Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

POP legend Michael Jackson's last DVD is set to be released in November 2010. According to Rodney Jerkins, this latest and last DVD containing 10 unreleased tracks will hit the shelves in November.

Rodney Jerkins, who produced 2001's 'Invisible' [Jackson's final studio album before his death in 2009] is preparing the tracks on the disk.

The album is reportedly set to be the first step of seven-year, US$ 250 million deal between the Jackson estate and Sony Music that will include new albums, releases and other projects with the King of Pop's distinctive stamp.

Music critics are apprehending a huge hit of the new album of Michael Jackson. They believe, it will knock-down Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Kesha.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/967/michael-jacksons-last-dvd-this-november

we already know this much or more
just a romour from SONYBMG persons the new album will called-
-a beautiful soul of michael-
im not sure which songs will be on it
im not sure what day in november it will come out
no tv/magzine adds yet
i know a redio station that can play music you chose on the internet
http://www.929.com.au/

Regarding radios, I think you are underestimating its importance. Although we have other means to promote songs such as Youtube, Facebook, etc, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that radios remain a huge influence in the music industry worldwide. Today people might watch more tv and surf on internet, however radios are still in force everywher in every single country around the world. Take for example café bars, restaurants, shopping malls, all kinds of shop, cars (especially when people are stuck in traffic jams), hairdressers, waiting rooms, airports, train stations, subway, supermarkets,... everyday we are being hammered and brainwashed by the music we actually even don't choose to listen to.

i'm not underestimating radio, but i think you're overestimating it. i think the underestimation is of Michael Jackson, here.

i'm not brainwashed by radio. and there are others who are not. a lot of time, people have ipods instead of radio. a lot time in restaurants, people have muzak. not radio. if anything, if a song gets played too much on radio, people can backlash against it. and the artist can very well feel forced to do something stupid..like Lady Gaga is doing now.

so it totally depends on the situation. it's case by case.

but radio is not the be all end all..and it can be done without, in this age. i'm already noticing a rebellion on this site, of some members who have gotten esoteric, with their musical taste, as part of a revolt against radio. so it's not all that black and white, and simple, that it's radio or die.

if Michael had to depend on radio, these past SEVEN years, none of yall would be on this site, right now.

the fact is, i'm seeing all kinds of FAN made Michael Jackson video compilations, of songs of his that i NEVER heard on the radio. Superfly Sister and songs of that ilk.

Last edited:

i'm not underestimating radio, but i think you're overestimating it. i think the underestimation is of Michael Jackson, here.

i'm not brainwashed by radio. and there are others who are not. a lot of time, people have ipods instead of radio. a lot time in restaurants, people have muzak. not radio. if anything, if a song gets played too much on radio, people can backlash against it. and the artist can very well feel forced to do something stupid..like Lady Gaga is doing now.

so it totally depends on the situation. it's case by case.

but radio is not the be all end all..and it can be done without, in this age. i'm already noticing a rebellion on this site, of some members who have gotten esoteric, with their musical taste, as part of a revolt against radio. so it's not all that black and white, and simple, that it's radio or die.

if Michael had to depend on radio, these past SEVEN years, none of yall would be on this site, right now.

I see your point. I am not saying all depends on radios, however these latter remain a huge influence thanks (or because of) the simplicity of spreading the waves. No sophisitcated or overexpensive tool is required to listen to the radio. Whereas all other tools need computers, internet connection, screens, (illegal) downloadings, or paying downloadings, etc. By the way, what people listen on their i-pods or mp3 players is generally music that they heard on TV or radio. Which, in the end, means that music first passes through airwaves before landing on our mp3 player. Just to clarify some things, it is not because some people discover a song on youtube or tv that they didn't already played it on the radio waves. Usually radios are the first source (before a video has been made, hence difficult to broadcast it on TV). What is more, I am not defendig blindly my position on the importance of the radios, I simply realize that now even the TV channels broadcast radio programmes all night long and even a big part of the morning, not to mention the possibility to listen to the radio stations via internet.

