Michael Prince & Brad Buxer - Secret Project (Confirmed MJ related - Post #155)

BOTD is an album outtake from the Dangerous sessions.

Same goes for GHOSTS. He was working on that song during the HIStory sessions.

So what man. He still would have worked hard on that whilst being on tour, which I think is the point being made. :)

Why would he be too busy for working on unreleased MJ material??

MJ rehearsed for TII, wrote songs, apparently went to the studio (or at least had planned to do so while touring with TII) and recorded new material.

It's not like working on the Ultimate Thriller takes up all his time! - When the sound is made I don't think there is much work during the shows, it's more before the concerts he has to work with the sounds etc. I guess.

I think he has more than enough time to work on unreleased material. MJ did BOTDF while touring with HIStory didn't he??

Michael worked on about five songs between May and June 2009, but he wasn't required to be at rehearsal every day. Not to mention that Blood on the Dance Floor was recorded between January and March 1997, when the HIStory tour was on a five-month break. He rarely recorded while on tour (throughout the entire length of the Bad tour he recorded about two to four songs). Besides, Michael Prince is the sound engineer if I'm not mistaken, who is a BIG part of the show. Most sound engineers I knew would go to every rehearsal to get used to how the show flowed, so they would know what to do and how to handle things smoother. And if it was me, I wouldn't want to spend half of my time working on a Michael Jackson tribute show and the other half working on new Michael Jackson music. If work truly did begin in November, I'm sure they have more than enough done for another ten-twelve track album.

After seeing that list of songs handwritten by Michael in the crime scene photos, I've become even more curious to know if he had at least some of a tracklist picked out for a new album. If so, I hope this is what will be on the next album. It'd be nice to have something at least close to his original plan.

BOTD is an album outtake from the Dangerous sessions.

Same goes for GHOSTS. He was working on that song during the HIStory sessions.

I think he probably meant the remix album as a whole. Michael did do some touch-ups to the five new songs in early 1997 (i.e., adding new ad-libs, piano parts and the guitar solo to Superfly Sister).

After seeing that list of songs handwritten by Michael in the crime scene photos, I've become even more curious to know if he had at least some of a tracklist picked out for a new album. If so, I hope this is what will be on the next album. It'd be nice to have something at least close to his original plan.

That's what I've wondered. I've heard rumors that an early track listing does exist but a large majority of the songs are incomplete.

I think he probably meant the remix album as a whole. Michael did do some touch-ups to the five new songs in early 1997 (i.e., adding new ad-libs, piano parts and the guitar solo to Superfly Sister).

That's what I've wondered. I've heard rumors that an early track listing does exist but a large majority of the songs are incomplete.

MP stated MJ would release 8 to 10 singles before realeaseing a new album. A new song every 8 weeks or so. My guess is the tracks didn't get completed or finalized by MJ standards. Let's just hope a few were done.

MP stated MJ would release 8 to 10 singles before realeaseing a new album. A new song every 8 weeks or so. My guess is the tracks didn't get completed or finalized by MJ standards. Let's just hope a few were done.

That's true, but I'm sure Michael had some kind of list of what songs would be released in what order.

man, i have to read all this, i am so lost, i feel kinda stupid, wow, im missing some important stuff here... i will read it all, can someone help saying a bit??

Do you guys think (not what you hope but think!) that there will be an ALL NEW MJ album out this year.

I personally don't think so. We haven't heard anything official yet and with the trial still going on + the Wade accusations and now the Paris thing, I doubt it even more... And we know they are putting a lot of focus in that "The One" show.

^^ But would they push it off until next year I wonder?

I wouldn't necessarily say that the Jacksons/AEG trial would necessarily hurt the possibility of a new project; as far as I'm aware (I'm not following it at all) it doesn't directly involve the estate. There hasn't been any news on the Wade case in a few weeks because nearly the whole world knows he's lying. The only thing I think would hold the estate back from pushing out a new album is Paris, and that's completely understandable. Then again (and I don't mean to seem rude or selfish here), we do have another six months of 2013. Anything can happen in that time. Let us not forget that the last album was announced just about a month before its release so let's keep our options open until then!

I think this year is done of MJ releases, unfortunately. There is just too much going on right now. I think the next album should be released in early 2014, with extra care, maybe find some studio footage to put on the short films for the singles, something like that.
But I don't care if it's released in 2014, 2015 or 2016... I just want them to do it right, just ONCE. Is that too much to ask? Not even the Spike Lee documentary is having a proper release, with no extra content. I mean, come on, they got lots of studio footage that we saw on the doc. Why not give us the full session? That's just been lazy.

So please, for the next album, whenever it is released, please please DO IT RIGHT!

