NEW BOOK- Defending a king----by Dr. Karen Moriarty

As others have pointed out, this will most undoubtedly contain insights the more sleuth-ly among us have already gleaned from our own tireless research. That whole laundry list of "FIND OUT THE WHY HOW AND WHERE" immediately had my alarm bells going off. The presentation gave me the false impression that this woman had spent quite a bit of one on one time with Michael. But as I followed the thread, this is sadly not the case. How can anyone presume to know a person's motives, reasonings and quirks without ever being in their presence? Sorry to sound cynical, but I already find it hard to swallow every word from the mouth of a family member who havent been close to Michael in years as it is. Positive or not, the smell of this cash cow is hard to ignore.

I ordered the book only cuz T-mez commented on it. I'll make sure to write a review after reading it… it seems to me though that anything written about Michael is something we already know but i'm giving her the benefit of a doubt. I mean since she's using the bodyguards book title, i'm guessing that she has some stories from them too and also from ppl. she interviewd…"claims" she interviewd… I think it'd be better than the so called biographer (Randy Taraborelli) Lets see what its all about anyways...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

earthlyme;3572688 said:
I ordered the book only cuz T-mez commented on it. I'll make sure to write a review after reading it… it seems to me though that anything written about Michael is something we already know but i'm giving her the benefit of a doubt. I mean since she's using the bodyguards book title, i'm guessing that she has some stories from them too and also from ppl. she interviewd…"claims" she interviewd… I think it'd be better than the so called biographer (Randy Taraborelli) Lets see what its all about anyways...

L.o.v.e.
Romi
Cool. Thanks. :)

Whats the point of all these books? Defending him from what? The whole world loves him now, where were all of these MJ friendly books in 2005?
the world loved him again that's why all these so called positive books coming out NOW! Because there is the 'market' NOW.

Whats the point of all these books? Defending him from what? The whole world loves him now, where were all of these MJ friendly books in 2005?

There were fan-published books back then as well (I saw one or two), but they didn't get much atention, I suppose, because as loveforever said, there was no market. Plus, let's not forget, there wasn't as much access to information back then as there is now - to analyse, discuss and process. Aphrodite Jones managed to get an exclusive view, so her book got attention. But otherwise there wasn't much. Now people from Michael's circle started talking, so all this information comes out in various forms - blogs, books, interviews...

It may seem that there is no point in defending Michael now, that it has worked out on itself (though unfortunately tragically late). But in the last years of his life there were tons of slanderous and skewed things written about him, and if you simply google "Michael Jackson" you can still see some of them, and some scary photoshopped photos too. Maybe the media space now needs to accumulate blogs, books and public discussions of his achievements and his true character, if only to outbalance the negativity of the past. In the end, to masses a historic persona is what is written about him/her in books and wikipedia. Let it be positive books that people see and read.

Last edited:
Personally, the ONLY book I Ever wanted to buy and bought was the fans book "All For LOVE" And i'm still reading it. so i'm just gonna ride this out and see what its all about… if its a hot mess, which i kinda expect it to be too, then y'all dont need to buy it… :p

L.o.v.e.
Romi

ha things are getting more and more interesting after I saw what Mike Garcia's post couple posts ago. It felt like dog bite dog.

By the way, there have been 'positive' books that came out even before he passed away. They are not very known though- and not always in English, either.

Like this book for example that largely deals with Michael's role and purpose in a metaphysical sense. Much in the way describing the general 'awakening' that mankind would slowly go through- to heal the world and consequently ourselves.
51RPFXABZZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This book saw its first edition in 1999 (!)

And I have found a great deal of scholarly work on him in other languages, especially among theologians and philosophers to whom he already seemed like a treasure trove when he was still alive. To say that 'everybody' spat on him isn't quite fair either since a good number of people DID love him in this way- only that it seemingly didn't seem to help Michael, either- in any immediate practical way.

I consider all these books (as weird and outlandish and some may be) as documents in time since they document in themselves what it actually is that the people of his era thought about him. You may have some psychologists trying to analyze him- but what really happens is that those that try to analyze him in this manner reveal much more about the general thinking of his contemporaries. While they all talk about him- these books give you a great inside about what is on the mind of people thinking about Michael.

