Much Too Soon - Discussion

IvoryKeys
"And can we say HELLO Karen Carpenter influence on this?!?!?!?! It's Totally there! "

But what about Karen Carpenter? This song is written by Tom Bahler too ?
For me this song ia a little bit like Scared of the Moon. Lyrics, mood, inspiration i geuss...

I see the Karen Carpenter influence through his voice, and the chosen instruments. His voice to me just sounded SOOO much like how she would sing it! It's definitely not a bad thing AT ALL!

And yes, it does really combine some of his greatest ballads like One Day In Your LIfe and Ben.

Now, as someone said they thought about his relationship with LMP....well I can sorta see that, but I wonder about it. Wasn't this song written and recorded around the early 80's? Now, is that still the same vocals i'm listening to today? I haven't figured that out yet. Which "Michael" we're listening to.

Could somebody answer that question as well?

Re: Much Too Soon - full version leaked

dear Lord, don't let the Kanye part in the start stay in the song. it is the only thing that ruins this perfection.

btw, I am sure this is not from 1981, it must be 1990something, or even later.

I believe the Kanye part was added in due to try and stop the song from being removed onto YouTube.

Some fans on other mj forums reckon its not mj
they are more then pathetic then. If someone isn't recognizing Michaels voice in MTS, then listenig to Michaels music all these years was for nothing.

One good advice for them, just leave it. don't waste your time and money for everything that comes out from now on.

It's definitely MJ. Compare with Beautiful Girl, the tone he uses to sing these two songs is almost identical.

But does anyone wanna discuss the lyrics? I kinda don't get them all the way yet, like how he says he "learned my lesson much too soon". So, he basically asks the girl to go with him, and she answers no, and he learns his lesson much too soon? I guess I just need some interpretation here. Obviously it's about a relationship that has went sour. Does anyone have some ideas?

My opinion if you do not mind.:) He asked the girl and she said "NO" to him because she was hurting maybe?. It feels like he made a mistake and she closed his heart for him. This is why the part of the lyrics says: "I learned my lesson" So, it was a lesson... .
The line "But I learned my lesson much too soon" also menas imo that she did not come back to him yet. For her it was impossible to start again at the moment? This is why the lyrics says: "much too soon". Simply it was too fast for her to start realtionships with him again because she was not ready fot that but he was and he is the one who wanted her back. This is my understanding of this part of the lyrics. The rest of it is stright forward imo :)

Last edited:
Some fans on other mj forums reckon its not mj

I guess that is those stupid idiots boycutting the album and claims everything is fake.

FAKE seems to be their favorite word. It's lame and pathetic.

I do understand if some think BN is fake, also those the family claims is fakes - the cascio somgs. - But to claim MTS is fake is plain stupid.

It annoys me really. Why don't enjoy this wonderful time without conspiracy theories and fake talk all the time.

MTS is 100 % MJ - ENJOY IT !!

I guess that is those stupid idiots boycutting the album and claims everything is fake.

!!

Wait a minute! I am not buying an album but do not call me stupid. OK? I am boycotting Sony but I have my own reasons. Calling everybody "stupid" is very disrespectful.Folks boycutting Sony do not claim that EVERYTHING is fake. Your information is incorrect.
I love MTS song and it def Michaels' vocals but it does not mean that I am going to buy this album. I hope it is clear enough:)

Last edited:
Wait a minute! I am not buying an album but do not call me stupid. OK? I am boycotting Sony but I have my own reasons. Calling everybody "stupid" is very disrespectful.Folks boycutting Sony do not claim that EVERYTHING is fake. Your information is incorrect.
I love MTS song and it def Michaels' vocals but it does not mean that I am going to buy this album. I hope it is clear enough:)

Then you are not one of those of whom I was speaking.

SOME claim that everything is fake, and that's pure stupidity. :puke:

Some have some issues with SONY and are trying to destroy the album for some insane reason, it was those I meant. MJ had NO problem with SONY the last 5-6 years of his life, so why some fans are so stubborn to still hate SONY is beyond me. Get over it already. MJ did, so sure we can!

MTS is of course MJ, no doubt what so ever, and those who claim it's not MJ should go see a doctor.

I'm sure Hess means the ones that come into threads like this only to say.."FAKEEEE!" and then never respond again, or if they do, it's the same thing over again.

Some have some issues with SONY and are trying to destroy the album for some insane reason, it was those I meant. MJ had NO problem with SONY the last 5-6 years of his life, so why some fans are so stubborn to still hate SONY is beyond me. Get over it already. MJ did, so sure we can!

It is beyond me too, that some fans are not able to see a big picture and use brain sometimes. It is nothing about destroying the album from my side. I did not buy THI IS IT, I am not going to buy this album and anything what they will release in the future at least by the end of the trial. I want to see what kind of facts for analytical minds this trial will unveil and then I will make my decision. When the artist is alive it is one thing. The situation has changed with his passing and I want to know what happened with this person first before I support a new album and trust everybody who made good statements after his death. I hope it helps.

Last edited:
I'm sure Hess means the ones that come into threads like this only to say.."FAKEEEE!" and then never respond again, or if they do, it's the same thing over again.

Correct.

Those are the ones. Those who are just negative and seems to get joy from bringing the rest of us down. It's like they are trying to destroy our exitmenent - and I am sick of it. I am looking forward to the release and NOONE should try and bring me down. :(

Right back where I wanna be - Standing though you're kicking me !!

My guessing is maybe the song is bout his on/off going relationship with LMP....just my thoughts.

I saw some of the lyrics on twitter and it nearly made me cry

Why do people need to relate every love song MJ sang to LMP? This was written way before he even met LMP.

No. It was written by Michael.

Correct. I realized that.
I read on JacksonVillage Forum that this song exist in two versions maybe.

Learned My Lesson (1981) (Michael Jackson)Michael Jackson
Two versions known to exist
Source: United States Copyright Office (registered in January 1985)

Much Too Soon (1981) (Michael Jackson)Michael Jackson
Outtake of the album THRILLER (1982)
Sources:
Bruce Swedien
Michael Jackson's court disposition in Mexico in November 1993

Why do people need to relate every love song MJ sang to LMP? This was written way before he even met LMP.

I knew that was going to happen! That's why I asked earlier in this thread when it was written. I wanted to get the truth before that might have come up.
I hope this doesn't become one of those songs where facts are ignored because it fits a certain story better.

No offense to the original person who posted their opinion on the song.
I'm not saying you are ignoring any facts.
You are allowed to post your opinion, of course.
(Just want to clear that up, I'm not looking for a fight :))

I'm getting pretty much tired of all the "This is not MJ" discussion, every time a new song comes up....

Im tired of it too, but i guess some fans feel weary when its comes to mj songs now. Especially now with him being gone :(

To me, this track is such a treasure. It's just amazing, and yes massive carpenters influence. Very emotional song and lyrics that are really emotional.
I'm so thankful to have it on this album. Easily now one of my fav tracks. Love it, thank u mike!

This would be a perfect movie song...great for a Disney movie, actually. Actually, I think MJ would have been a PERFECT voice for a classic Disney movie like Aladdin.

This would be a perfect movie song...great for a Disney movie, actually. Actually, I think MJ would have been a PERFECT voice for a classic Disney movie like Aladdin.

I agree...He's got the same magical appeal as Disney....:D

it reminds me of be not always mixed with the verses of destiny....

I've had it up to here with some people coming into every thread just to say its fake. Leave it alone. You are entitled to your opinion but you are bringing everything and everyone down. Enough with the negativity here.

Back