I think fans have different opinions of what right things are.
They can never please everyone, some will always think it´s wrong choice of songs or something else.

I agree, no matter what they do it won't be right or good enough, because even fans can't agree on what they want and because Michael isn't here to put his final stamp on it. I was very pleased with the effort they put into BAD 25, but some were not .. It's always going to be that way.

I agree, no matter what they do it won't be right or good enough, because even fans can't agree on what they want and because Michael isn't here to put his final stamp on it. I was very pleased with the effort they put into BAD 25, but some were not .. It's always going to be that way.

The "music" on Bad25 was great!. I do think we will get a new album in the fall. The situation with the trail has pushed thing back I would think. Wades accusations and Paris health should have any impact on a release I would think. The days of huge sales big release are over. Yes MJ will gain new fans in the future but these releases are different now. MJ is gone and these as posthumous releases so I would not expect high sales numbers again. For that matter I don't think we will see any real hit single anymore either. Yes you can't please everyone with these release but we have to take what we can get. Invinceable was a long time ago so we are excited for New material. I just hope we are past the anniversary albums and such. I'm tired of buying things I already have. Bad25 is great I listen to the live album and the demos. Never once played disc one tho. Patients is a big word in the MJ world. Frankly I have considered tuning out for a while until all this bs ends. But as we all know we keep coming back it's like a drug. ;)

^^ EXACTLY.

The fans really expect a lot from the estate, most of which they probably cannot deliver for one reason or another. It really makes me angry when the estate puts together a phenomenal release (Bad 25) and people nitpick over every little flaw. It's fine to be angry with the releases, but to completely bash them when they do have several good qualities about them is ridiculous. As I've said before, if I was in charge of the estate I probably wouldn't release anything else just because so many fans don't deserve it.

I loved Bad 25 and defended it to no end but their is a line where it just becomes embarrassing. You can't show 2hrs of MJ/never before seen stuff and not release any of it in full! It just doesn't work that way, there is absolutely no incentive to buy that release. I will support them, but they need to step it up a little.

I think for every “mistake” that the Estate makes, there’s a reason.
It is fine for me just to know that they are trying and listening to the fans. It already means a lot.

If they listened closely enough, we would have all his videos on bluray right now.

What the @!@? are they waiting for?

That they need to make money for many years to come off very little material so will drag out doing things like the above for as long as possible?

Nothing wrong with being critical. As long as you can back up your critique with reason and sense. I think most do that.

IMWhizzle;3854060 said:
If they listened closely enough, we would have all his videos on bluray right now.

What the @!@? are they waiting for?

As I see things, the Estate had and still has no chance for the full force work…

If to look around there’s too much things going on. They just can’t stand up and say let’s celebrate his life.
They don’t have a chance for a “right” promotion so I think they are just being careful and waiting for a right moment.
They can’t separate their work from everything and just do their job. It also appears to be a part of the plan “to do everything right”

What we have so far is not much but these projects are beautiful, full of love and creativity… Most of them.

The last 2 rehearsals on the 23rd and 24th was when MJ came back after not feeling well on the 19th and kicked it in the ass. The last 2 rehearsals he was in good form. He was not complaining or unable. The reason stated for adding various performances instead of just one for each song, is so they could show all the different rehearsal performances and incorporate them into the show. Also I would say for a smooth transition of a total song because there are a lot of starts and stops in rehearsals where director or MJ may tweak the band, singers and dancers. ( we saw a few) But I really doubt we will see more from TII anytime soon with all that is going on with the JAX vs AEG trial. Would be very bad bad timing. The Estate is smarter than that. Maybe in few yrs down the line

I had got the understanding of what i had said from an interview with Karen Faye & bush and Jermaines biography on MJ. He said towards the end of it MJ was always in different clothes at different shots because he made complaints of feeling unwell

i wouldnt call bad25 phenomenal and fans deserve everything in michael's archive, he had a lot of material in storage that he was planning to release in the future.

I wanna hear more from them too... anything from Michael is great!

Can't wait to know it better and to have more information about it!

i wouldnt call bad25 phenomenal and fans deserve everything in michael's archive, he had a lot of material in storage that he was planning to release in the future.

Fans don't deserve everything in Michael's archive. We're greedy, demanding and we have to look at flaws in every single project by the estate. We're lucky the estate even gives us anything. If it was me, I would stop releasing new material all together because many fans don't deserve it.

1) Six songs is more than satisfactory. Keep in mind Michael only gave us TWO for Thriller 25.
2) They had no choice to release the VHS. Wembley is Michael's best performance. The estate only has U-matic tapes for the remaining shows, which would give us similar quality to Wembley anyways. The only one they have film for is Yokohama, and I wouldn't waste my money on that.

Back