New MJ content (Possibility)

WHE would be great to re release for a new audience. Its really underrated and not that many people now about it imo. It does fit with the times no doubt.
Why not?
Most MJ fans seem to be disconnected from the rest of society. Not sure if it's because they seem to only have other friends that are MJ fans?

I myself am the only MJ fan in my social circle and from what I see, "casual/non MJ fans" like Off The Wall, Thriller and any upbeat songs (TWYMMF being hugely popular) but seem to detest any of Michael's songs that they refer to as "preachy" (which, to them, happened after Bad/the 80s). I've seen this pattern in almost everyone I've been friends with.

WHE would never be massively popular IMO because people's tend to like danceable/light-hearted tracks more. I'm not saying that people won't listen to emotional/messagey songs, but when it comes to MJ people seem to place a stigma on those types of songs from him.

Man in the mirror seems to be the only exception to this.

This is all just my personal experience, but being in my mid 30s now I can honestly say that I've heard this opinion almost identically from people since I was in Junior School all the way up until now

Most MJ fans seem to be disconnected from the rest of society. Not sure if it's because they seem to only have other friends that are MJ fans?

I myself am the only MJ fan in my social circle and from what I see, "casual/non MJ fans" like Off The Wall, Thriller and any upbeat songs (TWYMMF being hugely popular) but seem to detest any of Michael's songs that they refer to as "preachy" (which, to them, happened after Bad/the 80s). I've seen this pattern in almost everyone I've been friends with.

WHE would never be massively popular IMO because people's tend to like danceable/light-hearted tracks more. I'm not saying that people won't listen to emotional/messagey songs, but when it comes to MJ people seem to place a stigma on those types of songs from him.

This is all just my personal experience, but being in my mid 30s now I can honestly say that I've heard this opinion almost identically from people since I was in Junior School all the way up until now

I think you mean disconnected from *your* reality. What an awful thing to say.

Of course there are some who donÂ’t like those songs, but Earth Song is one of MJs biggest hits in the UK and across Europe. You had the vocal BS about the song but plenty of people like it. Heal the World too.

I think you mean disconnected from *your* reality. What an awful thing to say.

Of course there are some who donÂ’t like those songs, but Earth Song is one of MJs biggest hits in the UK and across Europe. You had the vocal BS about the song but plenty of people like it. Heal the World too.
What an awful thing to say? My comment was in support of your point lmao. WHE may seem like a "global smash" to the MJ community because we love the journey and story of Michael's life and we're emotionally connected to it, but the average person on the street doesn't look at MJ as we do

And you can call it "my reality" all you want, but the proof is all over the world if you take the time to read reviews, articles, social media comments etc and look at reality outside of the "MJ fan" bubble. A lot of people don't like the post 80s work, and it's because they think MJ turned preachy. My real life experience just backs up the reality of the situation.

I realise though that trying to convince people on a Michael Jackson forum that Michael Jackson is not perceived the same way as he is to us by everyone else is an impossible task. You seemed to have some sense of the overall picture outside of our bubble, which I was trying to support. But obviously not lol

Ps. Also I said disconnected from the rest of society in terms of awareness of the overall image of MJ, not "disconnected from reality".

Last edited:

I agree that most MJ fans prefer his dance/R&B/pop inspired songs. That is the reason that the Invincible album hit such a nerve. That album brought a plethora of fans back who actually had stopped listening to Michael. I know friends, co-workers, casual fans who bought that album because of songs like YRMW, BUTTERFLIES, HEAVEN CAN WAIT, WHATEVER HAPPENS. Those are the songs that brought his R&B Mature audience back. Those are the songs that R&B radio loved, promoted and played on a regular basis in the US. The same thing happened with the Xscape album. Radio stations where I live loved Chicago and Love Never Felt So Good.

In other countries, it may have been different. There is nothing wrong with “anthem-like” songs; however, the Estate needs to release those type songs and balance with dance/R&B/Pop songs.
Since Michael passed, a whole new generation of fans has occurred-young fans. That is awesome and unheard of with other artist of his era on such a wide scale. Michael’s popularity and influence is parallel to stars that are living in this era. Again, that is not happening with any other deceased artist or even living artists from that era.