So I don't view the majority of these books as anything revealing about Michael- but about us, society as a whole. These psychologists think they analyzed him- but they mostly mirror you back themselves.

So, as bizarre as some of these publications may seem- they are quite telling, telling you what once was on the minds of people themselves when it came to Michael. And that will help down the road, in the future, to help historians understand how people once perceived Michael in all their different approaches, no matter how wacky or useless some books may seem. They will help gain an understanding of his impact in history for coming generations who will be more able to look at him from a less hysterical viewpoint- a hysterical viewpoint that seems to cloud some minds.

Last edited:
earthlyme;3573153 said:
Personally, the ONLY book I Ever wanted to buy and bought was the fans book "All For LOVE" And i'm still reading it. so i'm just gonna ride this out and see what its all about… if its a hot mess, which i kinda expect it to be too, then y'all dont need to buy it… :p

L.o.v.e.
Romi

See, I bought that one, too, but I can't even read it all at once because I feel 'stalked' just reading half of the stories. I can feel the love behind it, but it also freaked me out to a degree.

But it was a fascinating fan account- and something that also needed to be written depicting the fans' view. Priceless collection of stories.

what is this fans book "all for love"? I havent heard bout that book

The fan book "It's all about L.o.ve" is a really great book in my opinion.

I would definitly recommend it. I have many, many MJ Books and that one is definitly high on my list.
It made me relive the excitement of being his fan.
There are many encounters with Michael in that book, people meeting Michael, being allowed at Neverland stuff like that.
For instance there's a story of someone who was one of the winners of "My dinner with Michael" back in the early 90's which I thought was a fun story. Also someone who was allowed to come backstage during the History tour revealed something cute to me. There's plenty of stuff really, the book is about 400 pages so there are lot's of stories to read.
Sure it won't tell you private details about Michael but as a fan it's really nice and shows Michael interacting with his fans.
It's nice reading something knowing it's positive throughout really.

It's crazy when I opened this thread I wanted to mention this book but someone did it for me lol.
I'm very happy someone on here recommended it to me a little while a go.
Also all the money made from the book goes to the Make-a-wish foundation according to their site. (http://www.mjjbook.com/)

All of this is probably a bit off topic though..

I have moonwalk and dancing the dream.I don´t need other books but I´m happy that 4548,92 EUR have been donated to the Make-a-Wish Foundation from the sales of "It´s all for love".

Is there something written or said about this new book if profit goes to charities ?
That would show me this book wasn´t written to earn money on Michael

the only one books for me that i've ever wanted to buy were Michael's, Conspiracy and For the Record. This is must have books.
Fan book 'It's all for love' i couldn't even read to the end to be honest.

Last edited:
:lol: Reading the fans encounter with Mike is sooo exciting to me… out of nowhere, i start squealing and laughing out loud cuz i really feel like i was there myself and experienced it… (MJ fans have been though a lot but its worth it):lol: I would deff. recommend this book. But i gotta say that its not something you'd read/want to read at once because it has sooo many fans stories and I get tired reading for sometime and then after a day or two i read about 3-7 fan stories… lol

Sorry for being out of topic… Continue… :p

L.o.v.e.
Romi

So this looks like a starting mess indeed...

But weren't the bodyguards not able to find a publisher because they didn't want to add crunchy stuff in the books?

If Dr. Moriarty has the same informations about who the 'real' MJ was as the bodyguard but she was able to get them published, isn't that a good thing, as long as the positive info is out?

BUT if one party or both wanted to make money out of it, then they're gonne bite each other and stuff. Of course someone wants money, otherwise they'd just write everything on a blog for everyone to see for free... BUT if she did steal information, was she able to find a publisher because she MAY have added those crunchy stuff?

This will be interesting to follow..

This title REALLY reminds me of that other book from MJ's bodyguards, who among other things spoke about how he was 'smashing' groupies and what not in his limosine, lol. The book didn't sound negative though, and neither does this, so actually two books coming out that could be very positive?

The fan book "It's all about L.o.ve" is a really great book in my opinion.

