New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand (update pg.1)

Re: New MJ single this MONDAY - Hold My Hand

:wild: Where can we buy this???

2010-11-15-holdmyhand.jpg

[Akon]
Ohhh...
Konvict Music...

[Michael]
Ohhh

[Akon]
Yeahhh

[Michael]
Yeahhh

This life don't last forever (hold my hand)
So tell me what we're waiting for (hold my hand)
We're Better off being together (hold my hand)
Than being miserable alone (hold my hand)

[Akon]
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright.
Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold
We hold each other till we see the sunlight

[Michael]
(So if you just)

[Michael/Akon]
Hold my hand
Baby I promise that I'll do
All I can
Things will get better if you just hold my hand
Nothing can come between us if you just hold,
hold my, hold, hold my, hooold, hold my hand.

[Michael]
(Hold my hand)

[Akon]
The nights are getting darker (hold my hand)
And there's no peace inside (hold my hand)
So why make our lives harder (hold my hand)
By fighting love, tonight. (sooooo)

[Michael/Akon]
Cause I've been there before
And you've been there before
But together we can be alright (alright)
Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold
We hold each other till we see the sunlight

So if you just hold my hand
Baby I promise that I'll do (If you just, If you just)
All I can
Things will get better if you just hold my hand (yeahh)

[Michael]
Hold my hand

[Akon]
I can tell you're tired of being lonely (yeahhh)
Take my hand don't let go baby hold me (hold mee)
Come to me let me be your one and only (hold my haand)
So I can make it alright til' the morning (hold my hand)

I can tell you're tired of being lonely (hold my hand)
Take my hand don't let go baby hold me (hold mee)
Come to me let me be your one and only (one and only)
So I can make it alright til' the morning (hold my hand)

[Michael]
Hold my hand

[Michael/Akon]
Hold my hand (yeahhh)
Baby I promise (hold my hand) that I'll do
All I can (hold my hand)
Things will get better (oohhhhoooo) if you just hold my hand (ooooo)

[Akon]
(Hold my hand)

Hold my hand (yeahh)
Baby I promise (yeahh x4)that I'll do
All I can (hold my haand)
Things will get better if you just (oohhoo) hold my hand

[Akon]
Hold my hand

Review: "Hold My Hand" (Michael Jackson and Akon)

There won't be any controversy about the vocals on this one. The only question is how long until it tops the charts. "Hold My Hand" is a simple, but powerful song that embodies so much of what fans loved about Michael Jackson. Like U2's "One" it is a "love song" that expands outward, making the personal something more profound and universal. With its catchy chorus and majestic crescendo it has all the makings of a big hit (perhaps Jackson's first #1 in the U.S. since "You Are Not Alone" in 1995).

Critics will undoubtedly point to the song's excessive flourishes and sentimentalism. Clearly, in his updated production, Akon was aiming bigger than the 2008 version that leaked online. It works, however, among other reasons, because of the context. This is a catharsis song for many listeners. And that's what the transcendent gospel-infused ending provides. There will always be a place (and need) for songs that bring people together, reminding us to love, bridge divides and connect.

Yet for all its lavishness and grandiosity, there are some nice subtle touches as well. The intro is a variation of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major (Jackson was an avid lover of classical music); Jackson's vocal is understated, but effective, capturing a combination of joy, yearning, and sadness. The opening lyric ("This life don't last forever...") is a poignant reminder of the transience of life.

If a song like this can't knock off the pop-lite of Kesha and Katy Perry it says far more about the state of pop music than Michael Jackson. "Hold My Hand" isn't "Man in the Mirror," but it's a nice consolation gift to fill the void of his absence.

Last edited:

I've been replying to the random #holdmyhand tweets that have nothing to do with Michael with this below, just to spread awareness

Great. :clapping:

Let everyone know that the KING is back.

Folks, we have to keep #holdmyhand on twitter. Half world is sleeping now. But they will wake up soon (two or three hours)

Let's do it for MJ.

2010-11-15-holdmyhand.jpg

review-hold-my-hand-micha_b_783420.html

There won't be any controversy about the vocals on this one. The only question is how long until it tops the charts. "Hold My Hand" is a simple, but powerful song that embodies so much of what fans loved about Michael Jackson. Like U2's "One" it is a "love song" that expands outward, making the personal something more profound and universal. With its catchy chorus and majestic crescendo it has all the makings of a big hit (perhaps Jackson's first #1 in the U.S. since "You Are Not Alone" in 1995).

Critics will undoubtedly point to the song's excessive flourishes and sentimentalism. Clearly, in his updated production, Akon was aiming bigger than the 2008 version that leaked online. It works, however, among other reasons, because of the context. This is a catharsis song for many listeners. And that's what the transcendent gospel-infused ending provides. There will always be a place (and need) for songs that bring people together, reminding us to love, bridge divides and connect.

Yet for all its lavishness and grandiosity, there are some nice subtle touches as well. The intro is a variation of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major (Jackson was an avid lover of classical music); Jackson's vocal is understated, but effective, capturing a combination of joy, yearning, and sadness. The opening lyric ("This life don't last forever...") is a poignant reminder of the transience of life.

If a song like this can't knock off the pop-lite of Kesha and Katy Perry it says far more about the state of pop music than Michael Jackson. "Hold My Hand" isn't "Man in the Mirror," but it's a nice consolation gift to fill the void of his absence.

WOW!!! :wild:

Folks, we have to keep #holdmyhand on twitter. Half world is sleeping now. But they will wake up soon (two or three hours)

Let's do it for MJ.

True. Getting MJ at #1 now isn't as difficult as it will be in 3 hours.

So keep twitting. :punk:

Re: New OFFICIAL MJ single - Hold My Hand

Man I love this new complete version of this song! ;)

This version is far better than I could have imagined.

How can I buy this?! I want to BUY the single, not just listen to it for free on michaeljackson.com.

My God, people, I'm sure Sony will announce how you can buy it, chill out. :lol: Usually new singles are released to iTunes on Tuesdays, so it will probably be on Tuesday.

I found it in the Swedish iTunes store on my iPhone - but I cant seem to buy it yet. It shows up on album search "Hold My Hand Akon"

i absolutely LOVE this song!

I found it in the Swedish iTunes store on my iPhone - but I cant seem to buy it yet. It shows up on album search "Hold My Hand Akon"

Oh thanks, just seen it, the release date is 11/16/2010, so we have to wait tomorrow :)

OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!
i wish i could have stayed up and waited till 5am..but i have to work in an hour...so i got up at 7 instead!
AND OMG!!
the new song!!!
sooooo amazingggggggggg!
love the bit 'akon and mj' and the start!!!
omg..michael's voice :boohoo:
i actually cried when i first head him :cry:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Ok.

That's why I can't find it on iTunes.

#HoldMyHand is trending number one in the UK, the US and Worldwide. :punk:

It's on the Norwegian iTunes now. Just bought it :D

OMG i LOVE THIS SONG!!

I like the cover. Very simple - they are holding hands AND it forms a M - for Michael.

the #holdmyhand hash tag is number one on the Trending Topics on twitter!!
:dance: :dance:

Does anyone know is the version streaming on mj.com an mp3 version of the song or wav?

Back