New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015

My Deluxe Edition finally arrived in the mail. It is really beautifull. It is very big package and very heavy (over 2 kg). Quality is incredible. Much better than Bad 25 Deluxe Edition.

Was it expensive Onir? Ive been listening to the album, along with Tug of War a lot. I really like it. The pics ive seen of the special edition look amazing.

Was it expensive Onir? Ive been listening to the album, along with Tug of War a lot. I really like it. The pics ive seen of the special edition look amazing.

It was. $61,62. But it is worth it. When I ordered it I didn't know it's that big! So I was very surprised when the mailman came with the package.

My Deluxe Edition finally arrived in the mail. It is really beautifull. It is very big package and very heavy (over 2 kg). Quality is incredible. Much better than Bad 25 Deluxe Edition.

What is the actual content? Because as I see it from Amazon it's basically just the original album, some demos of the songs on the album, two tracks that weren't on the original album but they were already released in other form, so not unknown to PM fans and there is one (Christian Bop) that is first officially released now (but it appeared on bootlegs - so this wasn't unknown to hard core PM fans either). Oh and there is one (1!) never before heard demo on it. Maybe the package was not that impressive on Bad 25, but to me Bad 25 seems to have a lot more content actually - also more new content. And it costs half of what PoP deluxe costs. Imagine the uproar if we only had one not yet known song on Bad 25 - and that for $60+.

Last edited:
^^Yeah, new content wise it isn't as expansive as Bad 25 was (though I feel just because some of it's available on bootleg shouldn't mean it's less... worthy/valuable?? you know what I mean). Minus the DVD/112 essay book, you can get all of the new content on the standard 2 disc set anyway just like Bad 25's standard.

This super deluxe edition reminds me of that Bad 25 super deluxe suitcase which, at least to me, really wasn't worth anywhere near the extra money. I always felt that the extras like the headphones were really just gimmicks to justify the obscene price... which I remember being a lot greater than the PoP boxset. The boxset for PoP had less exclusive content to it (and thus it was less in price), but I feel the quality of the goods (such as 112 page essay on the album) were more valuable than the higher quantity of random goods offered by the B25 one.

The packaging for the Pipes of Peace deluxe edition is miles better than Bad 25 deluxe edition. I got the deluxe edition in the boxset that has the Bad album + Extra CD + Live CD + Concert DVD and while it's nice packaging, it's poorly thought out in the sense that you have to pull everything out to get to whatever part of the collection you want. It feels nice and you certainly get the feeling it's a deluxe edition, it's just poorly thought out in terms of accessing the material.

I'd love to see Michael Jackson get a release that had as much dedication as to what Paul McCartney did to each of his albums. Like, let's imagine if Dangerous 25 came out in a similar super deluxe package.

Wouldn't this be incredible? In addition to the original Dangerous album...
-A disc full of new audio, from demos to unreleased songs, maybe even some studio chatter or a track where we see Michael developing a song.
-A DVD/Blu-ray that has footage of Michael working in the studio and perhaps some other footage from this time we've yet to see (think how Macca included studio footage in his package, as well as home video footage for 'The Man'). The Blu-ray also debuts HD versions of the Dangerous short films for the first time ever! There could be space on here for some behind the scenes as well, maybe even into the restoration and remastering of the short films.
-Book included full of studio/behind the scenes/photographs/written notes by MJ but also an analysis/essay on the album and Michael Jackson's creative growth as an artist during this time period.
-Another book (or perhaps another section in the book) that focuses on the questions just mentioned, but for the short films instead. Maybe even look into the cultural impact the album and it's singles/short films had.
-All packaged in a big, deluxe package that truly feels like you're holding something special, that makes you feel like this album truly is one of the best in the history of music.

I mean, I'm not expecting this from the Estate but I can dream :p I'm feel more and more confident with The Estate with every release (so far) but I really would like to see Michael Jackson getting packages that were as good, if not better, than what Paul McCartney is doing for his albums. I'm not saying it has to be for every album, but perhaps for the really significant reissues. If anyone deserves it, it's Michael!

Last edited:
^ I am not sure why we should compare PoP deluxe to Bad25 super deluxe (with the suitcase and all) when even Bad25 deluxe has more content for half of the money that PoP deluxe costs. I think it is totally appropriate to compare the two normal deluxe versions.

I guess it depends on what is important to one. If it's the booklet and the package then yes, PoP is more impressive. If it is the actual content, then Bad 25 is by far superior IMO.

