MJ: His Death Has Been His Greatest Comeback

I, too, wouldn't even care if he decided to retire from music entirely, at least I'd know that he is alive somewhere breathing the same air in the same world as I.

I don't care how many more records he will continue to break, Michael is still gone.

And These "media" people are not new fans, they are just superficial suck ups to me.

Agreed. I see nothing positive whatsoever about MJ's passing. I don't care how many records he's sold after he passed 'cause i'd prefer for him to him to be ALIVE here on earth. I wish he was here doing what he wants to do and watching his kids grow up. Who cares about record sales? Myself and most fans care about Michael the PERSON. I wouldn't care if he never made music again, I just wish he was alive and well. I couldn't care less about record sales esp. in the way that the article is talking about.

I'm sorry I could not say the same... :cry:

I don't even care if Michael never made a 'comeback' into the industry anymore if he could have live to see his children grow and experience life again.

Agreed! =(
All the music and everything is unimportant! The most important thing is just that he should live and be with his family and his children now!

Media people probably think that the only thing Positive about Michael's death is the ratings they got and hits. They probably Like the fact that he died so they can use him more ratings and make shit up about him. :(

Death is a comeback?! What the hell is wrong with society?!!! F***!

Agreed. I see nothing positive whatsoever about MJ's passing. I don't care how many records he's sold after he passed 'cause i'd prefer for him to him to be ALIVE here on earth. I wish he was here doing what he wants to do and watching his kids grow up. Who cares about record sales? Myself and most fans care about Michael the PERSON. I wouldn't care if he never made music again, I just wish he was alive and well. I couldn't care less about record sales esp. in the way that the article is talking about.

Well said.

It's crazy because people should have supported and show respect while he was ALIVE not when he died all of a sudden everyone adore him. I became a fan of him in 2001 and yes maybe that was late to some but I was 14 at the time and was mostly raise on janet but still knew who he was but became a diehard in 01 and I was a fan throughout that martin interview and the trial and those years were not good probably why I take offense to people jumping on board all of a sudden lol .And I know there was alot of people like myself who was still fan's of him but michael was treated terrible in his last years and all this loving is B.S. The respect he's shown now is expected because he left a legacy but it should have been shown more when he was here.I could care less if he never toured again.

So you would rather have that same population of people not care for him? If they continued not to care for him when he passed then they would've never learned about the man behind the music, videos and performances. All they would know about was '93 and '05, they would've never learned of all the lies that was told on Michael and they would continue to believe that everything negative said about the man, was all fact...Thats what pushes some of the "new fans" away from this board, because of the distaste some of you have for them, and for no reason at all, which in itself, just isn't right.

The only thing wrong with this article is the title and some of the wording she decided to use, other than that she meant well.

So you would rather have that same population of people not care for him? If they continued not to care for him when he passed then they would've never learned about the man behind the music, videos and performances. All they would know about was '93 and '05, they would've never learned of all the lies that was told on Michael and they would continue to believe that everything negative said about the man, was all fact...Thats what pushes some of the "new fans" away from this board, because of the distaste some of you have for them, and for no reason at all, which in itself, just isn't right.

The only thing wrong with this article is the title and some of the wording she decided to use, other than that she meant well.

It's my feelings on it and it won't change if people took it the wrong way well then too bad if they are really fans then what I said should not offend, it's just sad and Unfortunate

It's my feelings on it and it won't change if people took it the wrong way well then too bad if they are really fans then what I said should not offend, it's just sad and Unfortunate

How can people take it the wrong way, I went by what you had typed, it seems very clear, to me anyway, the point you were trying to make within your text. But this is the internet and things get misinterpeted (sp) wrong, so my apologies if you meant something else. But I don't see how you can talk about people being there for Michael, when you are so negative to these people that you don't even know, or know how they felt about Michael before he passed on. There's no love in that, Michael was never so angry and resentful to people, especially a stranger that he never met before or had any idea who they were.

But again, if you meant something else by your text, then my apologies.

