Michael - The Great Album Debate

Yeah and i do think that the reason sony used the cascio tracks is because they were hoping that it would fool enough people to think that they were real and then they could create even more fake Michael Jackson songs. It's like pretending that June 25th 2009 never happened

Yup!..........

Yes, exactly.....The album was not geared towards fans, but for the general public...Makes it more 'credible' then when you've got Teddy Riley on Oprah saying, 'Dis is Michael's voice....Nobody can scream like Michael'....Well, obviously! The public hears Mike's genuine copy/pasted ad libs and it's easy to believe the whole song is Mike....

Another thing is that i don't think Michael created songs that fit in with the mainstream music of today. So the cascio tracks were created to try and make the album more mainstream.

The General Public is stupid, and gulible....they even believed Mike touched Boys....All of it is sick really. I cant even fathom the fact that they would try to sell us "fake" MJ songs....and i saw that oprah interveiw and i was like...wtf mention the LEAD vocals, not the screaming

Anriam -- awesome point about the switching between first and third person on those songs. i didn't even notice that, but it IS weird, and it does add to the confusion with the lyrics.

It brings me immense pleasure and joy to imagine cascio or whoever from sony is diligently monitoring this thread (because i DO believe they keep up with what is said in here) reading all the posts about the songs being horrible and the lyrics making no sense. They must feel so insulted ;) or at least i HOPE they know how much we've ripped it apart--for thousands of pages.

"they don't like my song. they REALLY don't like my song. am i really that bad?"

Yes, you're that bad.

"they don't like my song. they REALLY don't like my song. am i really that bad?"

Yes, you're that bad.
Lol! Tell 'em, girl!
The truth must be told. :yes:

It is just too bad that this happens with Michael Jackson who made music that was much more than just music. But listen to these crappy songs. They are not even ok songs.... Still it feels a nightmare and you hope you will wake up soon. I can only shake my head in disbelief. What they did to him is unforgivable.

^^ I've heard the odd fan say that Michael doesn't care about what's happening now -- he's dead....

*cringes* How can someone even say this? Especially fans? WE know what's happening, whether it's Michael on those songs or not....It DOES matter and it makes it even worse that this is being done over his dead body..Those songs are in his name on an 'official' MJ album....Part of his discography, and ultimately a part of his legacy....Songs that fans all over the world have questioned and it is a big deal...It's been done and it's disgusting.

These songs (whether they're Michael or not) just say 'Hey, he's replaceable'...Whether it be an imposter or the result of heavily processed vocals that make him sound unlike anything he's ever sounded like to the point where his own fans can't recognize him in there. And this doesn't matter cuz he's dead?

Sick.

^^ I've heard the odd fan say that Michael doesn't care about what's happening now -- he's dead....
I agree. This is one of the dumbest statements.
He's dead so why do we keep leaving flowers at Forest Lawn? He's dead so why should he and his art be not abused since he doesn't care? He's dead so why preserving his legacy? He's dead so why care about justice? ... We will be all dead someday so why do we care for things at all? ...
Get my point? Gee...Some people...

I agree. This is one of the dumbest statements.
He's dead so why do we keep leaving flowers at Forest Lawn? He's dead so why should he and his art be not abused since he doesn't care? He's dead so why preserving his legacy? He's dead so why care about justice? ... We will be all dead someday so why do we care for things at all? ...
Get my point? Gee...Some people...

Yes, and it was important to Michael...

"Who wants Mortality? You want what you create to live, be it sculpting, painting, music composition. That is why to escape death I attempt to bind my soul to my work."

It DOES matter....

Here's another statement some people made a while back that just floored me

''Michael may not be singing on Monster but who cares! Let's get it to number 1''

I'll admit that I was one of those who thought Monster would be a hit single. :( I'm sorry, guys.

I'll admit that I was one of those who thought Monster would be a hit single. :( I'm sorry, guys.

I think that you desreve to be eradicated not only from this forum but from the whole Internet for saying that :D

He's comin' atcha, comin' atcha rather too fast
Mama say, mama gotchu in a zig-zag
An' you're runnin', An' you're runnin' just to 'scape it
But they're gunnin' for the money, so they fake it

:D

He's comin' atcha, comin' atcha rather too fast
Mama say, mama gotchu in a zig-zag
An' you're runnin', An' you're runnin' just to 'scape it
But they're gunnin' for the money, so they fake it

:D

Dah!!

