Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Is the promotion for "Michael" something you never saw before or is it just normal promoting?Do we see something special as a promotion?

always saw good promotion from Sony except for Invincible. This time i think they know/feel the importance of the record. I think (and I know) that in US people are going crazy. Protecting their job, tracks, strategy and studying everything.

We'll have the first airplay on radio from 6th to 9th Dec. , then TV spot from 9th to 23th Dec. Megastore are being letterally "full" of stand up, posters and everything related to the album right now as i speaking. TV exposed on the shelf of some biggest store will be used by Sony to show their TV ads exclusively, they made an exclusive agreement to do it with their advertisements inside magastores using all the TV screens you can see around you.

In my country already had a 50min TV special with the premiere of "One More Chance" last November 24th and the promotional expenses are "now" more than 3 times bigger than any other succesfull actual-singer like Shakira or Springsteen...

So.... i think it's a massive promotion right now.

Ele74

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if there will be a new sort of promoting using the internet?

Do you know if the booklet of MICHAEL will be a foldout?

Will there be posters to buy?

sorry again for all my questions, but I do know you are the "promotion" expert :)

Love

anyone heard the longer snippet of blue gangster? i love it! way better than breaking news, just my opinion. cant wait to hear 50 cent sing on that track too, because the version i've heard before was with tempamental. but this one seems a lot better, just because mike is singing so much, instead of just the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjhyV48zAaI

Last edited:
always saw good promotion from Sony except for Invincible. This time i think they know/feel the importance of the record. I think (and I know) that in US people are going crazy. Protecting their job, tracks, strategy and studying everything.

We'll have the first airplay on radio from 6th to 9th Dec. , then TV spot from 9th to 23th Dec. Megastore are being letterally "full" of stand up, posters and everything related to the album right now as i speaking. TV exposed on the shelf of some biggest store will be used by Sony to show their TV ads exclusively, they made an exclusive agreement to do it with their advertisements inside magastores using all the TV screens you can see around you.

In my country already had a 50min TV special with the premiere of "One More Chance" last November 24th and the promotional expenses are "now" more than 3 times bigger than any other succesfull actual-singer like Shakira or Springsteen...

So.... i think it's a massive promotion right now.

Ele74

I watched that show "Emozioni" but I was really hoping for something more focused on the MICHAEL album.:yes:
Surely a step in the right direction

Hi Eleonora,

Can you say something more about "Behind the Mask"?

Behind the Mask is one of my fav like HT. First thing that you notice is that, as for HT, the song start in a way and turn itself in something different, in HT there's a church choir at the beginning, here we have a special "live" intro. Listening i immediately thought to Dire Straits live if you know what i'm talking about, and this sensation of "live" (Dirty Diana style) sometimes .... just after that it's the music that will shake your ass before Michael's voice. It's like somekind of energy song and the impression is the same for HT, pure Michael's energy with some "retro" disco feelings. Please try to understand that I'm speaking about sensations, I like "to feel" the music, and try to understand if the music arrives to me... and in both cases (HT and BTM) you'll move your feet for sure.

You can hear the energy, with the music first, and then with Michael's voice. I feel the same energy of We're Here to Change The World of Captain Eo to give you an example for both songs. They're "pop songs", with a "retro" style that in both case it reminds me to Off The Wall, the disco, clubs... these kind of things.

If i remember well
, i don't think it will be easy to airplay 'cause it's about 5 min., one of the longest but it's one of my choice for a single with HT, Much too soon and Another day.

Ele74

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if there will be a new sort of promoting using the internet?
Yes, internet is already used for promotion... we're currently working with sony
for a viral campaign probably on michaeljackson.com, i don't know if every country has its own ideas to grow up.

Do you know if the booklet of MICHAEL will be a foldout?

If i remember well could be a digipack edition with 16 pages booklet. But I'm not 100% sure... that's all i know.

Will there be posters to buy?

There will be posters for promotion. Yes. To buy, i don't know... but it's a design that perfeclty fit the poster so I'm confident yes.... for now i can see some Black & White/color t-shirts with the cover MICHAEL to buy. Out mid december.

sorry again for all my questions, but I do know you are the "promotion" expert :)

Love
Ele74

I thought 50 was on Monster, not Blue Gangster?

i think your right. i just got them mixed up. well, if blue gangster is all michael, that's even better! i also noticed theres a thread for the BG snippet already, so ill go there.

