MTV finally admitting the truth: MJ received the Artist of the Millenium Award in 2002

does anyone else wish he never got in the habit of going to these award shows and picking up made up awards that they coaxed him there with to pamper to his ego?

i mean how ridiculous is the title "artist of the millenium" anyway

but i do think its DISGUSTING what MTV did.. just wish MJ didnt lower himself to this crap

No, he did not. What MTV is today is total crap. Michael was better than them. Always has been. I cannot be proud of what MTV is today. They did that to themselves.

^^Edited my previous post for clarification.

P.S. I haven't watched MTV in over 12 years.

I'd wear em...

fuck-mtv.jpg

^^I'll take two. One to wear everyday and one to wipe myself with when I go to the loo.

Very ridiculous. But with Michael Jackson, it's not. He really is the artist of the millenium and he deserved the award.

Where the heck would MTV be without him anyways??? They were so wrong for doing that. I hope Michael didn't feel all that sad or upset, because we all know how sensitive he is.

And Vic, what do they mean, "teach Jackson a lesson"?
A lesson in what?

I have absolutely NO idea. Michael in a lot of ways CREATED MTV and the genre of music videos. So, I don't know. Teach him "a lesson" about the risks of being black? I really don't know, but that was a horrible time for him, and he did no wrong. . and he deserved better. He had every reason to expect that award. Does anyone really think he would attend the MTV awards for a BIRTHDAY cake? They hurt him, and they should apologize, even though they are very tardy. . . .

sorry to say.but F*** MTV!
i am so pissed & upset right now:(
MJ made MTV! ppl just somehow forget his achievement and don't know the word 'RESPECT'!

I knew there was a reason I hated Jack Black on sight!

nobody watches either MTV or JB anyway these days. bastardos.

sorry to say.but F*** MTV!
Hmmmph! Dont be sorry. :sleep:

I have absolutely NO idea. Michael in a lot of ways CREATED MTV and the genre of music videos. So, I don't know. Teach him "a lesson" about the risks of being black? I really don't know, but that was a horrible time for him, and he did no wrong. . and he deserved better. He had every reason to expect that award. Does anyone really think he would attend the MTV awards for a BIRTHDAY cake? They hurt him, and they should apologize, even though they are very tardy. . . .
Innnnndeed!
icon14.gif

Poor Michael.

How infuriating it must have been to know that the people you helped put on the map, only want to tear you down. They want to humiliate you in front of thousands for their 'ratings', when without you...they would probably not even exist.

Michael made MTV into 'Music Television' not 'Stupid-Ass-Reality-Television'....MTV quit playing music when music quit BEING music. Half of the things that they TRY to play on their station are so bleeped out and edited the songs don't even make sense! Music is really no longer what it once was. It is now all computer generated, over synthesized crap.

As far as I'm concerned, real good music passed with Michael, because he was the epitomy of a true artist. (And Janet too probably) His music will live on forever I know, but MTV should never ever have the honor of playing such good music on such a sh$*#&(y channel.

Period.

F them. Boycott begins now =]

Even though none of us watch MTV anymore ( i know i dont bc its dead to me! espeacialy after they decided to cancell the only music show they had their station TRL) i think we should encourage people to boycot anything related to MTV and have those bastards taken off the air bc what they have done to Michael is sick! Those a**holes should have been kissing the ground he walked on. not to mention MTV doesnt even play music anymore at all so why should they be allowed to stay on and continue to humilate Michael in life and death and to be allowed to air the crap that they do. MTV just makes this world a even shitter place bc they dont even care about how they treat people like Michael as long as they look "cool" and get their "rattings". Whatever. MTV can go straight to hell!

Poor Michael.

How infuriating it must have been to know that the people you helped put on the map, only want to tear you down. They want to humiliate you in front of thousands for their 'ratings', when without you...they would probably not even exist.

Michael made MTV into 'Music Television' not 'Stupid-Ass-Reality-Television'....MTV quit playing music when music quit BEING music. Half of the things that they TRY to play on their station are so bleeped out and edited the songs don't even make sense! Music is really no longer what it once was. It is now all computer generated, over synthesized crap.

