Movie cliches that p**s you off

I love this conversation about serial killers and thought about starting a thread about them but i dunno if the staff would be ok with that. If someone thinks it would be ok please start a thread.

You mean like these?

This scene is not from a film, but from a TV show, but anyway:

Kid+Lucy.png

3045626532_2f08d02d95.jpg

chucky_by_toothless422-d31h4dw.jpg

I dunno, I like them. :D

The first pic, I recognized this, that's "Elfen Lied", I never saw that anime, I'm not sure that counts because it's animation since I love animations. Yeah something like that, I just don't like the idea of clowns and dolls being killers.

Well Pop, as far as clowns are concerned lol, i got three words for ya buddy: John Wayne Gacy. According to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy

Sorry if i shocked anybody. Some people are just sick and, as a consequence, inspire the movie industry i guess.

Yeah I may have heard about that. That guy is sick I tell ya. He's SICK!!!

The first pic, I recognized this, that's "Elfen Lied", I never saw that anime, I'm not sure that counts because it's animation since I love animations. Yeah something like that, I just don't like the idea of clowns and dolls being killers.

Yes, that is correct. It is "Elfen Lied." I highly recommend the series, by the way. If you can tolerate animated violence, the story is worth viewing.

As for a thread dedicated to serial killer research, I'd be totally game for that. I'll PM one of the admins and see if it's ok with them first, though. It may need some sort of warning, or something, so kiddies don't get in. IMO they see worse things at school, but we ought to follow proper netiquette and ask the staff first.

You mean like these?

This scene is not from a film, but from a TV show, but anyway:

Kid+Lucy.png

3045626532_2f08d02d95.jpg

chucky_by_toothless422-d31h4dw.jpg

I dunno, I like them. :D

Yes, that is correct. It is "Elfen Lied." I highly recommend the series, by the way. If you can tolerate animated violence, the story is worth viewing.

As for a thread dedicated to serial killer research, I'd be totally game for that. I'll PM one of the admins and see if it's ok with them first, though. It may need some sort of warning, or something, so kiddies don't get in. IMO they see worse things at school, but we ought to follow proper netiquette and ask the staff first.

Are you saying I can check out "Elfen Lied"? Animated violence doesn't bother me much, here's a funny, well not really funny, one time I was in my room, I heard a bump, it was my little brother, he collapsed seeing a either an scene or AMV of "Elfen Lied", he said he fainted. When I first saw Dragonball Z, I thought it was to violent at first, but I loved it, animated violence, even from anime has never bothered me.

I think it's a good idea for the warning, because we don't want kids to get a fear of all this.

Yes, if you can somehow get a hold of it. Unfortunately for you, the YouTube user who uploaded it on April of this year's channel was taken down, so it is no longer on YouTube, as far as I know. However, if you have friends or contacts who own the series, I uphold my initial recommendation.

Anyway, thread has been derailed enough. My apologies to all.

Single person admires wants to fall in love finds someone they go out fall for each other,
in the middle of being together something goes wrong and they split up for the rest of
the film the now single agin person begins to regret the break and wants to get back
togther mainly because the fear of being alone, the person they were once together has
moved on and at the last moment the single personburst in on the the person they've fallen
for and they get back together before the credits roll.

PASS THE BUCKET

Yes, if you can somehow get a hold of it. Unfortunately for you, the YouTube user who uploaded it on April of this year's channel was taken down, so it is no longer on YouTube, as far as I know. However, if you have friends or contacts who own the series, I uphold my initial recommendation.

Anyway, thread has been derailed enough. My apologies to all.

No need, my brother did see it though. I hate when YouTube does that taking down what I wanna see or planning to see. I don't I know anybody who has it, besides I don't have a YouTube account.

Single person admires wants to fall in love finds someone they go out fall for each other,
in the middle of being together something goes wrong and they split up for the rest of
the film the now single agin person begins to regret the break and wants to get back
togther mainly because the fear of being alone, the person they were once together has
moved on and at the last moment the single personburst in on the the person they've fallen
for and they get back together before the credits roll.