Last edited:
i tend to agree with WHE not being suitable to general public which is why i dont think its ever going to go as a lead single but the estate also put breaking news (if im not mistaken) as a lead single so i could be wrong

I get where your coming from but TDCAU was big this past year because it was reflective of the current times. That's why Spike re edited it on his youtube page. Maybe I'm biased because WHE is a new(ish) song for me. I never owned the ultimate collection so hearing it recently I personally enjoyed it and could see it having some decent success in the modern streaming era.
Edit: Is WHE even on Spotify? Cant seem to find it. Some fans on reddit couldn't find it either.

Last edited:
What an awful thing to say? My comment was in support of your point lmao. WHE may seem like a "global smash" to the MJ community because we love the journey and story of Michael's life and we're emotionally connected to it, but the average person on the street doesn't look at MJ as we do

And you can call it "my reality" all you want, but the proof is all over the world if you take the time to read reviews, articles, social media comments etc and look at reality outside of the "MJ fan" bubble. A lot of people don't like the post 80s work, and it's because they think MJ turned preachy. My real life experience just backs up the reality of the situation.

I realise though that trying to convince people on a Michael Jackson forum that Michael Jackson is not perceived the same way as he is to us by everyone else is an impossible task. You seemed to have some sense of the overall picture outside of our bubble, which I was trying to support. But obviously not lol

Ps. Also I said disconnected from the rest of society in terms of awareness of the overall image of MJ, not "disconnected from reality".

I'm sorry but you've fallen victim to the narrative the white rock press has been pushing for the best part of 30 years.

Because Michael Jackson is black he is not allowed to think as an artist or spread his wings as an artist who challenges himself and/or his audience. There are black artists who are allowed, sure, but certain provisos exist.

You've been conditioned to believe that this space, in the artistry of pop, is reserved for white men. Those people, those ideals, will not tolterate a black man with a massive audience to become the thinking man, the knowing man. They have to reduce the black to the margins, the simple song and dance man - sing and entertain, but don't inform or challenge.

It's a clear double standard. Where Michael's white peers moved on to create a more more mature and intellectual output, and were heralded and supported (at the time, since, and before), Michael Jackson was mocked and undermined at every step. His output dismissed as merely "preachy" or "paranoia", or worse. It's still unbelievable to me to this very day that Michael Jackson was criticised as failing to move on, and that he rested on his laurels, and tried to recreate past successes, when in reality he moved on light years from Thriller to Bad, Bad to Dangerous and Dangerous to HIStory, but that was exactly what they didn't want him to do.

All your pals and what you call society are merely parroting that complete myth.

Michael Jackson was aware of the importance of being commercial throughout his career but at the advent of the 1990s he dispensed of the need to appeal to radio. He had his audience and he went in the direction of which he had conviction. And throughout that entire decade he did not look back.

And for that, I salute him.

I'm sorry but you've fallen victim to the narrative the white rock press has been pushing for the best part of 30 years.

Because Michael Jackson is black he is not allowed to think as an artist or spread his wings as an artist who challenges himself and/or his audience. There are black artists who are allowed, sure, but certain provisos exist.

You've been conditioned to believe that this space, in the artistry of pop, is reserved for white men. Those people, those ideals, will not tolterate a black man with a massive audience to become the thinking man, the knowing man. They have to reduce the black to the margins, the simple song and dance man - sing and entertain, but don't inform or challenge.

I'm black...