I just don't get it why PoP is seen as some superior example about "how it is done properly" when I am sure if the Estate had dared to come out as little new content on Bad 25 as PoP deluxe has (basically one never before heard demo) I am sure we would not hear the end of the Estate bashing for it. You ask:

(though I feel just because some of it's available on bootleg shouldn't mean it's less... worthy/valuable?? you know what I mean).

It shouldn't but the reality is that it is worth less for fans if there is less never before heard content. How many times I have seen threats on this board that "if the next release only has songs we already have (even as just bootlegs) I am not buying it". Bad 25 was really a treat in that regard with six never before heard tracks.
PoP deluxe has the 2 CDs and 1 DVD. Bad 25 deluxe has 3 CDs and 1 DVD. PoP deluxe has one never before heard demo, Bad 25 deluxe has six. And again: for half of the price as what PoP deluxe costs!

A booklet with photos and essays and serious analysis would be nice indeed but it probably would raise the price, just like PoP deluxe is very expensive. How much fans would like that? I don't know. I am sure then the Estate would be criticized for ripping off the fans.

IMO Bad 25 actually was a great release. Much better than Thriller 25. When something like PoP deluxe is compared favourably to it, it just sounds like a case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Last edited:
^ I am not sure why we should compare PoP deluxe to Bad25 super deluxe (with the suitcase and all) when even Bad25 deluxe has more content for half of the money that PoP deluxe costs. I think it is totally appropriate to compare the two normal deluxe versions.

I was comparing the two super high-end deluxe editions because they're both expensive high-end collectors items of the various reissues that don't offer THAT much more value. If you want to add in the small black box deluxe edition, then go for it.

I guess it depends on what is important to one. If it's the booklet and the package then yes, PoP is more impressive. If it is the actual content, then Bad 25 is by far superior IMO.

I just don't get it why PoP is seen as some superior example about "how it is done properly" when I am sure if the Estate had dared to come out as little new content on Bad 25 as PoP deluxe has (basically one never before heard demo) I am sure we would not hear the end of the Estate bashing for it.

I'm saying Paul McCartney and his team did it right when it came to the packaging (which was far superior to Bad 25's deluxe edition) as well as written material which I'd love to see more of for MJ. It feels great to get a giant book where you can go through the nice big photographs (not to diss Bad 25's booklet, it was regular size but it had many great photos). In regards to the essay, I think the Xscape booklet had an essay? So that's a good start and I'd like to see them expand on that greatly like Macca's team have.

PoP deluxe has the 2 CDs and 1 DVD. Bad 25 deluxe has 3 CDs and 1 DVD. PoP deluxe has one never before heard demo, Bad 25 deluxe has six. And again: for half of the price as what PoP deluxe costs!

I'm not going to deny that Bad 25 had the better and most unheard content for everyone, because it did and I literally agreed with you earlier. However, what you're saying depends on what fan you ask. There are a number of hardcore Paul McCartney fans who had heard those demos, but there are a number of hardcore Paul McCartney fans who hadn't heard those demos. Around the announcement/release of the reissue, I saw many in both categories over various social media around the announcement/release.

I think there should've been a lot more unleaked material on top of it (especially as such releases tend to be catered to more hardcore fans who would are more likely to hunt out this material) but there are still plenty of Macca fans who were yet to hear this material and enjoyed it for the first time. Like I said though, Bad 25 did have the better content of the two for everyone.

A booklet with photos and essays and serious analysis would be nice indeed but it probably would raise the price, just like PoP deluxe is very expensive. How much fans would like that? I don't know. I am sure then the Estate would be criticized for ripping off the fans.

Perhaps but who cares? The Estate get criticised for almost everything by various MJ fans. If they offered an excellent deluxe edition that contained materials that added value to the product (instead of what I personally felt were gimmicks like random earphones, a lanyard and a tour booklet) then it would be worth the raised price... so long as it wasn't absurd ya know.

IMO Bad 25 actually was a great release. Much better than Thriller 25. When something like PoP deluxe is compared favourably to it, it just sounds like a case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Agreed! I haven't even got Thriller 25 because most of the bonus material is available on the 2001 Special Edition, the other track (For All Time?) I just bought off iTunes and the only remix I'm interested in is Kanye Wests. I feel the Estate did a great job offering new content on Bad 25 (and while I know many fans weren't into them, I enjoyed the remixes... except for the Pitbull one. The only track I've never ripped off a solo MJ CD :p).

