MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: Michael Forever Tribute/ MJJC Official Statement / Discussion / Estate statement / Fan letter @p

Paris retweeted this:
TessEdwards Tess Edwards
by pariisjaxn
People need to leave @pariisjaxn alone. Now she can't even pay tribute to her own father without your consent!? It's none of your business.
40 minutes ago

MJteenagedream Sara Rooney
by pariisjaxn
@pariisjaxn wait 1st ppl cmpln abt u not tlkin abt ur dad enough,nw tht u paid trib 2 him its a prob?Dam theres no stsfyin these ppl! SMDH
45 minutes ago

Re: Michael Forever Tribute/ MJJC Official Statement / Discussion / Estate statement / Fan letter @p

Everyone knows Blanket ain't into all that stuff. The kid looks so obviously forced up there it's sad. Paris and Prince on the other hand love the attention and feel very comfortable with it all. I have to look into this thread for a few pages to see what happened. All I saw were pictures on tumblr and a video clip.

I have the utmost faith in the foundation MJ gave his kids. We all have issues with or with out parents. How many kids excell with much worst circumstances.? Credible people (not the Jacksons) that actual know them are quite impressed. What we are allowed to see of the kids, makes me hopeful.

I have VERY positive thoughts for those children.I pray for them daily. I agree Michael gave them a solid foundation..However...Michael is gone...and Blanket is still only 9. He looked very sad and scared in that clip that we just saw him speak on. We should NOT be allowed to see his children..THAT was AGAINST HIS WISHES. So to me it is as if YOU yourself dont care about his wishes either...you are OK with his children being exploited..that is obvious. I wont waste my time with YOU anymore.I am done with you. And for the record...I AM right.....I dont have to TRY and be right

I have purposely divorced myself from this because it is just to maddening. But I will say this. IF Blanket did not want to be up there it is very sad considering the words of his Father that we heard this week. And if the Jacksons do not learn from the mistakes of the pass they will repeat them. On that note I am divorcing myself from this

Last edited:

Why did Jennifer Hudson and Black Eyed Peas just drop lout like that so close to it?

Maybe they woke up and smelt the coffee!!!

A fan who attened left this comment on a news site about the show.
I've just returned from this concert, and whilst there were high points (Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Cee-Lo Green and gospel singer Yolanda) there were crashing low points - Aguilera being one of them. She was tuneless, showboating, out-of-time and generally unpleasant to listen to. In addition, the show was shoddily put together and, frankly, I'm glad I got to go for free. It's a shame that the better acts, and the memory of MJ, will be sort of tained by this. And Jamie Foxx was an utter embarrassment.

They are beautiful and although I was against things like this at the start, I think Michael would be proud to see how strong they are, especially Blanket.

I've just returned from this concert, and whilst there were high points (Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Cee-Lo Green and gospel singer Yolanda) there were crashing low points - Aguilera being one of them. She was tuneless, showboating, out-of-time and generally unpleasant to listen to. In addition, the show was shoddily put together and, frankly, I'm glad I got to go for free. It's a shame that the better acts, and the memory of MJ, will be sort of tained by this. And Jamie Foxx was an utter embarrassment.

^^^^free!!!...lol........so much for being a charity concert.......

I wonder if there were donation buckets at the entrance???

Last edited:

The kids attending 'the immortal world tour' was hunky-dory. It was all about how cute the kids are, MJ would be so proud. No concern about missing school, posing for photos, inter-acting with the media.

Few days later at the MJ forever concert, the bitching and moaning, dime store psychology starts anew.
I didn't see the kids on stage at the Immortal World Tour, I didn't see Blanket crying at the Immortal World Tour. These are totally different circumstances.

Christina is not receiving good reviews

Christina Aguilera Lumbers Through ‘Michael Forever Tribute Concert’ Performances
Written by Trent | Filed under Christina Aguilera,Michael Jackson

After images of Christina Aguilera’s set at the ‘Michael Forever Tribute Concert’ at the Millennium Stadium in Wales were released earlier today, it was only a matter of time before footage of her performances would surface. Unfortunately, the noticeably larger singer disappointed with a clumsy rendition of Jackson’s mega hit ‘Dirty Diana’ that left her sorely out of breath.

Thankfully, Aguilera, who will be releasing a new album in 2012, rebounded with a powerhouse rendition of ‘Smile’. Watch the footage of both her showings below:

‘Dirty Diana’

‘Smile’

Aguilera sounded beautiful and natural while singing ‘Smile’. Clearly, she does her best work when she is given the space to breathe and flex her vocal range. However, the opposite was demonstrated in her performance of ‘Dirty Diana’. Vocally, Aguilera delivered a solid show and surprisingly didn’t use the song as an opportunity to scream but her current weight is definitely making it difficult for her to sing.

