Michael's Manhood Thread - 18+ (Read The First Post For Rules!)

Some of Michael's fans don't like the words 'tragic' and 'tragedy' to be used in relation to his story and I can understand that
Yes, I would be one of those. I think it diminishes his strength and takes something away from his greatness and wonderful out of the world successful career. But that's just an opinion. Don't want to derail the thread by discussing more here as this is all about celebrating his Manhood!

Oh, god, but maybe a gold leotard pic ...
Let me throw in this old classic here

dangerous1.jpg

Or maybe this one from Human Nature as it's that kind of day

human-nature-two.jpg

So apparently it's a quote of Michael's from the King of Style book by Bush. I have not read it so I cannot confirm, still if it's true, he absolutely succeeded in the second part -
“You’ve got to impress the men and make love to the women.”
GAHHHH

Ok, so I literally read this quote for the first time ever this morning and it sent me into a fucking fit for like three hours lol. I mean that. I physically couldn't cope with that quote floating around my head. In order to calm myself, I actually convinced myself it was not a real quote but something a fan made up lol. But now that you mention it, I absolutely am dying to believe it is the truth of things...

This quote, once again, made me wonder what it must like to be a fan of Michael's while not being painfully, unspeakably attracted to him. I know there are tons of male (and probably some) female fans that don't see Michael "the manhood way" at all. They may think he's extremely charismatic, but it probably ends there. I cannot fathom this existence at all. I mean, I am sure I would still be a MASSIVE fan of him without all the exhausting sexual attraction, because ultimately his art (music, dance, videos, style, etc) are the reason I'm here. But I do think the sexual attraction is at least part of the reason I have a mental breakdown on a daily basis lol.

Anyway, not trying to derail here either. But wow, that quote just messes me up. It is so wildly hot to me that he ever thought of it that way... I can't even deal with this, so I just have to stop lol

I agree with all of this. The problem I'm having now is the whole thing is opening up even more. Very early on I made the fatal mistake of thinking that suggestions from @filmandmusic were probably worth following. And they are. But it led me to J5 live in Mexico. Ruination right there. And now to Triumph tour. More ruination. So there is even more Michael for me to love, appreciate and get to know. And it's awesome but kind of, not overkill. I don't know. Overwhelming? No, that's not right, either. But it's a lot of ... whatever. Oh god, am I making ANY sense?

(please say yes!)
I do believe I understand what you mean! I think, though, there are just SO many eras of Michael and they are so distinct, with such unique energies, that sometimes it feels like being a massive fan of like 6 different people simultaneously, which can be...overstimulating? Maybe that is the right word? I mean, obviously there are things about Michael that were extremely consistent, but his changing image (I mean style and energy, not physical appearance, necessarily) and constantly evolving music is incredible. But because it is all Michael and he has that X factor that makes being a fan of him so all consuming...you're basically being consumed at similar levels by several distinct versions of the same person... that' how I understand it at least...

did that make sense? lol

Also, so sorry to @filmandmusic ... this thread is not for everyone lol

This is awesome. It actually is massively helpful. Really! I love this. I want it as a poster. Even just the way you've laid it out looks awesome. I can see the poster (haven't decided which Michael picture goes with it yet) in my mind's eye.

Oh yes, I do! And it's a hat photo. They had it on a t-shirt after he died. I think it's from Number Ones cos I think originally there were 4 different cover shots used. My fave is a Black Panther one. He's on one leg, hat tilted down, hand on hat. Just awesome. You can't see his face but it's pure sex. And coolness. And beauty.

Oh, god, but maybe a gold leotard pic ...

... or a classic Bad era pic ... oh god, decisions ...

hahah wellllllll all of what I wrote was 100% inspire by Bad era Michael. So, I'm going to have to vote for the Bad era poster.

However, I like the idea of a poster for every era... one that can appeal to each person's tastes. Because, let's be real, just because what I wrote was inspired by one era doesn't mean it doesn't totally apply to others, depending on the person! So bring on all the eras!! haha

Due to my mixed feelings about the Dangerous tour outfit, I wouldn't normally advocate for that one to be the centerpiece of such a poster, however...

This one straight up slays every single time... it breaks me like no other Dangerous tour photo... GOD

This is a fun game! Maybe we should. nominate one photo per era to appear on this non-existence poster lol.

This is a fun game! Maybe we should. nominate one photo per era to appear on this non-existence poster lol.
I don't think I'm any good at this game. I already want to nominate at least one more (OK, OK, two more) Dangerous photos. Jacket photos. One is the iconic opening stance. In fact, I just went looking for it online. Found two versions but both were ginormous and looked weird when I posted them. I've seen normal size versions on this board but, obvs, can't remember specific page numbers.

Bad, I have 3 or 4 classic ones I'd have to pick from. All silver shirt.

1990's? Maybe I'd be willing to limit it to BOW. Maybe the photo on the cover of the Mike Smallcombe book?

