MJJC Urgent Member Notice - Re Sharing Stolen Copyrighted Material - ALL Members must read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony - maybe if you did the right thing, you wouldn't be in this predicament. You've pissed too many people off.

just a thought but this should be on the front page of mjjc and included in the tos when new people sign up prince org had to put a simlar rule ijn place years ago i dont see what thr big deal is

good point more info spread about it because this could easily be missed gone some days and come back only too download something and then your banned not knowing your doing anything wrong. a pm to every member and a warning in 2000 watt would be great to protect members being banned

It's a ridiculous move of Sony. They can't seriously think they will prevent people from sharing with controlling one board. If people can't do it here, they will do it somewhere else. For preventing piracy, they would need to control the whole internet.
And why are they so harsh only with Michael Jackson leaks? Personal issues?
Anyway, I understand that actions must be taken to prevent them from taking this board off. But a life long ban is very hard. Is it Sony that wants members IP banned?

Right @ everything.

Also: the people that have been banned for life will be able to restore their memberships on here at some point?

We haven't received but short, quick answers so far, that don't precisely address the issue of people getting banned permanently overnight for their actions and sentenced to life ban from MJJC. And how and what exactly Sony are controlling. And if the life bans were set by them again. Living in fear is not going to be happening on here. Sure, everyone must realize they can no longer share anything from two-faced Sony, it's clear as day now - not for many, though, who, as said before, haven't been able to be made aware of this yet.

My suggestion would be that a standard message be forwarded to the e-mail address of all members here, so that everybody knows what will expect them from Sony and how a life-ban sentence is gonna get them good. That has not been done and that is very unjust and non-professional.

We are being asked to understand this. How about some more empathy for those that got wiped off from here in a heartbeat, with no chance of returning. There has to be a way they can return at some point, for maybe more people are gonna leave this place because of such gross injustice caused by Sony and not properly communicated to the ignorant masses. The forum would get switched off by itself in that case.

This whole 'What would you do if Sony threatened you..?' For that's loud and clear that that's the case..that's way off. And not just that, but again, especially how people weren't being told and explained clearly about this issue, that the bans were made Beforehand. Again, how is that justice? It isn't. Why hasn't this been addressed, like those people mean nothing, when in fact the members are keeping a forum alive most of all, without them, it would be nothing. Some wonderful people were banned, once again. And for one, I could care less about leaks and listening to them and all that, didn't care much about them even before, for it wasn't what Michael wanted to put out anyway. Hope they won't get leaked from now on for the best of everybody, and mostly hope that Sony will start to release all the songs they may plan to release with Michael in them for a change. And hope that their control won't be extended further -- but I don't feel that's the case, and pray that I am wrong. ...

Also, why can't the Sony matters and questions be addressed now, or at least these days..? Whose idea was it regarding the permanent bans? Sony's or the administrator of this forum? These are valid questions, and people here deserve this much: an honest, less vague answer. ..

Yes to everything above. Why is it so hard to answer the question of the permanent bans??

A simple yes or no should be easy.
There are no questions that have been asked that should necessitate leaving us twisting in the wind of uncertainty for days and days.
This should be a place where we are comfortable and should be feeling secure. The longer these questions remain unanswered, the more that comfort and security are eroded. This is not a good thing.

I dont have anymore answers I am afraid at this point, all you need to do is conduct yourself in an honorary fashion and you will be safe.

If anyone feels they were unjustifiably banned they may appeal to our member service who will look into it, memberservice@mjjcommunity.com

cinzia;3381958[B said:
]Yes to everything above. Why is it so hard to answer the question of the permanent bans??
[/B]
A simple yes or no should be easy.
There are no questions that have been asked that should necessitate leaving us twisting in the wind of uncertainty for days and days.
This should be a place where we are comfortable and should be feeling secure. The longer these questions remain unanswered, the more that comfort and security are eroded. This is not a good thing.
Gaz has already said that the people that have been banned could send a e-mail to member services. Hope this helps..:)See his above post..

I dont have anymore answers I am afraid at this point, all you need to do is conduct yourself in an honorary fashion and you will be safe.

If anyone feels they were unjustifiably banned they may appeal to our member service who will look into it, memberservice@mjjcommunity.com

How does the IP banned members who can not browse the forum know about this adress? Did they receive a "YOU ARE IP BANNED FOR LIFE" notice with an email adress to appeal to?

@Lesky

the website (http://www.mjjcommunity.com/site/) has a contact us section. MJJC has a public twitter. Don't worry many users for many issues easily find a way to contact member services. We get tens of emails per day from members who can't access to the forum for one reason or another.