In fact, the only thing more awkward than listening to Aguilera fumble the lyrics near the middle of ‘Dirty Diana’ and gasp for air near the song’s end was watching her onstage in that ensemble. Perhaps, she should consider dressing in outfits that suit her current size and don’t constrict her movements.

http://thelavalizard.com/2011/10/ch...michael-forever-tribute-concert-performances/

Kind of sad to hear that about Aguilera, I really do like her. Then again, this is one person's opinion. I actually wonder how the brother perform without a strong lead. I can't really image how they sound, but I guess that's what youtube is for. Toya, I want to see her perform just to see how the heck she sung Jam. It isn't a vocally challenging song, but it's fast.

Michael Jackson's mother Katherine refuses to back down over tribute concert for her son - Celeb News - Celebs + TV - People.co.uk
Michael Jackson's mother Katherine refuses to back down over tribute concert for her son

A SERIES of ferocious rows over last nights Michael Jackson tribute concert has threatened to blow the famous family apart.

Jermaine, 56, Randy, 55, and Janet, 45, begged mum Katherine to axe the Michael Forever gig at Cardiffs Millennium Stadium due to its grotesque timing with the manslaughter trial of Jacksons doctor Conrad Murray.

But Marlon, 54, Tito, 57, Jackie, 60, and La Toya, 55, insisted the tribute went ahead. Defiant mum Katherine ruled the show must go on, telling the family, its what Michael would have wanted. But the siblings are at loggerheads with both sides refusing to back down.

Jacksons children, Prince, 14, Paris, 13, and Blanket, nine, have even been dragged into the feud after they appeared on stage at the gig. Jacksons only daughter performed wearing a replica of her fathers iconic red jacket from the classic Thriller video.

michael-jackson-image-2-296613742.jpg

Jermaine, Randy and Janet had bombarded Katherine, 81, with pleas to reschedule the event and refused to travel to Wales. They argued the family should all be concentrating on seeking justice for Jackson, whose hits included Wanna Be Startin Somethin.

And the painful nature of the evidence about the King of Pops final hours presented during this weeks hearings only angered them further. In a statement, Jermaine and Randy said: We feel that the most important tribute we can give to our brother is to seek justice in his name.

But Marlon tried to play down the family feud yesterday, saying: We respect the decision of Jermaine and the other members of my family to stay away.

Honour

When you try and please all, you please none. The concert is to honour Michael, to pay tribute to his life and career and remember the great music he did.

In a show of support to mum Katherine, Jackie added: It was good for mum to get away to take a little breather as they were showing all kinds of images in the court of Michael and she took that hard. So it was good for her to come and remember her son.

pics-image-3-67273225.jpg

Tribute: Tito, Jackie and Marlon arrive in Cardiff yesterday

As he arrived on the red carpet in Cardiff yesterday, Tito said: Im going to enjoy the show. Im going to remember Michael used to be with us on the stage. It makes us feel good inside. Were excited to be back together.

The show, compered by Hollywood star Jamie Foxx, featured a string of superstars including Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson and JLS although the Black Eyed Peas pulled out.

Beyonc› also covered a Jackson 5 hit via video link.

michael-jackson-image-5-387633932.jpg

Stars: Compere Jamie Foxx and JLS

A family source revealed: This concert has literally torn the Jackson family apart, despite them trying to gloss over the situation for the sake of Michaels fans.

Organisers were also banned from using Michaels image and likeness on promotional material due to legal issues with the Jackson estate. Its all very sad.

La Toya came out of retirement to perform and told how she was looking after her brothers children. She said: Im taking care of the kids. Now they can appreciate all the different artists coming together to honour their father. It shows how special their father was. Out of all of them, Paris will go into showbiz. Her voice is very good and she has got rhythm too. I want Paris to make sure this is what she wants to do.

michael-jackson-image-3-698974183.jpg

Sister act: La Toya in Cardiff yesterday

I didnt know if I wanted to do this because Ive been in retirement for so many years. But I said, This is for Michael. I have to, I have to.

Jackson died, aged 50 as he was preparing for a string of comeback concerts in London.

in the above video you can also see beyonce's performance

which happens to be very similar to

Blanky crying for being on stage?!! why boy? how come? Mike was younger than u when he used to perform in sex clubs, see how lucky u r !!! probably spoiled too!!! MJ nevered DARED to cry on stage when Joe was incharge , he was more worried about messing a dance step and being stripped naked , oiled and beaten !!!!

MJ needed propofol to sleep , apparently Katherine and Joe are sleeping well and Blanky has a promising 'future' credit to them. Karam my ass !!!!

Soundmind, in THIS I do agree with you. Well-spoken. Lest we FORGET what Michael endured?

IMHO, concern for those precious children is NOT negativity, at all! That concern is born of LOVE, for Michael. There is no confusion about how he wanted them raised, and this is NOT it. Blanket's eyes in that photo have the same haunted expression as Michael's eyes. The tear? At least Blanket was "allowed" to cry on stage, and Michael was not?

In that video Beyonce didn't look pregnant or isn't she showing yet?

In that video Beyonce didn't look pregnant or isn't she showing yet?

