Neverland Ranch -- Returned to Former Glory

Very sad. I hope they come to understand the true meaning of Neverland, but I guess this is wishful thinking.

i like that its being restored to what it was even if they dont the rides, the animals and the train which it should bc its not neverland w/o those things. BUT i cant stand the fact that its being used for parties for bankers and who ever eles. to me it just doesnt seem right at all to be using Michael's home for such things w/o him there. I pray for the day that Michael's children gain control of the property. then finally it will be run the way it should be.

This is heart breaking for me. To think of Neverland being used this way by these blood suckers. Oh how I wish the last decade had been diffferent for Michael!

When I see how Colony treats Neverland I'm very glad Jermaine wasn't able to convince Katherine to bury Michael there.

Neverland was tainted like a scary criminal creepy place by the press (and the public) after the raid. So now its cool to capitalize at this place who was doomed for them after the raid?

Michael was driven out from this home, haunted.. and now these morons are having a party at the very same place?

June 25th was a wake up call for many people.. and some people saw the oppurtunity to show off their true colors.

My wish is also that Neverland goes back to his children.

tmz can't make up their mind, anyway. in the headline, they call it Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. and then, in the article, they call it Colony Capital's ranch. the headline was meant to get viewers, but if it wasn't true, they shouldn't have used it, anyway. suffice to say, it's still part MJ's, anyway. indeed, in it's worst state, Neverland was never really delapidated. it's too glorious, and has the sould of a beautiful person, to ever lose it's glory and beauty, in any state. in truth, even the 'worst' pics there, would have floored me, with awe, at their beauty, if tmz didn't distinguish their opinion on what's in those pics. you can't take the beauty away from a place like that. but the activity that's now being done on it, is ugly. and that's conlony capital's doing. but it's clear, they continue to be impressed by it, as they can never leave the place alone. i know MJ inspires awe in a lot of people, but sometimes, i wish that some activities would be left undone.

indeed, as someone posted earlier, the actions represented now, on the property are totally on the opposite spectrum of what Michael and the property represented. and it's metaphorical on a wider scale.

... and all that talk about Neverland being turned into a School/Academy of music....

What is all this??

This was not the idea of Michael for this place :no:

for me Neverland should be restored to be a Michael Jackson Museum... and Amusement Park at the same time... and continue with Michael work by taking poor/sick children to have fun there... without paying anything... all the things in Juliens Auction should go back there to make it a museum...

I'm glad it has been restored. It looks very nice. And I don't see anything wrong in having employess who could be any of us, investment bankers and financial ppl are not the devil btw. Many friends I know are in the investment banking business and are very nice and upstanding ppl.

I think it is nice they are celebrating CHRISTMAS, a holiday that Michael loved and missed celebrating during his childhood, but started celebrating when he moved to Neverland.

One day I do hope the children have control and they restore it properly like they remember it with all the rides, etc.

This made me happy. There are other things right now that are depressing me.

I'm glad it has been restored. It looks very nice. And I don't see anything wrong in having employess who could be any of us, investment bankers and financial ppl are not the devil btw. Many friends I know are in the investment banking business and are very nice and upstanding ppl.

I think it is nice they are celebrating CHRISTMAS, a holiday that Michael loved and missed celebrating during his childhood, but started celebrating when he moved to Neverland.

One day I do hope the children have control and they restore it properly like they remember it with all the rides, etc.

This made me happy. There are other things right now that are depressing me.

I'm with you.

it's already several times today that I heard of Neverland being turned into a music school. Where does this talk come from?

it's already several times today that I heard of Neverland being turned into a music school. Where does this talk come from?

TMZ story:

Neverland Ranch -- A Teen Haven for Music

12/18/2010 1:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff

The owners of the Neverland Ranch -- the former home of Michael Jackson -- want to turn the property into a teenage music haven.

1217-neverland-ex-credit.jpg

TMZ has learned Colony Capital wants to develop a business plan to turn Neverland into a small music institute -- similar to The Juilliard School in NYC. The plan is to teach teens all aspects of music, including writing and performing.

Colony wants to turn the property into a campus, in which scores of teenagers -- rich and poor -- can learn the trade that made Michael Jackson a legend.

There are two big stumbling blocks. The first is making sure Santa Barbara County will sign off on such a project.

The second -- and bigger issue -- is whether Colony Capital can use Michael Jackson's name to promote such an institute. TMZ has good news for Colony .... sources directly connected with the Michael Jackson Estate tell us, "It's an interesting idea and we'd be open to it."

Last edited:
thanks! haven't been to TMZ site in ages...

I still think a museum would be much better...

TMZ story:

Neverland Ranch -- A Teen Haven for Music

12/18/2010 1:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff

The owners of the Neverland Ranch -- the former home of Michael Jackson -- want to turn the property into a teenage music haven.

1217-neverland-ex-credit.jpg

TMZ has learned Colony Capital wants to develop a business plan to turn Neverland into a small music institute -- similar to The Juilliard School in NYC. The plan is to teach teens all aspects of music, including writing and performing.

Colony wants to turn the property into a campus, in which scores of teenagers -- rich and poor -- can learn the trade that made Michael Jackson a legend.

