Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

But Smooth, we don't normally get this much snow!!! Heck, we've only had real snow the past 2 years! Before that, it was mostly flakes we had.

I checked it wrong. I think you are right today will be published a new chart. But how on earth he managed to be #23 a week ago?! The album was just out then!

They started to sell it in some shops Friday 14th and the chart goes from Monday to Sunday.

Tuesday, December 21st 2010
Sales Figures: Ciara Fails But Michael Jackson Reigns

It’s official: Ciara has bombed. The ‘Gimme Dat’ performers new album, ‘Basic Instinct’, will debut on the Billboard 200 this week with a lowly 37,940 units sold, entering the lineup at #43. This will be Ciara’s lowest debut in her career to date.

On the other hand, Michael Jackson’s ‘Michael’ LP will nab the #3 spot with 224,910 copies sold. While it is not enough to outsell Susan Boyle or Taylor Swift, the record will have have the highest entry of any Urban release this week.

Diddy-Dirty Money also received a special gift from Santa Claus. The trio’s ‘Last Train To Paris’ will enter the Billboard 200 at #10 with 87,380 units, exceeding all expectations, thanks to massive promotion in the last 7 days. The record did not outsell R. Kelly’s ‘Love Letter’, however, as the R&B King’s album will grab the #6 spot with 150,405 in sales.

On the contrary, Tank was not so lucky as his album will debut at #38 with 41,181 units sold. Still, the R&B crooner has managed to outsell both Ciara and Kandi, the latter of whom has missed the top 50 completely with her ‘Kandi Koated’ release. Ho ho no.

Read more at Hits Daily Double. Remember: these numbers and positions are subject to change when published by Billboard.

The Grape Juice
:D

They started to sell it in some shops Friday 14th and the chart goes from Monday to Sunday.

14th was Tuesday, a week ago. 10th before that was Friday. But are you sure it goes from Monday to Sunday because the official site says the earlier chart was published 14th? It would be from 6th to 12th then. So did he manage to go that high based on the digital sales only?!

14th was Tuesday, a week ago. 10th before that was Friday. But are you sure it goes from Monday to Sunday because the official site says the earlier chart was published 14th? It would be from 6th to 12th then. So did he manage to go that high based on the digital sales only?!

Sorry I meant Friday 10th:)

UK albums monday uptade (20.12): Where is MJ??

Albums

1 Take That
2 Rihanna
3 Michael Buble
4 Olly Murs
5 Susan Boyle

Top 10
JLS
Bon Jovi
Black Eyed Peas
Kings Of Leon

Top 15
P!nk
Katy Perry
Script

Last edited:
You people in the UK! You don't know what snow is.... my area has received over 150cm (60 inches) of snow over the past two weeks!

Well, you don't know how much snow my home country have. :lol: But are you serious?! That much there? That's insane!! Remember to KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, so you can breathe!!

In Polnad we have huge problem: in major polish media shops MJ is sold out - people colud buy more but shops received too less copies. No way to get more before christmas.
Congrads SONY.........

UK albums monday uptade (20.12): Where is MJ??

Albums

1 Take That
2 Rihanna
3 Michael Buble
4 Olly Murs
5 Susan Boyle

Top 10
JLS
Bon Jovi
Black Eyed Peas
Kings Of Leon

Top 15
P!nk
Katy Perry
Script

Do you think he will climb ? Cmon if he was #4 last week, expect a #10-11 for next week

Okay...since there are THREE chart threads where folks are exhibiting distress over chart position, I just want to repost a little HOPE in each one (MODS: Please do not consider this spam as it's not intended to be so. Just want to respond to the concerns in each thread without posting a new response to each one. Peace)

You got a USA #1...on the R&B charts. :D Urban America stepped up. Not much we can do about the Subo and Swift supporters. lol. But even so, you have to remember that Susan Boyle's album in holiday related. After the holiday, not much use for Christmas music so sales could drastically drop for her. All Michael has to do is sell consistently and he could very well end up #1 or #2 battling it out with Swift.

