MJ Estate Sues Howard Mann and business partner Henry Vaccaro - Settlement reached

Re: MJ Estate Sues Katherine Jackson's Business Partner Howard Mann

a dildo? lol

a dildo? lol

This could not be true. Now who is going to store a dildo. You can buy them cheap. Mann can put any item he wants in a collection and claim it belonged to XYZ.

a dildo? lol

yeah...the rumor back then was it was Janet's.

This could not be true. Now who is going to store a dildo. You can buy them cheap. Mann can put any item he wants in a collection and claim it belonged to XYZ.

Just like I couldn't believe they'd store underwear. But MJ's was there ...

Did Katherine or Joe even look through that stuff before they put it in storage?

yeah...the rumor back then was it was Janet's.

You can get some underwear and dildo, present it with other items, and say I found it with the items.

You can get some underwear and dildo, present it with other items, and say I found it with the items.

true...because we are dealing with unscrupulous folks.

obviously Joe & Katherine felt even his dirty underwear had a potential to generate money, and people still claim they are not business savvy . lol
Would not be surprised if that "piece of history" appears on one of those promotional events Joe and Katherine do lol

About time the I guess the estate was just giving Mann enough rope to hang him self with, know they are drawing back the rope very good.

I am so glad the Estate is finally doing it.

twinklEE;3203340[B said:
]a dildo? [/B]lol

OMFG. I am SO outta this thread, and this situation, that it's not even humorous.

But, thanks, Ivy, for updates? Yeah.

Thank You. I never believed that s.h.it about the underwear being Michaels. That was planted.

When I first heard about Henry Vaccaro it was a few yrs ago and he did a story for one of those gossip shows he said that the dildo belonged to Latoya! That it was found among her things! It was never said or even implied that it could be MJ's, not at all!

The underwear though was what Henry said was MJ's from the Victory tour! When Diane Demon heard about it she made a big crap about it because she said it might contain MJ's DNA! So because of that she gave it to Sneedon! o_O lol Of course the underwear was useless and Diane yet, again made an ass out of herself! So what's knew!?

Last edited:

I think this will be Mann's defense (if true) probably however that information is conflicting with TSCM's information.

As we haven't seen that decision mentioned it's harder to have an opinion. (is it only stopping a lawsuit for that website or everything that comes from the parent company? for example).

Perhaps TSCM can help with that.

the thought that Mann has legal rights to ANY MJ items scares the hell out of me. I understand why MJ walked away from the lawsuit...but did he fully understand the consequences? And what impact this is having on his kids..and their financial future. This could have major repercussions if the judge or jury decides the estate cannot sue Mann because of the 2006 judgment against MJ.

I hope the jury sides with the estate. I am sick & tired of Katherine & Mann money schemes.

Last edited:

I'm really happy to see the Estate take this action. In addition to the illegal revenue ventures like these generate, they also have an impact on legitmate projects due to the oversaturation of Michael's likeness.

As someone posted earlier, it would be ideal if the family could work with the Estate more to try to come up with some arrangments that would benefit all parties. Surely, there seems to be more than enough money to go around...within reason of course.

Regarding Katherine in particular, I wish that she would petition the Estate/Court for more money if she needs it rather than rely on people such as Mann. Again, there should be more than enough money based on the various revenue streams.

Finally, I found it a bit strange that Mann referred to Katherine as "Miss" Jackson in his response rather than "Mrs"

Last edited:

I'm really happy to see the Estate take this action. In addition to the illegal revenue ventures like these generate, they also have an impact on legitmate projects due to the oversaturation of Michael's likeness.

As someone posted earlier, it would be ideal if the family could work with the Estate more to try to come up with some arrangments that would benefit all parties. Surely, there seems to be more than enough money to go around...within reason of course.

Regarding Katherine in particular, I wish that she would petition the Estate/Court for more money if she needs it rather than rely on people such as Mann. Again, there should be more than enough money based on the various revenue streams.

Finally, I found it a bit strange that Mann referred to Katherine as "Miss" Jackson in his response rather than "Mrs"
KAtherine gets a high allowance, everything is paid for by the estate, and no why should there be another arrangement that benefits lazy people?
All of those who live there are well capable of getting a paying job and living within their means. None of them is entitled to getting a dime no matter how much money the estate makes. None of them are superstars hence shouldn't expect to live like especially when they are not able to foot their own bills. No if's, and but's about it.

As long as the estate does not sue a Jackson , such deals would never stop. Joe and the perfume guy, Latoya's new book...etc

The estate is repeating the same mistake MJ committed ;always suing his siblings and parents' partners but removing them as defendants and we all know how that did not stop them , they felt they could always get away with everything.