I'm just wandering if plans for an extended version of MICHAEL are still on the way

no one ever talked about an extended version of MICHAEL. (if extended means a record with more songs or different package with extra)

Ele74

no one ever talked about an extended version of MICHAEL. (if extended means a record with more songs or different package with extra)

Ele74

Actually it was first Smooth talking here about a possible MICHAEL reloaded, something on the lines of Usher Versus or GaGa the Fame Monster.
Possibly titled MICHAEL::THE FUTURE feauturing the tracks that Mr. BRANCA promised to be on MICHAEL, the Will I. Am. stuff and possibly one cut with Rodney Jerkins! surely those are in the vaults, but i'm asking you: when and is this still possible?:cheeky:

hey ele is sony impressed with the porject b/c i read in the artilce where a journalist got to listen to it and it's really good?

It's only for people in Canada right now I'm told. It's done randomly country by country.

Also, since promotion has begun on I-tunes today, MICHAEL is now at #80 (up 50 positions today alone!)

It should hit #1 on most I-tunes by Dec 12th and stay there through the 14th

It's only for people in Canada right now I'm told. It's done randomly country by country.

Also, since promotion has begun on I-tunes today, MICHAEL is now at #80 (up 50 positions today alone!)

It should hit #1 on most I-tunes by Dec 12th and stay there through the 14th

I haven't seen it on my facebook yet....:scratch: I see one for Cirque though!

I havent seen much advert where i live yet, but im sure it will come once the album date gets closer *fingers crossed*

Ele, not sure if I missed it or if you haven't mentioned them, but what's your honest thoughts on the vocals on cascio tracks? (to all members: I'm not looking for a discussion haha just eles opinion)

And is there any legitimate chance of Hollywood Tonight being made a single? I hope so..

And... Is there much more to discover from another day? Or pretty much just more of the same from what has leaked?

^ We only have a 50 second snippet of another day so obviously the finished song will be over 3 minutes in length. So I assume there's much more to be heard.

Thanks Ele for your take on the album, and for all your info about promotion. I'm excited about that!

I have to say though, your review seemed to me pretty flat, not very enthusiastic about it like some that have heard it, which was a little disappointing. I do realize though that this is just your opinion, and I have heard from other ppl that have heard the album love the same songs you seemed to like - HT, Much Too Soon, Behind the Mask and Another Day.

From the tracks I have heard though, I am very excited for the album. I don't care what they say about the Cascio tracks, I love those songs. KYHU I think is so beautiful, Bn is so catchy and I have a feeling Monster is awesome too. Also, ppl have said AD is "epic and will blow you away"- so I am looking forward to that- to me it is all MJ- not Kravitz. Anyway, I can't wait for the album, I just can't let anything damper my excitement. I've waited 9 years for this and in two weeks I will be listening to it a million times!!! :clapping::clapping:

Forgot to mention yesterday... My friend randomly texted me saying she saw a commercial for the new MICHAEL album, she saw it, and it reminded her of me of course and told me about it. I guess ads and promo are starting~!

Wow, thank you Ele, for all the info! So, those Earth Song ad-libs are definitely NOT on the album version of KYHU, right?

Thanks again and by your description I'm also hoping that HT is a single. They can easily make a radio edit if the song is too long. Can't wait to hear the album!

KYHU with ES add-libs is great.

KYHU without ES add-libs must be better than perfect.

I am very happy those are not on the final version. Why they were there in the first place I never understood.

Ele, thanks for all the info. I really hope the same promotion will be happening in other countries as well, not just Italy. Italy is lucky though! :)

Ele, not sure if I missed it or if you haven't mentioned them, but what's your honest thoughts on the vocals on cascio tracks? (to all members: I'm not looking for a discussion haha just eles opinion)

And is there any legitimate chance of Hollywood Tonight being made a single? I hope so..

And... Is there much more to discover from another day? Or pretty much just more of the same from what has leaked?

Thanks

I saw these kind of questions. Hmm.... my honest thought is that i like the "songs" style. I'm a fan of BN, I could only imagine a video by Michael on this. "Keep" is a great ballad everyone would sing. But i'm not speaking about vocals. Expecially on one song. Key "skip" is my solution listening.

HT single. I hope. They seems surprised i choosed that one, then someone say something about pretending there's a list of choices of singles (or next single) but it's just speculation right now, nothing confirmed. Just noticed that they push me trough The Way You Love Me... but... probably means nothing.

Another Day to discover? Hmm....no, not really...you need to double the verse and you'll have the song. It's a Lenny song, not Michael. But the duo worked perfectly. it'a about 3.50 minute long if i remember well... you can feel the energy of Give In To Me, we love it for sure ... and, of course, the most recent Michael's voice.

Ele74

Is Aonther Day the most recent voice? - Even more recent than HMH ??

I thought HMH was the most recent song on Michael.

Back