MJ Estate versus Melissa Johnson and HTWF /Update: Settlement Enforced - HTWF lost the Appeal

Re: MJ Estate versus Melissa Johnson and HTWF /Update: Settlement Enforced - HTWF filing Appeal

why are they asking for 45 day extension. this is way too much.

Re: MJ Estate versus Melissa Johnson and HTWF /Update: Settlement Enforced - HTWF filing Appeal

What another extension again, or are we talking about the last request. Didn't this judge say no more?

Is this ever going to be over?

The reply brief is due August 6, 2013

^^Here we go again.

I dont really have a full knowledge of the US system, so im seriously wondering why it takes months before it even ''starts''?

If this helps

This is an appeal so normally what would happen is that when you file the appeal you will get some time (such as 3+) months to file the opening brief (by HTWF), a month to file the answering brief (by Estate) and 15 days to file the optional reply brief (by HTWF). There could be an oral argument date set up (with in a month) and then the appeal court makes a decision in 3 months. so technically appeal can be over in a year or so.

what happened here is that HTWF asked for extension after extension. their opening brief was filed 1+ years later and even for the optional reply brief they asked for a 3 month extension. Estate asked for a month extension. So all of those extensions - mostly by HTWF- is the reason why it takes so much time.

The reply brief is due August 6, 2013

So will this finally find a end?

probably not, there's been another up to 90 day delay request

Enough already, she should put up or shut up. How many extensions can you have before a judge says enough?

The court system in the US is something else.

But didn't the judge say no more, or am I mixing up the cases again? I remember her asking for one for a new lawyer and he gave her some time. Oh I am lost ....

probably not, there's been another up to 90 day delay request

Did that request came from the estate or MJ?

Did she get another extension or not? it's been quiet.

yes she did until November

That better be it. Enough.

I think I'l be 6 feet under before this case goes on trial or anything happens :doh:

This judge is really giving her chances, so she can't complain when this appeal does not go in her favor.

Appellants Heal The World Foundation and United Fleet Motion to extend time to file Reply brief until 01/06/2014.

These people want another extension?

Oh whatever.

extension granted until - December 18, 2013

smh this nonsense is partially thanks to Katherine's greedy doing

Beyond boring now.

extension granted until - December 18, 2013

So soon :giggle:
There is going to be something that requires Melissa to request another extension, like her lawyer run of with her money or something.

"United Fleet Motion"
Are they appellants with Melissa and when did they join in?

Anyone surprised? NO. Let's see if we can get an extension in 2014.

Gotta love the court system!!

any news ?

^^ If we were to take bets, I would put my money on Melissa J got another extension :giggle:

Back