Michael - The Great Album Debate

The part where he sings "Let the fountain pouurrrrrrrr" is a real o_O ..It sounds really off.

Greetings,

All the paroxysms and hyperbole this track has arouse in the members aside we know that Michael did work on music with Eddie Cacsio. That the tracks may be pleasing or displeasing on the level of production is somewhat irrelevant since they were "finished" or "polished" at some later date, and this would be insubstantial to their legitimacy or lack thereof. The real question is whether or not Michael Jackson delivered the lead vocals. I apologize for being obdurate but it makes little difference if something sounds off or if a track sounds lacking. The question again is: is it MJ? Most who post here claim to hear Malachi. Everyone agrees that there is something strange in the vibrato, which no one at the Estate level has bothered explaining. Honestly we know next to nothing about these tracks. What kind of equipment was used to record them, what were Michael's intentions supposing they are his songs, i.e, where these vocals meant as placeholders for future reference, etc. Part of me wonders if these vocals would have been brought under question if Malachi had never issued his "Let Me Let Go" and fooled half the MJ fan-base. Knowing that a vocalist can get close to MJ makes one wonder, doesn't it. . .

These are just a few thoughts occasioned by the leaking of Burn Tonight.

Greetings,

All the paroxysms and hyperbole this track has arouse in the members aside we know that Michael did work on music with Eddie Cacsio. That the tracks may be pleasing or displeasing on the level of production is somewhat irrelevant since they were "finished" or "polished" at some later date, and this would be insubstantial to their legitimacy or lack thereof. The real question is whether or not Michael Jackson delivered the lead vocals. I apologize for being obdurate but it makes little difference if something sounds off or if a track sounds lacking. The question again is: is it MJ? Most who post here claim to hear Malachi. Everyone agrees that there is something strange in the vibrato, which no one at the Estate level has bothered explaining. Honestly we know next to nothing about these tracks. What kind of equipment was used to record them, what were Michael's intentions supposing they are his songs, i.e, where these vocals meant as placeholders for future reference, etc. Part of me wonders if these vocals would have been brought under question if Malachi had never issued his "Let Me Let Go" and fooled half the MJ fan-base. Knowing that a vocalist can get close to MJ makes one wonder, doesn't it. . .

These are just a few thoughts occasioned by the leaking of Burn Tonight.

I agree with the highlighted part. I actually don't think Jason Malachi sounds like Michael. When I listen to his songs, I can clearly tell the difference. But (a big but), there are moments in his songs that can confuse me. In some parts, his voice does sound very MJ-esque. To me, all the Cascio tracks sound MJ-esque - sound like Michael, but not exactly him. So, it really makes me wonder. With today's studio technology, multiple takes, vocal stacking, vocal editings, can Jason Malachi or some other vocalists manage to sing the Cascio tracks? A fan with an old computer can create a new song by autotuning Michael's voice. The end result is surprisingly good.

So, there are actually many possibilities.

I occasionally go back throughout this thread and read posts. All I have to say is:

I love you guys! :lmao: :lmao:

:wub:

I occasionally go back throughout this thread and read posts. All I have to say is:

Love ya too, Arky! :D

Also, does Burn Tonight have Spanish sung in it? I can't really hear where it is. Sad thing is, I've always wanted a Salsa-type Michael Jackson song... It's really the only genre missing from his discography to my recollection.

I agree with the highlighted part. I actually don't think Jason Malachi sounds like Michael. When I listen to his songs, I can clearly tell the difference. But (a big but), there are moments in his songs that can confuse me. In some parts, his voice does sound very MJ-esque. To me, all the Cascio tracks sound MJ-esque - sound like Michael, but not exactly him. So, it really makes me wonder. With today's studio technology, multiple takes, vocal stacking, vocal editings, can Jason Malachi or some other vocalists manage to sing the Cascio tracks? A fan with an old computer can create a new song by autotuning Michael's voice. The end result is surprisingly good.

So, there are actually many possibilities.

Another question then: the "believers" are said to rely on arguments that are at best reaching and at worst delusional. But the "doubters" when asked why the vocal quality is so poor on the Cacsio tracks, assuming an imposter was employed, come off with equally reaching and delusional explanations--"they did it to confuse us!" If they got poor Malachi or some other imposter to record the vocals why is the recording quality so beat up? I don't think there is enough weight to either argument. All we have is speculation and reasonable doubt.

Also, has anyone speculated on the vibrato? It doesn't sound human. It doesn't match Malachi's in my hearing. Nor does it sound like MJ. Does anyone know what a vibrato sounds like when it is run through a pitch manipulating software?