Something I don't get: it's been going round that sharing within PM's is not allowed either. Why exactly? I mean, the things are supposed to be private, right? How would Sony know if sharing goes on in PM's unless someone's monitoring our private messages? That would not only be a huge violation of our privacy, but is even illegal in a few countries, you know.

What's the difference between IP Ban and regular Ban?
I don't get it :no:

If one gets a "regular ban", he/she cannot sign in and post, but can still view certain sections as visitor.

If one gets a "IP ban", he/she would receive an error message when accessing MJJC. He/she is completely blocked from MJJC.

Copyright Warning and Piracy Action
Dear Members

Anyone uploading any of the tracks or the full album will be instantly banned.

We will not let anyone shut down MJJC due to piracy.

To those who have continuously not listened to what we have said time and time again will be permanently removed from MJJC, this is purely to ensure we are not taken to task due to a few members who clearly do not care about our community.

We am sorry it has come to this.

Lets not destroy what we have with a handful of threads.

I am sure we do not need to remind you guys what is aloud and what is not.

Regards

Team MJJC

This is a sticky in the 2000 Watts Vid-DVD-BluRay section. Unclear to me whether this meant to be an across the board warning about piracy in general or about one album (from the way it is worded). It dates from Dec last year.

Oh come on people, just put the pieces together and stop complaining to Gaz and the staff. Nothing they can do but comply with Sony.
I wasn't here last night, but I saw some snippets on other forums, which does raise the question why weren't they contacted by Sony?

Putting all the pieces together of what I've read apparently songs have been stolen of a Sony server. Either internally stolen, or some smartass broke into their servers. Which raises the question with me, why put things like that (of what you know millions of people want to hear)on a server. It's really not that hard to break into....... Only if you try the Pentagon :) (btw if it's easy to get on a server, it's easy to work around an IP ban. And I hope that doesn't give me trouble saying that haha)

Who ever did that put some snippets online, which ofcourse went like a fireball to all the forums and fans. They all repeated by uploading in different places. Sony found out they had a hack on their server and files were copied.
If Sony then says to Gaz we want your full cooperation to see if we can find who did this, then he has no other option then to cooperate. The files are placed on his forum. Sony is a powerfull company who can easily shut this forum down.

Times are changing. Leaks can't be placed that easily. Won't mean there won't be leaks. Just means they will be shared underground instead of placed of a forum. As in the end we all want to stay here and have fun. I can totally understand the action Gaz has taken. Some more explanation would have been nice for a lot of people, but then he probably had a lot of other things to take care of as well.

Something I don't get: it's been going round that sharing within PM's is not allowed either. Why exactly? I mean, the things are supposed to be private, right? How would Sony know if sharing goes on in PM's unless someone's monitoring our private messages? That would not only be a huge violation of our privacy, but is even illegal in a few countries, you know.

Listen, Gaz, the owner of the board, is asking not to do this. Is it too difficult to do what he asks? If you want to exchange some links, can't you do it via email? Some people just create problems over nothing. Everyone has an email address, so use it :)

I personally have listened to no leaks. That doesn't make me a better/worse person than someone who is glued to leaks and actively searches them out. I don't care what anybody does, but I do care when it puts this forum in jeopardy. That is my main problem and concern. It does not come to this board. Too much work and dedication has been put into this forum for it to face the consequences of illegal activity and file sharing. Please consider that before using this forum as a platform for this type of activity. Times have changed, that much is painfully obvious, so please respect that and each other and of course MJJC.

Because MJJC does not encourage this illegal behaviour. How is saying don't do it in public but you can do it if you hide it any better than just letting it happen openly on the board.

That's like saying please don't take illegal substances in the workplace. But if you hide yourself in the toilet and do it it's completely fine and not a problem because nobody can see.

No, anything to do with sharing these files happens nowhere on MJJC whether it be on the public board or by PM. Thanks for your co-operation. :)

ok thanks and for to make sure i understand, its the new leaks, not songs before Michael came out?

Lets just go over this after which I will close this thread.

All I ask you is to please do your level best to not share songs that were stolen from the servers of the Sony Music Corp.

They do not have a say in the running of this place

When a crime is committed its irrelevant whether by pm or on the public boards, its still actively sharing thus piracy and its an offence.

My actions are purely to ensure we all have a home

If I did nothing we/I could be sued and MJJC shut down as a perpetrating platform for piracy.

I do not know the whole song catalog

At a guess I believe its the cascios songs that are not on the album Michael.

All you have to is go about your business in a honorable manor to which you will be safe.

No I do not read pms, I simply do not have time - I do a search of a given subject for instance a song title thats about the large of it all oh and I and only I have access.

And lastly unfortunately we have the greater glare from Sony as we are the largest and most active

Like Michael once said "bigger the star bigger the target"

Lets move on.

Thanks for listening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back