MJJ411: Updates in the John Landis Case (PAGE 8)

Re: MJJ411: Updates in the Syl Johnson Case

The school has a Web site, but their contact form does not work and has not forever. I've tried to contact them about this some time back, but I feel that they'd listen more carefully if the person (or group of people) contacting them are actually from the area and not from distant states. The cover was never meant to be permanent, at least two high up people from the district said as much when they so quickly covered it up in November 2003.

Stephanie Brady (District Spokeswoman) said that they would cover it "for the time being" until the case was over, while implying that it would be removed if he was exonerated. Celia Ripke (Principal) echoed similar remarks, and that she felt Michael was innocent until proven guilty.

LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Gardner Street Elementary School
7450 HAWTHRON AVENUE
LOS ANGELES,CA 90046
PHONE: 322.876.4710
FAX 322.878.0954

I just finished my letter. Since they have no e-mail adress I will send them a protest letter.
Surely it would have a bigger impact if the protest would come from the USA but I'd say every voice counts and if there is no protest, as long nobody seems to bother they won't unveil it.
Of course they told the story that it would not be permanent to calm people down, to hold things in check. They hoped people would forget about it and it seems as if their strategy has worked.

Re: MJJ411: New Bad Figures (PAGE 5)

They actually remind me of those cartoon characters from moonwalker! :lol:

I like them dolls!

These figures look nothing like Michael;) well, except the clothes;) The should have tried harder making these..

I love your signature picture, MJJ411. :cheers:
Where was Michael Michael Jackson, when this picture was taken?
image.php

Now that's what I call a 'bad' figurine. Alas, they don't quite look like Michael from Bad.
Could have been worked out better. The Thriller figurines were great, got them both, but these ones aren't perfect. The face is indeed more like Jay Leno's...

Edit: I guess I'm gonna wait for some more pictures from different angles. Maybe I'll get the one with the pointing finger after all. If they could just slim his cheeks and chin a bit...

Last edited:

image.php

looks like the whitehouse when he got that award from the pres and nancy

image.php

Could be taken from the White House! But not sure.
A very nice picture BTW!

Thanks for the responses. Yes it does appear he is in the White House. :yes:

east-room-piano-clinton.jpg

image.php

no. you are right. jay leno...eeeeeeeeee

:lol: Jay Leno. that made me giggle. Agreed these are...pretty Bad.

I dont like the Bad figures!
Jay Leno is a very good point of view*lol*

:lol: Oh no. It's Jay Leno in the Bad outfit. *shivers* lol

Maybe taking off just a smidge of the chin (and giving the dimple a little more prominance)and bringing in the jawbones just a tad might fix the prob. And the mouth is either too large or the top teeth too short. Tip of the those could be a teeny bit less rounded. I know, tis pathetic to have someone's face down to a science. I worry for myself often. :nerd::ermm:

On the plus side, the outfit and body looks awesome!

I think the figure is OK.

It sure could have been made to look more like the real MJ during the BAD era, but it's ok.

I would like to have one!

Re: MJJ411: Michael Jackson Sued by the Saudi Prince? (PAGE 7)

arnt you just a bit behind, Im sure thats the lawsuit that was settled in November in London between Michael and the Sheik of Behrain about the 2Seas mess!

we're stretching it a bit now...

and it's a Bahraini prince, that site is mistaken.

i guess its something new if its not just someone mistaking the bahrain case. the law firm are based in the USA. its the one londell works for if i remember right.so nothing to do with uk bahrain suit. the info has been on leslies site for a while.lets hope its just someone getting things mixed up

^^ but i guess it's the bahrainian case popinh up again.cuz Michael hasnt been in Suadi lately or I dont remember anything about him being there or working with them lately

hopefully yeah. as u say the only saudi thing i remember was with the whole kingdom entertainment stuff in 96

It's a mistake, they are referring to the Bahrain case. David Waldron (part of the London-based Dewey & LeBoeuf division, not New York) was on Michael's legal team for the Bahrain case. It's old and done with.

http://www.legal500.com/firms/50581/offices/9074

Dewey & LeBoeuf’s team includes Alastair Crawford, who joined Dewey Ballantine pre-merger from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP; post-merger he combines with a series of prominent partners including David Waldron, Damian Cleary and Deborah Ruff. Waldron was recently instructed to defend Michael Jackson in a significant case brought by a member of the Bahrain royal family.

thanks tscm. so david waldron works for the london branch of Dewey & LeBoeuf? thats why he repped mj in the bahrain case

It's a mistake, they are referring to the Bahrain case. David Waldron (part of the London-based Dewey & LeBoeuf division, not New York) was on Michael's legal team for the Bahrain case. It's old and done with.
It's good to know. Thank you.

Leslie wrote on her blog that Peter Lopez doesen't work for Michael anymore. I wonder if it's true.

Peter Lopez Is Out?

According to some sources, Peter M. Lopez is no longer Michael Jackson's music producer.

The information has not been confirmed yet.

It's good to know. Thank you.

Leslie wrote on her blog that Peter Lopez doesen't work for Michael anymore. I wonder if it's true.

Peter Lopez Is Out?

According to some sources, Peter M. Lopez is no longer Michael Jackson's music producer.

The information has not been confirmed yet.

Oy! Wait a minute? Was he ever a music producer of some kind? I thought he was an attorney/manager type person.

Old news....

Thank God! I was about to wonder if there was a game of musical chairs by these Princes to sue MJ.

Oy! Wait a minute? Was he ever a music producer of some kind? I thought he was an attorney/manager type person.

Thank God! I was about to wonder if there was a game of musical chairs by these Princes to sue MJ.
You're right, wendy2004. Peter Lopez was never Michael's music producer. The following is from Michael's "Thriller 25" CD cover...

Legal: L. Londell McMillan, Dewey and LeBoeuf LLP and Peter Lopez, Kleinberg Lopez Lange Cuddy Edel and Klein LLP.

See, if MJ doesn't have a lot of legal issues to deal with anymore, there's no need to have a lot of attorneys around.

Things are now quiet in Michael Jackson Land. Quiet is good. :yes:

You are right, that was my mistake. You would call him a manager or entertainment attorney.

Updates in the John Landis Case

According to my information there are two different cases launched by John Landis.

Landis sued Michael Jackson first through his production company on January 21, 2009. This case has been well publicised by the media around the time.

However Landis filed another case as an individual on January 28, 2009. In this second case Landis sued the Nederland Organization as well, saying that the company has no rights to licence the Thriller video for the Broadway.

Jackson's official spokesperson, Tohme R. Tohme and Jackson's new business partner, James L. Nederlander has been deposed in the case already.

Next hearings:
03/02/2009 - Non-Appearance (Case Review)
05/18/2009 - Initial Status Conference
05/11/2009 - Initial Status Conference

Court documents for the second case: http://reporter.blogs.com/files/thriller.pdf

Last edited:
Back