Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

IMO your opinion is the truth. So in essence it's a fact ;) ..People purchasing Glee "albums" over music created by real artists is a real reflection of awful music culture were in :sigh:

It's the 'karaoke culture' that has been created by those without any real talent, and those who don't want to put the effort into finding real talent. It's the same in the UK with Zzzzzz Factor and the like - "You look good and you can sing other people's songs?? Fine, you'll do!"

Occasionally we get - "Wow! You look like a freak, but you can sing other people's songs!? We'll try that on the public and see if they lap it up!!"

It's a total joke, but I'm not laughing much.

itunes Greece:

screenshot20101213at640.jpg

Michael dropped to # 4 on Dutch iTunes. He's # 2 at the biggest online shop (bol.com). King of Pop is # 5 over there by the way, due to a discount (it only costs 5 euro's now).

I don't dare to look for HMH, as I fear it won't be that great...

No # 8 and climbing on amazon.com.

But it's been discounted to $8, why? :scratch:

There's no need to do that. It'll reach #1 no doubt.

Is it a marketing strategy to ensure it sells more that Taylor Swift, Bieber, Gaga, etc.

If it does sell more that all of them put together, then I'm all for it.

But there's such a thing as "perceived value". Usually in most people's mind, if an item gets discounted it's because it doesn't sell well or it's a clearance item.

Puzzling.:scratch:

Is it a marketing strategy to ensure it sells more that Taylor Swift, Bieber, Gaga, etc.

But there's such a thing as "perceived value". Usually in most people's mind, if an item gets discounted it's because it doesn't sell well or it's a clearance item.

Incredible. People here are never satisfied. I'll ask the site to raise the price to $ 8000.00 to make you happy.

A girl from American Idol was in front. Her album costs less than $ 7.00. Now Michael is in front.

It's fallen way down the Irish iTunes chart... There is ZERO promotion over here, I really wish they had of got X-Factor to do an MJ song for the final this weekend to promote, it's totally overshadowed the Irish and UK charts...

In my humble opinion it is total shite.

Karaoke singers, that's all they are. Not a creative brain cell between them.

I would tell them to go write their own songs, sing them, and then see who wants to buy the shite.

As I said though, that's just my humble opinion. I take it that is allowed?

If They Suck, How Can They Then Top The Charts Everytime They Release An Album? And They Do Little Mixes Of The Songs, And It Is A TV Show? And Of Course They Ask The Person That Sings The Real Song If It's Ok?

Back On Topic:

The Michael Album Is Stil On 2nd Place In Sweden, But Now Hold My Hand Is On The 9th Place :(

Amazon's price adjustments have nothing to do with Sony's marketing strategy. As explained by another member in another thread, Amazon needs to maintain its price competitiveness. Amazon monitors the price set by its competitors and ensures its price is the most competitive one.

The current price of USD $8.00 is hardly a discount price. Most albums are priced within that range.

If They Suck, How Can They Then Top The Charts Everytime They Release An Album? And They Do Little Mixes Of The Songs, And It Is A TV Show? And Of Course They Ask The Person That Sings The Real Song If It's Ok?

Back On Topic:

The Michael Album Is Stil On 2nd Place In Sweden, But Now Hold My Hand Is On The 9th Place :(

I used to work in food retail. Do you know what was the best selling bread in our stores? The 'Finest', 'hand baked', 'fresh-in-store'? Nope! it was the cheap, tasteless, crap, that always had prime place at the front of the bread section.

That's like music in some ways. A lot of people have no tatse at all. Pile 'cheap', 'processed', 'reconstituted' rubbish in front of them and, with the right 'promotion', they will lap it up.

There really is no accounting for taste I'm afraid.

What bothers me... this album will be released in 6.5 hours here in Canada and on our i-tunes it's currently sitting at #93.... Then again there are no advertisements at all, so not many people would know.

On a positive note, Hold My Hand is sitting at #21 on Canadian i-tunes charts

Even on the US i-tunes MICHAEL is at #85!

What bothers me... this album will be released in 6.5 hours here in Canada and on our i-tunes it's currently sitting at #93.... Then again there are no advertisements at all, so not many people would know.

On a positive note, Hold My Hand is sitting at #21 on Canadian i-tunes charts

Even on the US i-tunes MICHAEL is at #85!

Didn't you say itunes would have ads about the CD today??? Didn't you say Good Morning America would have reports about the CD today?

What happened?

Releasing Day --- December 13th

MICHAEL - Album
2010-11-10t062215z_01_btre6a40nc700_rtroptp_3_music-michaeljackson.grid-5x2.jpg

iTunes

Finland: #1
Greece: #1
New Zealand: #1
Norway: #2
UK : #3
Portugal: #4

Released December 10th, Update December 13th

Switzerland: #1 ()
Luxembourg: #1 ()
Denmark: #1 ()
Italy: #1 ()
Germany: #1 ()
Sweden: #2 (-1)
Austria: #2 (-1)
Belgium: #2 (-1)
Netherlands: #4 (-3)
France: #4 (-3)
Australia: #9 (-8)
Ireland: #18 (-13)

Canada: December 14th
US: December 14th
Spain: December 14th
Japan : December 15th

Amazon

UK : #15

Germany Amazon : #2 (-1)
France Amazon : #4 (-1)

Releasing Day --- December 13th

MICHAEL - Album
2010-11-10t062215z_01_btre6a40nc700_rtroptp_3_music-michaeljackson.grid-5x2.jpg

iTunes

Finland: #1
Greece: #1
New Zealand: #1
Norway: #2
UK : #3
Portugal: #4

Switzerland: #1 ()
Luxembourg: #1 ()
Denmark: #1 ()
Italy: #1 ()
Germany: #1 ()
Sweden: #2 (-1)
Austria: #2 (-1)
Belgium: #2 (-1)
Netherlands: #4 (-3)
France: #4 (-3)
Australia: #9 (-8)
Ireland: #18 (-13)

Spain: December 14th

Amazon

UK : #15

Germany Amazon : #2 (-1)
France Amazon : #4 (-1)

This is not as good as one would have hoped is it?

This is not as good as one would have hoped is it?

Why not? It's been three days for some countries and only one day in the UK.. I would love to know how other artists albums have done on the day of their release and how soon they went to the top spot?

There was a segment on MICHAEL this morning on Good Morning America.

I-Tunes Adverts will be up on i-tunes tonight in the US and Canada just after midnight I'm told.

Everyone has to take into consideration that a lot of people don't get paid from there jobs until the weekend so I say expect a big sales boost on the weekend. I know when Invincible came out I didn't get it until that Friday because I didn't get paid from work until Friday.

Just some food for thought.

Back