I would definitly recommend it. I have many, many MJ Books and that one is definitly high on my list.
It made me relive the excitement of being his fan.
There are many encounters with Michael in that book, people meeting Michael, being allowed at Neverland stuff like that.
For instance there's a story of someone who was one of the winners of "My dinner with Michael" back in the early 90's which I thought was a fun story. Also someone who was allowed to come backstage during the History tour revealed something cute to me. There's plenty of stuff really, the book is about 400 pages so there are lot's of stories to read.
Sure it won't tell you private details about Michael but as a fan it's really nice and shows Michael interacting with his fans.
It's nice reading something knowing it's positive throughout really.

It's crazy when I opened this thread I wanted to mention this book but someone did it for me lol.
I'm very happy someone on here recommended it to me a little while a go.
Also all the money made from the book goes to the Make-a-wish foundation according to their site. (http://www.mjjbook.com/)

All of this is probably a bit off topic though..

Seems like this fans book sounds like a good read :) i might get it

People writing books won't be able to please every fan when an announcement is made. So many suspicious minds around.

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson

IMPORTANT: There are unfortunately some rumors going around in the fan community in regards to Dr. Karen Moriarty. As many of you are aware, Dr. Karen Moriarty has written a book on Michael entitled "Defending A King, His Life & Legacy". This book has been endorsed by Tom Mesereau and Tom and I have spoken personally about Dr. Moriarty writing this book, as well as exchanging positive impressions about Dr. Moriarty. I have also personally spoken to Dr. Moriarty by phone numerous times and have found her to be nothing short of sincere, honest, kind and completely committed to putting truth out about Michael. She has sent me a copy of her book, which I have not yet had time to start reading, I hope to do so soon. But the feedback I have heard from other readers has been very positive. Below are some details that I have been made aware of...

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson There have been a certain number/group of fans who have evidently been trying to trash Dr. Moriarty reputation, claiming false things about her and her book, with no facts and no truth behind them. There has also apparently been some bashing of her on the bodyguard's page (which I have heard of but not witnessed myself). There is a back story to all of this and I will share some of the documents/information here that has been shared with me in regards to this situation. Other than that, I am not involved in this at all. But I felt it was important to share what has been shared with me by people I feel are very credible.

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson For one, some of the fans are stating that Tom Mesereau never endorsed Dr. Moriarty's book. This is FALSE. Below is an actual statement made by Mr. Mesereau via email in response to one fan who expressed to Mr. Mesereau personally, her concerns in regards to this:

"Dear *******: (I have blocked out the name for privacy)

Thank you for your email.

I do approve of Ms. Moriarty's book. The quote on the cover is mine.

I met Ms. Moriarty last year and have had numerous phone conversations with her. I think she is sincere, intelligent, dedicated and honest.

Od courrse, I have had no involvement with the guards. Whatever arrangements existed between them and Karen are not my business. They will have to work this out themselves.

However, I believe Ms. Moriarty has the right and freedom to write a book if she chooses. This would apply equally to the guards.

Thank you for your concerns. Happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Tom Mesereau ~

http://www.facebook.com/ReflectionsOnTheDanceReflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson Niura, that title is owned by Dr. Karen Moriarty. She was to be the ghostwriter of the Bodyguard's book. I will share more shortly.

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson Here is some further information. Regardless of how any of us feel in regards to books being written about Michael, I still feel it's important that truth is out there....many people don't realize that Dr. Moriarty was to be the ghostwriter of the bodyguard's book. They had differences of opinion and parted ways, but that title is Dr. Moriarty's. Below I will share with you what was shared with me: by Dr. Moriarty..

http://www.facebook.com/ReflectionsOnTheDanceReflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson Niura, I understand the skepticism, from both angles. Many were very skeptical of me as well when I came out with the website...because I never knew Michael either, and I have been very upfront about that. I believe that Dr. Moriarty, the same as myself, wanted to be a conduit to get truth out there. To my understanding, she was going to ghostwrite the bodyguard's book without pay of any kind. I don't know all of the "ins" and "outs" of this, but from speaking with Mr. Mesereau and also Dr. Moriarty, I feel that the intentions for this book are honest.

