my surgery went okay! :)

Davon, I'm glad to hear that everything went well for you, please keep us posted. :D :flowers:

Thanks you guys. When I went in Friday, they had to do 5 different shots in my arms in order to get the IV in. .... They said my vains were really small and couldn't find a good one to get into. They went up for one in my wrist and ended up finding an Artury there which they found was really ODD. I guess blood busted open, I don't know I had to keep my eyes closed because I was crying a lot because it hurt a LOT. After they busted the artery they had to put pressure on it really really hard. The lady had so much pressure on it I felt like a 20 pound rock was on my wrist. I cried and I cursed. My mom was in the same room and said DARVON.. but I couldn't help it. It hurt like hell.

While they were putting pressure on my right wrist, my left arm hurt from all the shots they tried to do. Then when they finally got the IV in there on my left arm... before I knew it I was in another room, trying to get my eyes open. I asked the nurse if I could hold her hand... just because. She said.. "okay" with a confused answer. So then I said thank you and let go of her hand.

Then I felt my pain in my stomach little bit... it wasn't that bad. Then I just started praying Hail Mary's for a speedy recovery. Then before I knew it my mom and boyfriend were there. :) I smiled because those are pretty much my two favorite people in the world right now.

Then the nurse asked me to go pee and whatnot... and then I was ready to go home. From the time I went in there to the time I got out It was about 4-5 hours... The nurse said I was a "Model" patient meaning I recovered rather quickly and had a good attitude about it. Also, when I went to the bathroom, I felt like I was on a ship or something and couldn't balance. (They had me on Morphine of course). My boyfriend also got me a flower. :)

So yeah when I got home I layed down on the bed and my boyfriend was there with me. Unfortunatly though my brother (whome I lived with) decided to have game night. So it got really loud... And I didn't get my pain killers yet either... so anyway to make a LONG story short I stayed at my boyfriend's house all weekend. It was nice and quiet and my boyfriend was very sweet to me. :wub: I love you guys, I'll tell you more about my weekend later. I plan on going back to work tomorrow morning. :)

Darvon...it sounds like you had the major surgery?? Or was it laparascopic? In laparoscopic surgery, the doc makes about 3 very small incisions, then uses special instruments to not only view the area, but take out the organ. Did you get a big incision or were they 3 small ones? Please let me know. I am in health care, and I am interested in 1.) Your diagnosis - was it inflammation or gall stones? and 2.) What did they do to remove the organ? I know this is gross, but I am interested. If I know, I can tell you what to expect next...which isn't much...so don't get nervous.

Whenever an artery "bursts" like that, it is IMPERATIVE that they use that much pressure on it, cause you could have bled out in a matter of minutes...sounds like you had some EXCELLENT care there...

Darvon,

Glad to know you are recovering well.

Didn't i tell you that everything would be just fine,girl?

get well soon,and rest as much as you can and need sweetie.

Love you

Darvon...it sounds like you had the major surgery?? Or was it laparascopic? In laparoscopic surgery, the doc makes about 3 very small incisions, then uses special instruments to not only view the area, but take out the organ. Did you get a big incision or were they 3 small ones? Please let me know. I am in health care, and I am interested in 1.) Your diagnosis - was it inflammation or gall stones? and 2.) What did they do to remove the organ? I know this is gross, but I am interested. If I know, I can tell you what to expect next...which isn't much...so don't get nervous.

Whenever an artery "bursts" like that, it is IMPERATIVE that they use that much pressure on it, cause you could have bled out in a matter of minutes...sounds like you had some EXCELLENT care there...

1. GallStones
2. They did the 3 small incisions... at the pre-opp they said something like they'd be making my stomach bigger with gas or something to make it easier. I also know they put a camera in there to see what they were doing. One of my incisions was bigger then the other ones though. There's actually one by my belly button.. two by my side.. and one above my belly button which is the biggest. When I have time I'll take pictures of my tummy and show you guys...

Thank you for that information about the Artery.. I was a little scared when they did that. Where they did it... it is still a little swollen... Let me just tell you LindaC... I'm sorry that this may be too much information.. but I haven't went number 2 since before the Surgery.. it's been at least a week since I went number 2.... and yesterday I was in a lot of pain, I think it was gas pain combined with that time of the month pain....

I haven't been eating my fruits and veggies as much as I should have been eating, so i think my body is trying to get use to this new "diet"

I still want to eat more healthy, but I just wanted to taste "normal American" food again. I can't wait till this week is over though, I'm sure by this weekend, the time of the month will be over, and the rest of my pain from the surgery SHOULD be over. Even though where they cut my tummy, if I touch it, it'll hurt. But like my dad always said... "Don't touch it!".. lol

anyways, any other questions? :) heh.....

1. GallStones

I haven't been eating my fruits and veggies as much as I should have been eating, so i think my body is trying to get use to this new "diet"

I still want to eat more healthy, but I just wanted to taste "normal American" food again. I can't wait till this week is over though, I'm sure by this weekend, the time of the month will be over, and the rest of my pain from the surgery SHOULD be over. Even though where they cut my tummy, if I touch it, it'll hurt. But like my dad always said... "Don't touch it!".. lol

anyways, any other questions? :) heh.....

Hi again Darvon...don't worry. Just increase your fluids...especially water...And make sure you follow the diet the doctor prescribed. You will experience a lot of gas...that's common after laparoscopic surgery....I am so glad you replied!! Take care ok? And don't stress out....it's bound to come out...believe me...LOL!

2. They did the 3 small incisions... at the pre-opp they said something like they'd be making my stomach bigger with gas or something to make it easier. I also know they put a camera in there to see what they were doing. One of my incisions was bigger then the other ones though. There's actually one by my belly button.. two by my side.. and one above my belly button which is the biggest. When I have time I'll take pictures of my tummy and show you guys...

Thank you for that information about the Artery.. I was a little scared when they did that. Where they did it... it is still a little swollen... Let me just tell you LindaC... I'm sorry that this may be too much information.. but I haven't went number 2 since before the Surgery.. it's been at least a week since I went number 2.... and yesterday I was in a lot of pain, I think it was gas pain combined with that time of the month pain....

THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR and CALL THE DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY:
1.) Bleeding
2.) Pain
3.) Infection
4.) Nausea and/or vomiting

If you experience any pain past the point where the doctor says you should expect to feel better, call him (or her)

Last edited:
Please pray for me. I got really really stressed out today. I had a nervous break down twice. I think it's because this surgery is finally coming to a reality. Before I was excited. Now I'm a little afraid.

Please pray for me... I am going to have my gallbladder removed.

Thank you.

~Darvon

(Update) My surgery went okay. I'll tell you a longer story of it when I get home tonight or tomorrow

hey 2 years ago i got my gallbladder removed too but i got alot of stones in my tummy and infection too and my gallbladder i was very sick in the hospilty
know i'm o.k but i have to get to different kinds of pills

i'll pray for you if i did well from my surgery i think you'll do fine at your surgery cause i what well on my surgery i'm not as well i was befor but i'm stronge too but i'll get there and you'll get there too
i'll pray for you
send me emails i'm on 24 years day o.k :)

Last edited:
Drinking plenty of fluids helps to form softer stools....also, do you have Colace in your country?? It's called Docusate Sodium...what it does is add fluid to the stool as it's forming in your GI tract...makes it softer....helps it to come out easier. Sorry to be so gross. Hey I'm a NURSING student. I have to get gross..

Good to hear that your surgery went well. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Last edited:
i'm happy that everything what will
i hope you get well soon

hey i know this will sound funny but we both can be buddys cause i got my gallstones out too
so send me emails and we can talk o.k

Back