When it comes to the content, perhaps my only gripe is the 1 Disc Live CD as some music was cut down. Would've been great to have a second disc :)

Paul McCartney's Twitter just tweeted the photo that was used for the Say Say Say Remix cover :)

GD1tu4g.jpg

Link

Re: New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015 [OUT NOW!!]

I know I'm late, but I just heard it last night and I like it!

What is the actual content? Because as I see it from Amazon it's basically just the original album, some demos of the songs on the album, two tracks that weren't on the original album but they were already released in other form, so not unknown to PM fans and there is one (Christian Bop) that is first officially released now (but it appeared on bootlegs - so this wasn't unknown to hard core PM fans either). Oh and there is one (1!) never before heard demo on it. Maybe the package was not that impressive on Bad 25, but to me Bad 25 seems to have a lot more content actually - also more new content. And it costs half of what PoP deluxe costs. Imagine the uproar if we only had one not yet known song on Bad 25 - and that for $60+.

Newly remastered original 11 track album at Abbey Road Studios.
Disc 2 includes 9 tracks, previously unreleased and rare tracks plus a new remix of Say Say Say.
DVD includes behind the scenes footage and previously unreleased home videos.
Also includes a 112 page essay book and 64 page photo book about the music video for Pipes of Peace.
Plus downloadable high-resolution audio of first 2 discs.

I think it's all about quality here and not quantity. I can't describe you how beautiful the packaging is. It is hard, big and heavy, material is textured and of high-quality. Books are beautiful, pictures in them also. The sound quality is also impeccable.

On the other hand on Bad 25 you had subpar VHS quality DVD & Pitbull remix.

Disc 2 includes 9 tracks, previously unreleased and rare tracks plus a new remix of Say Say Say.

How many previously unreleased tracks are there on it?

On the other hand on Bad 25 you had subpar VHS quality DVD & Pitbull remix.

And six tracks that fans never heard before - not even as bootleg...

Last edited:
How many previously unreleased tracks are there on it?

I really don't know what was released before and what not. I had Pipes Of Peace 1993 reissue which had 14 tracks and 2015 remaster has 20 tracks. I'm not a big fan of his, I mainly bought it because of Michael tracks, DVD footage and books with MJ photos.

I really don't know what was released before and what not. I had Pipes Of Peace 1993 reissue which had 14 tracks and 2015 remaster has 20 tracks. I'm not a big fan of his, I mainly bought it because of Michael tracks, DVD footage and books with MJ photos.

I am asking because from what I gathered from Amazon and Wikipedia, basically out of all of those songs only one is formerly unreleased/unknown to the fans. I wonder what MJ fans would have said if Bad 25 had only contained one formerly unknown song.

Would I like to see big fancy books, heavy packages and HD DVDs for MJ releases? Of course. Who doesn't? But I am buying a musical release mainly for the music, not a book and a package. Of course, if there is an extra book and cool package that is a treat. But like I said above it comes with a price too. PoP costs twice as much as Bad 25.

I am asking because from what I gathered from Amazon and Wikipedia, basically out of all of those songs only one is formerly unreleased/unknown to the fans. I wonder what MJ fans would have said if Bad 25 had only contained one formerly unknown song.

Thriller 25 came with only 1 previously unreleased song (which leaked few years before that). Not counting Japan only exclusive track. And 1 verse + some backing vocals for new version of WBSS.

Thriller 25 came with only 1 previously unreleased song (which leaked few years before that). Not counting Japan only exclusive track. And 1 verse + some backing vocals for new version of WBSS.

Yes,and it was a much, much weaker release than Bad 25.

Really cool remix, sound like a demo to me! Thanks to Paul.

Exclusive – Behind The Scenes of Paul McCartney And Michael Jackson's New 'Say Say Say' Remix Video

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...-michael-jacksons-new-say-say-say-remix-video

Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson's 'Say Say Say' was one of three collaborations between the pair, and it was a smash hit, topping the US Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks in 1983.

The single has now been revitalised with a new remix, which appears on the reissue of Paul McCartney’s 'Pipes of Peace' album. Mark 'Spike' Stent's edit switches over Macca and MJ's voices, and the accompanying video, created by Sia and Lady Gaga collaborator Ryan Heffington, has routines MJ himself would be proud of. See the video and behind the scenes of its creation below:

<iframe width="605" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Lb_CFg2yi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I purchased the Say Say Say vinyl single that was released today in the US.