As far as I'm concerned, real good music passed with Michael, because he was the epitomy of a true artist. (And Janet too probably) His music will live on forever I know, but MTV should never ever have the honor of playing such good music on such a sh$*#&(y channel.

Period.

F them. Boycott begins now =]

hah, I boycotted MTV a loong time ago. It's sad but teens watch it, pre-teens yet they portray women as bitches and hoes. Gangstas and Emos. Viacom (well now CBS corp I think...) owns MTV, BET and more.

this pisses me the straight off.. i too remember that night like it was yesterday... and it was announced that they where honoring him and then the whole.. its your bday crap.. GRRRRRR MTV blows!

I remember watching it.
I was thrilled my Boo was gonna be on TV.
I got nervous when he hit his shoulder on the wall before taking to the stage.
I was pissed Brittney gave him the award lookin like a hoe (what else is new??)
When she started to open her mouth though, I got pissed off.
You could hear a pin drop in that place. Everyone had that :wtf2 look on their faces.
I couldn't stand to watch him say anything. Turned off the TV and went to bed. I cried into my pillow.

MTV can SUCK MY SOCKS!!

mtv nowdays suck so bad.I'm not watching this programme for years..
they are not anymore music programme..so f*** them :angry:
Michael practically made mtv..

I remember watching it.
I was thrilled my Boo was gonna be on TV.
I got nervous when he hit his shoulder on the wall before taking to the stage.
I was pissed Brittney gave him the award lookin like a hoe (what else is new??)
When she started to open her mouth though, I got pissed off.
You could hear a pin drop in that place. Everyone had that :wtf2 look on their faces.
I couldn't stand to watch him say anything. Turned off the TV and went to bed. I cried into my pillow.

MTV can SUCK MY SOCKS!!

Lol! Amazing! I have always used that phrase. ( SUCK MY SOCKS!! )
For yeeeaaars! I even almost used it in my previous post on this thread!
I thought I invented it since I never heard anyone else use it before....or after.

But I echo your feelings.....line by line....of that night.

MTV is just like the rest of the media. They r regrtting there actions now too. Should have apprecitaed him when he was alive. Most of thier " star" producers like Akon, Diddy, Rodney Jerkins all appreciated him.

I've heard Michael say it too.

Lol! Amazing! I have always used that phrase. ( SUCK MY SOCKS!! )
For yeeeaaars! I even almost used it in my previous post on this thread!
I thought I invented it since I never heard anyone else use it before....or after.

But I echo your feelings.....line by line....of that night.

Let's all bombard MTV with e-mails about how hypocritical and tasteless we find them to be, and let them know they'll now be boycotted by thousands of MJ fans! I want to tell them that the only thing they can do to make up for a tiny bit of this is issue a full, honest apology, admitting to exactly what they did.

Even though none of us watch MTV anymore ( i know i dont bc its dead to me! espeacialy after they decided to cancell the only music show they had their station TRL) i think we should encourage people to boycot anything related to MTV and have those bastards taken off the air bc what they have done to Michael is sick! Those a**holes should have been kissing the ground he walked on. not to mention MTV doesnt even play music anymore at all so why should they be allowed to stay on and continue to humilate Michael in life and death and to be allowed to air the crap that they do. MTV just makes this world a even shitter place bc they dont even care about how they treat people like Michael as long as they look "cool" and get their "rattings". Whatever. MTV can go straight to hell!

Yea MTV is DEAD to me!!!!

Boycott begins NOW.

It's not ridiculous when it is pertaining to Michael, His is and will always be the "artist of the millennium". To try and take that from him and make fun of it is f'd up. MTV can go straight to H***, Kiss my A**, and SUCK MY SOCKS.

Bit**es

Why they have to go and do this. They should have just kept their damn mouth shut, opening up old wombs and SH**. I despise MTV.

I'm already in attack mode. At this point, anybody who talks bad about Mike is at the top of my SH** list.

And that is not a good place to be. :rant:

Back