There are two big stumbling blocks. The first is making sure Santa Barbara County will sign off on such a project.

The second -- and bigger issue -- is whether Colony Capital can use Michael Jackson's name to promote such an institute. TMZ has good news for Colony .... sources directly connected with the Michael Jackson Estate tell us, "It's an interesting idea and we'd be open to it."

:doh:

People have so many ideas for the future of Neverland :smilerolleyes:.... In my opinion, should stay as it is and reforms do when necessary to keep the house and kept all the rest. Who has to decide what should be done with Neverland... are PPB (when they are given autonomy to do so, when they reach adulthood) ... only they can decide what to do and nobody else. -_-

I like that they've been restoring it, but it's the reason it's being restored that worries me. And hosting parties down there...:mello: I agree Neverland should go to Michael's children, not anyone else.

I completely agree!

The news about mj keeps gettin worse,first the over processed album,then the whole discovery channel documentary and now this?mj wasnt the luckiest man.r.i.p:-(

My wish is that Never land could be restored like it was when Michael was there... I mean EVERYTHING! ALL the amusement part stuff, the animals and everything and i could be like Disney...but for sick children and adults... in memory of Michael... NOT like Grace land where ppl. pay to get in to look at Elvis's home...
Exactly my hope for our beautiful Neverland and I have been praying so hard for years that it comes true:angel:and my heart says it WILL come true because this is what Michael would want too:angel:please bless our sweet Neverland dearest God:angel:

1. If Neverland has been returned to its former glory, then where are the rides? Where are the animal? So, no, it has not been returned to its former glory.

2. Colony Capital? Parties? Neverland is even more "tainted" now.

I think some of you need to relax and understand what is going on here. If it weren't for Colony Capital, MJ's estate wouldn't have any partial ownership of Neveland. Neverland would have been lost completely.

If you think Neverland should be owned by MJ's kids, you only have MJ himself to blame. If he never would have got in to financial trouble with neverland, it would be 100% owned by the estate. You should be happy Colony Capital came along and allowed MJ to keep 50% ownership.

I think some of you need to relax and understand what is going on here. If it weren't for Colony Capital, MJ's estate wouldn't have any partial ownership of Neveland. Neverland would have been lost completely.

If you think Neverland should be owned by MJ's kids, you only have MJ himself to blame. If he never would have got in to financial trouble with neverland, it would be 100% owned by the estate. You should be happy Colony Capital came along and allowed MJ to keep 50% ownership.

Or maybe the blame should not be on Michael but the extortionists who forced him out of his home?

Or maybe the blame should not be on Michael but the extortionists who forced him out of his home?
No one forced MJ to stop making payments on the loan he had for Neverland. If MJ didn't want Neverland anymore, he should have sold it.

No one forced MJ to stop making payments on the loan he had for Neverland. If MJ didn't want Neverland anymore, he should have sold it.

Well, he had his reasons for not fully selling it. Regardless of money or payments, I''d never blame Michael for the negative circumstances he was put in by other people, that's all I'm saying ;)

Oh please. Colony Capital is not a charity that exists to give Michael Jackson a hand when he needed help.

Colony Capital is a venture capital firm who perceived Michael Jackson and the Neverland Ranch as undervalued assets; and thus, made an investment in such undervalued assets and hoped to make a profit one day.

Michael kept 50% ownership of the property because he only sold 50% stake to Colony Capital. It's an arm's length transaction. Fair and square. Why do I need to be happy about it? It's not like Colony made a donation to Michael. It's business. That's all.

i honestly dont think he would mind. he used to let people come their all the time when he was alive. also he didnt want anything to do with that place so im sure he wouldnt care

Hey with all the crap that michael was dealing with i dont think he had any time to even think bout that.

Eric;3146965 said:

Some here don't understand MJ sold Neverland....He had minority, but please understand, Colony Capital are majority owner and therefore are in the driver's seat.

I am sick of reading people going off about MJ's kids deciding what to do with Neverland...

It is not theirs...geeeezzzz.

Google is your friend. We often criticize the media for their lazy work....but SOME fans aren't any better.

Colony Capital Buys Michael Jackson's Loan, Neverland Foreclosure Averted

LOS ANGELES — A foreclosure auction scheduled this week for Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch was canceled after an investment company bought the loan.

Colony Capital LLC spokeswoman Caroline Luz said the loan purchase was recently made by Colony and the auction slated for Wednesday was off, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday.

In a statement released Sunday by a Jackson spokesman who identified himself as B. Michael, the singer said he was "pleased with recent developments involving Neverland Ranch ... that would allow me to focus on the future."

Jackson had gone into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the 2,500-acre spread in Santa Barbara County. He has struggled to pay his debts in recent years after his financial empire crumbled following his arrest in 2003 on child molestation charges. A jury later acquitted him and he hasn't lived at Neverland for the past two years.

Jackson's attorney, L. Londell McMillan, declined to comment to The Associated Press on Sunday. A call by the AP to Colony Capital was referred to a public relations firm.

Jackson bought the property in 1988 and turned it into a miniature amusement park with rides, including a merry-go-round, Ferris wheel and roller coaster, and a zoo.

COLONY CAPITAL OWNS NEVERLAND SINCE 2008

Back