If some of you remember with the Thriller25 release, Michael was in the top 10 for WEEKS, hanging on after superhot and popular artists like Alicia Keys and others debuted large and dropped. And these artists had tons of public appearances and promotion. All Michael had was the Luomo Vogue (a magazine that was hard to get in the USA), the Thrillicious campaign, and the Ebony interview as major promotion. Other things were sorta low-key ALTHO the CD did have a nice set-up in stores to get people's attention. And T25 was a CD compilation that many of us already owned several times over, except a completed version of For All Time. Lots of fans complained that no one would be interested in old songs that had been re-re-released. And the outrage some fans demonstrated against those remixes, it really was a surprise that T25 hung on for as long as it did against new, hot, well-promoted artist with new music.

And don't get me started about the "fans" who went on amazon and other sites trashing the remixes and the fact that another re-re-release was being....released. But I digress.

I think some of you are being prematurely pessimistic...for whatever reason...same as ppl were with T25. IMO, it's not always about finishing first...altho we know Michael liked to do so. To me, it's about having a steady lead. And T25 did that...even OUTSELLING those hot new artists it went up against.

How about we hang on for a bit and see where this all goes. :flowers:

If Michael is consistent, and a new single gets more attention/airplay than HMH, it COULD very well do better than it looks at this stage.

I, for one, am proud of the debut when you consider artists like Ciara and Neyo, P-Diddy and others, with ALL their promotion and appearances, are doing much MUCH less. And with all the controversy regarding the vocals, etc...it REALLY is a feat worth appreciating...for me, at least.

Time will tell what happens now.....but we have to be patient. Remember, Boyle is a holiday CD. Her time is short.

Now having said that...

Go Michael!! Congratulations! :punk:

Last edited:
Well I'm not into ITUNES That much but here are the results from there...This is not where Michael is on the REAL charts though just Itunes

*Michael*- #13
HMH- #22

L.o.v.e.
Romi

That is not good.. he is out of top 10.

So true I also think that Dangerous is totally underrated and doesn't get the attention and adulation it deserves, in my opinion it's his best work til today, same goes for HIStory, that album is almost forgotten. He created his best work in the 90s yet it's not getting what it deserves. Who here can sit with a straight face and say BoW is not a classic? It's an ultimate classic which made sure Michael arrived in the 90s. IMO.

:clapping:

I know how Michael loved being number one so seeing his album underperform makes me very upset. shame on all the boycotters.

To be very honest, friend, I think this is far more than the boycotters. There might be boycotters among MJ fans/forums, but I doubt there are many boycotters among the general public. The damage done with BN was really masive and then HMH is sweet, but not strong enough to lead the way, in my personal opinion.

Again, I hope the Estate will be more careful next time. This was a critical point and, to be very, very honest, I feel they didn't make it very well.

:mello:

To be very honest, friend, I think this is far more than the boycotters. There might be boycotters among MJ fans/forums, but I doubt there are many boycotters among the general public. The damage done with BN was really masive and then HMH is sweet, but not strong enough to lead the way, in my personal opinion.

Again, I hope the Estate will be more careful next time. This was a critical point and, to be very, very honest, I feel they didn't make it very well.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Cascio tracks at all. Like you said the general public probably won't think about stuff like that, boycott etc. and when I've heard talk about the tracks' authencity on the radio for me it feels like they don't take they the issue seariously or they don't make such a huge deal about it, so I don't think that affects the sales so much..

It is what is is..

I agree.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Cascio tracks at all. Like you said the general public probably won't think about stuff like that, boycott etc. and when I've heard talk about the tracks' authencity on the radio for me it feels like they don't take they the issue seariously or they don't make such a huge deal about it, so I don't think that affects the sales so much..

It is what is is..

I agree. While I noticed the media picked up the controversy, they didn't take it seriously. To the public, the controversy is just another "crazy stunt" by the "attention seeking Jackson family".

