allow others to get ahead?

I think something is wrong in general because I picked somebody else to see and it said there was an error in my vote.

tried now again on my laptop and iphone - I can`t vote.:(

Back