Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

Don't worry about it. 224,000 for 3rd spot in the USA is actually great.

Remember he's not here to do videos and take the music to the next level.

Sometimes with Billboard it all depends on when you release your album. If you release it at a time when other current popular artist releasing there albums, than off course you got more competition

For example had Sony released 2001 Invincible the same time as NSYNC and Britney Spears, he would have been at #3

I read recently here in the forum that Invincible sold 350,000 albums in the US the first week of its release (correct me if I'm wrong). So if this is right, then there was no way it would have ever debuted (Invincible that is) at #3, even under the above circumstances.

And to some fans claiming these results are due to lack of promotion, they are WRONG. If just all the fans went out and bought "Michael" it would easily debut at #1 and would stay there for a couple of weeks to say the least. And I doubt that there is one single fan in the world that didn't hear about this release at all.

So be sure, it is the boycotting that brought those results

I read recently here in the forum that Invincible sold 350,000 albums in the US the first week of its release (correct me if I'm wrong). So if this is right, then there was no way it would have ever debuted (Invincible that is) at #3, even under the above circumstances.

And to some fans claiming these results are due to lack of promotion, they are WRONG. If just all the fans went out and bought "Michael" it would easily debut at #1 and would stay there for a couple of weeks to say the least. And I doubt that there is one single fan in the world that didn't hear about this release at all.

So be sure, it is the boycotting that brought those results

Thats almost 10 years ago and a different era now. If you thought downloading was a concern back then, the entire world is doing it now.

Also MJ has passed away. Their are no videos with MJ to sell the album

Can't compare

Yeah, we did it:

"Michael" IS #1 in Germany!!!

Source: media control / Sony Music

(After the USA and the UK Germany is the most important music market.)

Congrats Germany! Michael loved you very much and now you are showing him your love!

Well this was always gonna happen with all the fans boycotts and no support for the album. If everyone got together and flooded the internet then it coulda been different :(. I've even heard some fans saying how they've told their family & friends not to buy the album, the knock on effect this kinda thing has added with the negative publicity was always going to harm sales and its a big shame. It is true however that had this been released at a different time it would've walked to number one :D

be sure to know what you're talking about please !

Invincible would have been neaten easily by N sync (1,5 M the only 1st week !) or even Britney Spears of course.

this being said, i love Invincible...the most underrated album of all time

Italy NUMBER ONE ??
Sweden NUMBER ONE
Netherlands NUMBER ONE
Allemagne NUMBER ONE
LUXEMBOURG : NUMBER ONE ???
SUisse : NUMBER ONE ???
UK #4
USA : N°3
Denmark #4
Belgium #4
France #5
Spain #7
Australia #10
Ireland #18
Finland #22
Japon : N°3..
Chine : ?

Yeah, we did it:

That is great news! Too bad for US, I'm so disappointed but maybe next week... Don't understand why are Susan Boyle and Taylor Swift so popular there...

Yeah, it's kinda scary that Susan Boyle has overtaken the album of the greatest entertainer in the world in the chart! Does anyone know when the international chart will be ready?

I understand what you mean but I don't agree. I wouldn't want Michael to be remembered through generations only because of "Thriller". Yes, that was a great album and a huge hit. But Michael's art is so much more than just Thriller. I think every song Michael did is important and it deserves attention.
So true I also think that Dangerous is totally underrated and doesn't get the attention and adulation it deserves, in my opinion it's his best work til today, same goes for HIStory, that album is almost forgotten. He created his best work in the 90s yet it's not getting what it deserves. Who here can sit with a straight face and say BoW is not a classic? It's an ultimate classic which made sure Michael arrived in the 90s. IMO.

be sure to know what you're talking about please !

Invincible would have been neaten easily by N sync (1,5 M the only 1st week !) or even Britney Spears of course.

this being said, i love Invincible...the most underrated album of all time
Vince did debut at #1 in the states despite of selling ''only'' 330k a week later Britney Spears' ''Britney'' was released her sales were around 780k (I believe), Vince dropped to #3 the second week due to Britney.

Yeah, we did it:

Wow, this is surprising considering the lack of promotion and the hateful media. Well done:clapping:

UK updates:
"After getting off to a slow start last week, Michael Jackson’s Epic- and posthumous-released Michael continues to under-perform: it is destined course to slip out of the albums top five this Sunday with sales plummeting by more than 50% week-on-week"

pedros82;3148440 said:
UK updates:
"After getting off to a slow start last week, Michael Jackson’s Epic- and posthumous-released Michael continues to under-perform: it is destined course to slip out of the albums top five this Sunday with sales plummeting by more than 50% week-on-week"

were there any snow in UK this Monday ?

how can they appreciate the sales of an entire week based only on Monday ?

was there any snow this Monday in UK ? please uk fans, tell me !

it will get a boost thanks to christmas sales

There were tons of snow in the UK last week when the album launched, which delayed many orders and pre-orders, and there is currently snow for the past 2-3 days over here.

Yeah I'm stuck at home in South East London cos of the snow, its also very icy and there's been lots of problems with deliveries etc.

^ Ok, but the same counts for other albums in the charts, right? When they all suffer because of snow the charts are still a reasonable representation.

So true I also think that Dangerous is totally underrated and doesn't get the attention and adulation it deserves, in my opinion it's his best work til today, same goes for HIStory, that album is almost forgotten. He created his best work in the 90s yet it's not getting what it deserves. Who here can sit with a straight face and say BoW is not a classic? It's an ultimate classic which made sure Michael arrived in the 90s. IMO.

I agree. Although there were great works in the past too. But I wouldn't say Dangerous is his best work because his best works are all around on different albums. Then on Invincible there are some songs not necessarily written by him but really great like Butterflies, Cry and Whatever Happens.

I know how Michael loved being number one so seeing his album underperform makes me very upset. shame on all the boycotters.

'Michael' is #7 in Norway this week.

I checked it wrong. I think you are right today will be published a new chart. But how on earth he managed to be #23 a week ago?! The album was just out then!

the album is # 1 on the R&B Charts making it his 8th # 1 R&B album and number one album for five consectutive decades!!

1970. Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5: #1 R&B

1979. Off the Wall: # 1 R&B

1982. Thriller # 1 Pop and R&B

1987. Bad # 1 POP and R&B

1992. Dangerous # 1 POP And R&B

1995. History # 1 POP and R&B

2001. Invincible # 1 Pop and R&B

2009. This is It # 1 Pop and R&B

2010 Michael # 1 on R&b

Congrats MJ

So "Michael" is #1 on R&B?
That's cool :)

I know how Michael loved being number one so seeing his album underperform makes me very upset. shame on all the boycotters.

Noone knows what Michael would think about this particular album, so stop this "shame on the boycotters" stuff! It could be equally "shame on those who don't respect the quality MJ represented and would buy 'Mamacita' if they'd put his name on it". I bet you would be upset to read that and I bet you are upset to read things like "you are deaf, it's not Michael!" etc. from the other camp. But this "shame on the boycotters" mantra is just the same.

BTW, I did not boycott the album.

Back