32PiV1NpILjcMNFPwO4-WYFJ3JfzKeS2kTY3b-huqd6pa0LuobmAt4I0v4I5AuOahbujN_EtzABF7s6pysOJtolypg1qWz15Ac9fRJWOgSluF4ks8u06zlI4xbWlKRq6JntdVbQBumZw-yOibMWgC_fq75z49zLi-I1rwGNbjRab8Mbl9JxA5InYQ886hgPUkgwqce4Szh2b00GWNZLEHBjo7Jp8yeL4I9BevlKEFCX_eRZFuqzLphF5DICvQTVHtJV6GBqgCQv6oVu9VT_JwTu0HUpbxmeKIgoI0usPHVe3dtDFHW2rPZAhVhh_QYccJTOtoV_z2iT38OGgYCAqqZnyNftNLYVP9aEhW09fgs7SQUf4gy-ulPN_XVEGLrGLq2yAVJ_SiQnVgScj8cpeIFjz4c9ATkIIo6sq64jHoZJjgl9QvFTpemmzB_SA4yP-2UX48RPZc1-9u08RjXGwkIquMRW4eePa6MzJvksSVbmdcJSJ3GdcB0o3OQSIOKD_PNJrwlO5tv1en-YYhisiQP1NbKKxtucdgyu8jObe9Oc=w1306-h979-no

The Say Say Say vinyl single was actually released in the UK, as well, on Saturday as part of Universal's 12 Days of Christmas promotion.

Supposedly it's limited to 1000 copies in the UK. I got mine *smug*.

A very Happy Christmas from everyone here at PaulMcCartney.com!

To celebrate the 2015 reissue of Pipes of Peace as part of the GRAMMY-winning Paul McCartney Archive Collection we asked you to help us make a new fan video for 'Say Say Say [2015 Remix]' ...and wow, you made us proud!

We want to say a big thank you to everyone who took part and sent in their entries - we hope you enjoy the video! Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments below...!

original.jpg

paul-mccartney.jpg

I’m so sad to hear the news of the passing of dear George Martin. I have so many wonderful memories of this great man that will be with me forever. He was a true gentleman and like a second father to me. He guided the career of The Beatles with such skill and good humour that he became a true friend to me and my family. If anyone earned the title of the fifth Beatle it was George. From the day that he gave The Beatles our first recording contract, to the last time I saw him, he was the most generous, intelligent and musical person I’ve ever had the pleasure to know.

It’s hard to choose favourite memories of my time with George, there are so many but one that comes to mind was the time I brought the song 'Yesterday’ to a recording session and the guys in the band suggested that I sang it solo and accompany myself on guitar. After I had done this George Martin said to me, "Paul I have an idea of putting a string quartet on the record". I said, “Oh no George, we are a rock and roll band and I don’t think it’s a good idea”. With the gentle bedside manner of a great producer he said to me, "Let us try it and if it doesn’t work we won’t use it and we’ll go with your solo version". I agreed to this and went round to his house the next day to work on the arrangement.

He took my chords that I showed him and spread the notes out across the piano, putting the cello in the low octave and the first violin in a high octave and gave me my first lesson in how strings were voiced for a quartet. When we recorded the string quartet at Abbey Road, it was so thrilling to know his idea was so correct that I went round telling people about it for weeks. His idea obviously worked because the song subsequently became one of the most recorded songs ever with versions by Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye and thousands more.

This is just one of the many memories I have of George who went on to help me with arrangements on 'Eleanor Rigby', 'Live and Let Die' and many other songs of mine.

I am proud to have known such a fine gentleman with such a keen sense of humour, who had the ability to poke fun at himself. Even when he was Knighted by the Queen there was never the slightest trace of snobbery about him.

My family and I, to whom he was a dear friend, will miss him greatly and send our love to his wife Judy and their kids Giles and Lucy, and the grandkids.

The world has lost a truly great man who left an indelible mark on my soul and the history of British music.

God bless you George and all who sail in you!

Paul

March 9, 2016 paulmccartney.com

A gorgeous piece by Paul. Thank you George for helping make so much magical music.

Very sad news, definitely one of the most influential producers in music history. He'll be missed. RIP. :(

Say Say Say *-*
Pienso que ellos pudieron hacer un mejor vídeo musical

Back