Michael - The Great Album Debate

This is critical stuff. Every day, slowly, we are stripping these songs down to their very essence: deceitful fabrications.

Quite the contrary, people will wake up and realize the Malachi-accusations are utter BS and the other voice we don't wanna hear is the one mysterious singer that received proper credits on "Michael".
No illegal activities, just a matter of taste and whether it's OK that Eddie talked crap and acted like Michael would have worked hard.

They are fabrications. I think everyone here had already agreed on this.

Quite the contrary, people will wake up and realize the Malachi-accusations are utter BS and the other voice we don't wanna hear is the one mysterious singer that received proper credits on "Michael".
No illegal activities, just a matter of taste and whether it's OK that Eddie talked crap and acted like Michael would have worked hard.

They are fabrications. I think everyone here had already agreed on this.

Since when did James Porte sound exactly like Jason Malachi?

hmm interesting . wayback machine also shows an even older version

July 2009: We spent 2 weeks recording tracks and doing rough mixes for a great music talent which at this time has to remain unknown ; We were working with producer James Porter for this upcoming album. This is a very exciting project and we are thrilled to be a part of it - more to come on this.

-------------

It seems they only wrote Michael's name after his death. Sometime between June 25 and the October 16 screencap

edited to add

this is the october 16, 2009 version. Eddie's name seems to be added later on as well although I cannot pinpoint when. Wayback machine stops the captures around November 2009.

July 2009: We spent 2 weeks recording tracks and doing rough mixes for Michael Jackson. We were working with producer James Porter who had been co-writing with Michael for an upcoming album. We were stunned to hear the news of Michael’s death shortly after delivering the tracks that he would sing to. Michael was an incredible talent and we were excited to be part of his music.

James Porte doesn't sound like Malachi, he's trying to sound like Michael, as the other dude, with the difference that Porte had a reason to mimic MJ's style. I'm not interested to comment on your obsession with Malachi any more.

With comments like this
There is the proof in black and white.

you continue to disqualify yourself from any serious discussion. You're jumping to wrong assumptions and conclusions without any knowledge - as you have been doing continuously all the time, like switching forth and back the time in which the Jason dude shall have recorded vocals.

Last edited:
James Porte doesn't sound like Malachi, he's trying to sound like Michael, as the other dude, with the difference that Porte had a reason to mimic MJ's style. I'm not interested to comment on your obsession with Malachi any more.

Then don't insult people by calling their opinions BS and accept that many people here believe that the lead vocals were performed by JM and with good reason. His vibrato, his accent, his pronounciation, his snorts. Porte sounds nothing like that. Coupled with the total lack of any evidence of MJ's involvement. One can clearly hear the difference between the two voices on the songs, that being the difference between Porte and Jason.

Korgnex,

You are missing the point. The doubters do not give a damn whether it is Jason or not. What counts for the doubters is when we hear the voice we don't hear MJ's voice. Now, whether it is James Porte or Jason Malachi, we don't give a shit. The doubters are not waging war against Jason, but against fake/fabricated tracks. Since the very beginning of this thread we have been talking about the fabrication and fake vocalist. This is nothing new. Now, if it's not Jason, it's someone else, but it surely isn't Michael Jackson, the "too bad" part confirms it. I just wonder how many believers knew that it was James Porte singing "too bad" part. All the believers were defending the theory that it was MJ's vocals, and not Portes's. And the doubters have never debated who was the BG singer. Nobody cares about the BG singer.

I think that this is the biggest discovery:

"The vocals we had were stand in vox that had been done by the producer who actually sings very similar to MJ, which may have been what started the questioning."

As Korgnex said that shaky vibrato "2 baaaaad" is James Porte, and that identical vibrato is in all 12 songs.. maybe James Porte sings lead AND background vocals. ("who actually sings very similar to MJ")

But I am elated the rest of Eddies crappy songs are flushed down the toilet by the Estate :)MJ deserved better

Dear me I hope this will not clog up the Los Angelos toilet-to-sewer system ^^. Did this have anything to do with all the floods in the West coast lately?

