Michael - The Great Album Debate

@Bumper , @Stella

Do you have any idea how Porte sounds like when he's trying to sound like Michael?

You have that guy saying on Gear Slutz that he sounds close to Michael.

So let's assume the vocals aren't Michael. How sure are you that they aren't Porte or a mix of Porte + Michael? You are operating on a limited info on Porte (how he sounds like when he mimics Michael). Also Tennessee is a close accent to Maryland.

It's also legal. Something I have been saying all along. Remember Paula Abdul lawsuit. It's legally acceptable to build composite leads ( Michael and Porte) while crediting one (Porte) as background vocals.

edited to add: To doubters it might not matter whether the additional vocal is Porte or Malachi but if it's Porte you don't have a fraud claim.

It is not legal when you don't have Michael Jackson's vocals at all.

And also confirms that MJ did not record in 2007 as Eddie said it.

And Prince and Paris also said that he did not record those songs in that house. They lived in that same house. They would definitively hear something because it was "studio" in a room without proper isolation.

@Bumper , @Stella

Do you have any idea how Porte sounds like when he's trying to sound like Michael?

So let's assume the vocals aren't Michael. How sure are you that they aren't Porte or a mix of Porte + Michael? You are operating on a limited info on Porte (how he sounds like when he mimics Michael). Also Tennessee is a close accent to Maryland.

No but I doubt he would share all the same NON MJ vocal characteristics as Jason Malachi.

@Bumper , @Stella

I wonder if you have any idea how Michael Jackson sounds.

By the way, you seem to join kreen's wagon by saying that those vocals belong to MJ. As, apparently, according to kreen, MJ was wreck in 2007.

And Prince and Paris also said that he did not record those songs in that house. They lived in that same house. They would definitively hear something because it was "studio" in a room without proper isolation.

The kids were asked to write down the names of any and all songs that their father was working on at that time. Prince and Paris that is. The Cascio titles did not appear anywhere on the list.

I disagree. We don't know whether he recorded them or not. It doesn't confirm it either way. They could have hold on to Michael's vocals and not give them to this guy as he had no need for them to do a rough music mix (actually a lot time studio musicians are used in early work not the actual artist) and to overcome any possible leak. Didn't you ever hear the R. Kelly demos for example in which he changes his voice / pitch to match Michael?

Yes, but that is before the artist (for who he writes the demo) record his vocals. Those are guide vocals. But in this case they had Porte's guide vocals and later version of MJ's vocals recorded in 2007. Doesn't make sense.

I disagree. We don't know whether he recorded them or not. It doesn't confirm it either way. They could have hold on to Michael's vocals and not give them to this guy as he had no need for them to do a rough music mix (actually a lot time studio musicians are used in early work not the actual artist) and to overcome any possible leak. Didn't you ever hear the R. Kelly demos for example in which he changes his voice / pitch to match Michael?
Yes, but those were the writer's demos that R. Kelly gave to Michael. He sang the songs he wrote like MJ to give MJ a better impression of what it would sound like if he'd decide to record the songs himself. It makes sense that Porte could have done the same.

However, I have never heard that once MJ had decided to work on a song and had laid down vocals for it, musicians/producers/engineers who were brought in after that to work on the tracks were made to work with the original writer's demos. It's not impossible I guess, it just seems very strange to me.

I never drink the PR kool-aid when it comes to anything, and that has actually gotten me in trouble many times here. I've always believed that MJ recorded those songs as a favor to Eddie Cascio, because he was mooching off of them and staying at his place for free. I've always said that MJ in 2007 and later was a complete wreck, and I've never believed for a second the hype that "those are incredible MJ vocals, MJ was working his arse off". That's PR.

I also think that part of why the Cascios/Sony have not said too much regarding this controversy is because they didn't want to insist too much on the fact that they released guide vocals on a professional, "commercial" album. It's not exactly winning, from a PR point of view, to tell the general music-buying public they're paying for stuff that was never supposed to be released in the first place.

"complete wreck"?? Have you ever heard a song called Hold My Hand recorded few months later and he sounds beautiful as always. Or the song Wanna Be Startin' Something 2008 recorded in that very same studio on which he sounds amazing?

I can't wait for will.i.am and RedOne songs to come out. Then you'll be sorry for saying such nasty tabloid words.

