Ne-Yo updates Michael Jackson's 'The Way You Make Me Feel' video in new 'One in a Million' clip: Wat

The song was a little boy-band sounding for me... it was nice though. Definitely saw some MJ moves in there. He's a good dancer, but its nothing to get overly excited about.

I thought the video was really good compared to 99% of the videos out there today, and the song's nice too. I like Ne-Yo and I've got nothinf against him for showing his love for Michael if he keeps making stuff like this. The downside is that even though it's a cool tribute to Michael, I kept thinking about how from now on I'll just have to do with people trying be like him, since he is no longer around to do it himself... So the video was kind of a bittersweet experience for me as well.

I thought the video was really good compared to 99% of the videos out there today, and the song's nice too. I like Ne-Yo and I've got nothinf against him for showing his love for Michael if he keeps making stuff like this. The downside is that even though it's a cool tribute to Michael, I kept thinking about how from now on I'll just have to do with people trying be like him, since he is no longer around to do it himself... So the video was kind of a bittersweet experience for me as well.

I agree with you for the first half of your post.. In my opinion it's a relief that Ne-Yo is one of the rare artists who tries to make an entertaining video which you can watch with granny and your little sister at the same time.. I love this music video.. The song is ok I guess.. Can't wait for the album though.. :D

I liked how the one dancer had the stripe down the side of his pant leg like Michael. The ending was kinda random though.

Neyo is good. His new song is straight MJ (Champaign life). Great song.

Agreed. I like and appreciate Ne-Yo's open admiration of MJ. He said before the album was out that it was going to be a tribute to Michael, so I'm not surprised by the video. It's nice to see Michael's influence, but like you, it reminds me that we won't ever get to see new work from the real man himself. "Bittersweet" sums it up for me too.

umm, I like the vid and the song

but I really like how they called Michael's homies "a posse of dancing goons" in the article
LOL!

Neyo is my favorite artist out right now. Of course he takes a little from Michael but that is what happens when they are inspired by someone. There is alot of Michael inspired artists out right now and it is only natural that you will see some of Michael in them. They are not doing it to rip him off they are doing it because they learned from Michael.

I just call this the remixed version of TWYMMF. Ne-Yo is truly inspired by MJ. You can see and hear Michael in Ne-Yo's presentation. Even down to the technique that Michael used to sing songs with the "grunt" before he sings, Ne-Yo is now starting to do the same thing. It is crazy! and quite frankly, I don't know how to feel about it just yet.

and let's not forget the WHITE SOCKS..........sheesh!!!!

the press is always thinking about it, so it's not dated. it's timeless, cus it's MJ. Neyo is just putting his spin on the idea.

:hysterical:!!!!! I love the ending. Otherwise, the video is eh.

I really like Ne-Yo. He is obviously very talented, his songs are good, hsi voice has "that something" and yes, he obviously admires Michael very much and MJ obviously has been a great inspiration for him. But what I like about Ne-Yo is that he uses MJ influences without giving you the feeling he is copying everything MJ did and is not trying to be MJ, like so many others, but rather trying to be an artist of his own who was inpired by MJ. He takes some things and then adds his own stuff to it. Michael's dance moves and videos were obviously inspired by old MGM movies and by James Brown, etc as well. (Smooth Criminal & The Band Wagon ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuJxYmJlEHY ) , Dangerous & Summer Stock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-rBZREQMw ) James Brown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2gEAvOW2nc&feature=related ). Michael always talked about Fred Astaire and James Brown, etc. and told everyone how much they have inspired him, so it was no secret either.

But just like others have said too...even though Ne-Yo is doing a great job and I do admire him as an artist (because like I said, he really does have a lot of talent)...seeing him dance and hear him sing makes me miss Michael. :cry:

let's not forget this version either:

he even does the silhouette dance at the end of the street!!

I dont think I can even watch this.
I cant stand singers trying to do MJ it just doesnt work,I just wish they would give it a break already.
Theres only one way for it too be done and its been done so just leave it alone

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

you can see Michaels influence in everything these days, Jason Derulo too. I dont see whats so bad about it to be honest, it shows how much they love him and he influences their work and artistry. Again whats so bad about that, everyone knows Michael is the originator.

Back