Finally, no more Cascio songs to be found on our Michael's albums. Well he made a good paycheck from the deal.

With comments like this

you continue to disqualify yourself from any serious discussion. You're jumping to wrong assumptions and conclusions without any knowledge - as you have been doing continuously all the time, like switching forth and back the time in which the Jason dude shall have recorded vocals.

Those comments from majestic show that when they were working on the tracks at the time of Michael's death, there were no MJ vocals on there. Only stand in vocals from Porte. We knew that all along. That means at some point after Michael's death, the other parts were filled in. There are clearly two voices on the songs, one being Porte and the other being the lead singer. It couldn't be Michael after his death and with so many similarities between the vocals and the vocals of Jason Malachi, there is good reason to strongly suspect his involvement. Unless James Porte decided to impersonate Jason Malachi of course.

Dear me I hope this will not clog up the Los Angelos toilet-to-sewer system ^^. Did this have anything to do with all the floods in the West coast lately?

Finally, no more Cascio songs to be found on our Michael's albums. Well he made a good paycheck from the deal.

HAaaaaa!

Then don't insult people by calling their opinions BS and accept that many people here believe that the lead vocals were performed by JM and with good reason. His vibrato, his accent, his pronounciation, his snorts. Porte sounds nothing like that. Coupled with the total lack of any evidence of MJ's involvement. One can clearly hear the difference between the two voices on the songs, that being the difference between Porte and Jason.

I don't think it is necessarily Jason Malachi, although it sounds like him. In my opinion it can be James Porte on lead AND background vocals just like that guy said that he sounds very similar to MJ. Or any other impersonator but it is not MJ 100%.

"The vocals we had were stand in vox that had been done by the producer who actually sings very similar to MJ, which may have been what started the questioning."

As Korgnex said that shaky vibrato "2 baaaaad" is James Porte, and that identical vibrato is in all 12 songs.. maybe James Porte sings lead AND background vocals. ("who actually sings very similar to MJ")

In that case we still have twelve songs that are not sung by Mj. But why would James Porte copy all of Jason's vocal mannerisms?

Yes and for me this is a small victory. The Estate will never release any more of these songs.

That doesn't make any sense. If they had MJ's vocals back then (in June 2009) they would work with those vocals (demo vocals by MJ allegedly recorded in 2007) and not with Porte vocals.

Of course faking didn't start before Michael's death because they thought that MJ would really record their songs, but he died and they finished the song afterwards with impersonator.

It never had :D

The Porte "too bad" vs lead singer "too bad" is kind of irrelevant. The vibrato is Jason Malachi's. It is on the lead vocal of every track. Fact is, we now have on record, long before any songs were sold to Sony or any of this controversy known about, people stating that Michael was due to record songs that were written for him but had not done. This is exactly what we've said all along. That makes sense with the whole MJ Songbook thing. The MJ Songbook is the Porte demos and written versions because by the time of Michael's death he had not recorded these songs. There is the proof in black and white.

Not so fast. This post also lends credence to what has been the official story all along : MJ, Porte and Cascio worked on the songs in 2007 and MJ was supposed to lay down his complete usable vocals for the songs in London. He didn't, so they recreated the songs for the "Michael" album using the guide vocals, incomplete takes and half-assed MJ vocals they could use from 2007. I mean, if they presented the songs as "co-written with MJ" before he died, that implies he really did collaborate on those songs. And if he did, it's pretty obvious that he MUST have sung them in some capacity in the studio, if only to "co-write" the lead vocal lines.

His vibrato, his accent, his pronounciation, his snorts. Porte sounds nothing like that.

I always wondered if Porte was researched. He's from Tennessee, that's a close accent to Maryland / Baltimore.

Well we only have one Porte song in which he sings as himself. It's anyone's guess how he would sound when he tries to mimic Michael.