As far as brainwashing is concerned, we all are, whether we like it or not. If it's played on the radio, it's a hit. If not, you'll have lots of difficulty to convince people that the song you like and which is not aired is --probably-- better than the everyday music you hear on the radio.

I see your point. I am not saying all depends on radios, however these latter remain a huge influence thanks (or because of) the simplicity of spreading the waves. No sophisitcated or overexpensive tool is required to listen to the radio. Whereas all other tools need computers, internet connection, screens, (illegal) downloadings, or paying downloadings, etc. By the way, what people listen on their i-pods or mp3 players is generally music that they heard on TV or radio. Which, in the end, means that music first passes through airwaves before landing on our mp3 player. Just to clarify some things, it is not because some people discover a song on youtube or tv that they didn't already played it on the radio waves. Usually radios are the first source (before a video has been made, hence difficult to broadcast it on TV). What is more, I am not defendig blindly my position on the importance of the radios, I simply realize that now even the TV channels broadcast radio programmes all night long and even a big part of the morning, not to mention the possibility to listen to the radio stations via internet.

As far as brainwashing is concerned, we all are, whether we like it or not. If it's played on the radio, it's a hit. If not, you'll have lots of difficulty to convince people that the song you like and which is not aired is --probably-- better than the everyday music you hear on the radio.

the fact that the other technology is complex is irrelevant, because the technology is in use now.

and the idea that all music has been heard on the radio first is wrong. some, but not all music has been heard on the radio, first.

but we are talking Michael Jackson. did we hear Another Day snippet on the radio? no. did we hear Hold My Hand on the radio? no. did we hear Xscape on the radio? no.

did we hear Speechless on the radio? most likely no.

there are so many songs of Michael's that people are clamoring for that have not been heard on the radio.

and i repeat, i have not been brainwashed by the radio. and there are way more people than you give credit that also have not been brainwashed by radio.
i have all kinds of equipment. a radio is something i actually don't have. and i am not alone.

i'm not discounting radio.

i'm just saying it's not needed to survive musically. the world is much bigger than that.

i'm not talking about yesterday. i'm talking about today. what led to today's technology has no bearing on the fact that the latter tech is here right now. TODAY, music can survive without radio. maybe not many yesterdays ago, but, today.

and actually, Michael was quoted as saying that the initial success of Off The Wall was because of word of mouth. not radio.

at the end of the day, radio or not, great music is its own power. and no radio in the world can help bad music.

there are acts that get much radio play, and the artists are still starving. and other acts that get no radio, and are doing financially well.

i'm simply stressing that it's not a dependency thing, but i can see we agree on that much.

Last edited:

the fact that the other technology is complex is irrelevant, because the technology is in use now.

and the idea that all music has been heard on the radio first is wrong. some, but not all music has been heard on the radio, first.

but we are talking Michael Jackson. did we hear Another Day snippet on the radio? no. did we hear Hold My Hand on the radio? no. did we hear Xscape on the radio? no.

there are so many songs of Michael's that people are clamoring for that have not been heard on the radio.

and i repeat, i have not been brainwashed by the radio. and there are way more people than you give credit that also have not been brainwashed by radio.
i have all kinds of equipment. a radio is something i actually don't have. and i am not alone.

i'm just saying it's not needed to survive musically. the world is much bigger than that.

LOL, this thread will become a debate on the importance of the radio. Anyway, it is important to discuss it as the Michael Jackson's new album is about to come out. It is important to see which way is the best to promote it. I believe that radios should hammer all over the places with MJ's new music.