Ivy, a legal question please, like Murray did in the wrongful death lawsuit can't Mann raise the argument that Katherine is not listed as a defendant?

Can Mann sue Katherine for the money she received after the estate wins this case?

Exactly.

I'm sick of Katherine and her dirty deals. She, along with her husband, is a vulture, a leech. I'm sad the estate didn't sue her. They're repeating, just like you said, the same mistakes Michael made.

SUE KATHERINE, otherwise, the schemes will never stop.

You know what's funny Soundmind: I was once banned for calling Joe a "leech"! The man is the biggest leech of MJ's life. He is the definition of vulture, of leech. SUE THOSE "PARENTS" ASS. Katherine and Joe need to learn their lesson. They spent their life making dirty schemes to make money off of MJ. Just sue them.

well I wouldn't be as harsh but I do agree that Joe and Katherine have been using and living off of MJ since he was 5 years old. And they were even willing to throw their son who they have alleged was weak and a drug addict on the stage for a family reunion tour in order to make more money. It's just sad.. Mike took care of them but in return they abandoned him. I will never understand how an entire family could allow what happened to MJ happen to him. They didn't investigate or check on him at all.

They knew he was always around some shady folks yet none of them knew anything. They suspected he was using drugs yet none of them approached his doctors to see what illnesses he had. We all saw MJ going and coming from Klein's office looking dazed at times. Why didn't his family approach Klein and inquire about those visits?

The actions and inactions by the Jacksons is appalling to me

the thought that Mann has legal rights to ANY MJ items scares the hell out of me. I understand why MJ walked away from the lawsuit...but did he fully understand the consequences?

I think that reason to why MJ "walked away" from the lawsuit was simply because he wasnt in the US at that time. I cant remember the timeline exactly but MJ came back to the states in december 2006.. and he got this judgment againt him earlier if Im not mistaken..

Ive seen people on other boards supporting Katherine in everything she does and saying "Mj didnt show up to this hearing even so that means he didnt care really".. well to start with Michael was busy recovering from the trial in exile so thats the reason he never showed up.. but Ill say like Ivy said, its better if TSCM explains this

I think this will be Mann's defense (if true) probably however that information is conflicting with TSCM's information.

As we haven't seen that decision mentioned it's harder to have an opinion. (is it only stopping a lawsuit for that website or everything that comes from the parent company? for example).

Perhaps TSCM can help with that.

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted here in forever!

Anyways I wanted to say that I've also heard rumors about this decision although I have yet to see it, but based on what I've heard & read concerning that particular court case & this one:

1. Henry Vaccarro et al were named as defendants, not Howard Mann ... therefore one question that arises here is, does the decision made there cover Mr Mann?

2. That court case covered items that used to belong to the Jacksons and which had already been in the possession of Vintage Pop ... from what I've read, many of the items / issues that the estate is suing over seem to be items that have been acquired since then & not (it appears, with the exception of the Destiny remix - which is actually, it appears, the copyright is owned by Sony) the items that concerned that court case ... so the question there is, does that court decision cover these new items?

3. I reiterate the question that Ivy mentions above ... does that court decision cover the website or the other companies?

That said, I can't wait to see Mr Mann stand up in court and try to defend himself with the arguments he has been making in the media (& trying to prove that those arguments are the case) ... the argument that his company is a "shadow estate" in particular ... I've never heard of any such thing & I doubt that could be proven / determined in court.

Mann goes on: "...the Estate will fall as a result of these draconian tactics and it is my hope that Miss Jackson regains control of that which was stolen from her."

Howard Mann is a straight-up IDIOT!

In my opinion the Estate of Michael Jackson has done a wonderful job in putting things in order and earning massive amounts of money while doing it. At this rate, by the time Michael's children come of age, they will EACH be billionaires.

And I shudder, SHUDDER, to think what shape Michael's Estate would be in right now, if his family were in charge. They have NOTHING to show for their years in the music business (aside from Janet of course) and every attempt they have made in various business ventures over the years has not only failed, but failed miserable.

I, for one, am delighted the Estate finally took this much needed step!

Hmm ... another thought that runs through my mind also is:

1. Does Mr Mann realize the possibility that this court decision that he wants to hide behind, could be overturned during this court case?

2. I feel sorry for the judge / jury in this case as, if I recall correctly, the judge in the probation of the will granted full rights to the estate to make decisions on MJ's logo, image & likeness & copyright, etc. & that anyone wanting to use any of these things were told they have to go through MJ's estate ... so which ever way this works out, the judge / jury will possibly have to over turn / modify a judge's order (either the judges order from the previous court case against Vintage Pop, or the one giving the executors control of the estate and the rights to make deals on behalf of the estate).