Last edited:
MajesticMusic ?@MajesticMusicNY
Found out we weren't credited for the Michael Jackson recordings we did here on "Keep You're Head Up" and 3 others. Nice!

"complete wreck"?? Have you ever heard the song called Hold My Hand recorded few months later and he sounds beautiful as always. Or the song Wanna Be Startin' Something 2008 recorded in that very same studio on which he sounds amazing?

I can't wait for will.i.am and RedOne songs to come out. Then you'll be sorry for saying such nasty tabloid words.

I've lost patience with such people. They treat MJ a wreck and find it normal to sound like a soundalike and use any twisted argument to fit the theory that actually has no proof whatsoever.

We still have no worktapes, no nothing and yet the arguments are still in favor of the Cascio shadowing completely MJ's legacy. i am sick of it.

I've lost patience with such people. They treat MJ a wreck and find it normal to sound like a soundalike and use any twisted argument to fit the theory that actually has no proof whatsoever.

We still have no worktapes, no nothing and yet the arguments are still in favor of the Cascio shadowing completely MJ's legacy. i am sick of it.

A while back he was mocking the fact that Mj died with a condom catheter on. Why do people like that even come here?

I wonder if you have any idea how Michael Jackson sounds.

By the way, you seem to join kreen's wagon by saying that those vocals belong to MJ. As, apparently, according to kreen, MJ was wreck in 2007.

be nice. What kreen says has nothing to do what I say. you can't put his words to me. if you have an issue with him solve it with him. I'm not kreen and kreen is not me. and I know what I have been saying for a long time. Don't you remember years ago I asked you if you looked into Porte's pronunciation and accent and even sent you his song? So I'm not on anyone's wagon, many things are the same things I have been saying all along. Or did you forget the composite leads discussion I did with TPImaster again years ago?

A while back he was mocking the fact that Mj died with a condom catheter on. Why do people like that even come here?

I don't know. I just can unfortunately realize that Eddie's word is given more credit than showing actual proof for MJ's legacy sake. I just don't understand how can some peopel be so easily convinced that it is MJ without seeing any kind of corroborating proof, let alone the oddity in the voice.

Come to an argument that MJ sounded the way he sounds in the Cascio song is because he was a wreck is ill-twisted. As an MJ fan how not to be angry with such people or people supporting such theories?

Why do people like that are allowed to come here? That should be the question. Real MJ fans were banned from this community because of their love for MJ and because of their desire to fight for the truth. And people who actually spread hate are not..

I don't know. I just can unfortunately realize that Eddie's word is given more credit than showing actual proof for MJ's legacy sake. I just don't understand how can some peopel be so easily convinced that it is MJ without seeing any kind of corroborating proof, let alone the oddity in the voice.

Come to an argument that MJ sounded the way he sounds in the Cascio song is because he was a wreck is ill-twisted. As an MJ fan how not to be angry with such people or people supporting such theories?

But he wasn't a wreck when he recorded WBSS 2008 vocals!

MajesticMusic ?@MajesticMusicNY
Found out we weren't credited for the Michael Jackson recordings we did here on "Keep You're Head Up" and 3 others. Nice!
Before I posted that article, I tried to find the credits online. Also wondered if they were mentioned in the booklet. So that's a no.

be nice. What kreen says has nothing to do what I say. you can't put his words to me. if you have an issue with him solve it with him. I'm not kreen and kreen is not me. and I know what I have been saying for a long time. Don't you remember years ago I asked you if you looked into Porte's pronunciation and accent and even sent you his song? So I'm not on anyone's wagon, many things are the same things I have been saying all along. Or did you forget the composite leads discussion I did with TPImaster again years ago?

Ivy,

I have nothing personal against you, but your arguments join the same wagon as the kreen's. I never said you were kreen. What I meant was Kreen is a believer, you are a believer. The voice sounds strange to kreen, but he says it's Michael's and the reason why it sounds strange is because he was a wreck in 2007.

Now, I wonder. If a believer, such as kreen, hears that oddity and you don't hear any kind of oddity, I have actually no other choice but to wonder, what people actually do hear. Do they really know MJ's voice? And I am asking this question without wanting to offend anyone.