That doesn't make any sense. If they had MJ's vocals back then (in June 2009) they would work with those vocals (demo vocals by MJ allegedly recorded in 2007) and not with Porte vocals.

of course it makes sense. Assuming that the demos are demos and guidevocals and they were just in the process of doing "rough mixes" - as the guy calls it for future work, there's no sense in giving Michael's vocals. Any kind of leak was a huge risk. Getting Porte sing the way they want so this guy could mix the music tracks and rough mixes would have made sense from security wise. He had no need for Michael's demos/guides to do what he was hired to do.

Of course faking didn't start before Michael's death because they thought that MJ would really record their songs, but he died and they finished the song afterwards with impersonator.

One argument was that Michael had no involvement and even no knowledge of these songs. This might debunk that argument. Songs are being given to this guy before his death , he knows it's songs for MJ, he's all excited and thrilled, he keeps MJ's identity hidden when he's alive, the timing 2009 before TII. It can all show that MJ knew of these songs and he was interested to work on them more in London.

edit: see what kreen wrote above me

Not so fast. This post also lends credence to what has been the official story all along : MJ, Porte and Cascio worked on the songs in 2007 and MJ was supposed to lay down his complete usable vocals for the songs in London. He didn't, so they recreated the songs for the "Michael" album using the guide vocals, incomplete takes and half-assed MJ vocals they could use from 2007. I mean, if they presented the songs as "co-written with MJ" before he died, that implies he really did collaborate on those songs. And if he did, it's pretty obvious that he MUST have sung them in some capacity in the studio, if only to "co-write" the lead vocal lines.

And, your post completely contradicts what Eddie said: MJ wanted those tracks to release on which he worked very hard, implying that the songs were in releasable format, which they actually never were.

In that case we still have twelve songs that are not sung by Mj. But why would James Porte copy all of Jason's vocal mannerisms?

I don't know, maybe accidentally, although it sounds like Jason to me. But it would be less risky and less expensive for Frank and Eddie Cascio to just use James Porte vocals because he is their loyal friend and co-author of the songs. And that guy who worked as engineer on the songs said that he sounds very similar to MJ when he is impersonating him.

Yes and for me this is a small victory. The Estate will never release any more of these songs.

I don't think it is a victory. Yet. It is nice to know that no more songs will be released, but victory will be when they remove those songs from MJ's discography.

Angelo clearly states that the songs they were working on in 2009, shortly before Michael's death had no MJ vocals on at all but those of the producer ie James Porte. This lends credence to the fact that there were no vocals recorded by Mj by the time his death. It also fits perfectly with the MJ songbook and Ason Compilation registrations.

And let's not forget that none of these songs appeared on the list of songs that Michael was intending to complete or come back to that was found in his home when he died.

He did not co-wrote those songs. Those songs were written and recorded with Porte vocals before 2007. Roger Friedman, the biggest Cascio lover in the world confirmed that.

I don't know, maybe accidentally, although it sounds like Jason to me. But it would be less risky and less expensive for Frank and Eddie Cascio to just use James Porte vocals because he is their loyal friend and co-author of the songs. And that guy who worked as engineer on the songs said that he sounds very similar to MJ when he is impersonating him.

It's also legal. Something I have been saying all along. Remember Paula Abdul lawsuit. It's legally acceptable to build composite leads ( Michael and Porte) while crediting one (Porte) as background vocals.

edited to add: To doubters it might not matter whether the additional vocal is Porte or Malachi but if it's Porte you don't have a fraud claim.

Angelo clearly states that the songs they were working on in 2009, shortly before Michael's death had no MJ vocals on at all but those of the producer ie James Porte. This lends credence to the fact that there were no vocals recorded by Mj by the time his death. It also fits perfectly with the MJ songbook and Ason Compilation registrations.

And also confirms that MJ did not record in 2007 as Eddie said it.

He did not co-wrote those songs. Those songs were written and recorded with Porte vocals before 2007. Roger Friedman, the biggest Cascio lover in the world confirmed that.

Yep and this is supported by copyright registrations from 2005 and 2006 where the tracks are registered with no mention of Michael as co-writer.

