Michael's burial - Please put all related posts in here

Re: Has Michael been buried yet?

So E! is saying LaToya will be holding a press conference tomorrow to announce burial plans....go figure.. Anyways in the meantime I also found this

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b133302_michael_jacksons_escape_route_found.html

I also found this on Msn.com

Why can’t we keep track of the body?
Michael Jackson’s death certificate listed Forest Lawn Memorial Park as the “temporary” destination for his remains. But beyond that indication, neither the family nor Forest Lawn is under obligation to update any public records in a way that clarifies the current or future location of Jackson’s remains.

“There is no requirement that the family notify the state when the body is moved from the temporary location to another location,” said Russ Heimerich, spokesperson for the California Cemetery and Funeral Bureau.

Not only that, but “remains can be stored indefinitely, provided they are in the proper facility,” Heimerich said. In other words, while most prefer to come to a conclusion about disposition as quickly as possible, there’s certainly no ticking clock.

And there’s yet another wrinkle: A “proper” facility does not necessarily indicate a licensed facility. In other words, there can exist a business capable of “proper” storage of remains that is not necessarily a licensed facility, like a cemetery or crematorium.

“It’s going to be difficult to find out where this body is until the family wants to share that information,” said Heimerich.

Last edited:

There's sth wrong and bizzare with the delay of MJ's final burial... ;(

I don't like it and I'm a bit tired of all these bizzare and junk articles about it ;(

Why they (the press) could not leave him (MJ) finally alone? :(

We (the fans) just want to know the truth !!! no matter what :(

Michael Jackson to be buried with one white glove

Michael Jackson will be reportedly wear one of his favorite white sparkly gloves in his coffin.

Gaspar Gloves owner Dorothy Gaspar, who designed gloves for the "This Is It" tour, tells TMZ that Michael's sister La Toya Jackson wanted Michael to wear a glove inside the casket.

La Toya chose a white leather glove Dorothy made for Michael 10 to 12 years ago -- a white leather glove covered in Swarovski crystals.

It's not that far-fetched. Read about what other celebrities have worn to their own funeral.

Civilizations have long buried their dead with clothing, riches and personal items. King Tut was buried with a solid gold mask on his mummified head, hundreds of gold figurines, an ebony and ivory chair, ornamental vases, weapons, and enough seeds for a sizable garden in the afterlife.

Actor Bela Lugosi, most famous for his role as Dracula, was buried in his long flowing high-collared vampire cape. What, no earth from his homeland?

Humphrey Bogart starred in the 1944 film "To Have and Have Not" with Lauren Bacall, his fourth wife. One of her lines to Bogie was, "If you need anything, just whistle." Bacall put a whistle inscribed with that line inside the silver urn with his ashes when he was interred in 1957.

Whether MJ will be buried encased in concrete to prevent grave robbers is another matter.

That's just a rumor, folks -- one among hundreds of unconfirmed whispers floating around the Web. Believe what you will.

What do you think Michael Jackson should wear to his own funeral?

Which one of his iconic costumes is most suitable for the afterlife?
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the...l-jackson-be-buried-with-his-white-glove.html

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mich...involved-in-death-investigation_article_20385

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/michael-jackson-to-be-buried-wearing-one-of-his-si/30416/

Re: does anyone know where Michael body will be bruy?

I am hoping they decide before the end of next week. I'll be going out to L.A. and it would be so special to be able to visit his burial site.

we will eventually find out. The only thing we know for sure is that Jermaine wanted Michael's body buried at Neverland because he said it in the interview with Larry King. I am "assuming" that Jermaine is trying to make this a reality.

Re: does anyone know where Michael body will be bruy?

really you're going to LA you're lucking cause i wish i can :yes: :boohoo:

why has no one ever talked about cremation??? he did talk about it at **CENSORING THE DEVIL'S NAME** interview that he don't wanna be buried!!!!

i really dont mean to offend anyone but, I cannot imagine Michael being cremated it makes me physically sick to think of this for him. But in the end it is not my wishes what happens to Michael (if it was up to me I would still have him here with us), it is his family's and I have to respect that. I just dont think I want to know if they do it will rip me up.

All i know right now is that Michael is 'buried' in our hearts forever.
I wish people would just let the man rest.......:(

They just announced on Headline news that the family is getting close to having Michael's body buried at Neverland Ranch. They say it is now up to the county of Santa Barbara. But it looks like Neverland is where he will be buried.

i really dont mean to offend anyone but, I cannot imagine Michael being cremated it makes me physically sick to think of this for him. But in the end it is not my wishes what happens to Michael (if it was up to me I would still have him here with us), it is his family's and I have to respect that. I just dont think I want to know if they do it will rip me up.

I agree, absolutely no disrespect to anyone, but if it was my personal choice I would not have him cremated. I've just never liked the idea, but that's just me. I know Michael wasn't happy with Neverland in the end but if they did bury him there and restored it and brought it the sick kids and stuff like Michael used to do then I think he'd be ok with it IMO

Last edited:
I hope he isn't cremated either. They tried to make me cremate my Dad and I said no. I was willing to take the insurance money and pay more for his coffin rather than cremate him. Jesus wasn't cremated, so....

Anyway, I have already noticed that some haters are ranting on and on about the Jacksons wanting to bury Michael at Neverland so they can make money off of him and turn it into a Graceland. Well, I didn't hear anyone ranting against LMP when they moved Elvis and buried him in the back yard at Graceland. The double standard just gets me. But this was expected. If Neverland is restored with Michael's gravesite, it will be the first landmark in this country that memorializes an African American legend AND provides for the financial wellbeing of his heirs. The racists haters out there don't want to see this. But they were ok with Elvis' house. Just makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope he isn't cremated either. They tried to make me cremate my Dad and I said no. I was willing to take the insurance money and pay more for his coffin rather than cremate him. Jesus wasn't cremated, so....