For the Porte's part, I don't know why you insist in researching his accent. If he's in the BG, it won't change a thing to the lead vocalist. If he was the lead vocalist, then the focus would have been on Porte.

This topic is too fast for any argument to really stick, it's kind of challenging to keep up. All I can say is that the amount of indications that the Cascio tracks are not Michael, are so immensely overwhelming when compared to the lack of any proof that it IS him... And that the burden of proof, considering what we know, rests with the believers of this Cascio myth.

Recently we've all heard two MJ's demos Al Capone and Price Of Fame. Why nobody questions MJ's vocals although they are deep and gritty? Because we all hear it is undoubtedly Michael Jackson. Why such a doubt with teh Cascio vocals?

Another interesting tidbit from that guy's site:

November 2009: Safire came by the studio to record a Spanish version of “This Is It”, the song written by Michael Jackson and Paul Anka which she originally recorded on her 1990 album I Wasn’t Born Yesterday. Angelo co-produced the track with Kenny Diaz.

Ivy,

I have nothing personal against you, but your arguments join the same wagon as the kreen's. I never said you were kreen. What I meant was Kreen is a believer, you are a believer. The voice sounds strange to kreen, but he says it's Michael's and the reason why it sounds strange is because he was a wreck in 2007.

let me be absolutely blunt. just because I'm a believer doesn't mean I think like kreen and think Michael was a "wreck". I don't. As I wrote a million times for the last two years my main point is based on my personal opinion that Malachi has an inferior technique than the current vocals at issue here. that's my personal wagon. Paula Abdul example also suggested a legal option of overlay, composite vocals, vocals supported by additional other vocals. that's my wagon for the last years. Porte has been an option for me as you also know. I have never been on the wagon of "michael was wreck and he had to pay for rent & food". That got nothing to do with me.

so please respectfully keep what kreen thinks out of the post you address to me. if you have a problem with him, discuss it with him not me. Come to me with stuff I actually said not with stuff you overgeneralize to every believer.

Ok, regarding people here who can't deal with the fact that MJ had HUGE mental and physical problems the last years of his life, well it's your problem if you choose to live in a make-believe world. Those of us who can deal with reality know how he died, and we've read the emails describing his last days, and we're mature enough to deal with those facts. I have nothing more to say about that.

Regarding everything else we've learned today, today was incredibly productive. To recap :

A MAJOR piece of information was right there under our nose the whole time, and none of us found it until today. So that should be a humbling experience for ALL of us.

All of the people who, for the last two years, have assumed that one Jason Malachi was the fake singer on the tracks, have now realized it was actually James Porte singing that "too bad" hook on "Monster". So anybody who thought that sounded either like Malachi OR MJ has just found out that their all-powerful ears are not so precise after all.

The post from the sound engineer PROOVES that MJ had indeed told the Cascios he was going to record the songs in London, so it proves that MJ at least knew about the songs. So the oft-repeated belief from the anti-Cascio people that MJ had not ever heard of those songs is proven to be false. It also shows that the fact that the Cascio songs were not on the list of songs MJ wrote down as possible songs for a new album is irrelevant : he still knew about the songs.

The Cascios told the engineer MJ had co-written the songs. Since they would have had no reason to say that if the songs had had NO input from MJ, it shows that MJ probably did "work" on those songs while he was at their place in 2007. Now, the extent of that work is unknown.

If MJ did know about the songs, and if he did "work" on them while in New Jersey, it stands to reason that, being in a studio with a couple of musicians, he certainly would have sung at least some of the lyrics into a microphone at some point.

Now, why were those vocals NOT on the tracks that were handed over to the engineer? Maybe it's because there never was ANY MJ vocals, in which case we would have to turn to the theory of an impersonator, which raises all of the implausibility issues we've discussed at length before.

Or maybe the vocals were not on the tracks because (aside from the fact they didn't want them to leak), they didn't have at that point any complete, usable vocals to put to those songs. ALL they had was those incomplete guide vocals, often in multiples takes that had broken down for a variety of reason, as is always the case when you record songs as you work on them.

So when MJ died, they took those incomplete vocals, spliced them and mixed them to make them presentable, and added a lot of James Porte, trying his best not to sound too unlike MJ so as not to be jarring, and put out those songs.

This makes perfect sense, and fits 100 % with what the official story has been all along.

Back