Beyonce has been doing that song in her latest concerts (the ones before she announced she was pregnant) , the second video is actually a recording from her concert. My guess is she recorded her performance from her concerts with a little change (costume / hair and finished the song) and sent it to GLE.

Funny thing is when weeks ago we heard that Beyonce would be a part of it via video, we had predicted that it would be a video from her concert covering a MJ song. We turned out to be mostly correct.

I saw that clip where Blanket said it's an honour to introduce their father. I find I do that. I talk about Michael in the present tense at times and correct myself.

So they didn't have any pictures or anything of Michael there? I still feel that it would have been better with the estate involved and different time.

The belt that Paris is wearing is the commemorative belt Joe Jackson tried to sell.

2u5x4i1.jpg
:eek:mg:
A few weeks ago Paris was photographed with a bottle of stinky perfume next to the guy who looks like a pimp, and now she's wearing this "beautiful" belt. Obviously she's being exploited as a model for their garbage products. :puke:

On another note, every time I've seen Toya lately I keeping thinking that she should stay out of Michael's closest. It annoying enough Jermaine does it, but she doesn't look good in glitter and she shouldn't Michael's 80s outfits.

Someone tweeted Paris about MJ would not have liked this.

moonwalkerJ
@pariisjaxn MJ would have never wanted u guys on stage. He had NO childhood and protected u. Im so sad his wishes r not bein respected

pariisjaxn
@moonwalkerJ so u don't like the fact that we went on stage to represent him? ok

moonwalkerJ
@pariisjaxn I understand u wanna honour him, however entire world KNOWS u on stage is against ur fathers wish & Im really sad for MJs sake..

I really don't think it's right for people to be saying these things directly to the children by tweeting them. Whatever we all think of the appropriateness of the tribute gig and whether it was shoddily put together or whatever, I have no doubt that Mike's kids wanted to be up there to represent their father. Blanket is still very young, very shy and lost his father at an very young age, so will find it much more difficult to be up there in front of 40,000 people - but it doesn't mean he didn't want to honour his father.

And for the record, as long as the kids aren't forced into the limelight, then it is ok in my opinion for them to make a rare public appearance to honour their dad. Paris and Prince seem very happy to do that, and it probably helps them to deal with their grief because they are honouring their father. Blanket is still very young and seems a bit overwhelmed and still very shy.

To be honest, I stayed away from this for a long time. For me, the combination of the trial and this tribute with all its controversy began to be too much. As the trial progresses it gets even harder for me as I think of what he was going through and being put through 'then', hearing evidence and seeing def and pros 'exhibits'. Then to switch mental gears and think about celebrating his life? Nope, too tough for me. Maybe this concert was a good thing to enable many people to celebrate his life but all it makes me think about is his death. Hearing those short clips of Christina A. sing made me want to cry remembering how Michael sounded and looked, that sexy body, those compelling eyes and that wonderful powerful voice, even his mere presence which makes all others seem so pale, so one dimensional in comparison.

Then I saw the BBC video of PPB on stage and have such mixed feelings. Prince and Paris are old enough sure to decide if they want to participate in a tribute but Blanket is only 9. Just a little boy and no doubt influenced by his siblings and other family members. I doubt he was forced on stage but there is forcing and 'forcing'. And that is what guardians and parents are for...to say, no, even if you want to or even if others want you to, I think you are too young.

But just like the rest of us, I am not privy to what goes on in the family. Perhaps this was seen as a one time event to allow the three of them together the chance to publicly honor their father. I sure do not know.

I remember seeing a clip of when Paris was little and Michael asked her what she wanted to do when she grew up and she said 'I want to do what you do, Daddy' Michael asked 'what do I do' and Paris replied 'You sing and you dance'...Seeing her in that clip on that stage and I can't help but wonder how soon she indeed will 'sing and dance'. Being up on that stage and feeling emotion from the audience must be pretty heady stuff.
And when you are only 13 and realize that you might have the power to make thousands of people respond to you, well it would take a strong person not to be seduced by such a feeling. Michael may have given them a good foundation but even the strongest foundation can be eroded with time. And that is what I hope doesn't happen with them yet I fear it will.

I think I've strayed a bit from the topic. Anyway I am relieved this tribute is over.

Paris talks about Blanket being on stage:
KateOConnor3 Kate O'Connor
@pariisjaxn if you forced him to do it, thats cruel
1 hour ago
in reply to ?

@pariisjaxn
P?ris J?ckso?
@KateOConnor3 he did it willingly
1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Seriously who are these people to start laying into Paris accusing her of forcing Blanket onstage? Fans need to support these kids because the three of them are the best way for Mike's legacy to live on - their love for him had no strings attached, there is no ulterior motive for any of their actions and in years to come as they get older they will be the one's to honour his legacy and speak up positively for their father.

MscassieMollie....... I want to personally thank you for the yeoman's work you do on the MJJC Board. You are appreciated.!!!!

Back