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson

IMPORTANT: There are unfortunately some rumors going around in the fan community in regards to Dr. Karen Moriarty. As many of you are aware, Dr. Karen Moriarty has written a book on Michael entitled "Defending A King, His Life & Legacy". This book has been endorsed by Tom Mesereau and Tom and I have spoken personally about Dr. Moriarty writing this book, as well as exchanging positive impressions about Dr. Moriarty. I have also personally spoken to Dr. Moriarty by phone numerous times and have found her to be nothing short of sincere, honest, kind and completely committed to putting truth out about Michael. She has sent me a copy of her book, which I have not yet had time to start reading, I hope to do so soon. But the feedback I have heard from other readers has been very positive. Below are some details that I have been made aware of...

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson There have been a certain number/group of fans who have evidently been trying to trash Dr. Moriarty reputation, claiming false things about her and her book, with no facts and no truth behind them. There has also apparently been some bashing of her on the bodyguard's page (which I have heard of but not witnessed myself). There is a back story to all of this and I will share some of the documents/information here that has been shared with me in regards to this situation. Other than that, I am not involved in this at all. But I felt it was important to share what has been shared with me by people I feel are very credible.

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson For one, some of the fans are stating that Tom Mesereau never endorsed Dr. Moriarty's book. This is FALSE. Below is an actual statement made by Mr. Mesereau via email in response to one fan who expressed to Mr. Mesereau personally, her concerns in regards to this:

"Dear *******: (I have blocked out the name for privacy)

Thank you for your email.

I do approve of Ms. Moriarty's book. The quote on the cover is mine.

I met Ms. Moriarty last year and have had numerous phone conversations with her. I think she is sincere, intelligent, dedicated and honest.

Od courrse, I have had no involvement with the guards. Whatever arrangements existed between them and Karen are not my business. They will have to work this out themselves.

However, I believe Ms. Moriarty has the right and freedom to write a book if she chooses. This would apply equally to the guards.

Thank you for your concerns. Happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Tom Mesereau ~

http://www.facebook.com/ReflectionsOnTheDanceReflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson Niura, that title is owned by Dr. Karen Moriarty. She was to be the ghostwriter of the Bodyguard's book. I will share more shortly.

Reflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson Here is some further information. Regardless of how any of us feel in regards to books being written about Michael, I still feel it's important that truth is out there....many people don't realize that Dr. Moriarty was to be the ghostwriter of the bodyguard's book. They had differences of opinion and parted ways, but that title is Dr. Moriarty's. Below I will share with you what was shared with me: by Dr. Moriarty..

http://www.facebook.com/ReflectionsOnTheDanceReflections On The Dance, An Honest Look at Michael Joseph Jackson Niura, I understand the skepticism, from both angles. Many were very skeptical of me as well when I came out with the website...because I never knew Michael either, and I have been very upfront about that. I believe that Dr. Moriarty, the same as myself, wanted to be a conduit to get truth out there. To my understanding, she was going to ghostwrite the bodyguard's book without pay of any kind. I don't know all of the "ins" and "outs" of this, but from speaking with Mr. Mesereau and also Dr. Moriarty, I feel that the intentions for this book are honest.

lol It's getting more and more confusing and interesting. So she said she supposed to be the ghost writer of the bodyguards and came out the title. Afterward, she run with the stories and turn out writing the book herself????? I do think T-Mez is right about anyone can write a book if they want. However, what she did (If it's true about the claims made by the bodyguards) sounds quite unethical to me even if she really wrote a positive book. I felt like it's dog bite dog situation.

I received the book today. I started to read couple of paragraphs of each chapter and it really is a look into the bodyguard's time with Michael. Some of the stuff thats is in the book, we already know but there are somethings that are new, at least to me. I'm gonna start to read from the beginning now and I dont think i'd regret it :D …

One thing i'd like to say though, I understand that some fans who want to be hard on ppl. who write a horrible book about Michael (False info. and degrading mythes about Michael), but what i dont get is, when a person with a positive book comes out, we tend to do the same thing… I understand that we are all skeptical about it, which is a given but to trash her even after knowing what kind of book she put out is kinda' unfair… well I think so.

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Back