MJ Fever - can anyone really contain it?

JM77

Proud Member
Can anyone actually sit through a beaty Michael song and not at least tap your foot? I always find that I'm either bobbing my head, tapping my feet, doing an MJ move. Just moving with the music. But if I don't do anything, I seem to sometimes get this muscle spasm in my leg from the music :chillin:

Can anyone resist the beat?

Indeed, tough to sit still on Michael's music indeed. :dancin:
Depending on what song its either 'head bopping' or 'finger tapping' or wiggling on my chair or even the full dance thing LOL complete with singing it too :blush:

Hell no!

Michael made music that either designed to make you move or in the case of his ballads and more serious cut, move you. That is the nature of the beast. Don't expect to remain moulded to a seat if you consciously put a Michael Jackson song/album on.

Mostly I use his music as a morale booster and apart from Prince, he is the only artist I will always react to in a positive way. If my partner is in the room, I am always like "Isn't this a great song?" even though I have said it dozens of times to him, usually the song will be one of the more well known ones like Beat It or Bad that he has heards. And if its more obscure (Well to a non MJ fan like him), he will always ask what album its off, it helps as he really loved Gone too soon and Smile (He's a big Divas fan, Mariah, Whitney etc).

Me too, I often pick up lyric booklets and start singing along trying to replicate Michael's tone and pitch when reading the words, it is a habit!!!!
I have heard the songs so much, I can play them in my head and think I sound like Michael singing them, really in reality I probably sound dreadful, but I still do it, becuase the Music of Michael Jackson always moves meand it makes me happy.:chillin:

I used to do that a lot... But now I've worn the songs out! I now get lost in the melodies and think about the themes or just have chills. However, when I play them on my stereo, it's very common for me to do some very embarrassing stuff like using a stick as a guitar or a hairbrush as a mic. I love performing so a while ago I used to have "live performances" - with no audience of course xD - in my room where I used to sing on Michael's instrumentals.

My brother (who's 8 years old) tries to dance like a robot whenever Michael's playing on the stereo. He looks really silly - but I love it :p . 2 or 3 days ago we (my little bro and sis as well) were listening to MJ on the big speakers and when Black or White came on, we started getting all crazy and jumping around! :D .

So yeah, when the feeling starts kicking in - nothing can stop it. xD

Back when we still had him. I used to always get in to Michael's songs. Most especially when I used to watch one of his Billie Jean performances. While wearing both my fedora and glove. From one of my concerts of his. That song always makes me get in to it. But now I really don't get in to Michael's songs like I used to. I guess it is because I rather listen to my Bollywood songs mostly now. Especially my Bollywood dance songs. And I get in to those songs now. I am now trying to go back and get myself in to listening to Michael more often again. Like I used to when we still had him. I was listening to Abortion Papers and Al Capone on Thursday night. But I'm sorry I still find it hard to listen to him. It is just not the same for me anymore. And it never will be.:( My Bollywood music has since taken Michael's place. And it can not be helped.:(

God no! Billie Jean has one of the most infectious beats ever and if you aren't finding yourself wanting to bop in time, you need to get yourself checked out ;) :p

Jokes aside, the one thing I seriously admire about Michael's music is actually just how infectious it is! He had a real talent for that. Every so often I'll play a song I haven't played in a while and get totally caught up in it and I'll just remember how great it was. That happened yesterday morning with Morphine actually!

I sometimes like to listen to music on my iPhone while I brush my teeth and just the other day I ended up brushing my teeth for the length of Beat It, but then Thriller came on and I just stood there dancing in the mirror. It was great :lol:

Last edited:
Tootrue SheilaMJFan4ever - If I hear just one Aowoww! or Heehee with a polished infectious beat behind I instantly spring to attention!

Tootrue SheilaMJFan4ever - If I hear just one Aowoww! or Heehee with a polished infectious beat behind I instantly spring to attention!

If you're referring to Superfly Sister it'll probably be the first time I'm fully agreeing with you. X'D

I never could, It's impossible not to dance and sing along with MJ. Even my family stops and watches with me when I'm listening to an album or watching a concert or movie. Today I was watching This Is It and my mother stopped and watched a little bit, then she said she didn't wanted to watch because if she did she would become glued and watch the rest of the movie hahaha

Nope...Especially on a packed train going to or from work. The toes are a tappin'.

Can anyone actually sit through a beaty Michael song and not at least tap your foot? I always find that I'm either bobbing my head, tapping my feet, doing an MJ move. Just moving with the music. But if I don't do anything, I seem to sometimes get this muscle spasm in my leg from the music :chillin:

Can anyone resist the beat?
I have to say that it always makes me laugh when somebody says they "bust out an MJ move"-because he's so good that I think it's funny when somebody tries something, BUT, Friday, on my way home-"Billie Jean" came on randomly on the radio-so I cranked it up and sang along and realized that I always POINT at that "woo" part-even if I'm supposed to have my hands on the wheel.

How many of you also sing Michael Jackson songs in the shower and sing the Aows really loud like me. Yesterday my partner thought I was in pain as all he could hear in the shower was "mumble, mumble, AOOOWWWWW!!!, mumble, mumble, mumble, AOOOOWWWW!!! Hee heee"

If you're referring to Superfly Sister it'll probably be the first time I'm fully agreeing with you. X'D

Very close, Ironically the song I was thinking of when I wrote that was Morphine, I love the highs and lows in that song like an addiction.

How many of you also sing Michael Jackson songs in the shower and sing the Aows really loud like me. Yesterday my partner thought I was in pain as all he could hear in the shower was "mumble, mumble, AOOOWWWWW!!!, mumble, mumble, mumble, AOOOOWWWW!!! Hee heee"

I know exactly what you are talking about. I even take my cell phone and listen to his music while I shower, I'm addicted.

I have to say that it always makes me laugh when somebody says they "bust out an MJ move"-because he's so good that I think it's funny when somebody tries something, BUT, Friday, on my way home-"Billie Jean" came on randomly on the radio-so I cranked it up and sang along and realized that I always POINT at that "woo" part-even if I'm supposed to have my hands on the wheel.

:hysterical: The only one I can do convincingly is the Robot. Every time I'm listening to Dancing Machine and that 'da DAH da da da da duh' hook chimes in, I immediately start doing the Robot like Mike (ok, TRY to do it like Mike)! :crackingup:

Back