Also, does Burn Tonight have Spanish sung in it? I can't really hear where it is. Sad thing is, I've always wanted a Salsa-type Michael Jackson song... It's really the only genre missing from his discography to my recollection.

haha... arky and jesta the boobie talks... :naughty:

Another question then: the "believers" are said to rely on arguments that are at best reaching and at worst delusional. But the "doubters" when asked why the vocal quality is so poor on the Cacsio tracks, assuming an imposter was employed, come off with equally reaching and delusional explanations--"they did it to confuse us!" If they got poor Malachi or some other imposter to record the vocals why is the recording quality so beat up? I don't think there is enough weight to either argument. All we have is speculation and reasonable doubt.

Also, has anyone speculated on the vibrato? It doesn't sound human. It doesn't match Malachi's in my hearing. Nor does it sound like MJ. Does anyone know what a vibrato sounds like when it is run through a pitch manipulating software?

We have to consider the fact that Jason Malachi or any other vocalists is not Michael Jackson. It doesn't matter how many takes such vocalist takes, he can never sound like Michael Jackson in one take. If so, such vocalist should have achieved global fame by now. The recording quality is not so beat up. As far as I know, the songs were still recorded in a studio; albeit an amateur one. It's the PRODUCTION quality that is so beat up. The songs contain multiple takes, chopped up vocals, cut and paste vocals...

I mentioned in my prior post that I don't think Jason sounds like Michael in 100% of his songs, he sounds like MJ only in parts. So, I highly doubt he or anyone can manage to sound like MJ in a one-take vocal. But, if he's asked to sing one line at a time or even one word at a time. Who knows what studio magic can do?

The question of the vibrato has been beaten to death. It sounds exactly like Malachi's unprocessed acapella vibrato sans studio. It also sounds exactly like Malachi's studio vibrato as well. In addition, there hasn't been any authentic MJ vibrato that matches up with the vibrato we've heard on every single Cascio track so far.

Jesta;3447677 said:

I heard it and there is a girl at the start, like in "MAMACITA", who said "quema esta noche", "burn tonight" in english, and then "mi amor".

Yeah, it´s a "Mamacita v.2".

That's understandable but then to be fair, should you really be debating and defending these songs without being in full posession of the currently available evidence? What leaked yesterday isn't "just another Cascio track", it is a song that is far more difficult to defend because it is so blatantly Jason Cupeta singing. It has changed the minds of quite a few believers. Also, I presume that means you've not heard Slave To The Rhythm, Blue Gangster, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Escape, She Got It, Work That Body and if If You Dont Love Me to name but a few? Or do you just not want to listen to Burn 2Nite for fear that you will have to concede that you have been wrong to defend these songs. I think this debate needs to end so that we can focous our energy on making it clear to Sony that we don't want this to happen again. No more Cascio tracks should ever be used on any future product under any circumstances.

I didn't say I didn't hear all the leaks. I heard most of them after some time. Last leak I heard was Soldier Boy. Any leak / snippet after that I haven't heard.

and no the reason of I don't listen to "Burn 2 nite" is not because I'm afraid that my opinion will change, it's because I know that it's "allegedly" stolen and I don't want "allegedly" stolen property on my computer.

and my initial post had nothing to do "defending" any song. I only pointed out calling other people's opinions "excuses" was disrespectful. It stands for any opinion.

haha... arky and jesta the boobie talks... :naughty:

How did you know the name of my new book!? Though you forgot the ":" part :p

And thank you for that, Kapital! I thought that the singer actually sang a bit of Spanish within the song, and not just the person at the beginning.

^^ Jesta, you wrote a book about boobies? :p

... No. Call it plagarism, but our conversations about boobies have weirdly been so plentiful that I've been literally able to fill a book about it!

^^i'll buy that boobie book... :naughty:

okay, back to burn 2nite. let's say the song is play by our local radio station dj, if the dj doesn't tell who the vocalis is, can we tell the song is a "Michael Jackson song"?

^^i'll buy that boobie book... :naughty:

okay, back to burn 2nite. let's say the song is play by our local radio station dj, if the dj doesn't tell who the vocalis is, can we tell the song is a "Michael Jackson song"?

Pre-orders take place after I've made the cover :naughty:

Well, my mind would immediately skip to MJ due to the similar voice, but I'd then recognize the flaws in the voice, the inaccuracies. The "hee-hee"s just sound too un-exercised and youthful, and you'd think that they would get a vocal from a previous song, but those ad-libs fit in perfectly with the vocalist.

:shifty:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Fake or real? :naughty: What?? Whether or not something is real or fake pertains to the thread ;)

Whatever you want it to be... :naughty: You'll all see the end result possibly tomorrow...

There's Spanish in Carry On/Stay too. "Te quiero, I love you, say goodbye" (I didn't see that mentioned. Unless I missed it)

There's Spanish in Carry On/Stay too. "Te quiero, I love you, say goodbye" (I didn't see that mentioned. Unless I missed it)

Wait, that was Spanish!? Imagine if Malachi got out of this entire fiasco by saying that "Jason Malachi" wasn't involved with the recordings, but "Jason Cupeta" was...

Back