It's really what we've been saying all along. Porte and Cascio had a bunch of tracks they wanted MJ to record, which had he lived he may or may not have done but as he passed away, someone else was used to record them. They probably rerecorded all of Porte's backgounds and then Jason recorded the leads. Most probably during his "vacation" which was just days before the Ason registrations.

And also confirms that MJ did not record in 2007 as Eddie said it.

I disagree. We don't know whether he recorded them or not. It doesn't confirm it either way. They could have hold on to Michael's vocals and not give them to this guy as he had no need for them to do a rough music mix (actually a lot time studio musicians are used in early work not the actual artist) and to overcome any possible leak. Didn't you ever hear the R. Kelly demos for example in which he changes his voice / pitch to match Michael?

It's also legal. Something I have been saying all along. Remember Paula Abdul lawsuit. It's legally acceptable to build composite leads ( Michael and Porte) while crediting one (Porte) as background vocals.

edited to add: To doubters it might not matter whether the additional vocal is Porte or Malachi but if it's Porte you don't have a fraud claim.

Well take that first verse of Fall In Love for example. That sounds nothing at all like James Porte. Nothing like his song and nothing like his backgrounds. It sounds identical to Malachi.

I disagree. We don't know whether he recorded them or not. It doesn't confirm it either way. They could have hold on to Michael's vocals and not give them to this guy as he had no need for them to do a rough music mix (actually a lot time studio musicians are used in early work not the actual artist) and to overcome any possible leak. Didn't you ever hear the R. Kelly demos for example?

The voice that we hear on the album "Michael" in the Cascio songs is certainly not Michael's. So did Eddie record with MJ in 2007 and release Porte's voice instead of MJ's? Is that what you are saying?

I always wondered if Porte was researched. He's from Tennessee, that's a close accent to Maryland / Baltimore.

Well we only have one Porte song in which he sings as himself. It's anyone's guess how he would sound when he tries to mimic Michael.

of course it makes sense. Assuming that the demos are demos and guidevocals and they were just in the process of doing "rough mixes" - as the guy calls it for future work, there's no sense in giving Michael's vocals. Any kind of leak was a huge risk. Getting Porte sing the way they want so this guy could mix the music tracks and rough mixes would have made sense from security wise. He had no need for Michael's demos/guides to do what he was hired to do.

One argument was that Michael had no involvement and even no knowledge of these songs. This might debunk that argument. Songs are being given to this guy before his death , he knows it's songs for MJ, he's all excited and thrilled, he keeps MJ's identity hidden when he's alive, the timing 2009 before TII. It can all show that MJ knew of these songs and he was interested to work on them more in London.

edit: see what kreen wrote above me

Porte sounds very similar to MJ when he is impersonating MJ according to the studio guy.

It doesn't make any sense to me. MJ was in their house and he recorded all 12 songs and 2 years later some guy in some studio is working on rough mixes (for songs "that MJ would sing to") using guide vocals by Porte.

Michael did not write those songs, because the songs were already written and recorded by Porte (with his real voice, not trying to sound like MJ). He may have had some involvement with those songs, maybe he promised Eddie that he will record them. But that is irrelevant.

And, your post completely contradicts what Eddie said: MJ wanted those tracks to release on which he worked very hard, implying that the songs were in releasable format, which they actually never were.

I never drink the PR kool-aid when it comes to anything, and that has actually gotten me in trouble many times here. I've always believed that MJ recorded those songs as a favor to Eddie Cascio, because he was mooching off of them and staying at his place for free. I've always said that MJ in 2007 and later was a complete wreck, and I've never believed for a second the hype that "those are incredible MJ vocals, MJ was working his arse off". That's PR.

I also think that part of why the Cascios/Sony have not said too much regarding this controversy is because they didn't want to insist too much on the fact that they released guide vocals on a professional, "commercial" album. It's not exactly winning, from a PR point of view, to tell the general music-buying public they're paying for stuff that was never supposed to be released in the first place.

Back