New MJ Video Game to be released before Christmas 2009 [All threads merged]

Re: New Michael Jackson Video Game

Imagine if it was like Grand Theft Auto, with out the killing and all the violence and stuff.

I mean just like a free-roam game.

Like you are MJ and you can walk around and do what you want. You can make albums, record songs, play concerts, accept awards, buy homes, drive cars, go out in public(and change into disguises), earn money for your record sales, sing contract deals, make special appearances, etc. etc.

I mean this would be a VERY complex and involved game.

That would be SO cool. It would be the best game EVER.

Well that would be a rather boring game. Not to mention weird...sorry. But hey...people do play Sims which is also weird to me.

Imagine if it was like Grand Theft Auto, with out the killing and all the violence and stuff.

Like you are MJ and you can walk around and do what you want. You can make albums, record songs, play concerts, accept awards, buy homes, drive cars, go out in public(and change into disguises), earn money for your record sales, sing contract deals, make special appearances, etc. etc.

Who in their right mind would a game like that. That's completely stupid. No gamer out there would buy something like that.

I hope it won't trash like... for example, '50 cent: Bulletproof'. Hope it will be something like Moonwalker 2: the return of the king

New MJ Video Game to be released before Christmas 2009

New Michael Jackson video game in the works

A new official Michael Jackson video game is under development and will be released before Christmas 2009.

The game will be released for Playstation®2, Playstation®3, and Nintendo Wii. It will feature Michael Jackson's music, dance, and videos and is designed for the whole family to enjoy.

Further details will be announced soon.

Source: MJ Licensing LLC / MJJ Productions LLC
(Thanks to MJ data bank)

Not fair why isnt it on X-Box 360 :(

I have to agree with Aliana101 and Christicehurst....I think this is a most ridiculous idea and to think anyone would want to purchase a game where you walk around a city and accept awards among other very boring things is laughable.

Someone mentioned in the thread, "New Single This Month" that being a Michael fan comes with the requirement that you will be one of most dissapointed fans in the world and I think you could also mention that many Michael Fans could be categorized as somewhat out of touch with reality....

A video game where you walk around = best game ever? C'mon now...

Re: New MJ Video Game to be released before Christmas 2009

^^ playstation=sony and mike just LOVES nintendo!
not that that's the official reasons but just my thought on this...

Well the best selling video game ever is The Sims, where you tell people to cook food, go to work, use the toilet and watch TV :p

honestly this sounds incredibly horribly boring and cheesy.

Hannah Montanna already made a video game identical to what you just described. My little sister has it. I honestly don't know how anybody could enjoy playing it.

I understand your point about the SIMs but this doesn't sound anything remotely like that. It sounds like it has no point whatsoever other than to legitimize Michael Jackson and even then I think it only adds to the stigma that he is weird...

I just don't think any game developed around MJ could be successful and I know many of you will say Moonwalker was successful but I would question whom with? Many people who know about Moonwalker were undoubtably MJ fans...

lol @the sims being the most selling game ever !!! it's prob in the top ten but nowhere close to mario's franchise

in order for an Mj game to be good they would basically have to take an action adventure concept game already in development and replace the main chracter with Michael Jackson. Have him wearing his smooth criminal outfit. Have it be an action adventure Indiana Jones, meets the Mummy kind of feel to it. Have it take place in the middle east, and in caves and stuff. and have it be really action packed. It needs really awesome looking yet scary looking creatures coming after him as well.

the plot and action have to be crafted in such a way that if the main character were not MJ it would still work. Otherwise it would honestly be really, really, stupid. Give it really good graphics. If it gets good reviews people will be like "huh the michael Jackson game" that will get their attention. they will look in magazines and download demos just out of curiousity to see what is up with it, and if it's a fun game with good controls and good combat people will buy it.

and no dance moves for combat either !! shakes fist! Just give him a gun, and give him a bunch of martial arts moves. and no the hat is not a weapon to be thrown at people. that wouldn't even hurt!

Wonderful news,

well i wouldnt be surprised if its not Singstar simply because they are doing one anyway, i spoke to various ppl through blogs and that of Sony and they have told me its in the works, so this is completley new!! Michael must be into the new techs and i mean you must of all seen on his stuff what was displayed in the auction how much into everything he is!!

Sony ps3 Michael game omg think i just died and went to heaven! How to make the PS3 fly off the shelves well done Sony!! lol

make this a truelly amazing game and you got a winner there all round! and please if ya gonna do this, please please introduce some dlc of MJ into Little Big Planet , there are so many costumes already but none anything like the rea deal, and its so hard making them!

Anyways not just one, but 2 Michael products coming for ps3 and ps2!

Way to go!!

Terry

oh and if you havnt got ps3 yet ppl then just think this, you get Singstar, this new game ! and of course BLURAY concert of THIS IS IT! uncompressed sound , highest definition!

Now the time to get one!

Terry

I rekon it'll just be a karaoke game with Michael Jackson songs.