Thriller era. Gosh, where to start?

2000's could be tricky. Need to think about that one. Contenders might be WMA 2006 or something from TII.

🤔

I2000's could be tricky. Need to think about that one. Contenders might be WMA 2006 or something from TII.

🤔
Ok so mature era Michael is admittedly my least favorite era but honest to god it’s because I am desperate for his curls…

However

I took it upon myself to find some sexy photos of him from the 2000s and it took exactly 10 seconds to be overwhelmed by him… because holy fuck, check him out!!

That smile is devastating…

The drip is just insane…

But also… might this last photo be the MOST manhood pic?! If you catch my drift… 😂

OMG!!! You're here. That is so cool.

I see you all the time when I'm digging around in the archives (it's my mission in life on this board to celebrate these archives) and then you sort of went off the radar.

omg! :D

Well....now that I know there are some new, shall we say, "kindred spirits" on here, breathing some life into these hallowed halls, I will start visiting every day again, like I used to.

Last edited:
"There is a mod here called @Mikky Dee who has actually seen the J5 live in the early 70s she made a thread about it. Recommended reading!"

Mikky Dee, that's a quote from another thread (about J5 concerts, what's available online). I don't know if you want to have conversations about this. You might not which is fair enough. But I'm putting it here in case you wanted to comment. I'm currently obsessed with BWT 1987 but also am completely immersed in J5 live in Mexico in 1975 plus Triumph.

If you don't want to have a conversation about this perhaps you could post the link for the thread that f&m mentioned? I'm intrigued.

For myself, I've been into Michael since J5 but as a group they were never all that important to me since they weren't a rock band. It's only now I'm catching up.

I was an Administrator for about a year (maybe around 2017?) and then a moderator for a couple of years after that. I have seen Michael in concert twice - with the J5 in 1973 and the BWT, November 1987. I'll find the link to the J5 thread I made and drop it on your profile page. I only made the thread at the incessant begging of one particular member (LOL) because I find that sometimes threads about concert experiences aren't always received well by others. They see it as bragging, or something....but I don't know why that is. One day, there will be no one left who experienced Michael in real life, in real time and I think it's sad if the information is lost forever to the younger generations, you know? I have to say that my thread was very well received here on MJJC, though. :D

ETA: I can't access your profile, so I'll just put it here:

Last edited:
Yes, I would be one of those. I think it diminishes his strength and takes something away from his greatness and wonderful out of the world successful career. But that's just an opinion. Don't want to derail the thread by discussing more here as this is all about celebrating his Manhood!

Let me throw in this old classic here

dangerous1.jpg

Or maybe this one from Human Nature as it's that kind of day

human-nature-two.jpg

FAVOURITES. Big favourites.

-DANGEROUS-michael-jackson-13467314-1413-2160.jpg

This is one of them. But do you see what I mean about ginormous? This isn't what I want, much as I love this photo.
Oh love it when Michael decides to show us how big Mikezilla is! 🔥. We have an idea! We have seen gold pants 🕵️‍♀️

And I can't believe that I could have sexy thoughts when he's singing MITM, but there you go. Jesus take the wheel....

bgwfas.gif
Oh 🥵🤤 this is taking me to places! This is the thing for dreams! I will look at that woman in the mirror later, right now I need to feast on the man in the picture!
Siiiiggghhhh.
5yu76r575.gif
...... And yes! Just like that 🎆🎆🎇

Ok so mature era Michael is admittedly my least favorite era but honest to god it’s because I am desperate for his curls…

However

I took it upon myself to find some sexy photos of him from the 2000s and it took exactly 10 seconds to be overwhelmed by him… because holy fuck, check him out!!

But also… might this last photo be the MOST manhood pic?! If you catch my drift… 😂
OK, let me deal with the most important post first.

I hope you know, I'm sure you do know, I'm mad about mature Michael and totally see him as desirable, sexy and all good things. Not all the way through the 2000's. Ngl, there are times when he doesn't look so good and we've talked about that before. I think those times were the times when he had terrible struggles going on. But generally? God, yeah. I don't think he looks quite as drop dead gorgeous as he does in the 80's and 90's but then I could probably say the same about him in the 1970's. Totally gorgeous but maybe not quite as hot as those two decades. The 80's and 90's were peak hotness but it's a close call.

Those photos you posted, yes, I've seen them all and love them to bits. Er, except ... the one in the white suit. That one crops up (ahem!) a lot in the Manhood archives. I'm sure you can guess why, lol. I've never been able to bring myself to bump it. You know me by know, I hope. Totally up for all of this but also a bit, um, is 'coy' the word I want? Not sure but I'm not quite as 'all in' as you girls. I'm a rock chick but I'm not exactly Courtney Love, lol. :ROFLMAO: Also, tbh, that photo genuinely doesn't really do it for me. I think I need that stuff to be confined to the stage and then I'm OK with it. I suspect this is a minority opinion,lol.

