Ne-Yo updates Michael Jackson's 'The Way You Make Me Feel' video in new 'One in a Million' clip: Wat

rockstar

Proud Member
Ne-Yo updates Michael Jackson's 'The Way You Make Me Feel' video in new 'One in a Million' clip: Watch here

ne-yo_320.jpg
It’s a few beats slower than Micheal Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel,” but Ne-Yo‘s new video for “One in a Million” recalls the gloved one’s 1987 girl-chasing clip. Instead of following a vixen through an alley in the middle of the night with a posse of dancing goons, Ne-Yo and a gang of gentlemen prance through city streets clean in shirts, slacks, and wingtips.
Ne-Yo, a self-described M.J. fanatic, does a wonderful job being true to himself without turning this into a corny carbon copy. I can see Jackson’s influence. But there’s no crotch-grabbing plagiarism. The smooth mid-tempo cut is the third single from the singer/songwriter’s forthcoming album, Libra Scale. Check out the video to see if Ne-Yo’s charming ways, wizardry, and smooth steps actually win the girl over after the jump.

What do you think of the video? Think Michael Jackson up there enjoying Ne-Yo’s video?

here is link:http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/09/07/ne-yo-one-in-a-million/

It was cute. Didn't really like the very end. Hey!! I missed Columbus. Bummer! I really like him!

Wayne Isham?? That's the same guy who directed You Are Not Alone...go figure!

Excellent. I am happy to see that MJ was a source of inspiration, and that his legacy is going on. In addition the song is quite good. Real singing, no autotune, nice chorus also.

oooh, i loved it! I've always loved Ne-yo...great dancer, great video....But, man, it makes me miss Michael even more :cry:

Thanks for posting!

ooo i liked it...but the ending was kinda.... mmmm... whatever lol.

I actually liked the song, it was better than Beautiful Monster imo, and I appreciate Ne-Yo paying respect to Michael :)

OMG he's ripped off two of my all-time favourite artists there: Aaliyah's song title 'One in a Million' and MJ's vid. Not cool.

Well, it took him long enough to realise the girl had left......lol, the video is okay and I think the song could be a hit for him.

The MJ influences are certainly there, but I can't hate on Ne-Yo, he loved Michael and clearly was inspired by him, so its all good for me.

WELL... I like Neyo but at the same time...How the H*ll didnt he notice that the girl had already left? Mike would've :lol: But over all...I think its cool...but the ending... :scratch:

And I dont think he ripped of Aaliyah and Michael. I think he was, I guess, doing a tribute for them... hmmm Idont know... :unsure:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

I mean he's no Michael but you can give me Chris breezy or Usher all day when it comes to MJ but Neyo does get a pass ever sense He sang my all time love song Lady of my life at the bet awards. I support my people all the way so my hat goes of to Neyo and all the artist who are continuing to let the world know what MJ meant to them

Like any artist who loves Michael, they'd incorporate a bit of Michael in a whole song, or just in general. I like the video and song, although the ending was kind of cheesy.

I like it, good for him....I cant hate on him, he's repping MJ so im good.

someone needs to stop watching MJ's videos and open his mind up to different things.

My thoughts exactly...

Michael is a true inspiration, but does that mean that everybody has to directly copy everything he did? I don't mean to hate on Neyo for I know he is a huge Michael Jackson fan, but really now...

Decent video, good song! But, watching this further proves that Michael is unique - always imitated, but never duplicated.

Although the video has Michael written on it everywhere, it just doesn't have the spark and magic that Michael's videos gave us.

In TWYMMF, one has to root for Michael. One wants Michael to get the girl. But in this one, I can care less if Ne-Yo get the girl or not. Lol...

It's interested to know that Wayne Isham is the director of this video. I'm not familiar with his work. But, I do like the video of You Are Not Alone a lot. The imagery of You Are Not Alone is beautiful and heaveny. It's true that Michael always got the best from his collaborators. It seems to me that his directors, producers and choreographers come out with their best when working with Michael Jackson.

It's good to know Michael is the inspiration to so many new artists.

Neyo pays his respects to his hero in the best way he possibly can imo. Why are people against this? He's helping to carry on MJ's legacy which surely, is what we want, right?

I have never liked this guys voice..Props to respect mj and use his video but his voice doesn't do anything for me..better songwriter than anything else

the ending was kinda mmmmmmmm emmmmmmmm???????,,,,mmmmmmm??????????

So many artists copy TWYMMF, its an iconic video and a premise that can be applied anywhere so can see why he has done it. I do like Ne-Yo though!

I like the song actually, think it's a lot better than that beautifull monster song he did.
I have to admit I cringed a little when I saw him and the rest of the group wearing the white socks whil dancing. Don't really know why, it just seems like something Michael could pull off but them....not really. Stupid that I noticed something like that, I know lol.
I like the effort he put in the video but obviously it doesn't have the same vibe as MJ's video.

I like Ne-Yo, some of you need to stop bitching. There aren't many talented artists today, but he sure is one of them. He writes his own songs, does his own thing. It's a good thing he is paying respect to MJ, the video is not even that similar to TWYMMF if you ask me. I like his music. And stop comparing the dude to MJ, MJ is gone, and no artist today comes close to Michael. But Michael is gone, and live goes on.

Back