Music & Me vs Ben vs Who's Lovin' You

Ahhh, ok well the bottom of the list would be Ben, it's a cute song and sang well but the other two are more powerful to me in different ways..

Who's loving you to me Is a perfect example of Michaels vocal skills at that age and how he was able to emote emotion through those vocals.

Music and Me to me is a song that IS Michael.. "we've been together for such a long time..." that fits Michael too well not to be special, especially the fact he sang that before he even scratched the surface of what was to come.... I've always thought it would have been amazing to have recorded that song later in life and twined the two vocals together like a duet.. "I'll be there" style like the Pepsi commercial.

That song, Music and me, if I watch that with a good edited collage of footage of MJ could make me cry any day lol!

Ooo, wow. Tough choice. Although, I think "Ben" vs. "Music & Me" would be a more interesting match, since "Who's Loving You" kinda sticks out with its overall "feeling" more in the blues realm than the other two. With that matchup in mind... Both are incredible songs and vocals, but "Music & Me", with its guitar instrumental makes it a more timeless song; this makes it edge out against Ben to me, if ever so slightly. Again, all 3 songs are incredible though. Of the three, "Who's Loving You" is my personal favorite.

I have to go Music & Me - perhaps to go as far as saying the best MJ song of the Motown era!!!?

Who's Lovin' You is the better live performance song that shows off Michael's voice and emotion.

I love Ben, but it's a battle between Music & Me and Who's Lovin You to me.

I kneel down to the live version of Who's lovin you. If that doesn't prove Michael's vocal talents even as a young person I really don't know what will do.

However Music & Me is so autobiographic, even at such an early stage not knowing what is yet to come, it just connects on a much more personal level.
It's a tie between those two to me I think.

We still had him the last time I had heard those songs. I L.O.V.E. those 3 songs. Out of those 3 Music and Me gets my vote. But out of all the songs he did back in the 70s. Maria, Loves Gone Bad, One Day In Your Life, and Happy I totally L.O.V.E. more than those 3. Especially the song Maria because of the fact that my middle name is Marie. I think Maria is best song he ever did back in the 70s. His voice was just so incredible in that song.

WhEEeeEeEeen I had yooouu! Love love love that part!

Smokey himself said Mike sang it better than him. :D
For me, it's Who's Lovin' You, Music and Me at a close second (mostly tied) and then, the wonderful Ben.

I love them all, but when Michael belts out the beginning of 'Who's Lovin' You', it hits me right in the chest with goosebumps that cover my body :bow:

Music and Me. The song always makes me think that despite everything MJ just wanted to sing (and dance). It's also my favourite song in MJ tribute videos.

Such as -

In a nutshell, it's a beautiful song.

Music and Me. The song always makes me think that despite everything MJ just wanted to sing (and dance). It's also my favourite song in MJ tribute videos.
Amen. When you strip away everything else, "Music and Me" IS Michael. It moves me to tears whenever I hear it in a tribute. Even in 'Moonwalker'.

Would of been amazing to hear adult Mike sing these songs!!!! I guess the closest we have was when Michael sang Ben in 1981 during the Triumph tour.

Is this the last time Michael sang Music and Me?

http://youtu.be/UfHzy7oShCY

Amen. When you strip away everything else, "Music and Me" IS Michael. It moves me to tears whenever I hear it in a tribute. Even in 'Moonwalker'.

Exactly my thinking. One of my favourite songs of his. His voice is beautiful in it.

Would of been amazing to hear adult Mike sing these songs!!!! I guess the closest we have was when Michael sang Ben in 1981 during the Triumph tour.

Is this the last time Michael sang Music and Me?
I think so-I don't remember it in the Variety Show (76-77).

Toss up between Music & Me and Who's Loving You for me. The vocals on the latter are more impressive, but I totally agree that the former really fits Michael. I'd have to go with Music & Me.

I thin BEN is more epic than the others, but i must say "Music and Me"

Wow, very tough choice here.
The vocals on Who's Loving You are magnificent, simply marvelous, and as wipumj said Ben is just epic. However, as a few of you already mentioned, Music and Me IS Michael, so it gets my vote :)

okay for me its...

Who's lovin' you :blush: Michael's vocals are WOW there even for a 14 year old and I absolutely love that little 'story' that sets my heart ablaze before he 'belts' wwhhheeennn...

Second comes Ben. That is another 'heartbreaker' song of a love so 'misunderstood' really!
Then comes Music and me which reminds me more of Moonwalker whenever I hear it.

Back