'Off The Wall 2015' News & Discussion Thread

A high quality Victory Tour show is top of my list. My list kinda goes backwards from there.

No.

Do you remember DePasse comments about the M25 rehearsals?

No mention of the Jackson brothers unless of course, one believes they did disapprove and DePasse felt the need to omit that information in an effort to protect them from whomever one believes DePasse would protect them from. One would also have to believe DePasse felt no need to protect the MJ Estate.

The Jacksons were with Epic which is Sony. Sony would prevent them as they did with the Jacksons' Vevo page that is own by Sony under the direction of their business partners, the MJ Estate.

The Estate has no interest in releasing Victory/Triumph. Both tours contain Michael's likeness and that is why they have not been release. Has nothing to do with the Jackson brothers. That is fan folklore.

WHY? This is a significant part of his legacy!!

While some fans may be aware some Jackson family members have a distaste for the executors, it is rarely noticed the executors have a distaste for some Jackson family members.

While some fans may be aware some Jackson family members have a distaste for the executors, it is rarely noticed the executors have a distaste for some Jackson family members.

Well, this makes NO sense to me. Branca was hired by Michael at this time and negotiated great contracts for Michael and the Jacksons with Epic. He was there from "Off the Wall" on. This is part of his past too, when he started to shine as an attorney.

I don't care if they all hate and loathe and despise each other-show business makes strange bedfellows-these tours would be much better to showcase Michael in his prime, than more Dangerous and HIStory tours that have a lot of really bad memories.

Barbee0715, indeed. It is no matter if these parties have distaste for each other. The Estate however has the position of power regarding these releases because they control Michael's image and that is why we are not watching Triumph/Victory right now in pristine quality with accompanying live CDs (and beautiful, photo booklets).

Both parties have to come to some mutually acceptable conclusion for any Jacksons release to happen, which I don't see happening any time soon.

I would put much of that blame on Jermaine. As I previously stated, somewhere overseas he blasted the estate for the Xscape album not because the process of remixing Michael's music was disrespectful (regardless of how excellent the final product was), but that he wasn't called in to participate. Much of his disdain seems to stem from the fact that he and the family have no say in how Michael is presented to the public.

As I previously stated, somewhere overseas he blasted the estate for the Xscape album not because the process of remixing Michael's music was disrespectful (regardless of how excellent the final product was), but that he wasn't called in to participate. Much of his disdain seems to stem from the fact that he and the family have no say in how Michael is presented to the public.

Oh boohoo Jermaine. Why should you have anything to do with the Xscape album or any solo Michael Jackson product for that matter haha.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Michael gave all power of his image etc to his Estate right, which in turn the Jackson family aren't apart of? Well then Jermaine can't really complain to Branca and co. because Michael himself elected that the family should have no say in how he is presented posthumously. If Michael didn't want you representing him then too bad.

I would put much of that blame on Jermaine.

Can you please remind me what you are making Jermaine blameworthy of? What release did Jermaine use his power to prevent Estate/Sony from releasing?

Can you please remind me what you are making Jermaine blameworthy of? What release did Jermaine use his power to prevent Estate/Sony from releasing?

In the event that anyone was to pursue a Jacksons concert film release, the estate would need to sign off on use of Michael's image and all four living brothers would have to consent. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I've been made aware.

Jermaine has not been the kindest to the executors in the past. It would all but surprise me if such a project were to gain traction and Sony/the estate were to stick it to them and deny the use of Michael and/or his music.

We've seen how petty the estate can be with the Freddie Mercury situation.

This is entirely a product of my imagination and should not be taken as fact that a Jacksons concert was never released because of Jermaine. It simply isn't illogical for me to foresee such a situation happening, however. Just my two cents.

AlwaysThere;4113946 said:
Jermaine has not been the kindest to the executors in the past. It would all but surprise me if such a project were to gain traction and Sony/the estate were to stick it to them and deny the use of Michael and/or his music.

It has happened. The result is the current Jacksons’ Vevo page.

You cannot correctly find Jermaine blameworthy for the Estate’s actions as the Estate is accountable for their own actions. Placing blame on a random Jackson for the Estate’s actions is illogical.

Tygger;4114036 said:
It has happened. The result is the current Jacksons’ Vevo page.

You cannot correctly find Jermaine blameworthy for the Estate’s actions as the Estate is accountable for their own actions. Placing blame on a random Jackson for the Estate’s actions is illogical.

There's a substantial difference between a YouTube upload and a commercially released DVD/Blu-ray.

Also if you take a quick look at the Jacksons VEVO page, there are only four videos: Torture (which Michael does not appear in and did not have a hand in writing), Blame it on the Boogie (which Michael did not have a hand in writing), Enjoy Yourself (which Michael did not have a hand in writing), and the Immortal Megamix (which is not truly under the Jacksons brand).

It seems a bit coincidental, wouldn't you say? The only videos legally uploaded to their VEVO page are not copyrighted solely to Michael.

Perhaps you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say (or I'm poorly articulating myself). I am saying that it would not surprise me any if tensions between the two parties were to blame for the current lack of a Jacksons-related project.

Any comments Jermaine had made would most definitely get beneath the skin of the executors, who would more than likely cut off any possibility of an agreement if such a situation were to arise (once again, this is just hypothetical).

So whose fault would that be? Both parties. Jermaine should learn to not badmouth people/corporations who he would need to cooperate with in the future (whether or not he is correct in his judgments is irrelevant - in business, everything is backwards), and the estate should learn to accept that not everyone will like them and stop themselves from stunting a release many are rallying for.

To recap: both parties would have to mutually agree for a Jacksons concert DVD to be released. It isn't absurd to suggest that tensions between both sides have prevented such a project. This is mere speculation, and nowhere do I preach it as fact.

It seems a bit coincidental, wouldn't you say? The only videos legally uploaded to their VEVO page are not copyrighted solely to Michael.

???

AlwaysThere, only one party has the power to stop the release and that is where blame lies. You can find Jermaine blameworthy but he has no power to hinder a concert release.

If the Estate/Sony wanted to release these concerts and saw financial value in it, you would have seen it. There are instances where the Estate has hindered releases with Michael's image/likeness even when the Estate is enriched by the release. Please remind me of any instance where the brothers hindered an Estate/Sony release.

Back