New song Oct. 12th + 'This is it' Album out on Oct. 26th. Pre-order at Amazon.com

But its an official release supported by his estate and benefiting his family, thats enough for me!!

What do you suggest, download illegally or get a copy, sure Michael would of loved you!

But its an official release supported by his estate and benefiting his family, thats enough for me!!

What do you suggest, download illegally or get a copy, sure Michael would of loved you!

I'm sure Michael would have loved to see the fans being ripped off like this.

He won't release this CD. Sony will.

I'm sure Michael would have loved to see the fans being ripped off like this.
The thing is that YES- it SUCKS!!!! Sony is playing us for fools and giving us another greatest hits cd.

But HELLO- if the cd comes out and sels 2 copies, I don't even want to know what the media would say. I'm just thinking how MJ would feel if he was here to see a cd of his flop.

You have to decide whether or not your anger for Sony overrides your support for Michael.

I'm buying it.

All of your negative reactions towards the new CD just makes me very depressed, everyone is measuring how worth is the new CD and whether it is worth buying or not!! Isn’t it enough that it comes with a new song and a poem?? Well, Michael is not alive to make decisions and that’s all we’ve got for now and it is really sad! What! No one can afford to pay $9.99 my breakfast costs more than this, even a lousy drink from Starbucks may cost more. I don’t really understand what the hell with those many negative reactions! Either those people are really very cheap or they are taking a stand against Sony “as if” they’ll really change the industry! This is all about the money and we all know it… I will prefer to consider honoring Michael for the hard work he’ve done for his fans, he died while doing it to achieve your satisfaction and earn your approval!

I donno about you but I believe the following reasons are enough for me to buy the CD:

1. Two versions of a brand new song “THIS IS IT” – Those two may cost more than $3 as new but they’ll not be sold separately.

2. A spoken word poem from Michael Jackson entitled "Planet Earth." – This should be a great complement for the album. It must be priceless!

3. Early demo versions of classics "She's Out Of My Life," "Wanna Be Startin'," "Somethin'," and "Beat It." – Those are some of our favorite songs and I really want to hear other versions of them and I won’t go dig forums to get them unofficially in lousy quality.

4. 36-page, commemorative booklet featuring exclusive photos of Michael from his last rehearsal – I will defiantly want to see his recent pictures before he died, already most of us gone crazy for TII photos. This is a must have for every fan and I think it will be costly if it was sold separately.

5. Part of sales revenues will go to great causes, to charities from his estate, his mother and his kids.

So I have five major reasons to buy the new album, not one but five for $9.99, so I decided to save on ice-cream to afford it! :smilerolleyes: I know we are making Sony rich, but I know that Michael’s estate, his mother, his children and charities will benefit as well.

I am definitely dying for a brand new album from Michael but I know that it is coming in the pipeline, for this I won’t express too much negativity for an album which is linked directly to a movie, and of course I won’t start criticizing or mocking (hating) people who wants to buy it in bulk. :)

^^ People who are not going to buy the album have given their reasons multiple times in these multiple threads about the subject.

Oh and btw, in Finland the album costs about 20 euros which is almost 30 US dollars. No, it's about the money, but I just wanted to point that out.

this is it
Here I stand
I’m the light of the world
I feel grand
Life is love
I can feel
And I know you wish you were here as well
And it feels as though ive seen your face a thousand times
And you said you really know me

lyrics as i heard them^^
can anyone correct these and fill in the last bit?

I'm gonna buy the CD, I'm doing it for Michael and the estate, NOT for Sony.

And, This Is It sounds beautiful, and I know the poem will be too.

^^ People who are not going to buy the album have given their reasons multiple times in these multiple threads about the subject.
I read them all.

Oh and btw, in Finland the album costs about 20 euros which is almost 30 US dollars. No, it's about the money, but I just wanted to point that out.
And it is one of the richest countries in the world :)

The song sounds so beautiful.
It almost makes me cry and makes my realise again how much I miss Michael Jackson:(

Now the discussion will start (except if Sony says it's from the 80's... we won't even know whether they tell the truth or not if they say the vocals are new) whether it's newly recorded or not.

I don't know. Some parts sound new, deeper voice, but maybe its my imagination.

I almost can't believe Michael wanted an old 80's outtake as a soundtrack for This Is It. So it has to be newly recorded.

Or maybe it wasn't the plan to release this song and single, and they made it all up using an outtake... just to get money.

Hopefully we will see Mike talk about the song or something on the DVD.

I read them all.

Good.

And it is one of the richest countries in the world :)

I'm not sure why you brought that up. One of your biggest arguments was that it's really cheap, you're breakfast costs more, ice cream costs more... Well just because Finland is a rather rich country we don't pay 20 euros for breakfast or ice cream. And just because a country is considered rich doesn''t mean that every citizen is. But like I said, it's not about the money, which you must know since you've been reading these threads.