And I'm white.
Okay...but I'm not accusing you of anything. You're accusing me of falling victim to a white supremacy narrative 🤣

Also, you clearly didn't read my post properly, because I'm speaking the truth about what society thinks about Michael, which your whole post agrees with. It's not a view I PERSONALLY HOLD obviously, being a massive Michael Jackson fan for the last 35 years 🤣

Your message was so random it's unreal. But this just supports what I said recently - this forum is full of people just waiting for an argument. You literally agreed with me and still tried to argue 🤣

Okay...but I'm not accusing you of anything. You're accusing me of falling victim to a white supremacy narrative 🤣

Also, you clearly didn't read my post properly, because I'm speaking the truth about what society thinks about Michael, which your whole post agrees with. It's not a view I PERSONALLY HOLD obviously, being a massive Michael Jackson fan for the last 35 years 🤣

Your message was so random it's unreal. But this just supports what I said recently - this forum is full of people just waiting for an argument. You literally agreed with me and still tried to argue 🤣

I think you've also reminded me why I haven't posted here in a very long time.

No offence meant to you brother, go with peace and love.

I think you've also reminded me why I haven't posted here in a very long time.

No offence meant to you brother, go with peace and love.
No worries my man, it wasn't personal to you, it's happened to me a few times recently. I left the forum for a while years back due to the same issues.

Don't let me deter you from posting here, there's a lot of good conversation going on. Let's just forget this and move on 🙌

I think the estate only follows the albums off the wall to bad after that they don't want to appreciate anything do not believe the dangerous30 what's coming next year will be Thriller 40 years

I didn't wanna post it here in case it was a hoax :rofl:

In case anyone hasn't seen it:

I think it orginated from this Twitter thread:

Coming soon - tweet from oct. 25, 2020 - soon in the MJ world is something else :)

And I'm white.

Guys....It don't matter if you're Black Or White 🎶

I can't be the only one that made that connection, right?

I like WHE, but if I'm honest I don't listen to it often, maybe that would change it was reworked and re-released?
If the Estate is releasing something after all this time, I doubt it'll be a song we've had for 17 years, although this is the Estate and they did release LNFSG as first single last time who knows

Guys....It don't matter if you're Black Or White 

I can't be the only one that made that connection, right?

I like WHE, but if I'm honest I don't listen to it often, maybe that would change it was reworked and re-released?
If the Estate is releasing something after all this time, I doubt it'll be a song we've had for 17 years, although this is the Estate and they did release LNFSG as first single last time who knows

And wow what a GREAT choice LNFSG was. - Perfect single release with a perfect feature from Justin Timberlake. - It's the only song from Xscape I hear very often on the radio. I still enjoy LNFSG very much. Great summer vibes.

WHE is MJÂ’s best song of the 2000s, in my opinion. I can see it being released someday, maybe not as a lead single, but getting a release nonetheless.

And not just WHE, I can see all of the unreleased songs on the ultimate collection getting a release. Ultimate Collection disappeared from Spotify, Amazon Music and iTunes a couple of years ago. That makes me wanna believe that there are plans to release songs like Fall Again, WeÂ’e Had Enough, Sunset Driver, etc in the future.

Sunset Driver, Hot Street etc. would make for great release candidates.

Sorry - I don't think this was implied in your original post, or I missed it, so apologies there. I also apologise for the society/reality mixup!

I think it's somewhere in the middle. A lot of people turned to Earth Song, Heal the World and Man in the Mirror during recent global outcries including Covid, with the general public singing Heal the World across the street from each other because we were all locked up inside. But, then there was the white Britpop narrative that MJ 'thought he was Jesus' in Earth Song which bizarrely some fans agree with, and people don't like those records. From my experience, Heal the World was one of MJs most popular songs as well as Earth Song.

I love WHE, think it's a great song but yeah, I really don't think it's the global anthem fans think it is.

Something upbeat like Sunset Driver or Hot Street would be more successful I think.

WHE is MJÂ’s best song of the 2000s, in my opinion. I can see it being released someday, maybe not as a lead single, but getting a release nonetheless.

And not just WHE, I can see all of the unreleased songs on the ultimate collection getting a release. Ultimate Collection disappeared from Spotify, Amazon Music and iTunes a couple of years ago. That makes me wanna believe that there are plans to release songs like Fall Again, WeÂ’e Had Enough, Sunset Driver, etc in the future.
Thanks for confirming this. It's odd that it was removed. Hopefully you are right that they might release some of those songs down the line.

