New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015

Regarding James Porte, He is a music mixer and engineer to many big hits..
Name one.

I don't remember how he actually sounds.. Does anyone have an example of his own vocal work?

He is the backing vocalist on Breaking News, Stay... and all other Cascio songs. He sounds nothing like MJ or Jason Malachi. You have his song Exotic Dancer somewhere online.

Boys 2 Men - Full Circle
Nas - Stillmatic
Ginuwine - Back 2 the basics

He was also the composer on Luther Vandross album, Tamia's 'More'..

Last edited:
The new "remix" - finalized demo - is great!!

^^so this is where the "little voice" thing comes from. Good for Paul saying "Michael" when the guy used the J-word.
This is such a well known story. Is the guy just acting stupid on purpose?

I really don't get the talk about their voices sounding so incredibly similar. I can't imagine anyone is actually listening to this remix going "wait is this Paul or Michael? Oh, and who is this now?"

If anything regarding simular I know Michael (like hold my hand) matches a specific tone and pitch where that person left off to carry it to his own - so that initial transition from one vocal to the others is sometimes difficult to decipher at times but to confuse the two vocals .. no

Is the guy just acting stupid on purpose?

That and he was probably looking for a reaction because Paul McCartney losing his s**t over name calling would garner a good headline for this nobody reporter. Why is it always the British ones too? :doh:

Don't think they know any other way to be honest. Maybe he got his journalism degree from one of those quick courses in the mail. "For only small easy monthly payments you too can be a journalist. Hurry! Act now!"
Yeah I blinked several times at the bit that you would have trouble telling the difference between Michael's and Paul's voice. :no:

Funny. I watched this interview 9 hours ago and it just dawned on me that the guy was so "amazed" that they wrote the song together 'face to face' because he had always pictured Michael as an eccentric recluse. Who probably did any and all work by correspondence/phone.

Another dig. And another thumbs up to McCartney for acting like he didn't notice the shade.

I guess it would really amaze people if they just sat down and thought about how many people Michael actually worked with, talked to, visited, traveled to see, etc. and how very rarely he was at home. Old fables die hard.

Edited to add: This article just hit my newsfeed and he's not a journalist at all. He's the lead singer of a Welch alternative rock group called Manic Street Preachers, named James Dean Bradfield. Perhaps that's the reason Paul was so nice to him.

Last edited:
^I was going to correct myself to add precisely what you wrote about this Bradfield guy. I've never heard of him or his band before watching him interviewing Sir Paul but knowing he's a rock musician now, he clearly shows his white rock bias and utter ignorance towards Michael. It seems many Beatles fans in the media and general public can't let go Michael acquired the catalogue in an honest way, they treat him like he committed the ultimate sacrilege buying the holy grail or something. I mean, the Beatles are huge in the western part of the world, I won't deny that but I really don't think they have the same status as Michael has in the rest of the globe.

The Manics were good back in the day. Outspoken morons in recent years, mainly James and Nicky Wire.

I don't bother with anything they have to say since Nicky Wire said that the White Stripes Elephant was a sh1t album. Moron.

I'm sure they're known in the UK or probably in more European countries but not where I live at least. His outspoken idiocy made me not to even brother to search for the band's music to know who they are.

If he supposedly can't distinguish Michael's and Paul's voices, he needs to have his hearing checked.

The Manics haven't had a hit for years. Decent band in their time. But that interview shows him to be a bit clueless.

Why is he so insistent on this by proxy method of songwriting? I trained to be a journalist and one of the things I learned really early about interviewing was being aware of what someone has already committed to record ie. the wealth of interviews Paul has done where he was talked about his relationship with Michael, not to mention the plethora of photos, videos and of course the Say, Say, Say video itself. I'm not saying the Manics guy ought to have the same level of skill as a journalist but yeah, utterly clueless he is in the face of all the information out there already.

Changing the subject a bit and going off on a tangent- but coming in to work this morning in the car and Loving You came on- does anyone else think that this song could easily have been written/sung by Paul McCartney? I think it would easily have fit on Rubber Soul or Revolver!

rumored cover art of the single, which is expected to be released on Nov. 20

092930i66g3gdxcgma6n3a.jpg

If that's the cover, they really should reduce the lettering' size and put them bellow to not having Michael's and Paul's faces covered with the letters.

That's a cute picture and especially cute of Michael.

And I agree that 'Loving You' sounds definitely like a McCartney song.

It is the cover! I just came across this on Spotify:
YW7qkgp.png

It was at the top of MJ's profile under 'Latest Release'. Doesn't seem to be out on iTunes or Google Play yet.

I quite like the cover actually! For the record, the font used is that off the original single release (note 'McCARTNEY' and 'JACKSON').

G3Wprtq.jpg

My Deluxe Edition finally arrived in the mail. It is really beautifull. It is very big package and very heavy (over 2 kg). Quality is incredible. Much better than Bad 25 Deluxe Edition.

Back