Well I hope it's a Singstar kind of game which would be great, if it is something else I think it will be a complete flop in the gaming world, it won't be taken seriously at all, people will think it's weird just like all their other misconceptions of him! Has anyone ever seen revisited features for the original Moonwalker game? The word disturbing is used alot :(

hmmm......see.....I got this rather large problem.

.................................I only have a 360.........wtf!?

Well thats why its on SONY platform! amd Michael likes the WII

But it wont be SINGSTAR! simply because of the releases! Ps3 , ps2 and WII!

but is probably a SONY product , however nothing Sony would go anywhere near XBOX360! sorry guys! looks like you not getting it!

Terry

Oh and by the way SIngstar KING OF POP EDITION is in the works!

Terry

Omg i hope it have like all the eras like off the wall era through this is it..... Ands like everything mj did doing that time you can play in the game how cool

in order for an mj game to be good they would basically have to take an action adventure concept game already in development and replace the main chracter with michael jackson. Have him wearing his smooth criminal outfit. Have it be an action adventure indiana jones, meets the mummy kind of feel to it. Have it take place in the middle east, and in caves and stuff. And have it be really action packed. It needs really awesome looking yet scary looking creatures coming after him as well.

The plot and action have to be crafted in such a way that if the main character were not mj it would still work. Otherwise it would honestly be really, really, stupid. Give it really good graphics. If it gets good reviews people will be like "huh the michael jackson game" that will get their attention. They will look in magazines and download demos just out of curiousity to see what is up with it, and if it's a fun game with good controls and good combat people will buy it.

And no dance moves for combat either !! Shakes fist! Just give him a gun, and give him a bunch of martial arts moves. And no the hat is not a weapon to be thrown at people. That wouldn't even hurt!

that would be cool

WOW, sounds great ! But I hope it won't be like "Britney's Dance Beat" ..

Hm, "Michael Jacksons Dance Beat" LOL

Who in their right mind would a game like that. That's completely stupid. No gamer out there would buy something like that.

Ohh... You are sooooooooooo wrong!! :p That concept would be mindblowing and state of the art.. Maybe you can work on tracks, which are not finalized yet.. :p

Man.. Imagine the marketing tactics behind this product.. OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

It is just funny.. I was thinking about a MJ game last week.. Good move I say!

IMWhizzle: Quote:

Ohh... You are sooooooooooo wrong!! That concept would be mindblowing and state of the art.. Maybe you can work on tracks, which are not finalized yet..

Man.. Imagine the marketing tactics behind this product.. OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

It is just funny.. I was thinking about a MJ game last week.. Good move I say!

- I just don't think this idea would be considered out of this world to anyone other than a few MJ fans. There is no point to this game and it would require the gamer to be doing a whole lot of nothing other than watching cut scenes and listening to music.

I respect your opinion to look forward to this but in my honest opinion this would be...

Lame-o

Singing? why not dancing? Think guitarhero only you dance for points-get fit at the same time?

but is probably a SONY product , however nothing Sony would go anywhere near XBOX360! sorry guys! looks like you not getting it!
but SONY wouldn't go anywhere near Nintendo, too...

I know:

Concept 1: Half Life 2: Episode 3. Replace Gordon Freeman with Michael Jackson, throw out the gravity gun and replace it with the anti-gravity lean. (15+)

Concept 2: The Elder Scrolls 5: Neverland: A magical journey through the mystical kingdom of Neverland, discovering the scrolls of MJ's original music if he had any. (16+)

Concept 3: GTA5: Club 30: MJ takes down the likes of Al Capone in 1930's prohibition Chicago. While of course most importantly dressed in the Smooth Criminal suit. (18+)

Concept 4: Microsoft Michael Simulator 2009: The original Michael Jackson simulator from the desk of Bill Gates! Record songs and dances with the complimentary microphone and camera. (7+)

Concept 5: Zoo Tycoon Neverland expansion pack: Look after all the animals of the Neverland ranch zoo. (3+)

Any of them would be cool :p

I would also like to add I think an MJ version of a Singstar like game is way overdue!

I know:

Concept 1: Half Life 2: Episode 3. Replace Gordon Freeman with Michael Jackson, throw out the gravity gun and replace it with the anti-gravity lean. (15+)

Concept 2: The Elder Scrolls 5: Neverland: A magical journey through the mystical kingdom of Neverland, discovering the scrolls of MJ's original music if he had any. (16+)

Concept 3: GTA5: Club 30: MJ takes down the likes of Al Capone in 1930's prohibition Chicago. While of course most importantly dressed in the Smooth Criminal suit. (18+)

Concept 4: Microsoft Michael Simulator 2009: The original Michael Jackson simulator from the desk of Bill Gates! Record songs and dances with the complimentary microphone and camera. (7+)

Concept 5: Zoo Tycoon Neverland expansion pack: Look after all the animals of the Neverland ranch zoo. (3+)

Any of them would be cool :p

I would also like to add I think an MJ version of a Singstar like game is way overdue!

You have absolutely got to be kidding .... right? ..... right??

Darn... I only have an Xbox 360.

Back