Anyway, I have already noticed that some haters are ranting on and on about the Jacksons wanting to bury Michael at Neverland so they can make money off of him and turn it into a Graceland. Well, I didn't hear anyone ranting against LMP when they moved Elvis and buried him in the back yard at Graceland. The double standard just gets me. But this was expected. If Neverland is restored with Michael's gravesite, it will be the first landmark in this country that memorializes an African American legend AND provides for the financial wellbeing of his heirs. The racists haters out there don't want to see this. But they were ok with Elvis' house. Just makes me sick to my stomach.

I dont wana sound rude, but i dont think race has anything to do with the way Michaels death has been covered by the press,
"it doesnt matter if your black or white" remember? :).. :(
I just think its the way the media is run nowadays, its noticably different from the time when elvis was buried... I just think its the media being to michael like they always have been, which is sad. :(

I hate to differ with ya, but Michael's death is being handled totally different from Elvis and a lot of others that have died. The hatred and double standard reporting is unbelievable. There is very little respect being shown to him and he is dead, for God's sake. Bill OReilly and Rep King are out there calling him pedophiles and child molesters and saying he didn't do anything for the world but entertain. Never mind all the millions he gave to charities around the world.

If you don't think this is routed in deep seated racism, then lets see how they treat Roman Polansky and Woody Allen when they die. Lets see if they go around claiming they did nothing for society and they were nothing but pedophiles. One never made it to court because he married his victim and the other fled the country to avoid prosecution. From how they continue praise these two men today, I doubt very seriously if their support will change once they die. So there you have it.

He is going to end up at Neverland, no doubt about it. I told yall that they were working behind the scenes on this. I will be glad when he is finally laid to rest.

I still don't get when TMZ says his body is not at forest lawn, where could he be then? I thought that was his temp rest place. But I think he'd be safest at Neverland.

Last edited:
TMZ is only saying that but they don't know where Michael's body is because if they did, they would have taken pics of it.

And the death certificate says that Forest Lawn was the TEMPORARY place for it. So for all we know, it could have been moved by now.

TMZ is only saying that but they don't know where Michael's body is because if they did, they would have taken pics of it.

And the death certificate says that Forest Lawn was the TEMPORARY place for it. So for all we know, it could have been moved by now.

Ya, but I just find it weird them saying it's not there after E! explained how it was taken via a secret exit route underneath the Staples Center. So obviously the reason why the press didn't get pics is because a) they were busy following the family b) the area they probably took it was secured so no paps were around. Obviously they could have moved it to a different place to keep the body safe till burial. But I just found it weird cause that spokesman basically confirmed it was there, obviously he doesn't work for Forest Lawn but still.

Look, my guess is that the body is still at Forest Lawn in an unmarked grave awaiting a decision from Santa Barbara County on Neverland. This is why the media can't find it. Believe me, they have been out there looking.... I can see them now, running around the grave yard looking for the name Michael Jackson....King of Pop.

You could be right, I was just browsing on JFXonline and the amount of media outside every area of the Memorial Park was insane that day, I have no idea how they would have returned the body without the media noticing. Unless they did it late at night when everyone had left. But I still say Neverland would be the safest, I'd be freaked if they kept him at a regular cemetery.

There is no safer place than Neverland to bury Michael. All of his are not "rational". I do believe there are some fanatics out there who would go to his grave site and try and dig it up to get close to him.

Michael is a huge legend. Loved by millions. The cemetary is not where he needs to be. I think his family knows this and that is why they are trying to wait on the Neverland decision. This is the only reason why I think he has not yet been bury. Why else would they be holding his body out like that?

Ya that's what I think too. I'm pretty sure they're just waiting to get the ok for Neverland.

It's all so confusing isn't it! I know that they want their brother at peace, but like someone else said...Can you really be at peace until you put him in the ground and let him finally lay in rest?? It is true that you can bury someone and then have them dug up and reburied elsewhere, but weren't there rumors that they were going to encase his casket in concrete?? Wouldn't that be really, really difficult to move once it was buried, if it was encased in concrete?

There is no safer place than Neverland to bury Michael. All of his are not "rational". I do believe there are some fanatics out there who would go to his grave site and try and dig it up to get close to him.

Michael is a huge legend. Loved by millions. The cemetary is not where he needs to be. I think his family knows this and that is why they are trying to wait on the Neverland decision. This is the only reason why I think he has not yet been bury. Why else would they be holding his body out like that?

I agree, if he was buried at Forest Hills they would have to have a 24 hour guard there not to metion crowd control a lot of the time.

Jackson family lawyers inquire about burial permit at Neverland

CNN is reporting that Lawyers for the family have contacted state officials about Neverland as our beloved Michael's final resting place. As I think about it.....It may be the safest place to put him because of crazy folks like obsessed grave robbers. I saw a report last night about how three men repeatedly tried to rob the grave of Elvis and this prompted them to put him at graceland where he could be protected and safe. http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/09/jackson.burial/index.html

Re: Jackson family lawyers inquire about burial permit at Neverland

If I had to count the amt of BS CNN has reported....

Re: Jackson family lawyers inquire about burial permit at Neverland

I thought the company that took over MJ's morgage was going to sell the property. Also, the neighbors don't want a tourist trap. So what would be the point of burying Mike there.

Back