As far as to know if something is irrelevant, we can't ignore the rest of the world or a huge part of the society from our respective countries who are clueless how to use computers and i-pods. As I can see your status says that you are from the US. I am from the EU. In our respective countries it might be partially irrelevant because it is easy to access the digital technology. Even so, you would be surprised to learn how many people still today are computer illiterate and are unable to use the world of the digital technology. Anyway, how about other countries? People cannot easily afford the same technology all over the world, and there radios are probably the best source for new music, especially in less developed and underdeveloped countries.

Regarding the MJ's mentioned songs such as Hold my hand, Xscape or Speechless, by your statement you have just proved that even if our name is Michael Jackson without being airplayed the songs remain unknown to the general public. If you ask fans, yes they know about those songs. If you ask general public... well you'll see if they know or not those songs if you ask them, and that despite the fact that Speechless was available in stores on Invincible album.

Yes, indeed leaks come out on Internet first, but only a limited number of people hear them, just because it is not aired easily and on the larger scale. This leads me to believe that Internet despite the leaks has not much influence within the general public.

Concerning your radio possession, actually you do possess it, it's your computer connected to Interenet, and if you have digital tv, you probably have all the national radio channels along with your digital tv. You can't XSCAPE from the radio presence. Even if you don't intend to have it, you have it lol.

i'm not talking about yesterday. i'm talking about today. what led to today's technology has no bearing on the fact that the latter tech is here right now. TODAY, music can survive without radio. maybe not many yesterdays ago, but, today.

and actually, Michael was quoted as saying that the initial success of Off The Wall was because of word of mouth. not radio.

at the end of the day, radio or not, great music is its own power. and no radio in the world can help bad music.

there are acts that get much radio play, and the artists are still starving. and other acts that get no radio, and are doing financially well.

i'm simply stressing that it's not a dependency thing, but i can see we agree on that much.

p.s. Radios indeed can help bad songs to become huge hits. I'll provide you the link where radios all over the world played a tremendeously and awefully horrible song which was a huge hit. Either I have bad taste or this song is as bad as I described. It is Crystal Water's "Gypsy Woman" check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KztNIg4cvE&ob=av2e

awwwfully boring

Ah, how much I'd love the single to be a crazy club banger feel-good song! :party:

But, I'll take whatever they have for us.

Ah, how much I'd love the single to be a crazy club banger feel-good song! :party:

But, I'll take whatever they have for us.

Me too, we truly miss Michael's fast songs.

It's easily possible that Another Day won't be the lead single for the album. Lenny said it would be ages ago, but things change. Lenny isn't the authority on the album. I think Sony will be the deciding influence on the single. Afterall, even Michael Jackson himself didn't have complete power over Sony in selecting the lead single of Invincible. Michael wanted Unbreakable with a big budget video. Sony allocated a lesser budget and told MJ to make a video for YRMW. Sony might get the album and decide that Another Day is the wrong option, and choose another song, and make a video for that song and release it.

Thats just me speculating tho.

If Another Day isn't the lead single, I'm going to guess I'm Dreamin' is.

Dunno if posted but Teddy Rilet tweetng more about an MJ project he's in:

- My first day Wednesday on the MJ project. I couldn't hold back the tears. I also couldn't hold back on what would make him proud of me. about 9 hours ago via HTC Peep

- This is my second day and I'm gonna do a hard uptempo to keep my spirits up. about 9 hours ago via HTC Peep

- I'm gonna make my visit to MJ next week I need to feel his presents while I'm doing this. Inspiration!! about 9 hours ago via HTC Peep

^^^

MJ isn't dead so he just goes to visit him. lol. - No, very bad joke :lol:

Correct, but not entirely.

He thanked all DJ's who played his music on clubs and all radios that played his music. He thanked them for spreading his music.

He has done so many times in thank-speechess at award shows etc.

I am trying to find a video :) - but no matter what, the word of mouth is important.

