Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

From the short snippet that was leaked, I like A Place With No Name. And I know that wasn't the final version of it.

So we've got Another Day and APWNN confirmed to be on the album. That leaves 8 tracks.

^^
Anka said LNFSG would make the album. 7...

^Sure about LNFSG? I thought this album was supposed to flow?

I don't trust Anka if he said that it was making the album. I really would doubt it.

It just sucks that it's taking Sony so long to make a official anouncement of...well.....anything. Something concrete, something confirmed.

^Was thought to be a front runner for a long time but now with the confirmed Wil tracks plus with Riley and Jerkins on board for producing, it's looking less likely I am told. Again I will remind you that I don't know the confirmed tracklist.

^ Hold My Hand, the solo version, should be some kind of bonus track.

What about Red One's track?

Yes and we should all help promote the singles if there are any.

We should all make frequent requests for the song(s) to be played on local radio stations and Music TV stations. With demand from the listeners, the songs will get airplay and with airplay, sales could be boosted, which in turn could help album sales.
MJ didn't received a lot of airplay in the years before he died and after the failure that was the TII song, radio may not be so willing to play another new MJ song quite so willingly.

a song isn't a failure just because it isn't played on the radio. albums have sold well without radio, before.

Many fans seem to be disappointed by the number of the tracks. But I think it is a good thing to have "only" ten tracks.

Today everything goes so fast that people don't even have time to appreciate the moment. So back in the 80s I remember when I had listened for the first time the THRILLER album on a cassette. It was so exciting to read all the songs and to discover them carefully one by one. It was like discovering a delicious meal with a starter, main course and desert. People used to take time to appreciate the songs. The fact that there were only ten songs, forced people to listen to them carefully. In any case more carefully than when there are more songs.

When BAD came out, there were also only ten songs. I just can't explain with words what a wonderful feeling was to discover the songs one by one. Rewind the cassette (which also used to take a certain time), re-listen to the song, paying attention to all the little details.

Today we want quantity and forget quality, and when we are not happy with the first notes we just skip 'cuz we know there's quantity (and also because we have become impatient). Yes we were carrying heavy walkmans with only ten songs compared today with ipods and mp3 players, but damn, instead of having 3000 songs that can't be lisitened correctly in one day, we were plainly enjoying the good old stereo of the few songs the albums had to offer.

As far as the new album is concerned, I have a theory. I might be completely wrong, but I wonder if some songs were not supposed to be sung at the THIS IS IT tour and that have been kept until now to be released on this new album with an accompanying video of unreleased THIS IS IT scenes which are actually rehearsals of those new songs. It's just a guess, but it would be pity if there were no scenes of rehearsals of the new songs.

^ I know for a fact there are dozens of songs that would make great album hits. If they wanted to there could be 15 amazing songs on there. But they want 10, so they have more left over for another album plus other releases in the future.

Well, of course that's what they're doing. That's disappointing...

It would be nice if fans help with promotion

Many fans seem to be disappointed by the number of the tracks. But I think it is a good thing to have "only" ten tracks.

Today everything goes so fast that people don't even have time to appreciate the moment. So back in the 80s I remember when I had listened for the first time the THRILLER album on a cassette. It was so exciting to read all the songs and to discover them carefully one by one. It was like discovering a delicious meal with a starter, main course and desert. People used to take time to appreciate the songs. The fact that there were only ten songs, forced people to listen to them carefully. In any case more carefully than when there are more songs.

When BAD came out, there were also only ten songs. I just can't explain with words what a wonderful feeling was to discover the songs one by one. Rewind the cassette (which also used to take a certain time), re-listen to the song, paying attention to all the little details.

Today we want quantity and forget quality, and when we are not happy with the first notes we just skip 'cuz we know there's quantity (and also because we have become impatient). Yes we were carrying heavy walkmans with only ten songs compared today with ipods and mp3 players, but damn, instead of having 3000 songs that can't be lisitened correctly in one day, we were plainly enjoying the good old stereo of the few songs the albums had to offer.