The other problem with mature Michael photos is, and I've mentioned this before as well, a lot of those photos here in the archives are from the trial. Now, he looks to die for all through that period but I feel a bit weird bumping them. I posted one or two on Fave Pics, I think, and even felt a bit weird about that. It's frustrating because I don't want to be disrespectful at all. I don't. But, god almighty, he looks so beautiful in most of those photos and hot as hell. There's one photo I desperately want to bump. He's wearing a green waistcoat and is looking down to the floor. Looks somewhat pensive (and I can't resist 'pensive' Michael). I always stop myself. Not confident about how that would be received, how it would 'look'. So it's all very, very difficult.

One final point I would make. Although mature Michael photos are gorgeous I don't think many would work so well on a poster or t-shirt. I think a lot of the classic images of Michael from the 80's and 90's work brilliantly as an image that instantly has something to say. As well as being instantly recognisable. I think mature Michael works better in different settings, imo.

But those photos you posted? You do realise you just made my entire day?

I was an Administrator for about a year (maybe around 2017?) and then a moderator for a couple of years after that.
Yeah, I picked up on that going through the archives. Which is where I spend a huge amount of time. I'm sad like that, lol.

I have seen Michael in concert twice - with the J5 in 1973 and the BWT, November 1987.
Haven't read the thread yet. Can't wait. So excited.

I'll find the link to the J5 thread I made and drop it on your profile page. I only made the thread at the incessant begging of one particular member (LOL) because I find that sometimes threads about concert experiences aren't always received well by others. They see it as bragging, or something....but I don't know why that is.
This is one aspect of Michael's fanbase that I just don't understand. I mean, I don't identify as a fan myself but sharing stories, how can that ever be a bad thing?

One day, there will be no one left who experienced Michael in real life, in real time and I think it's sad if the information is lost forever to the younger generations, you know? I have to say that my thread was very well received here on MJJC, though. :D
I'm the same age as Michael. But I've had many phases with Michael where my interest in him has ebbed and flowed quite a lot. My thing is loud rock bands and in the 70's Michael just didn't have any edge. I love him first and foremost as a dancer but, ngl, there have been many times in my life when he hasn't been front and centre. But I love him massively and he's always been important to me.

I actually think this is a really important point you've raised. I LOVE the fact that Michael still attracts new fans all the time. Just look at this board. Fantastic stuff. But there will come a time when people's memories of him are going to be, I dunno, second - hand? Would that be a good way to put it? I don't think this is a competition. I've been into Michael since J5 but that doesn't mean a whole lot. It doesn't invalidate the next person's love of Michael. They might actually be into him way more than I am and that's OK. They probably know more about him than I do because they probably read all the books and I didn't bother. But I might have the odd bit of info or the occasional memory of something just because I was around at a particular time. Let's all just share our stories, thoughts, excitement, whatever. We're not competing with each other.

ETA: I can't access your profile, so I'll just put it here:

Yeah, I don't do profiles, PM, any of that. It's all here on the board. For my sins, lol.

This quote, once again, made me wonder what it must like to be a fan of Michael's while not being painfully, unspeakably attracted to him. I know there are tons of male (and probably some) female fans that don't see Michael "the manhood way" at all. They may think he's extremely charismatic, but it probably ends there. I cannot fathom this existence at all. I mean, I am sure I would still be a MASSIVE fan of him without all the exhausting sexual attraction, because ultimately his art (music, dance, videos, style, etc) are the reason I'm here. But I do think the sexual attraction is at least part of the reason I have a mental breakdown on a daily basis lol.
I wish I could write an interesting, helpful reply to this but I can't. I can't sort out my muddled thoughts. All I can say is, it feels totally normal. I still have moments when this is the headspace I'm in. These days, yes, I am completely deranged and the whole thing is hopeless. And I'm hysterical and I come onto Manhood and shout like a crazy person. But I still have all of my 'normal' (for want of a better word) feelings about Michael, my normal reactions to him. I can't explain it properly. Or at all, really. 🤔

CnVZ1_6XEAANmAA.jpg

This one is FYI for Mikky Dee. This is the photo that turned me into a deranged, hysterical mess. I used to be pretty normal. This was mid-March so it hasn't even been that long. It was MM90 who posted it that time. She is lethal. Be warned. :ROFLMAO:

CnVZ1_6XEAANmAA.jpg

This one is FYI for Mikky Dee. This is the photo that turned me into a deranged, hysterical mess. I used to be pretty normal. This was mid-March so it hasn't even been that long. It was MM90 who posted it that time. She is lethal. Be warned. :ROFLMAO:
OMG! This again! This photo is a legend! I should be working, but here I am lusting after these photos 🤤

OMG! This again! This photo is a legend! I should be working, but here I am lusting after these photos 🤤
Exactly. I'm already late getting my day started and I've just derailed myself, lol. Because these photos need time. They need to be savoured and ... um, other things ... stuff ...

Back