Back when Thriller was released it was COOL being a MJ fan, if you wanted to be one of the gang, you had to have the jacket, short pants, the socks all the stuff MJ wore. That is what SONY has to do with this new album, it has to be IN to be a MJ fan. The youngsters should think MJ's the coolest person ever and is album is a must have. That way he will get the generation that buys the most CD's. - the teenagers.

l know it's fake but it's good tracklist.

l know it's fake but it's good tracklist.
Sure you'd want The Way You Love Me and Beaitufl Girl which are already released pluss Hot Street which is already leaked?

And "Never", "Dark day", "Say Yes" and "Lie To Me" aren't even real. I've never heard of them.

l know but it's cool if it was say yes ..........are real.

Teddy Riley must have meant "presence" instead of "presents" because what "presents" of Michael's could he "feel" by "visiting MJ next week?"

:laugh:

He seems very excited about working on the album though.:)

I trust Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins & others who have worked tirelessly with MJ in the past to do a good job on this album. They know what he likes and what he doesn't. Some people have already set it up to fail and that's a real shame. I will buy it and love it just because its MJ. I hope they release 10 more albums. (with new songs of course. No more previous released material.)

As far as radio play, YRMW and Butterflies (original version and eve remix) were on blast out here in Detroit. It was all over the place. Sooo many people out here bought that album. BET played the video all the time too. I dont care what some say about that not being good work from MJ. In my opinion it is some of his best work, not the best album, but best work. The beats are just amazing! It was modern and it fit with the times. It was fresh and new material. Great stuff for an older MJ.

This is looking very bleak... I still think there will be an album this year but so little info is so frustrating... O.O

This is looking very bleak... I still think there will be an album this year but so little info is so frustrating... O.O

There is no way to be frustated. I just think it's business and it's normal that nothing has been revealed about this new album until now because we have still 3 months before the planned november.

Just for example, I'm a Take 6 fan (it's an acapella jazz group). I'm friend with some of the members on Facebook and Claude McKnight, a singer of the group, announced in this early year (I think March or April) that they were going to release a new christmas album this fall year. He teased us with some promo videos of the group recording parts in the studio during the next weeks and now, on 3rd September, he announced that the album is coming on 5th October !!!!!!

So it's less than one month before the release. So now, as a fan, I know the release date, I know the front cover, I know the tracklist and the during time of the tracks.

I think it's the same for MJ. We'll get nothing until October cause now it is too early if the Estate hasn't planned a single during the next days. They will announce something when the single release will be planned. That's how I see this moment. We're waiting for nothing now cause nothing will come until October. They did the same for the This Is It soundtrack, so I think the announcement will come very soon, but not this month.

It is still the teasing time. As Take 6 did, the persons who are working on the album are teasing us with status (see recent Teddy Riley and Lenny Kravitz tweets) before the final announcement ;)

We must just wait and see ;)

I'm really hoping the single is Another Day. After Hold my Hand, One More Chance, the Katrina single I just know whatever the first single is it will probably be some weak ballad. that's all we have had new to listen to in the last 9 years. 3 ballads.

Thriller's first single was The Girl Is Mine. Bad's first was IJCSLY. Michael's other albums were hot hits to start off. So it is probably 50/50 chance between a ballad or a club banger.

Back when Thriller was released it was COOL being a MJ fan, if you wanted to be one of the gang, you had to have the jacket, short pants, the socks all the stuff MJ wore. That is what SONY has to do with this new album, it has to be IN to be a MJ fan. The youngsters should think MJ's the coolest person ever and is album is a must have. That way he will get the generation that buys the most CD's. - the teenagers.

Or nowadays - download via Itunes.
But i agree on everything that you've said.

Thriller's first single was The Girl Is Mine. Bad's first was IJCSLY. Michael's other albums were hot hits to start off. So it is probably 50/50 chance between a ballad or a club banger.
Doubt that. Nowadays, everybody wants "club bangers".

I dont want them to rush it. If its taking so long then there must be a good reason for it, so be patient :) You've waited 9 years, I think a few more months isnt going to hurt.

Back