Thanks for confirming this. It's odd that it was removed. Hopefully you are right that they might release some of those songs down the line.

I donÂ’t understand how people would want these songs released again and possibly update them from what Michael released. I do know the supposed backstory of TUC and donÂ’t buy that for a second. The truth probably goes more like this... Here is a few songs I will never release take your pick of a few. While songs mentioned are nice songs, they are a long way from smash hits. IÂ’m only willing to purchase unreleased songs, not songs I have heard and someone else change the production those IMO are no long Michael Jackson songs. The next song or album we get my guess is they will not release the original demo so to pass it along as a new song.

I don’t understand how people would want these songs released again and possibly update them from what Michael released. I do know the supposed backstory of TUC and don’t buy that for a second. The truth probably goes more like this... Here is a few songs I will never release take your pick of a few. While songs mentioned are nice songs, they are a long way from smash hits. I’m only willing to purchase unreleased songs, not songs I have heard and someone else change the production those IMO are no long Michael Jackson songs. The next song or album we get my guess is they will not release the original demo so to pass it along as a new song.

It has been confirmed by more than one source that MJ did not know which songs were being picked for the collection and was only shown the final track list before release. Mj was busy with legal matters.

The truth probably goes more like this... Here is a few songs I will never release take your pick of a few. While songs mentioned are nice songs, they are a long way from smash hits. I’m only willing to purchase unreleased songs, not songs I have heard...

Acording to your truth... why is Beautiful Girl and Cheater (both of them on the UC) on the TO DO list found next to MJs bed in 2009? You see... Even MJ worked on already released songs :D

And for the second statement.. I assume, that you didn´t buy HIStory, then all the greatest hits ever released, Thriller 25, BAD 25, This Is It soundtrack ect... Cause all of them have songs you already hear before... ;)

Acording to your truth... why is Beautiful Girl and Cheater (both of them on the UC) on the TO DO list found next to MJs bed in 2009? You see... Even MJ worked on already released songs :D

And for the second statement.. I assume, that you didn´t buy HIStory, then all the greatest hits ever released, Thriller 25, BAD 25, This Is It soundtrack ect... Cause all of them have songs you already hear before... ;)

I did buy History but not Thriller 25 or This is it soundtrack. I did receive the box set (hard cooy) for Bad 25 as a gift and I love that one. UC was giving to me as a gift as well. 😉

I have been funding Michael and now the Estate my entire life. I just want something new and different, that may sound selfish but thatÂ’s where IÂ’m at. I canÂ’t tell you how many Thriller albums I bought as a kid a bunch thatÂ’s for sure. I can remember returning the album to the record store many times because the vinyl was warped. They had to produce so many of those so quickly they ran into production issues. Ah, the good old days, I long for them.

Yes ! If they release threatened with a brilliant spooky short film for Halloween it could be amazing. Love that Song.

It's getting more and more updated now so maybe it's because of covid that things stopped/slowed down?

Whe may be not to everyone's tastes but tbh that's what I thought about Earth Song at first and look how that turned out. Plus like i said it's a song for the world now to describe Weve had enough!

Get Your Weight Off Of Me— Greatest Artists Of All Time (@greatestartists) July 19, 2021

Something related to Invincible on the way?

Why release a remix? I do not like remixes... not at all...

This sounds like it's going in all directions. Which is weird. I had hoped for a new album, not old songs.

BUT - if this is something like HIStory book 2 - where disc 1 is old stuff and disc 2 is all new - then GREAT !! - and then a deluxe edition with a disc 3 - original demos as MJ left them.

I just hope they go the Bruno Mars/Silk Sonic! Tease the album by just releasing one dance shacker and let it breath and get people wanting more before releasing next single then eventually the album.. Great way of promoting it. Plus use producers etc to promote not just some old shots of Michael . Plus hopefully have some in studio footage to promote.

It really would be very nice if they just dropped a Single out of the blue.

And then promote it heavily and then maybe 1 month later a new single - and then the album in late november.

Back