Then immediately after that song we get "Best Of Joy". Like Hollywood Tonight, the lyrics aren't even complex yet they're miles above the Cascio songs.

You can see the education level difference between the two. The Cascio songs seem like they were written by elementary/middle-school grade songwriters. Best of Joy and Hollywood Tonight sound like they are written by a highly trained professional.

This is all my opinion, of course, but I'm definitely not alone.

Then immediately after that song we get "Best Of Joy". Like Hollywood Tonight, the lyrics aren't even complex yet they're miles above the Cascio songs.

You can see the education level difference between the two. The Cascio songs seem like they were written by elementary/middle-school grade songwriters. Best of Joy and Hollywood Tonight sound like they are written by a highly trained professional.

This is all my opinion, of course, but I'm definitely not alone.

Do you feel someone's presence next to you? Someone in the dark? :D

I feel like a friend to MJ when i listen to his music. Ill admit, the Best of Joy isnt m favorite, nor is Behind the mask. But Hollywood Tonight, Hold my Hand, and The Way you love me (2004 version)....yea. I feel it. I also somewhat enjoy Monster. :/ lol i think it would have made a good single....oh well 2bad they messed it you with the controversy

Here's another statement some people made a while back that just floored me

''Michael may not be singing on Monster but who cares! Let's get it to number 1''

That's an extreme of the fanbase and this is the other extreme: "let's spread lies about this album so everyone think the 10 songs are fake"

hmm, Tricky situation :scratch: but at least there's no Cascio singles :)

oh well 2bad they messed it you with the controversy
lol :)

Monster is a fun song, I guess. A lot of the Cascio songs are 'fun', you know, like Ke$ha's "Blow", or Rebecca Black's "Friday", they are 'fun' but are they good? Are they great? Are they Michael Jackson standard? Are they even close? Or are they completely foreign? Or are they mediocre? Could you write something better?

I have a really hard time believing Michael would sing "Everybody wantin' a piece of Michael Jackson". It's my opinion, but I think(or hope) he would realize it's not a good move to make.

lol :)

Monster is a fun song, I guess. A lot of the Cascio songs are 'fun', you know, like Ke$ha's "Blow", or Rebecca Black's "Friday", they are 'fun' but are they good? Are they great? Are they Michael Jackson standard? Are they even close? Or are they completely foreign? Or are they mediocre? Could you write something better?

I have a really hard time believing Michael would sing "Everybody wantin' a piece of Michael Jackson". It's my opinion, but I think(or hope) he would realize it's not a good move to make.

Your right Lyrically, they are very mediocre (I'm being generous)...They also sound like they desperately wanted them to sound like Michael Jackson songs.. ie. adding in past MJ lyrics, repeating his name over and over, past themes copied

When I listen to these songs, I get a sense of desperation from them..Like they are just trying so hard (including the singer) for it to be a MJ song.

The songs are nothing special. They're not terrible, but to me, they are way below MJ's standards and mediocre. Even when Michael had weaker songs, I could never classify them as 'mediocre'...He didn't have a mediocre bone in his body...It was like, impossible for him lol... Funny choices to push so hard for this album, and to consider for singles. I still don't quite understand why these songs are actually on the album. Lyrically, and composition-wise, they're run of the mill pop songs that don't represent MJ's genius in any way, shape or form. Why did they push so hard to have them on the album? ESPECIALLY after the fans' outcry?!?

As a musicologist, I'm happy to do it, when I have the time.
Or if someone does it before me, I'm happy to double-check.

As a musicologist, I'm happy to do it, when I have the time.
Or if someone does it before me, I'm happy to double-check.

Your first impression when you hear, do you think we have same notes here?

Just missing those days:

[youtube]tsTgjDhSayA&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]00ZFdnd0Aao&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]nGAk-yjauHw&NR=1[/youtube]

Just missing those days:

[youtube]tsTgjDhSayA&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]00ZFdnd0Aao&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]nGAk-yjauHw&NR=1[/youtube]

'It's Billie Jean for ya man! She's a sweet ol' thang!' :lmao:

Seriously, I miss the '80s ....BADLY! I've been feeling so nostalgic lately! I wish I had been a tad bit older, though....I remember them quite well, but I wish a little more vividly....Michael just oozed magic...How'd he do it? :scratch: :lol:

Back