As far as the new album is concerned, I have a theory. I might be completely wrong, but I wonder if some songs were not supposed to be sung at the THIS IS IT tour and that have been kept until now to be released on this new album with an accompanying video of unreleased THIS IS IT scenes which are actually rehearsals of those new songs. It's just a guess, but it would be pity if there were no scenes of rehearsals of the new songs.

I like your theory and pray it becomes a reality. :angel:

It would be nice if fans help with promotion

hmm that idea sounds familiar. oh yea... i said it a few pages ago.

but ur right i do think that will help with promotion.

Had you taken time to read throug the thread you would have noticed that I already have corrected myself, I meant LP (vinyl).

But I agree with most that sales over 10 million will be a HUGE succes, but I actually think it will sell 15 million in 4-5 years if the songs are good and with heavy promotion. It all depends on the material though.

But as someone said, I think it was GinnyJackson, we the fans shall help promoting the album as good as we can. I now that this year ALL the gifts I give for X-mas will be this album. To friends and family etc. We can help promote the album via myspace, twitter, facebook, make arrangements, meet-ups to celebrate MJ and especially the new album - ALL that will bring attention on the new album will be positive!

Sorry, sometimes I am too exhausted after a day full of kids to read through every post I just respond when I read it. Did not mean any disrespect.

*animate Michael for a full 3D music video. The first full 3D music video to air to television...

LOL- I was just thinking that- Isn't sony pushing this 3d technology full force with their tvs. Well then why not have a 3D music video- the first one by no other than MJ who always pushed the envelope. That would be sooo fitting.

^ I know for a fact there are dozens of songs that would make great album hits. If they wanted to there could be 15 amazing songs on there. But they want 10, so they have more left over for another album plus other releases in the future.

It makes sense. If they release all the great stuff now, then what is left? It'll be nice to look forward to many more great tracks in other releases. Good marketing move imo.

While I can understand your concern, Elvis has been marketed for years since his death, and most of the material was just rehashes and re-releases of re-releases. It's wiser for the estate to save material, so they aren't releasing the same things for years to come, I don't believe Michael's fanbase is going to change or desert new material any time soon, so from a marketing standpoint, it's the wisest decision for them.

I agree

^^
The writers confirmed it... "conincidentally" just before SC did.

I wouldn't take the word of the writers- that article could've been based on pure speculation of APWNN release.

From the short snippet that was leaked, I like A Place With No Name. And I know that wasn't the final version of it.

So we've got Another Day and APWNN confirmed to be on the album. That leaves 8 tracks.

I like it too, but with 10 songs, I would rather they all be original tracks-

^^
Anka said LNFSG would make the album. 7...

What does he know about the new album- nothing LOL

^Sure about LNFSG? I thought this album was supposed to flow?

I don't trust Anka if he said that it was making the album. I really would doubt it.

You are so right. The first thing I thought when Branca said it would flow is HOORAY NO LNFSG

LNFSG will not make the album

THANKS GOODNESS:D

but surely it's not up to the standard, it will just sound cheesy and out of place

The leaked version of the song that we have might not be the only version out there. There might be an alternate demo that is more finished sounding. The leaked version is still really good though. I know what you mean about it being out of place on a new material album of modern tracks... who knows they may take the music track off, and put Michael's vocals on a new music mix so that it is newer.

What is LNFSG? :blink:

but I wonder if some songs were not supposed to be sung at the THIS IS IT tour and that have been kept until now to be released on this new album with an accompanying video of unreleased THIS IS IT scenes which are actually rehearsals of those new songs. It's just a guess, but it would be pity if there were no scenes of rehearsals of the new songs.

That would be super cool.

Your welcome :)

I like it to but i would rather have it 100% finished. At the end you can hear him talk to someone.

Yeh im the same, i would like it 100% finished too.

Oh well.... I see the "official" announcement never came around MJ's b-day.
Nevermind, we have to keep waiting.
But the love 10 songs / why just 10 songs had been our topic for such a long time.
I wish we could have some new real info.
but whatever. September is already here, so 2 months to go.

WOWOWW!!!!

I just want to hear his voice again. Its been so long. I miss him so damn much

Back