In my opinion, the controversy didn't help or hurt the sales of this album.

It is what it is.

In how many countries did Michael enter as number 1.

I agree. While I noticed the media picked up the controversy, they didn't take it seriously. To the public, the controversy is just another "crazy stunt" by the "attention seeking Jackson family".

It is what it is.

Are you serious?

To the public it may didn't make much difference. But to the fans it did. Didn't you see what happened when "this is it" album hit the market? And it was just a rerelease. Do you honestly believe MJ can't top the charts?

Of course the controversy hurt the album. Damn Cascio tracks. If they released another rerelease with 1 new song instead of "Michael", it would have done way better than this one and certainly it would debut at nr.1.

You see, the fans are THAT MAD about this fraud!!!

I don't think it is the boycotters. I think it has to do with the whole controversy. My mother told me the song was played on urban radio and the great majority of people thought it did not sound like MJ. The few people at work who did know about the album coming out, when I spoke to them about it, the first thing they mentioned was the "fact" that some songs were not MJ. ( I spoke to a girl at work about MJ's album she told me that HMH sounded fake. I was like, "OMG, that song is real.") Confusion about 3 songs has turned into confusion about the whole album

If you take into account public opinion as leaning towards the songs not being MJ's, then take into account very little promotion, then add fans protesting and posting on boards for people not to buy albums because songs are fake and Sony is the devil and add to this a first single that was not very strong and you have a recipe for disaster.

I don't blame the fans for this. I don't think we should have been put in the predicament we have been put in. It is just so many things working against him. I still think we have to try from being bombarded by negativity. I think we should all use this time as a time of reflection. Someone mentioned before how this whole ordeal has brought out the worst in everyone. I hope everyone, even Sony and the Estate can use this as a way to grow, for the better.

I don't think it is the boycotters. I think it has to do with the whole controversy. My mother told me the song was played on urban radio and the great majority of people thought it did not sound like MJ. The few people at work who did know about the album coming out, when I spoke to them about it, the first thing they mentioned was the "fact" that some songs were not MJ. ( I spoke to a girl at work about MJ's album she told me that HMH sounded fake. I was like, "OMG, that song is real.") Confusion about 3 songs has turned into confusion about the whole album

If you take into account public opinion as leaning towards the songs not being MJ's, then take into account very little promotion, then add fans protesting and posting on boards for people not to buy albums because songs are fake and Sony is the devil and add to this a first single that was not very strong and you have a recipe for disaster.

I don't blame the fans for this. I don't think we should have been put in the predicament we have been put in. It is just so many things working against him. I still think we have to try from being bombarded by negativity. I think we should all use this time as a time of reflection. Someone mentioned before how this whole ordeal has brought out the worst in everyone. I hope everyone, even Sony and the Estate can use this as a way to grow, for the better.

Well said Ginvid..I agree completely!

Amen to the bolded part. Why did they have to do this to us? And they didn't even listen to our concerns?

Are you serious?

To the public it may didn't make much difference. But to the fans it did. Didn't you see what happened when "this is it" album hit the market? And it was just a rerelease. Do you honestly believe MJ can't top the charts?

Of course the controversy hurt the album. Damn Cascio tracks. If they released another rerelease with 1 new song instead of "Michael", it would have done way better than this one and certainly it would debut at nr.1.

You see, the fans are THAT MAD about this fraud!!!

May be you are right. The reason I said the controvesy didn't hurt the album becasue no one I know (coworkers and friends) realized there is a new Michael Jackson album. If people don't even know the existance of the album, let alone say the controversy.

@ginvid, another well written post. thank you. although i don't think the performance of the album is a disaster, the early figure is decent. selling over 200K copies in the US is nothing to be ashamed of.

It is what is is..

love is magical said:

It is what it is.

What do you all mean by "It is what it is"...?
Are you implying that MJ's releases can't top the charts anymore, even if everything was going well in terms of promotion & authentic material? Are you saying that people & the general public doesn't care about MJ anymore? :(

Back