I am glad he has new fans that is wonderful but the fans that have been through hell and high water with MJ. The ones that have been ridiculed, laughed at and called crazy. We have a deep deep passion for him. That is what happens when you have been through hell with someone you care about. The deep bond is there. So I wouldn't dare run new fans off but it is insulting to the old ones in some way that everyone and their uncle is jumping the I love Michael Jackson bandwagon. Eventually, we will get over it as we become to know one another and we will be one big happy family.

How can people take it the wrong way, I went by what you had typed, it seems very clear, to me anyway, the point you were trying to make within your text. But this is the internet and things get misinterpeted (sp) wrong, so my apologies if you meant something else. But I don't see how you can talk about people being there for Michael, when you are so negative to these people that you don't even know, or know how they felt about Michael before he passed on. There's no love in that, Michael was never so angry and resentful to people, especially a stranger that he never met before or had any idea who they were.

But again, if you meant something else by your text, then my apologies.

It's not even that serious if someone just became a fan or not i'm just saying the new fans (the ones after june 25)all of a sudden jumped on board and alot that I have seen in various places never liked him before that's all , my comment wasn't a direct comment at anybody on here I was speaking in general. I don't know how the new fans are treated on this board because I rarely post on here so I'm not aware but I stand by what I said in my post .

I am glad he has new fans that is wonderful but the fans that have been through hell and high water with MJ. The ones that have been ridiculed, laughed at and called crazy. We have a deep deep passion for him. That is what happens when you have been through hell with someone you care about. The deep bond is there. So I wouldn't dare run new fans off but it is insulting to the old ones in some way that everyone and their uncle is jumping the I love Michael Jackson bandwagon. Eventually, we will get over it as we become to know one another and we will be one big happy family.

I agree with this, and I can understand. And I see what your saying now bugz, you're speaking of those you've encountered it seems, if thats the case, then I apologize for my previous statement towards you.

It's not even that serious if someone just became a fan or not i'm just saying the new fans (the ones after june 25)all of a sudden jumped on board and alot that I have seen in various places never liked him before that's all , my comment wasn't a direct comment at anybody on here I was speaking in general. I don't know how the new fans are treated on this board because I rarely post on here so I'm not aware but I stand by what I said in my post .

Michael's heart is that he LOVED.........and LOVES ALL his fans!
Let's all help make this place a place of love and respect for eachother however long we have been here.........or been fans.............( the two are not respective) :agree:
Let's HONOUR Mikes name by loving eachother!!! :yes:

Last edited:
I THINK the title is a bit Confusing the community.

We all are sad that Michael passed. But the concept this sentence is used in Tells us "That Michael Jackson will live on for Generations. No matter where you live, what language you speak; No matter what kind of music you like."

Skyes are blue, snow white; fire is hot, Music is Michael Jackson.

Might not sound Poetic. But very Epic. (You can lookup Epic on wikipedia it describes Michael)thought it was interessing to share.

Its heartwarming to see new Generations being blown away by his Genius. Making his presence aware among the Eternity.

I just wanna say, sadly, the title really is true. Even with the concerts, I don't know if Michael really would have made as big of an impact on the music industry. All of a sudden, his albums are selling, singles are selling, and he had a #1 movie. What is sad is that it was his death that made it happen.

I just wanna say, sadly, the title really is true. Even with the concerts, I don't know if Michael really would have made as big of an impact on the music industry. All of a sudden, his albums are selling, singles are selling, and he had a #1 movie. What is sad is that it was his death that made it happen.

I disagree with you; Did you forget the concert selling out? He was alive when that happen. That was the tip of the iceberg. There was more greatness to come from his different genre's of art. That is a lie. No offense to you. I just feel differently.

