Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

Michael is now #7 on itunes

Teddy Riley will do some promotion on New York's WPIX.

Oprah will re-air the LMP interview today. I know we fans hated the interview, but the public did not.

Apparently, people love hearing about MJ having a normal sex life.

If there are ads during the interview, it will boost CD sale.

^^ I would be delighted if it outsells progress,though take that is topping the amazon.uk charts and MJ is not in the top ten.I so much want ''Michael'' to do well,it hurts.

he is moving up real quick #6 on itunes

P Diddy has a new album today as well, and he is promoting it like crazy on itunes. I wish someone would do that for MJ

Anyway, if you guys use Twitter, please TAG ALL YOUR TWEETS with #Michael . We are gonna try promoting the album all day, until midnight tonight.

don't forget to update your Facebook....

The album is GREAT...we should all be proud to stand behind it AND support it.

Let's do this for Michael and his kids.

What is up with you guys? Why are you not listening to me?

'Michael will not hit #1 in the UK this week!

In todays 'midweeks' he is third - 10,000 copies behind Rhianna with TT selling twice as MJ many so far! - he will be lucky to get #2 this week.

Albums
On the albums front, it seems that nothing can knock Take That’s Progress from its reign at the top of the charts for the fourth week running, confirming what many already suspected - that the record will deliver the band their first Christmas number one since reforming earlier this year.

Michael Jackson’s posthumous Michael lands itself in the top five in the midweeks – with only 10,000 sales keeping it from Rihanna’s Loud at number two. For the former king of pop to compete head to head with Take That, he will have to more than double his album sales before Sunday. However he looks unlikely to slip out of the top five, which also features Michael Buble’s Crazy Love and Olly Murs’ self titled debut.

Courtesy of 'Music Week'

Let's please 'geat real' guys, and fight for that number 2 spot and 100,000 sales.

100,000 sales, for an artist that has been attacked, ridiculed, and belittled by his own fans, will still be a great result!

^ Only 10,000 sales? That's horrible. With that, I'd expect total sales in the UK this week to be in the 80,000 to 100,000 range. Not good at all

^ Only 10,000 sales? That's horrible. With that, I'd expect total sales in the UK this week to be in the 80,000 to 100,000 range. Not good at all

I can't believe it!!! So the position #3 at uk itunes means all now for me.
What about huge presale numbers - wasn't that trure or what????

Not good news in Canada... the album has yet to crack the Top 10 for our i-tunes chart. When This Is It CD hit i-tunes it was #1 on both Canadian and US i-tunes the day of release. And for some reason, there are no advertisements on the Canadian i-tunes? An absurd move considering the album is out today! There should be big banners on i-tunes. At least the US i-tunes has advertisement.

Even Amazon charts are lower compared to This Is It. (in both Canada and the US) I think Sony's estimate of 400,000 in the US is too high. I'm betting for 200,000 to 250,000 personally which would jeopardize it's chance at #1. The album is also tanking in the UK with first day sales of only 10,000 (lower than This Is It). Not good at all....

Rihanna's "Loud" is 10,000 units ahead of "Michael"... but that doesn't mean MJ's sales for 10,000 range in the first day.

Anyway, the debut sales from Invincible:
US - 363,000
UK - 110,000

Not good news in Canada... the album has yet to crack the Top 10 for our i-tunes chart. When This Is It CD hit i-tunes it was #1 on both Canadian and US i-tunes the day of release. And for some reason, there are no advertisements on the Canadian i-tunes? An absurd move considering the album is out today! There should be big banners on i-tunes. At least the US i-tunes has advertisement.

Even Amazon charts are lower compared to This Is It. (in both Canada and the US) I think Sony's estimate of 400,000 in the US is too high. I'm betting for 200,000 to 250,000 personally which would jeopardize it's chance at #1. The album is also tanking in the UK with first day sales of only 10,000 (lower than This Is It). Not good at all....

The first day sales is not only 10 000 in the UK. You have read the post wrong.

Michael is still #1 on the Danish iTunes chart.

It's; "10,000 sales behind Rihanna.."

Not; "It's behind Rihanna with only 10,000 sales"

Please read again.

I always thought your figures were over estimated smooth.

Time to own up now bud. Did you make them up yourself - based on time of year, previous MJ albums, etc., or have Sony really made a complete balls up of this? (wink)

I have said it before and sadly I am confirmed!
I tried to warn some people in here that are constantly arguing about fake non fake and all these stupid theories not to be disappointed if "Michael" doesn't reach #1 in a few countries! Sony isn't the only one to blame but we can take a portion of the blame as well. What did we expect from the general public, when they hear that Michael's own fans boycott the album and when a very big part of the critics focus on the argument between the fans, the Jackson members etc. This is ridiculous and for the first time in Michael's career, his album won't reach #1!
Congrats on all of us, the Jackson members and the controversy! We did it again!

I have said it before and sadly I am confirmed!
I tried to warn some people in here that are constantly arguing about fake non fake and all these stupid theories not to be disappointed if "Michael" doesn't reach #1 in a few countries! Sony isn't the only one to blame but we can take a portion of the blame as well. What did we expect from the general public, when they hear that Michael's own fans boycott the album and when a very big part of the critics focus on the argument between the fans, the Jackson members etc. This is ridiculous and for the first time in Michael's career, his album won't reach #1!
Congrats on all of us, the Jackson members and the controversy! We did it again!

I agree with you.

Back