PASS THE BUCKET

This. It's like the plot to every modern romantic (comedy) movie. That's why I have no interest in the genre anymore. It's the same story every time.

the gay guy always being the smartest, wittiest,funnniest, etc

Yeah, and the straight girl always being the prettiest/most liked female protagonist. There's a movie cliche which totally p---es me off. I totally forgot about that one. Thanks for reminding me!

This. It's like the plot to every modern romantic (comedy) movie. That's why I have no interest in the genre anymore. It's the same story every time.

The only film in the genre I can watch is 500 Days Of Summer

Can we name entire genres as film cliches which piss us off? If so, I nominate "romantic comedies," which are neither romantic nor amusing.

I'll PM one of the admins and see if it's ok with them first, though. It may need some sort of warning, or something, so kiddies don't get in. IMO they see worse things at school, but we ought to follow proper netiquette and ask the staff first.

Sorry to de-rail the thread again but any word back on if such a thread would be ok? :)

Objects that are in no way flammable bursting in to flames when shot at :/

Girl meets guy, girl hates guy, something tragic happens in girls life guy there to help girl realizes that maybe he isn't so bad after all, girl and guy fall in love, ICK!

Last edited:
When something is gonna explode then heroes are running away in slowmotion at last seconds and falling down. And camera is usually in front of them, so you can see behind them how the thing explodes and how they are falling down in slowmotion.
It doesn't bug me much, but it's usually in every action movie.

Thought of another...one character has some extraordinary experience, and is trying to tell their friend about it, whom of course doesn't believe them and thinks they're lying or joking.

-In any group of people including a black guy, you know he wont make it until the end.
- The girl and the guy hate each other, but will end up magically in love at the end
- There's a huge explosion, but miraculously, the hero appears, with only a few cuts and bruises, just enough to look sexy
- useless females who scream every 10 seconds, and watch the hero fight the villain with a horrified look, which doesnt help much; move your a** sister!!

the black guy always dying in the movies

the stereotypical gay best friend in movies (particularly Romantic comedies)

shoehorned romance (I'm looking at you Thor)

the two best looking people ALWAYS surviving lol

overweight people dying in goofy/clumsy ways

If Jaws was made today we'd have Chief Brody as a handsome 25-30 year old with abs and would be always walking around with his shirt off. Matt Hooper would be a women and Chief Brody's love interest and Quint would be a black guy.

Some (should I say, many?) female characters always have some deep-rooted issues when they choose to be single and don't wanna get married.
They don't go gaga over their imaginary wedding dress and honeymoon, as they "should" and that is depicted as a problem :doh:
{Well, in real life, I haven't seen women getting overly excited about wedding stuff or the idea of marriage itself.}

The kind of women fall into one or more than one category below:

- They are workaholics and dangerously driven.
- They have unresolved "daddy issues".
- Their EQ is low.
- They're selfish, plain and simple.
- They're immature.
- (Yall fill in the blank.)

They eventually realize they weren't living right or something was missing in their life and they decide to or get married in the end. Or at least, they start thinking positively of marriage.
In the process that leads up to the finale, they're constantly told, directly and/or indirectly, "Straighten up and fly right!". It can be from a person or a certain situation.

I'm like, why they have to tell me "Things will eventually turn out right", IN THIS WAY?
As much as liberal and free-spirited Hollywood might seem, deep down, it's very conventional and proper when it comes to the message its movies try to deliver.

-In any group of people including a black guy, you know he wont make it until the end.
- The girl and the guy hate each other, but will end up magically in love at the end
- There's a huge explosion, but miraculously, the hero appears, with only a few cuts and bruises, just enough to look sexy
- useless females who scream every 10 seconds, and watch the hero fight the villain with a horrified look, which doesnt help much; move your a** sister!!

+ 1 for me

Back