I'm not sure why you brought that up. One of your biggest arguments was that it's really cheap, you're breakfast costs more, ice cream costs more... Well just because Finland is a rather rich country we don't pay 20 euros for breakfast or ice cream. And just because a country is considered rich doesn''t mean that every citizen is. But like I said, it's not about the money, which you must know since you've been reading these threads.

Because I can’t get into reasons why it is selling outrageously more expansive in such countries. Amazon UK charges me only 6 pounds to ship (standard shipping) a pack of 5 CDs with one BD disk all the way to my doorstep in Dubai across the European continent. Try Amazon UK which is near to you, or try a digital download such iTunes of HMV but I am not sure if it will work for you but eventually it might.

The point that to me it has more of a sentimental value than actual value as per my recent post. To me I want to celebrate I’m FINALLY getting a new song from Michael, when was the last time this happened! How many years we have waited! I will defiantly argue about the cost, either 9 US dollars or even 20 Euros, this is not a fortune (at least to me!) and in many threads it is about the money and Sony! But let’s not forget that Michael’s estate will be the highest beneficiary. And yes I’ll compare how much insignificantly we might be spending on daily basis! And I would think how I might abandon him just because I don’t like the principle behind the CD or how it is put together or managed by people other than Michael himself, it doesn’t matter anymore… What matters the most that the cost is too insignificant behind the cause of the entire subject which is the THIS IS IT concert/movie/CD/etc… I just don’t think Michael deserves this much negativity for something he cared to accomplish to a point where he risked his life, I mean lost his life.

The point that to me it has more of a sentimental value than actual value as per my recent post. To me I want to celebrate I’m FINALLY getting a new song from Michael, when was the last time this happened! How many years we have waited! I will defiantly argue about the cost, either 9 US dollars or even 20 Euros, this is not a fortune (at least to me!) and in many threads it is about the money and Sony! But let’s not forget that Michael’s estate will be the highest beneficiary. And yes I’ll compare how much insignificantly we might be spending on daily basis! And I would think how I might abandon him just because I don’t like the principle behind the CD or how it is put together or managed by people other than Michael himself, it doesn’t matter anymore… What matters the most that the cost is too insignificant behind the cause of the entire subject which is the THIS IS IT concert/movie/CD/etc… I just don’t think Michael deserves this much negativity for something he cared to accomplish to a point where he risked his life, I mean lost his life.

Like I've said before, everyone makes their own decisions, I'm not trying to convert anyone, but I'm more than willing to give my opinion about the subject, just like you. You have your reasons to buy the album, and I have my reasons not to buy it.

This Is It is now NUMBER 1 on Amazon.co.uk bestsellers!!!

Lets get it to number 1 on Amazon.com as well its just $9.99 dollars for the double album inc book and free postage.

Bargain!

Hey Guys check this out, it is the top seller on Amazon UK:

mjamazonuktti.jpg

Last edited:
Just to let everone know -

If we all buy the new 'This Is It' Album in its 1st week of release or pre-order, we can get MJ his 10th Number One Album in the UK!!!

How great would that be! A fitting tribute to the king!!!

Is their enough new content on the album for it to classify as a "new" album on the Billboard charts? I know they have really strict rules, and don't know whether what is essentially a GH counts as a new release?

umm....where is Speechless? I thought there was going to be performed on TII.
Uf...why they didn't put at least one song from Invincible album in it... I feel bad about that whole soundtrack album... No new songs at all. I tried looking positive way, but now i just can't.
I didn't know Michael but I doubt he would like that. He always said that he is perfectionist...so why would he ever want to release unfinished song. So sad...they tricked him even when he is not here...

Its a new album. does not matter thats its a greatest hits and it is eligible to enter the main Billboard album chart, just like Madonna's new greatest hits album has also been eligible and entered at 7.

ps. Now at number 2 on Amazon.com bestsellers!!!

Is their enough new content on the album for it to classify as a "new" album on the Billboard charts? I know they have really strict rules, and don't know whether what is essentially a GH counts as a new release?

today on my news they where talking about MJ This Is It song they say akon was sing it first :thinking: WHAT! why? did they say that :yes:
my Mother say that song sound like the call why i say to mom :no: doesn't

I have a headache while listening to This is it...it just reminds me of something bad...don't know why :S

While I stop listening it it's just...nothing...the same feeling i get while listening to She got it... it's not good, nor bad, something beetwen, so not typical for Michael's songs.
Why they don't add just few songs from Invincible, songs like: Cry, Speechless, Butterflies, Unbreakable,...
I am very disappointed, but I will still be buying album, knowing that a lot of proceeds are goint to the right hands, because that is the only fair thing to do...

Back