Michael - The Great Album Debate

But if they did that would the Estate leave themselves open to legal action from fans who bought the album? I don't know how these things work but sure some of you out there would know.

But if they did that would the Estate leave themselves open to legal action from fans who bought the album? I don't know how these things work but sure some of you out there would know.
Well as fans I would rather them take off non-MJ songs from his official discography but casual buyers of the album might .....might take action if they are really that bothered over 3 songs.

I think the easiest most logical thing for the estate and sony to do is just remove the tracks from iTunes and amazon (digital downloads only) and if they ever make more physical copies from here on out (although not likely) just exclude those from the physical release as well.

If I were them then that's what id do. I don't even think they should bother with an explanation or apology as that would bring too much attention to it. They should just quietly remove them from iTunes and amazon and basically that'd be the problem solved.

Just delete the whole Michael album period. It's a garbage release not worthy of being a part of Michael's catalogue. It is not salvageable. Use the real songs on the album in their original form on other projects further down the line.

Breaking News easily takes the cake because of the lyrical content. How they thought they'd get away with some random guy saying "I'm Michael Jackson", literally, is beyond me. Xscape for me has just made this album look even worse, which I didn't think was possible but some how it is.

Breaking News easily takes the cake because of the lyrical content. How they thought they'd get away with some random guy saying "I'm Michael Jackson", literally, is beyond me. Xscape for me has just made this album look even worse, which I didn't think was possible but some how it is.

It's Mykuul Jaxzn.

I think the easiest most logical thing for the estate and sony to do is just remove the tracks from iTunes and amazon (digital downloads only) and if they ever make more physical copies from here on out (although not likely) just exclude those from the physical release as well.

If I were them then that's what id do. I don't even think they should bother with an explanation or apology as that would bring too much attention to it. They should just quietly remove them from iTunes and amazon and basically that'd be the problem solved.

Yes, I would love to see the digital album quietly updated. Remove Keep Your Head Up, Monster, and Breaking News for "artistic reasons," make adjustments to the cheering crowd samples on Behind the Mask (they're distracting), and include the original versions of the seven authentic tracks as a bonus. Basically, give MICHAEL an XSCAPE makeover.

HMH is garbage?

BOJ too??

BTM?

MTS?
You missed the point. No, the project as a whole is garbage. The combination of the artwork, the concept, the re-productions and the fake songs make the album as a whole garbage. It does not deserve any kind of re-release (even without the Casco tracks) and should not even be in print anymore. The actual real Michael Jackson songs that he worked on in their original form however are of great value which is why I said they should be used in future projects completely unrelated to the 'Michael' album.

You missed the point. No, the project as a whole is garbage. The combination of the artwork, the concept, the re-productions and the fake songs make the album as a whole garbage. It does not deserve any kind of re-release (even without the Casco tracks) and should not even be in print anymore. The actual real Michael Jackson songs that he worked on in their original form however are of great value which is why I said they should be used in future projects completely unrelated to the 'Michael' album.

I understand what you mean now, I agree that they could be reused.

However I like the idea of doing an updated version for "Michael" (possibly digitally only like iTunes and Amazon). But to remove the Cascio tracks and create a deluxe version with the seven tracks plus the original demos.

I would repurchase the album just for the demos. And to acknowledge them doing the right thing by removing the fake songs.

Yes, I would love to see the digital album quietly updated. Remove Keep Your Head Up, Monster, and Breaking News for "artistic reasons," make adjustments to the cheering crowd samples on Behind the Mask (they're distracting), and include the original versions of the seven authentic tracks as a bonus. Basically, give MICHAEL an XSCAPE makeover.
Yes this would be the best and easiest thing to do. And discontinue (if they still are?) hard copies of the album.

A fan who attended one of the listening sessions told us Branca said that they are trying to do it right with this album and "there are no Cascio song on this album... and there will never be more cascio tracks again". After those words, a silence in the room, and then L.A Reid continued speaking.

He knows those tracks are fake, there is no doubt.

If the Cascio songs are never released in any way in the coming years, it will definitely be proof that even the Estate/Sony now think they are fake. Because it makes no sense to think that they would willingly sit on 9 MJ songs when THEY think, for whatever reason, that they are real. I don't buy for a second that they would fear controversy to the point of wasting 9 MJ songs that they think are real.

Even from Eddie Cascio's viewpoint, if the vocals are indeed MJ's, he wouldn't be content knowing that 9 MJ songs will rot in a vault forever because some silly fans wouldn't believe they're real. He'd try to buy them back and sell them to some other label, or something.

So yeah, if the remaining songs are still not released 10 years from now -- potentially under the terms of a future contract that would specifically exclude them -- then it's proof they're fake.

