New All-Star Tribute album?

I’m excited, hopefully other huge stars join the Weeknd in the weekend or whenever they’re going to record the material

The Weeknd’s alleged involvement pretty much cuts my excitement at the knees. If Neff-U and Rodney are involved, why is The Weeknd given any additional credits beyond vocalist?

Weeknd original songs don't sound very compelling, no.

I mean, they do, but not in this context.

"Reveal of artists participating in Michael Jackson tribute album"

Flask's subsidiary Fandom Korea released the first list of artists participating in the singer Michael Jackson tribute album project on the 23rd.
Grammy Awards winners SZA, Cardi B, and Alicia Keys will participate in the Michael Jackson tribute album project. The album is scheduled to be released simultaneously around the world, including the United States. Top global producers participated in the album production, attracting industry attention.

Fandom Korea, which is in charge of planning and distribution of the Michael Jackson tribute album, signed a distribution and sales contract with Warner Music Korea for the album project on the 4th. We are preparing to open our official website within this month. With the opening of the website, additional artist lineup announcements and various contents related to the album will be released sequentially.

An official from Fandom Korea said, “We are honored to be working on this project with Grammy Award winners,” and added, “We are sequentially pursuing contracts with world-class artists, so we plan to reveal additional lineup of participating artists in the future.”

So The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, SZA, CardiB and Alicia Keys are confirmed so far. How did no one notice these press releases?

Flask's subsidiary Fandom Korea released the first list of artists participating in the singer Michael Jackson tribute album project on the 23rd.
Grammy Awards winners SZA, Cardi B, and Alicia Keys will participate in the Michael Jackson tribute album project. The album is scheduled to be released simultaneously around the world, including the United States. Top global producers participated in the album production, attracting industry attention.

Fandom Korea, which is in charge of planning and distribution of the Michael Jackson tribute album, signed a distribution and sales contract with Warner Music Korea for the album project on the 4th. We are preparing to open our official website within this month. With the opening of the website, additional artist lineup announcements and various contents related to the album will be released sequentially.

An official from Fandom Korea said, “We are honored to be working on this project with Grammy Award winners,” and added, “We are sequentially pursuing contracts with world-class artists, so we plan to reveal additional lineup of participating artists in the future.”

So The Weeknd, Bruno Mars, SZA, CardiB and Alicia Keys are confirmed so far. How did no one notice these press releases?
Offset HAS to be in the album.

With the exception of Alicia and Bruno, this sounds absolutely atrocious.

Last edited:
Man, nothing will come out from this lmao. I am more and more convinced that all that stuff coming out of Fandom's site are nothing but fake press releases to draw attention to their NFT projects.

At best they really are planning to do a tribute album, but they don't know that the Estate is so strict that they won't approve such projects - so Fandom won't have even thought of contacting them.

Back when he was still pretty underground, The Weeknd said that nobody should cover more than 1 MJ song. Hearing about the recent news that he will record 3 unreleased MJ tracks and on top of that be the executive producer of this MJ project is beyond me. He is still touring around the globe so I don't know how he will find time for this MJ album even if the news somehow are true which I don't believe at all.

It's basically the Duets album resurrected. Love or hate it, it could easily make a big chart success. It's not for purists at all.

It's basically the Duets album resurrected. Love or hate it, it could easily make a big chart success. It's not for purists at all.
Another good thing is far more of the singers of today are significantly better at "singing" now then many of those were a decade ago. On music better suited to ones liking, they can do some real damage.

'Timeless Melodies' is a project to complete the last songs Michael Jackson was working on, and producer Rodney Jerkins, who participated in the production of Michael Jackson's album, and world top producer Neff-U are scheduled to participate.
does that mean we get some new MJ vocals?
and which known demos could make the album?
Broken Chair from Neff-U could be one of them as it is only instrumental
the same goes for D.I.E./Dancing Is Entertainment
Neff-U met Michael Jackson in 2008, while working on his new music. Neff-U helped rework some old outtakes, as well as new ones. After MJ's passing, he helped work on the posthumous album, Michael. Their work together includes:

Last edited:
and which known demos could make the album?
Dark Lady - full scratch vocals
Broken Chair - instrumental
D.I.E. - instrumental
Don't Make Me Stay - scratch vocals
Water - chorus vocals
Bang Your Head - instrumental?
For The World - spoken word piece/w singing
Silent Spring - instrumental
Lady Of Summer - instrumental classical piece

These are only the Neff-U songs.

Back