I disagree with you; Did you forget the concert selling out? He was alive when that happen. That was the tip of the iceberg. There was more greatness to come from his different genre's of art. That is a lie. No offense to you. I just feel differently.
Exactly, The man was NOT dead when he sold out 50!!! dates at the O2, nor did he have any media backing, he went there and did it all by himself. It was not a bunch of guilty feeling ppl (guilty b/c they dropped him) jumping on the bandwagon who bought his tickets. those were the ones who bought his albums. but he sold his tickets all by himself. despite the mass media mocking him at every chance. I'm just glad he got to experience and see that he was loved. he left this earth knowing he still had IT.

i really can't agree with this. MJ sold a million units a day, every day of his life. at least. then he bought a catalogue. he could sleep dollar signs. i could go on. the media said that his death is his greatest comeback. they say that all the time. about many artists. but, in this case, it's not true. it was just reported. that's all. it really depends on what you call a 'comeback'. if you mean, success...then, i have to disagree. the attacks against him, by people wanting to sue him, were among the biggest signs of him always being successful. every time he was successful, with a new project. somebody sued him. lots of lawsuits. nuff said.

To me he was always here and when he announced his concerts and all 50 sold out so fast it was like proof to people (doubters) that he was still here. He did it by himself and the fans were the ones he could count on not the media that's for sure. I would trade all these concerts for Michael to come back and be with his kids.

As stated, that article was written by Nadine Sutherland (she was a child star here in Jamaica) back in the 70's, she still performs. I think whats throwing people off is the title of the article, I personally don't care for it, but I don't think she meant any disrespect.

If you step outside of being an ardent MJ fan for all these years, you probably will be able to see the view she wrote this article from. I remember when Paris spoke at the Memorial people started to say how she 'humanized him' and that pissed me off 'cause I was like 'what the hell was he before?' but death has a way of making some people see things in a different light.

Disclaimer: Some of you are gonna be upset if you don't read the whole thing. I ask that you read it all before you choose to reply to anything I've said.

"His Death has been his greatest comeback"

I disagree with the wording, but I agree with the general premise. I believe that NOTHING would have vindicated Mike more than death. As spectacular as the This Is It shows could've been and as incredible as the album he was working on could've been, it would not have been enough.

Over the years, Michael Jackson has become the punchline to numerous jokes and been looked at as nothing more than a weird, plastic surgery obsessed, used to be black and is now white child molester. In the court of public opinion, he was guilty when the 1993 accuser's family took the $20 million (I know the insurance paid 15 million and not the 20 thats widely reported, but let me make my point). No matter how weak the Arvizo case was, most people thought "again? he must be guilty." The slanted media attention did not help at all. I'm not sure how it was in other countries, but here in America, this is how it was. The overall thought seemed to be, "he made good music at one time BUT...." What followed would be anything negative, regardless of if it was true or not.

Fast forward to June 25, 2009. Many fans' excitement had been building since the announcement of the shows. Fans were making travel plans, buying new outfits, and expressing their excitement to see Michael again. The general public knew that there were shows coming up, but didn't care much. He's just a 50 year old broke weirdo that needed the money to get out of his 400 million dollar debt. There had been very little positive reporting about him in over 20 years. Why should they believe he was going to do anything spectacular?

Then he died.

Death has a way of bringing the positive to the forefront. The most positive thing about Michael Jackson's professional life is his music, his short films and his performances. Everyone knew who Michael Jackson was. What his death did was force people to remember why everyone gave a damn about him in the first place. All he wanted to do was make music and perform on stage. In the weeks after his death, we were bombarded with all of his videos and singles over the course of a 40 year career. His songs were all over the radio and his short films were plastered on all of the music channels. Add that to the fact that there was footage of what he had been doing leading up to his death. Creating new performances, creating new short films and creating new music. That's why people cared about him in the first place.

With all of the technology that is available, it is easier than ever to access anything. Just youtube it. Youtube suggest other videos for you to watch. This may lead people to watch videos that the average consumer forgot about or didn't know exist. The Thriller video could lead to Remember The Time, which could lead to Earth Song which could lead to In The Closet.... When something is widely reported or is constantly around, it feeds public interest. His death did just that.

His death was not his greatest comeback, because he never left. I believe his death was his greatest resurgence. It was his return to prominence. Once again, it was all about the music, the short films and the performances.

really good saying.....in one point,from the view of the general public,i think this article is just ok like you mean.