It's annoying that great songs like Hollywood Tonight, Best Of Joy, Behind The Mask and Much Too Soon have been wasted on this album

Even from Eddie Cascio's viewpoint, if the vocals are indeed MJ's, he wouldn't be content knowing that 9 MJ songs will rot in a vault forever because some silly fans wouldn't believe they're real. He'd try to buy them back and sell them to some other label, or something.

He can't. All twelve songs are registered with Michael's publishing company, which means that they would have to agree on their release with another label. Given the controversy that surrounded these songs, that's never gonna happen.

And "some silly fans"? Kreen, of course I respect all view points, but no less than 95% of the fan base is convinced that the songs are fake. Listening to the bridge on Black Widow, or the second verse of Breaking News, or anything on Fall in Love, immediately screams "JASON MALACHI". (Whenever I hear the latter track, when the vocalists sings, "I love it when you say my name," I always just scream, "JASON!")

I choose to believe the purpose of the choices made to put fans in mystery about the very first posthumous album was intentionally planned for long range marketing purposes eg immortality message being subliminal eg., there is only 1 and he will forever be 100% unmistakeable eg., "don't get it twisted" and like a spank on the butt to a lifetime of imitators or a schooling of sorts to random joe publics who only thought they knew Michael Jackson's voice. Its the only thing that makes sense to me as its all just too painfully (literally) obvious an issue.Mr Branca undoutedly knows MJ's voice it would certainly clearly seem to me...he's not an MJ novice or just another "suit" nor Mr Mcclain imho they could in no way expected millions of fans to accep allow and receive without causing an endless conversation.

Last edited:
Business is business, if they had fooled us with that voice on the Cascio tracks, today and in the future we would have had hundreds of "unreleased" songs.

Just youtube'd breaking news (first time in years) just to read the comments - and I was shocked to see MOST comments say it is really Michael. No matter what now I think most people in the world will always see this as an MJ song :0(

I cringingly listened to some of BN again just to see if there is a hint of rough MJ vocals somewhere in there - I don't know I can't tell if any real MJ vocals are hidden in there but I do know this......there is definitely another voice you here more clearly!!!!! And that's just BN,
I think Monster & Keep your head up there is no sign of real MJ in there.

And "some silly fans"?

I'm saying that, if the vocals were real, that's how Eddie would see the whole thing : some silly people not believing what he knows for a fact : that MJ recorded those songs. I'm saying that if the songs stay buried forever, it will be proof the vocals are indeed fake, because there's no way they would remain locked in a vault forever otherwise.

Just youtube'd breaking news (first time in years) just to read the comments - and I was shocked to see MOST comments say it is really Michael. No matter what now I think most people in the world will always see this as an MJ song :0(

I cringingly listened to some of BN again just to see if there is a hint of rough MJ vocals somewhere in there - I don't know I can't tell if any real MJ vocals are hidden in there but I do know this......there is definitely another voice you here more clearly!!!!! And that's just BN,
I think Monster & Keep your head up there is no sign of real MJ in there.

That other voice on Breaking News is James Porte, there is NO Michael Jackson present on that song other than the ripped ad-libs.

That other voice on Breaking News is James Porte, there is NO Michael Jackson present on that song other than the ripped ad-libs.
Are you saying it's James Porte as the lead vocal? Or it's James singing along with Jason Malachi as it's surly is Jason Malachi singing lead!!?

Are you saying it's James Porte as the lead vocal? Or it's James singing along with Jason Malachi as it's surly is Jason Malachi singing lead!!?

James Porte is on the background vocals i'm pretty sure, Jason is on lead and backgrounds I assume.

when i listened to jasons critical album, it became so obvious hes the cascio lead singer. the vibrato makes it even more obvious.
the leaked cascio tracks sound like "critical" outtakes.

James Porte got credited for the vocals, hes 100% on it.

He's singing along with Jason. Jason is the lead vocal, Porte is the backing vocal that accompanies Jason's voice throughout the entire song.

tung1.gif

Someone bought me the album as a gag gift. I'm so offended to even have it in my house. Good joke though.

Someone bought me the album as a gag gift. I'm so offended to even have it in my house. Good joke though.

I got a free copy when I bought the Xbox MJ dance game ....It's like I couldn't escape it :fear:

I had Internet silence leading up to release, only got Phone calls from fans I know to tell me all about Faking News Etc, I went to a shop in town bought the album went home and put the CD in the CD Player. As soon as track 3 came on I left the house, I have not returned to this day! No one in our town goes near the house but legend has it, a large Herd of Goats has amassed around the premises, warning off anyone!

Last year an amateur film crew went to the property to film and investigate, they were never seen again, the footage found suggests they were attacked and beaten to death by some fat guy in a deputy uniform wielding a PVC Pipe!

My Driveway 10/12/2013

naldoandshirlgoestozoobic15.jpg

#TrueStory

Last edited:
Back