Another question that occurred to me ... if MJ never received that court order / if the estate is not in possession of it, then, possibly, by law, it may be invalid.

I've read in other cases, if a decision is made and the other party was not informed, the other party can get the ruling overturned.

The judge in the probation of the will granted full rights to the estate to make decisions on MJ's logo, image & likeness & copyright, etc. & that anyone wanting to use any of these things were told they have to go through MJ's estate.

And that's the way it's normally done, i.e. "you must get permission from the Estate, before you do anything."

Howard Mann, similar to the Mayor of Gary, figured if they have MJ's parents on their team, then they don't need the Estate's approval, but as we all know, that ain't how it works.

The theory that: "well they are the parents, they SHOULD have rights too," doesn't fly in a court of law.

I look forward to seeing how this works out. Mr. Mann is about to spend a bunch of money on attorney fees. LOL!

And that's the way it's normally done, i.e. "you must get permission from the Estate, before you do anything."

Howard Mann, similar to the Mayor of Gary, figured if they have MJ's parents on their team, then they don't need the Estate's approval, but as we all know, that ain't how it works.

The theory that: "well they are the parents, they SHOULD have rights too," doesn't fly in a court of law.

I look forward to seeing how this works out. Mr. Mann is about to spend a bunch of money on attorney fees. LOL!

Totally agree... can you just imagine what Katherine and Joe would be doing with all of that money if they had control of it?

Last edited:

Totally agree... can you just imagine what Katherine and Joe would doing with all of that money if they had control of it?
LOL! Joe Jackson would spend a BUNDLE trying to create a record label and Katherine would spend ANOTHER bundle buying multi-million dollars homes and setting up trust funds for all of her children and grandchildren. If the family were in charge, there would be no money left for MJ3, in my opinion.

Michael certainly knew what he was doing when he set up his Last Will and Testament. Some folks are just not good with money and the Jackson's have proved that on more then one occassion.

Howard Mann responds

Mama Jackson's Partner: MJ Estate is a Dictatorship!

Katherine Jackson's business partner who is being sued by the Michael Jackson Estate tells TMZ the Estate is a "fraudulently obtained dictatorship," guarding "a collusive and corrupt status quo."

Howard Mann -- whom the Estate claims in a new lawsuit is violating copyright and trademark laws by cashing in on all things Jackson -- calls the lawsuit "malicious and unfounded."

Mann says, "These lawyers have absolutely NO interest in the preservation of Michael Jackson's legacy and less interest in generating revenues for his beneficiaries.
Mann goes on: "...the Estate will fall as a result of these draconian tactics and it is my hope that Miss Jackson regains control of that which was stolen from her."

:hysterical::tease::doh::smilerolleyes: feel free to add more smilies. i dont know whats worse murrays defence or this guys.

That is not the only issue here.

Howard Mann thinks he has the rights to use MJ's name because a judge dismissed MJ's previous copyright case with prejudice.

Meaning MJ could never sue Media pop or whatever the company name is, for copyright infringement because his lawyers walked away from a similar case in 2006 when he was in Bahrain.

This case will not be as easy as we all think....The company Media Pop does have a judgment in their favor. Now the question is, what does that judgment entail.

A real fcukin' headache. Nothing is ever simple in MJ land.

I dont' even wanna think of the mess that could result out of this, if the judge agrees w/ Mann

:doh:

Has Howard Weitzman has said plenty of times Mann could show that stuff to his friends and play whatever songs he had in his possessions for his friends. But the second he tried to make money from it they were going to get him. It is his stuff however using Michael's name to sell this crap is where he messed up. Using copyrighted images thanking the estate like he had there approval and the dumbest thing ever releasing a copyrighted song as a new song.

That is not the only issue here.

Howard Mann thinks he has the rights to use MJ's name because a judge dismissed MJ's previous copyright case with prejudice.

Meaning MJ could never sue Media pop or whatever the company name is, for copyright infringement because his lawyers walked away from a similar case in 2006 when he was in Bahrain.

This case will not be as easy as we all think....The company Media Pop does have a judgment in their favor. Now the question is, what does that judgment entail.

Man, my head is spinning. LOL!

What is Mann's association with Media Pop?

If Media Pop obtained the LEGAL right to exploit Michael's copyright, why did they sell the belongs to Mann? (Seems to me they would have kept the stuff.)

And than the question becomes, like you have noted, what did that judgment entail. Are the owners of the goods allowed to legally exploit Michael's image, copyright etc. because of that judgment.

Did the judgment mean that they could legally AUCTION the belongs off? Which is not what Howard Mann is doing.

Somehow I "think" a CHUNK of this legal puzzle is missing.

We need Ivy or TSCM to come in here and help us out.

Back