I agree with all of you guys. What I don't get is why now they (the media) want to be nice to him. Why didn't they treat him well when he was actually here to appreciate it?! I always knew this would happen tho, I knew the day he died the media and haters would change their tune and start talking about how great he was. Hypocrites. :( If you can't support or honor someone in life, why do it in death?

cuz its human nature

I'm sorry I could not say the same... :cry:

I don't even care if Michael never made a 'comeback' into the industry anymore if he could have live to see his children grow and experience life again.

I agree with you. Though in a way , unfortunately as for many greats , he did have to die to be acknowledged to his fullest... which is so damn heartbreaking... :(

As stated, that article was written by Nadine Sutherland (she was a child star here in Jamaica) back in the 70's, she still performs. I think whats throwing people off is the title of the article, I personally don't care for it, but I don't think she meant any disrespect.

If you step outside of being an ardent MJ fan for all these years, you probably will be able to see the view she wrote this article from. I remember when Paris spoke at the Memorial people started to say how she 'humanized him' and that pissed me off 'cause I was like 'what the hell was he before?' but death has a way of making some people see things in a different light.

but you make the opposing point, with the phrase 'ardent MJ fans'. the strength is in the numbers. there's more ardent MJ fans than general public. there are people in countries we cannot spell the name of, who have always been MJ fans. what we tend to hear, that makes us make the mistake of MJ being 'more respected in death', is who is behind the big microphone. we tend to hear those behind the big media microphone, more than we hear the quiet fans, around the world who always bought his music, before June 25. that's how he remained the biggest selling artist of all time. the punchline stuff was led from behind the microphone. but the definition of a comeback, is someone who didn't sell, returning to be someone who does sell. MJ never stopped selling units.

why do we have to define respect and recognition by someone not being the butt of jokes. the greatest people, have their greatness, while being the butt of negativity. that's where the term 'haters' comes from. Maya Angelou wrote a poem, about the most successful people being the target of haters. there are people still wishing MJ was just thrown in a landfill, after June 25. but best selling artist, is still best selling artist. and..by the way..there wasn't a time, when MJ went outside, that he wasn't chased by ardent fans. that's why the media kept hating. it was no comeback for MJ. the media kept trying to goad the world into pressuring MJ to tour for at least 12 years..the entirety of his raising of his children, until the time those o2 concerts were announced. and fans were begging for it, during the entirety of those 12 years. at any time, if MJ decided to tour, he would have sold out the venues. but he chose to raise his children. so his whole life was a greater success than any artist's comeback.

Last edited:

I know that, I'm quite aware of that. I remember coming here and seeing chart data during the weeks following March 5th. I also remember that was nothing compared to what the sales data was the months following June 25th.

I know that, I'm quite aware of that. I remember coming here and seeing chart data during the weeks following March 5th. I also remember that was nothing compared to what the sales data was the months following June 25th.

and MJ said 'it's not how the story starts, it's how it ends. how it goes, over time. people tend to mistake a mentioning of a sales spurt, with not paying attention to how Michael did, the entire run. his story was ongoing. the o2 plus constant charting in the UK and other nations, plus, his catalogue, plus post june 25 plus this is it. so, it's too ongoing to just be judged by post june 25. it never stopped. to judge it by a spurt, here and there, is like judging a movie by it's first two weeks, and forgetting that, in the third week, it went immediately to dvd. a spurt isn't a comeback. it's just another addition, for Michael Jackson.

distasteful
Agreed. Soon as I saw the title of this article, I felt disgusted:angry: The writer of this article must be an airhead or something.

When Michael was alive, everytime I saw pics of him and his kids, I prayed he would grow old happily watching his kids grow, living comfortably after all he went through. I would picture him as a happy grandpa....Now he's gone and I feel sadness every single day:boohoo

Sh*t, I ain't got no space in my mind to think about how this article can be fair. The moment I saw the title, it got me.

i can't even read the article the title just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. people who care about michael(michael's family/friends/fans) would rather have him alive.

Well said A. Sizzle - I agree with you. It's the same for any popular artist - their death made them popular all over again. I do think the writer should have worded the title differently (I couldn't read the article yesterday simply because the title made me mad). I have read it this morning and it is, overall, a very positive piece.

Back